2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Supplemental received!
+1 OOS with strong ties to MT!

Secondary:
What unique characteristics, abilities, or skills will you bring to help ensure MCOM achieves new heights in medical education? (no character/word limit)

Just got the supplemental

What unique characteristics, abilities, or skills will you bring to help ensure MCOM achieves new heights in medical education? (no word limit)

+1 OOS with strong ties to MT!

Secondary:
What unique characteristics, abilities, or skills will you bring to help ensure MCOM achieves new heights in medical education? (no character/word limit)
+2 IS!

Is anyone else having trouble with the link in the email?

Last edited:
I didn’t have any trouble viewing the link from my computer. Did you try to open it on your phone or desktop?
I tried opening on my laptop on two different browsers. I called them and left a VM.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone! I went to the MCOM community open house today and had a chance to speak with the Director of Admissions. She told me that they are anticipating sending interview invites starting in mid to late August, as they are currently all hands on deck helping get the school ready for the inaugural class to start. The campus surpassed my expectations in every way! Here are some photos that I took.
IMG_8736.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8714.jpeg
    IMG_8714.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_8708.jpeg
    IMG_8708.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_8705.jpeg
    IMG_8705.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_8704.jpeg
    IMG_8704.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_8701.jpeg
    IMG_8701.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_8698.jpeg
    IMG_8698.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_8694.jpeg
    IMG_8694.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_8692.jpeg
    IMG_8692.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_8695.jpeg
    IMG_8695.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 281
Reactions: 9 users
Hey Everyone! I went to the MCOM community open house today and had a chance to speak with the Director of Admissions. She told me that they are anticipating sending interview invites starting in mid to late August, as they are currently all hands on deck helping get the school ready for the inaugural class to start. The campus surpassed my expectations in every way! Here are some photos that I took. View attachment 374345
Thank you for these pics!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for these pics!!
Absolutely! The faculty were very friendly and excited. There ended up being over 1,000 community members in attendance which was way more than they expected!

Hey Everyone! I went to the MCOM community open house today and had a chance to speak with the Director of Admissions. She told me that they are anticipating sending interview invites starting in mid to late August, as they are currently all hands on deck helping get the school ready for the inaugural class to start. The campus surpassed my expectations in every way! Here are some photos that I took. View attachment 374345
This is super helpful, thank you!! Did they by any chance mention anything about rotation locations?

• Care
This is super helpful, thank you!! Did they by any chance mention anything about rotation locations?
Of course!! Intermountain Healthcare built a large multi-specialty clinic just across the street from MCOM which I’ll attach a pic of here (view from the library). MCOM is hoping to establish an agreement with them to have students rotate there! Otherwise St. Vincent’s Hospital and Billings Clinic were mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_8715.jpeg
    IMG_8715.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 179
Of course!! Intermountain Healthcare built a large multi-specialty clinic just across the street from MCOM which I’ll attach a pic of here (view from the library). MCOM is hoping to establish an agreement with them to have students rotate there! Otherwise St. Vincent’s Hospital and Billings Clinic were mentioned.
That's awesome! I really hope that works out, the clinical rotations are making me nervous lol. I went to college in Western Montana and lived there for a while, and I know WWAMI has a large hold on rotation & residency spots. I was talking to a physician that works in Missoula the other day, and he was telling me they were going to boycott the RVU and Touro schools because they were so committed to WWAMI. I love Montana so I hope I get to stay there, but who knows! Definitely questions I will ask if I get a II.

That's awesome! I really hope that works out, the clinical rotations are making me nervous lol. I went to college in Western Montana and lived there for a while, and I know WWAMI has a large hold on rotation & residency spots. I was talking to a physician that works in Missoula the other day, and he was telling me they were going to boycott the RVU and Touro schools because they were so committed to WWAMI. I love Montana so I hope I get to stay there, but who knows! Definitely questions I will ask if I get a II.
I definitely have the same concerns! I would definitely want to know more about 3rd/4th year if I got invited for an interview as that is my only hesitation at this point.

sorry what's WWAMI?

sorry what's WWAMI?
It’s the University of Washington’s regional medical school program to help states that didn’t have a medical school. It stands for Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho. Applicants from those states will apply to University of Washington and then if admitted would attend medical school in satellite campuses associated with universities located in each of those states rather than in Seattle.

Primary submitted:7/22
Secondary received : today 7/27

Got app "under review email" ! Excited to hear back soon

Got app under review but never submitted secondary. Guess they’re seeing my secondary from last year? Sent email but no response yet

I just learned about the School today and applied.

Has anyone submitted secondaries to Montana? After I submit it shows incomplete, couldn't find what else missing

I got a secondary for RVU-MCOM a few weeks ago. I promptly filled it out and submitted it and even got the confirmation email that it was received. Now I’ve gotten an email (which is almost exactly the same as RVU-MCOM; just the header is different) from RVUCOM to fill out a secondary. I’m really confused because the link that was provided takes me to the same landing page as RVU-MCOM and the website is exactly the same too. The secondary question is also the same. So my question is:

Which campus did I just get a secondary from, Colorado or Utah?

I’m concerned that if I submit my secondary, it’ll be for RVU-MCOM again. There’s nothing like 2 different tabs or anything btw

I got a secondary for RVU-MCOM a few weeks ago. I promptly filled it out and submitted it and even got the confirmation email that it was received. Now I’ve gotten an email (which is almost exactly the same as RVU-MCOM; just the header is different) from RVUCOM to fill out a secondary. I’m really confused because the link that was provided takes me to the same landing page as RVU-MCOM and the website is exactly the same too. The secondary question is also the same. So my question is:

Which campus did I just get a secondary from, Colorado or Utah?

I’m concerned that if I submit my secondary, it’ll be for RVU-MCOM again. There’s nothing like 2 different tabs or anything btw
They sent out an email today explaining that it was an error. From their email:

“You may have received an automated email by error prompting you to submit your supplemental application. You can ignore this email as your supplemental application to RVUCOM has been received! Our team will now work on completing and reviewing your application file. There is nothing else you need to do. We apologize for any inconvenience!”

They sent out an email today explaining that it was an error. From their email:

“You may have received an automated email by error prompting you to submit your supplemental application. You can ignore this email as your supplemental application to RVUCOM has been received! Our team will now work on completing and reviewing your application file. There is nothing else you need to do. We apologize for any inconvenience!”
Huh, I didn't receive an email from them. But good to know it was an error. Thanks!

Has anyone received responses after submitting the secondaries? Or how long it takes to hear after the secondaries?

Has anyone received responses after submitting the secondaries? Or how long it takes to hear after the secondaries?
I was told by the director of admissions to expect interview invitations to start going out mid-late august.

Hoping I get an II here. Does anyone know the average MCAT here?

Hoping I get an II here. Does anyone know the average MCAT here?
I would assume it’s close to 500 since it’s a new school. I could be wrong though. There’s definitely an emphasis on mission fit and being a Montana resident/regional resident will help.

I would assume it’s close to 500 since it’s a new school. I could be wrong though. There’s definitely an emphasis on mission fit and being a Montana resident/regional resident will help.
sadly im a 498 MCAT scorer :(. my application is very service based and i want to be practice in an underserved area so hopefully i get an II

sadly im a 498 MCAT scorer :(. my application is very service based and i want to be practice in an underserved area so hopefully i get an II
I think you’ll be fine!! Someone in last years thread had a 498 and got an interview invite to this school.

current student here, if anyone has any questions fire away
Thank you!! How do you like the school so far? I had a chance to go to the open house and liked what I saw, but I was wondering if you have any more insight!

Thank you!! How do you like the school so far? I had a chance to go to the open house and liked what I saw, but I was wondering if you have any more insight!

Honestly loving it. Faculty are all incredible and extremely helpful. Very collaborative culture. I feel like I have all the resources of an old school with the technology of a new one. I think our simulation center is incredible, and we all get our own handheld ultrasounds we can use on a phone or iPad. We have a 4th year OMM fellow from the CO campus who does all the tutoring/resource gathering and he’s amazing. Biggest con so far is ironing out wrinkles in technology (personally hasn’t bothered me at all). Overall thrilled with the choice I made and glad I went with this school!

Honestly loving it. Faculty are all incredible and extremely helpful. Very collaborative culture. I feel like I have all the resources of an old school with the technology of a new one. I think our simulation center is incredible, and we all get our own handheld ultrasounds we can use on a phone or iPad. We have a 4th year OMM fellow from the CO campus who does all the tutoring/resource gathering and he’s amazing. Biggest con so far is ironing out wrinkles in technology (personally hasn’t bothered me at all). Overall thrilled with the choice I made and glad I went with this school!
That’s amazing! When you mention having the resources of an old school, is that because of having Rocky Vista Colorado and Utah? I had a chance to meet the 4th year fellow and he was really nice. When you interviewed or since, did the school mention anything about 3rd and 4th year clinical rotation sites? I think that’s the biggest worry I have as of now for the school.

I'm a current student here. Ask me anything!