Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my acceptance yesterday - I hope it goes to one of you waiting! Best of luck :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Holy cow.

I'm sorry Benzyne! I don't even know what that could possibly even mean.

Me either. I'm hoping I got in, but now I don't really know. So frustrating.

NEVER MIND MAIL CAME<3 I'm in!!!

Reactions: 12 users
Hey pretty random question my background check came through and surprisingly two MIPs from 4 and 5 years ago showed up on the report. I was never convicted of anything ( I did plea in abeyance) but they're still listed. Should I be worried? Also should I reach out to PCOM and explain anything? I didn't disclose them previously because I wasn't convicted and also didn't think they would show up. Any advice would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So in my current job and in what I do, it would have been a complete denial of my security clearance but that's my government personnel security side coming out.

This can be read two ways though. One, it happened when you were a minor and so should NOT be held against you, especially if you do not have anything since then. This is what I believe would happen, but I may be wrong. But if I was looking at it, then I would go this route.

The other thing is that it did happen and you did not report it so it could be an "ethical" issue but with something that happened that long ago in comparison to your current status, etc. I do not think it will be that big of a deal.

Note that this is just my opinion and should not be taken as the truth. Who does the report go to at PCOM? I would call them and discuss with them - it is better to get in front of this instead of waiting to see what happens. My two cents.

So in my current job and in what I do, it would have been a complete denial of my security clearance but that's my government personnel security side coming out.

This can be read two ways though. One, it happened when you were a minor and so should NOT be held against you, especially if you do not have anything since then. This is what I believe would happen, but I may be wrong. But if I was looking at it, then I would go this route.

The other thing is that it did happen and you did not report it so it could be an "ethical" issue but with something that happened that long ago in comparison to your current status, etc. I do not think it will be that big of a deal.

Note that this is just my opinion and should not be taken as the truth. Who does the report go to at PCOM? I would call them and discuss with them - it is better to get in front of this instead of waiting to see what happens. My two cents.

Yea I hear ya and thanks for your input! I believe the person they go to is Marsha Williams but I'll do some research.

Just accepted off of the wait list!!! CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I had literally lost all hope. Can someone send me the Facebook link???!?!?! Still freaking out!!!!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Just accepted off of the wait list!!! CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I had literally lost all hope. Can someone send me the Facebook link???!?!?! Still freaking out!!!!!!!

Congrats!! Did you get a letter or a portal change??

Members don't see this ad :)
If any male needs a place to live, please let me know. One of our roommates has decided to go to a different school and we have a spot available.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm applying to PCOM this year and I was wondering, does anyone knows from first-hand experience if I can use Interfolio to send letters to AACOMAS and then AACOMAS sends the letters to PCOM? The AACOMAS manual said that PCOM doesn't accept letters from Interfolio but does through email so I'm not sure if I have to ask my letter writers to send letters to individual schools? Wouldn't that be too much of a hassle for them? Thanks!

I'm applying to PCOM this year and I was wondering, does anyone knows from first-hand experience if I can use Interfolio to send letters to AACOMAS and then AACOMAS sends the letters to PCOM? The AACOMAS manual said that PCOM doesn't accept letters from Interfolio but does through email so I'm not sure if I have to ask my letter writers to send letters to individual schools? Wouldn't that be too much of a hassle for them? Thanks!

I sent my letters to PCOM thru Interfolio and it was fine.

Are people still coming off the waitlist? If you are-are you finding out through the portal sometime on Fridays with the link to put your deposit down?
Still waiting to hear back...

Reactions: 4 users
I'd also like to know if anyone on the Waitlist has heard anything and typically when they find out. I heard the Admissions committee meets on Tuesdays?

Reactions: 2 users
Interfolio through AACOMAS is fine, they will not go into Interfolio to pull the letters like they used to do

From interfolio do you send the letter to AACOMAS or do PCOM directly? I was attempting to send to PCOM directly but it doesnt show in the drop down menu of interfolio...so cnfused

From interfolio do you send the letter to AACOMAS or do PCOM directly? I was attempting to send to PCOM directly but it doesnt show in the drop down menu of interfolio...so cnfused

Mines showed a drop down. I sent it directly to PCOM through the drop down and by typing manually and sending it to [email protected]

I'd also like to know if anyone on the Waitlist has heard anything and typically when they find out. I heard the Admissions committee meets on Tuesdays?
There is still movement guys from what I've seen and personally. Keep hanging in there and stay positive. Also keep an eye on that mail because deposits are due faster now :)

Hey gang, quick question-
Does the portal change either way- whether accepted or not? Or just when accepted?

Hey gang, quick question-
Does the portal change either way- whether accepted or not? Or just when accepted?

I'm not sure about rejections but I wouldn't rely on the portal change too much. Mine did change but it was a few days after my acceptance letter.

I'm worried there isn't going to be an Waitlist movement in July since there were so many more applicants this year. :/ Just sitting here refreshing and overanalyzing.

I'm worried there isn't going to be an Waitlist movement in July since there were so many more applicants this year. :/ Just sitting here refreshing and overanalyzing.

It's not over until its over..I mean you figure that PCOM has been around a long time so no matter how many people applied, there would be similar number of interviewees and acceptances right?

Any movement lately?

Just saw the new CIB and the class size is at 283.

Yea there is probably going to be waitlist movement still (hopefully!!) - there have been in the past few years.

The tuition date is based on their tuition payment policy (20 days prior to classes).

Reactions: 3 users
Yea there is probably going to be waitlist movement still (hopefully!!) - there have been in the past few years.

The tuition date is based on their tuition payment policy (20 days prior to classes).

Fingers crossed!

I wonder if they will still snail mail any acceptances off the waitlist or if they will switch to email since it is so close to the start date? Looks like last year July acceptances were via email.

Update: I called to ask and they said all of the admissions advisors are out of the office preparing for an open house.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if they will still snail mail any acceptances off the waitlist or if they will switch to email since it is so close to the start date? Looks like last year July acceptances were via email.

Update: I called to ask and they said all of the admissions advisors are out of the office preparing for an open house.

Yeah they switched to email! I got an acceptance email this morning and they are mailing out the acceptance packet. I did not receive a link for the deposit yet. Waitlist is still moving!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah they switched to email! I got an acceptance email this morning and they are mailing out the acceptance packet. I did not receive a link for the deposit yet. Waitlist is still moving!!!

Congrats! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Congrats! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Thank you! Still feels surreal to me. As far as housing goes.. Do you know where I can find PCOM female roommates? School starts in August and I have nowhere to live

Thank you! Still feels surreal to me. As far as housing goes.. Do you know where I can find PCOM female roommates? School starts in August and I have nowhere to live

For housing, I would recommend joining the Facebook group. There are still a few girls searching for roommates. Just search PCOM class of 2020 in the Facebook search box

Wow congrats! What time did they email you? I spoke to an admissions advisor an hour ago on the phone and he said they were only using USPS for acceptances - weird.

Wow congrats! What time did they email you? I spoke to an admissions advisor an hour ago on the phone and he said they were only using USPS for acceptances - weird.

It was 6 hours ago. I'm not sure? The deadline for my deposit is in 5 days so maybe they wanted to make sure I received the information on time. I'm still waiting for my acceptance packet to arrive by snail mail so maybe that's what they meant. I just realized I'm on the wrong thread. I'm going to the GA campus so things might be a little different.

Last edited:

did they tell you that they sent out new acceptances off the waitlist or they just generally use USPS for acceptances?

They just said any decisions will be sent by USPS only - they didn't give me any information about waitlist status