2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That would be me šŸ˜¬šŸ˜­ I think we should find out this week right?
Jaime told us we should of found out today but it could be later depending on if Dr. Park was traveling (but that she would let us know if that was the case). šŸ˜…šŸ˜… Iā€™ve been hovering near my phone all day

Members don't see this ad.

Jaime told us we should of found out today but it could be later depending on if Dr. Park was traveling (but that she would let us know if that was the case). šŸ˜…šŸ˜… Iā€™ve been hovering near my phone all day
Omg... I didn't know it would be today! I'm at work right now trying to distract myself, but I will turn my ringer on. Yikes!! Is this one of your top choices?

Last edited:
Omg... I didn't know it would be today! I'm at work right now trying to distract myself, but I will turn my ringer on. Yikes!! Is this one of your top choices?

Also, I'm weirdly trying to match people on SDN to faces I saw on that Q&A haha!
Yeahā€¦ I think itā€™ll come tomorrow. But who knows haha. This is definitely one of my top choices as I am a Montana resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeahā€¦ I think itā€™ll come tomorrow. But who knows haha. This is definitely one of my top choices as I am a Montana resident.
Fair! I'm not a MT resident but I went to UMT and lived in Missoula for a while and I would love to go back. It seems like they're doing really well for a new school

Fair! I'm not a MT resident but I went to UMT and lived in Missoula for a while and I would love to go back. It seems like they're doing really well for a new school
Thatā€™s awesome!! I totally agree with you, the way their curriculum is laid out and the faculty they have it just feels set up for success. Getting an A here would be a dream! Especially being able to stay in Montana. Canā€™t go wrong there!

Reactions: 1 user
Got the A call this morning from Jaime!! CONGRATS GUYS weā€™re gonna be doctors!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Got the A call this morning from Jaime!! CONGRATS GUYS weā€™re gonna be doctors!!!
Congrats!! Also, dumb question but how do you get this under your posting:
1695759806889.png

MMS student here.
Itā€™s a great program. Very challenging because itā€™s very similar to medical school itself. Our exams have less questions but we are seeing the same content the DOs are minus OCS. Itā€™s a very good deal too since you get into the program if you keep that GPA up.
Itā€™s a lot of information thrown at you but I think youā€™ll get out of the program with a lot of skills and knowledge that will help you have a great first year, definitely not as intense as a typical first year of med school. Let me know if you have more questions.
Thanks !!!

Can you dm me so we can talk more? I cant access yours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary 8/10, havn't heard anything back yet. Should I reach out or keep waiting

Submitted secondary 8/10, havn't heard anything back yet. Should I reach out or keep waiting
Iā€™d wait, interviews are coming out in waves. Are you IS or any ties to montana/the region?

1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?
9. What's your favorite thing about the school?
10. Are you happy?

THANK YOU!! :)
1. Clinical years are P/F/H.
2. I believe it's a lottery but I'm not 100% sure.
3. The professors are fantastic. We really have an all-star faculty here and I'm impressed.
4. I'm just a first year but they're already talking about boards and giving us board style questions so good, I think!
5. I believe 4 months but I'll have to double check.
6. Depends on the block. Mostly on Mondays, and looking ahead, before breaks.
7. Remediation policy - need to check back on this. Haven't had to remediate so I'm not sure.
8. The student environment is pretty chill. We are pretty driven and my friends and I challenge each other, but it's very collaborative.
9. So far my favorite thing about the school is the atmosphere. It's very welcoming and I can tell that the faculty wants us to succeed.
10. I'm very happy! :)

I have a question for current studentsā€¦. If yā€™all could change anything about the school at this point, what would you change?

OOS II, will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!!

Submitted secondary in august and havenā€™t received an II.. oof

Just got secondary invite. Submitted in like June of july. Should I even bother at this point?

Just got secondary invite. Submitted in like June of july. Should I even bother at this point?
It seems like they do rolling admissions, so it could be worth it. Have you heard anything from other schools yet?

Just got the A yesterday! Is there an accepted students GroupMe?

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gotten an II recently? Been complete since august

I am joining for the Dean Overview 11/2 10am-11am. For those who have done it, is that EST or MT time zone? I am in the EST zone.

I am joining for the Dean Overview 11/2 10am-11am. For those who have done it, is that EST or MT time zone? I am in the EST zone.
Itā€™s all in MST

Has anyone gotten an II recently? Been complete since august
same boat. I emailed a bit ago because they said on their site to email if nothing had been heard after 3 weeks.....they said my app should be reviewed by Oct 10. Haven't heard anything yet though

Just got an email from them saying my application has been reviewed and is under consideration for an interview

Reactions: 1 users
How long after your app has been reviewed did yā€™all received your interview?

OOS II today! I never received an email but my portal was updated with the option to schedule an interview.

Do you think being in consideration for an II means itā€™s likely we will get one? I canā€™t imagine why else they would send that email when we already know the next step after secondaries is a possible interview. But idk.

Do you think being in consideration for an II means itā€™s likely we will get one? I canā€™t imagine why else they would send that email when we already know the next step after secondaries is a possible interview. But idk.
I took it as ā€œyouā€™ll get an II but not nowā€ could be because of low stats or residency or whatever

I took it as ā€œyouā€™ll get an II but not nowā€ could be because of low stats or residency or whatever
It could be a combination of both. I had a pretty low MCAT (496) but Iā€™m an in state resident so I think thatā€™s the only reason I got an interview invite early. When I signed up for my interview originally, it seems like they have interviews days once a week.

It could be a combination of both. I had a pretty low MCAT (496) but Iā€™m an in state resident so I think thatā€™s the only reason I got an interview invite early. When I signed up for my interview originally, it seems like they have interviews days once a week.
Yeah I have a 498 and Iā€™m OOS. I hope I get one but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it wasnā€™t until next year

Anyone else going to accepted student day next Friday?

Me! They just emailed with discounted hotel booking information. I went for the Hilton.
Awesome!! Iā€™m planning on renting a car at the airport so Iā€™ll have a few extra seats if anyone needs help getting to the school that Friday šŸ™‚