2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I saw from earlier posts that people did have their cameras on! I am preparing to have my camera on for the presentation tomorrow, just in case
You should have your cameras on. Everyone did when I attended it. You can also ask him questions throughout the session. He'll also ask everyone to share their name/state/school in the chat.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a silly question, but when you all had your interviews, did you keep your backgrounds blurred or unblurred on Zoom? Is one more professional than the other?

This might be a silly question, but when you all had your interviews, did you keep your backgrounds blurred or unblurred on Zoom? Is one more professional than the other?
I think I’d go with a blurred background if you are in a space with a lot of distractions in the background but unblurred is fine if the distractions are minimal just the idea of keep their attention on yourself

Reactions: 1 user
Are we able to move our interviews to an earlier date if an earlier date opens up? I saw that we can not reschedule them, but does anyone know if we can move them to a spot that opens?

Are we able to move our interviews to an earlier date if an earlier date opens up? I saw that we can not reschedule them, but does anyone know if we can move them to a spot that opens?
I would email Jaime and ask!

I second on emailing Jaime! She helped me reschedule the deans session!

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary complete 12/22
OOS II received today!!
Idk much about Montana (would love to hear some stories of current students and what their social life looks like in billings)

Has anyone else received an II? I got the email back in October saying my application was under review for an II but silence since

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email getting denied for II and I got the under review email end of october

MMS student here.
It’s a great program. Very challenging because it’s very similar to medical school itself. Our exams have less questions but we are seeing the same content the DOs are minus OCS. It’s a very good deal too since you get into the program if you keep that GPA up.
It’s a lot of information thrown at you but I think you’ll get out of the program with a lot of skills and knowledge that will help you have a great first year, definitely not as intense as a typical first year of med school. Let me know if you have more questions.
Hey! How do you feel about the support from the school to help you succeed? Going into 2nd semester do you still feel good about the school?

Does anyone have any intel on what the rotations might look like? I’m a little concerned about driving a distance in the winter. I’m assuming there may be a need to re locate during rotations but wonder if anyone has heard for certain.

1705895635569.png

They said that they want everything to preferably
be within 200 miles of the school

Turned down my A. Hopefully, it goes out to one of you wonderful people!

Anyone else interview on 1/8 anxiously awaiting for the decision next week?😅

Withdrew my A. Good luck and Best Wishes to those waiting!

Could I ask what was your reason withdrawing A from this school?
So confused lmao, I have checked all the previous posts and so many people withdrew A from this school. I am just curious what were everyone's reasons.

Probably As elsewhere that makes more sense for them. I’m sure they could give their personal reasons, here’s just what I’ve been considering as I’ve had a couple As to choose from. It’s a new school, Montana is a long way from home for a lot of applicants, we have to take out private loans the first year, and we don’t know much on the stability of rotations yet since the first class just started in August. None of this scares me much anymore, but I’m sure persuaded other’s decisions. This school has really changed my mind considering the beautiful campus, sim center, the faculty have been amazing and seem to genuinely care about the students, talked to current students who have nothing but great things to say, Billings has opportunities for my family, etc. We are excited to possibly pack our things and move across the country, but others might not be. Big decisions to make! Just my thought process :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my A as well; however, it was a tough choice! I was impressed by MCOM in so many ways. I'm a non-traditional student ( 32 y.o, 9 year career in clinical oncology trials, married). I was fortunate to get several acceptances. Ultimately, I decided to go with a school that's in a location that better suits my husband's career and his preference for a more milder winter. If I only had myself to consider, I'd probably choose MCOM. But as I'm uprooting our lives, forcing a move, and cutting the household income in half for god knows how long...it was important to compromise and pick the program that fit us both.

Just received an email that said my application has been successfully received and is currently undergoing review for interview consideration. Guess we'll just wait and see, but fingers crossed!

Is this school fair with non-traditional applicants? I have pre-requisites fulfilled at a non-Canadian foreign institution (not a study abroad program), so AACOMAS does not let me allocate those courses to any prerequisites for any medical school I apply to. (Side note to consider: I am a US citizen that did my entire undergraduate education abroad)

I ask because, unfortunately my experience this year has been that certain schools will not take the time to manually review my certified equivalency transcripts sent to them by AACOMAS. Sometimes this results in huge processing delays and/ or autorejections. Then I have to be that annoying student that calls admissions (sometimes multiple times) to ensure that my application is reviewed completely. More often then not my rejection is corrected and I am offered a secondary and later an interview. It is just horribly stressful trying to advocate for myself while also trying to be professional and not come across as pushy or desperate with these admissions departments.

Does anyone have any insight on this school and how open they are to processing the applications of non-traditional, foreign applicants. Are they flexible with prerequisite equivalents or substitutions in these cases?

I understand this is a very specific question but any help would be appreciated!

They said we might hear back today.Anyone got the acceptance call yet?
I have been waiting by my phone all day so far, and I have not heard anything! It looks like the portal has not yet been updated too - I am so nervous lol

Is this school fair with non-traditional applicants? I have pre-requisites fulfilled at a non-Canadian foreign institution (not a study abroad program), so AACOMAS does not let me allocate those courses to any prerequisites for any medical school I apply to. (Side note to consider: I am a US citizen that did my entire undergraduate education abroad)

I ask because, unfortunately my experience this year has been that certain schools will not take the time to manually review my certified equivalency transcripts sent to them by AACOMAS. Sometimes this results in huge processing delays and/ or autorejections. Then I have to be that annoying student that calls admissions (sometimes multiple times) to ensure that my application is reviewed completely. More often then not my rejection is corrected and I am offered a secondary and later an interview. It is just horribly stressful trying to advocate for myself while also trying to be professional and not come across as pushy or desperate with these admissions departments.

Does anyone have any insight on this school and how open they are to processing the applications of non-traditional, foreign applicants. Are they flexible with prerequisite equivalents or substitutions in these cases?

I understand this is a very specific question but any help would be appreciated!
I completed my graduate degree at a non-Canadian foreign institution ( strong UK institution) and was accepted to MCOM. That being said, I completed all of my undergraduate prereqs at a US institution.

Per MCOM's website,
  • A bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university must be completed prior to matriculation (exceptions may be made and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. These exceptions may pertain to faith-based and/or strong international universities). In the event of coursework completed at foreign institutions, official detailed course-by-course evaluations must be completed by an approved agency. Please see the list of approved agencies in the MCOM Student Handbook and Catalog.
I'm not sure which foreign institution you attended, but I'd say it's always worth shooting your shot and following up with admissions. Keep being the squeaky wheel ( in a polite, professional manner) and advocate for yourself. And good luck, future doc!

I completed my graduate degree at a non-Canadian foreign institution ( strong UK institution) and was accepted to MCOM. That being said, I completed all of my undergraduate prereqs at a US institution.

Per MCOM's website,
  • A bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university must be completed prior to matriculation (exceptions may be made and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. These exceptions may pertain to faith-based and/or strong international universities). In the event of coursework completed at foreign institutions, official detailed course-by-course evaluations must be completed by an approved agency. Please see the list of approved agencies in the MCOM Student Handbook and Catalog.
I'm not sure which foreign institution you attended, but I'd say it's always worth shooting your shot and following up with admissions. Keep being the squeaky wheel ( in a polite, professional manner) and advocate for yourself. And good luck, future doc!
Thanks. I just submitted the primary. Hopefully all goes smooth with my shot shooting LOL

I’m also post II gang, waiting for a call, have heard nothing, emails included.

A via email as well. Does anyone have any information on whether it is guaranteed that they will use federal loans after the 2nd year?

Just got the A!! Is there an accepted students GroupMe?