RVUCOM Acceptance Time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharpstickie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been invited to interview at RVUCOM on 01/11. I have another interview at PNWU on 03/25. I would like to know two things:

1. How long did it take to hear back about acceptance to RVUCOM?
2. How much time do they give you to decide on acceptance?

I would still like to see how the interview goes at PNWU before deciding between the two.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

1) Go RVU if you get the chance
2) What are your stats for landing II's?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been invited to interview at RVUCOM on 01/11. I have another interview at PNWU on 03/25. I would like to know two things:

I would still like to see how the interview goes at PNWU before deciding between the two.
Thank you
1. The wait time to hear back depends on when the committee meets. I think they met twice a month when I interviewed there a few months ago. The max waiting time should be 2 weeks.
2. You have until May to make the final decision, but you might have to pay to reserve your seat if you get accepted. The first deposit is in December, second in Jan, and then last one in May. But if you're not interviewing until Jan, then I'm not sure.

1. The wait time to hear back depends on when the committee meets. I think they met twice a month when I interviewed there a few months ago. The max waiting time should be 2 weeks.
2. You have until May to make the final decision, but you might have to pay to reserve your seat if you get accepted. The first deposit is in December, second in Jan, and then last one in May. But if you're not interviewing until Jan, then I'm not sure.
Did you end up going to RVUCOM?

Thanks! I just wish I did better on my MCAT. I'm scheduled to retake it in April if I don't get accepted.

I think you should get an acceptance as long as you prepare for your interviews properly. Good luck!

Thank you

You'll know definitely by the end of january, maybe by the end of the week you interview. All depends on when the committee meets.

Do you have a preference right now or do you want to just test the water at both schools?

Reactions: 1 user
You'll know definitely by the end of january, maybe by the end of the week you interview. All depends on when the committee meets.

Do you have a preference right now or do you want to just test the water at both schools?
I just really want to test the water with both. I read so much,but my personal experience is what's going to get me to decide. I'm surprised that I'm even getting interviews (I decided on med school in May).

Did you end up going to RVUCOM?
Yep! Their new curriculum made them skyrocket to 100% board pass rate and 2nd (off by 2 points) for the highest score last year. Can't wait to get started here!

Yep! Their new curriculum made them skyrocket to 100% board pass rate and 2nd (off by 2 points) for the highest score last year. Can't wait to get started here!
That sounds amazing! What did they change? You might want to directly message me so we don't change the topic of this thread.

Thanks! I just wish I did better on my MCAT. I'm scheduled to retake it in April if I don't get accepted.

Don't take this the wrong way, but your MCAT score vs. your GPAs would raise a few concerns for medical ADCOMs. I have heard many times on these forums that real high GPA with low MCAT scores bring up the risk on maybe having an inflated GPA or lack of critical grading policies at your university. Just be aware.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't take this the wrong way, but your MCAT score vs. your GPAs would raise a few concerns for medical ADCOMs. I have heard many times on these forums that real high GPA with low MCAT scores bring up the risk on maybe having an inflated GPA or lack of critical grading policies at your university. Just be aware.
I completely agree with what you've said. I'm sadly aware of this fact and that's why I'm retaking it. If I don't get in this go around, my score will be better for next year :)