2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This got posted in the accepted students group chat earlier today!

In case anyone else was unsure of the school’s technology requirements, I contacted their IT dept and this is what they said. Hope this helps!

RVU MCOM isn't platform-specific, meaning you can choose either Windows or Apple. If you are looking for some recommendations we highly recommend Microsoft's Surface lineup if you are looking at going with Windows. Specifically their surface laptops for their built-in keyboards. If you are going with Apple we recommend sticking with their Macbook Pro lineup. In terms of hardware specs, you will want to pay attention to the following.

Processor: Intell 13th gen or higher, AMD Ryzen 7 or higher, Apple M2 or higher

RAM: 8GB or higher but recommend 16GB

Storage: SSD or NVMe storage of at least 256GB or higher.
I have a Mac book pro from 2020 so it’s an M1 processor but meets the other requirements. Do you think I’ll need to get another computer

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a Mac book pro from 2020 so it’s an M1 processor but meets the other requirements. Do you think I’ll need to get another computer
I just recently talked to a first year student who said he uses his MacBook from 2020 with no issues!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on monday! very casual and conversational. My interviewers helped me feel super relaxed!

Email was put on APS today! Do any current student who were put on APS last year have any insight on how this normally works out?

do you think its helpful to send an update letter or no
I dont think so. Looking at previous threads for MCOM, it seems like APS people hear about around 4-6 weeks later. Especially since now were approaching mid April, there will hopefully be a lot more spots open for this summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think so. Looking at previous threads for MCOM, it seems like APS people hear about around 4-6 weeks later. Especially since now were approaching mid April, there will hopefully be a lot more spots open for this summer.
Thank you for explaining that! Ive been confused by the APS thing

I'm a current student here. Ask me anything!
Hi! Are you a student at RVUCOM Montana? where are you from? Do you like it? If you could go back would you have made a different choice? Do they have rotations in the area of the school? thanks for any and al advice!

current student here, if anyone has any questions fire away
Hi! are you a current student at RVUCOM Montana? If so do you like it? Do they have 3d and 4th year right the as well? Would you still go there if you went back in time? Where are you originally from? Thanks for all and any advice!

Emailed that I was placed on alternate list today :( Do you think this is maybe a bad thing? I am not familiar with how that works. I'm so nervous.

Interviewed on 4/03/2024. Jamie mentioned the Dean would be sitting down this week and I should hear by Friday. I'm really nervous and not sure if they are even handing out any acceptances or if it'll mostly be waitlist spots. Anyone else interview recently?

Emailed that I was placed on alternate list today :( Do you think this is maybe a bad thing? I am not familiar with how that works. I'm so nervous.
I think there’s going to be a decent chance of waitlist movement with the AACOMAS traffic rules! So even though it’s way easier said than done, hang tight!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed on 4/03/2024. Jamie mentioned the Dean would be sitting down this week and I should hear by Friday. I'm really nervous and not sure if they are even handing out any acceptances or if it'll mostly be waitlist spots. Anyone else interview recently?
We currently have 121 people in the accepted student Facebook group for MCOM, so right at the seat limit for this years class however with AACOMAS traffic rules there could very well be waitlist movement at other schools which could free up seats at MCOM!

Follow-up question if anyone knows, do they give out rankings/numbers for the alternate list? I might end up asking Jamie or the admissions team. I'm waitlisted at 3 schools so I'm feeling a little antsy.

What's the difference between these two? I was placed on the alternate list today and I know that means different things for different schools. Thank you!
APS is seat guaranteed either this cycle or next cycle (without re applying ) . WL/AL depends on how many withdraws

Last edited:
Follow-up question if anyone knows, do they give out rankings/numbers for the alternate list? I might end up asking Jamie or the admissions team. I'm waitlisted at 3 schools so I'm feeling a little antsy.
Hope for the best. After April, accepted students to finalize their school as per AACOMAS traffic data. So, there will be good movement after that. All the best

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone prefer MCOM over other RVU campuses? I haven't been to any locations, but they look beautiful. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. I find MCOM has a better-structured curriculum and blocks.

So the accepted student event is on May 17th...does anybody have any other info other than that? Is it one day, several days? And what time does it start? I did not get an email with info (?)

So the accepted student event is on May 17th...does anybody have any other info other than that? Is it one day, several days? And what time does it start? I did not get an email with info (?)
One day starts at 9 am..you should have received an email if you have scheduled

Thanks for the reply! So its multiple days??? I keep emailing my advisor and I haven't gotten a reply...no emails or anything :(
It’s one day from 9am to around 5pm. I didn’t get the email till around three days prior. Did you register for it on the portal?

It’s one day from 9am to around 5pm. I didn’t get the email till around three days prior. Did you register for it on the portal?
Zachary registered me himself and didnt say much more than that...Thanks so much for the info! I just really wanted to know how many days of hotel I needed to book.

Oh that’s weird. I would look at the “visit us” tab just to make sure you’re actually registered

Accepted off the APS yesterday but will be withdrawing my application. Good luck everyone!