Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviews are still going on Monday-Thursday, usually with morning and afternoon slots. Not sure when the last date will be, but usually go through March.

If we haven't heard back for an interview yet, is it probable that we won't get one?

Members don't see this ad.

If we haven't heard back for an interview yet, is it probable that we won't get one?

I know that a lot of the class is full now, but to be honest i'm really not sure how much time they give from when you hear about the interview til the actual date. I know mine was three weeks but I was OOS, and I know some IS applicants had less than two weeks.

It is still possible to receive an invite. And I think I remember them extending interviews later into the season because of how many applications they received last year. Not sure if that will be the case this year.

Anyone go to the Feb 4th Interview date? It looks like they are every two weeks since someone above has an II on Feb 18th.

Anymore upcoming interviews?

I'm interviewing tomorrow... Would love to go here! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
No love from PCOM :( went complete in November and havent heard a peep...anyone else in this boat?
27mcat 3.75ns 3.6 science
Yes...same. Complete in November. 28 MCAT, 3.8 non-science, 3.7 science.

I called and the Adcom meets again at the end of Feb. We'll be waiting a long time for this one fellas

Finished my secondary 1/22, I guess theyre still revieweing. Not a strong MCAT; 26M but GPA's are 3.7, and 3.6 science.

Head scribe at an emergency room and a faith based free clinic.
International volunteer for 3 months in 2012, in Nepal
over 1000+ medical/nonmedical volunteer hours
graduated with university honors and magna cum laude.

I think the only thing that's holding me back is my MCAT, I know I am to wait 4-6 weeks just for the app to be reviewed.

What are your inputs? if you're already accepted any advice would be greatly appreciated

Finished my secondary 1/22, I guess theyre still revieweing. Not a strong MCAT; 26M but GPA's are 3.7, and 3.6 science.

I think the only thing that's holding me back is my MCAT, I know I am to wait 4-6 weeks just for the app to be reviewed.

What are your inputs? if you're already accepted any advice would be greatly appreciated

There have been acceptances in the incoming class with 26 MCATs that I know of :thumbup:
You applied kind of late though, but that doesn't mean they won't send you an ii if they like what they see. I think a first year might have more insight to offer on this. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

I got a 26 on my first MCAT and re-took them, and got a 30 the second time.

But.... PCOM interviewed me back in September, before I got my second score back, and they accepted with a 26.

It's really a great school, and they really look at the whole applicant, not just the applicants numbers.

There have been acceptances in the incoming class with 26 MCATs that I know of :thumbup:
You applied kind of late though, but that doesn't mean they won't send you an ii if they like what they see. I think a first year might have more insight to offer on this. Good luck!

Thanks a lot! That was definitely encouraging dude!:thumbup:

I got a 26 on my first MCAT and re-took them, and got a 30 the second time.

But.... PCOM interviewed me back in September, before I got my second score back, and they accepted with a 26.

It's really a great school, and they really look at the whole applicant, not just the applicants numbers.

Thanks!!!:thumbup:

I truly don't understand why I haven't heard anything back from PCOM. Do they do silent rejections?

I don't think you'll hear anything until the end of the interview season if you're rejected. They're still interviewing.

Yea, I think with my GPA and MCAT, I should at least get me an interview right?

I don't think you'll hear anything until the end of the interview season if you're rejected. They're still interviewing.

They last met at the end of January. Or at least that's what the admissions office told me last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe, there are never any guarantees in this process. Numbers are just one part of the equation. Good luck!

Several of us on here were complete in November and still haven't heard anything. 4-6 weeks is NO guarantee...you could be in for a very long wait.

I called and they said the end of Jan, as well. Maybe this is a silent rejection. Snail mail would have arrived by now, I think.

Did anyone receive an actual complete e-mail, or did the items on the status check webpage simply have dates listed of all items received?

Did anyone receive an actual complete e-mail, or did the items on the status check webpage simply have dates listed of all items received?

I didn't get a complete email. Just one saying that they received my secondary.

I am still waiting to hear back from PCOM. I was complete back in October :-(

Does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes them to get back to you after your complete. And when does their interview season end?

Does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes them to get back to you after your complete. And when does their interview season end?
Apparently it can take 4+ months! A lot of us on here were complete Oct/Nov and haven't heard anything. I believe they interview through March.

This is seriously frustrating. I really want to go to PCOM but seriously this wait time from complete to II/rejection is insane!!!!!...I am from the PNW and a plane ticket to PCOM will be expensive for a shot at the waitlist. Seriously....BS!!!! Sorry for the rant...this is what happens when you have been complete for 4 months and have not heard a peep!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I had a discrepancy with my LOR, from a large university and just realized that my LORS were incomplete because I needed a dean or adviser letter not just science professors. I am rushing to turn it in asap . My question was can I send my adviser letter via interfolio to admissions or does it need to be directly from my adviser? If no one knows its no problem, Ill be calling asap tomorrow morning to make sure. Thanks!

Hey guys, I had a discrepancy with my LOR, from a large university and just realized that my LORS were incomplete because I needed a dean or adviser letter not just science professors. I am rushing to turn it in asap . My question was can I send my adviser letter via interfolio to admissions or does it need to be directly from my adviser? If no one knows its no problem, Ill be calling asap tomorrow morning to make sure. Thanks!

I sent my with interfolio and it was fine. If you have you advisor sent it to interfolio and sent it out, then that should be good.

This is seriously frustrating. I really want to go to PCOM but seriously this wait time from complete to II/rejection is insane!!!!!...I am from the PNW and a plane ticket to PCOM will be expensive for a shot at the waitlist. Seriously....BS!!!! Sorry for the rant...this is what happens when you have been complete for 4 months and have not heard a peep!!!!!!!

A lot of students that have been accepted thus far started their application in May (when AACOMAS opened) and were complete late summer/early Sept. Interviewed in fall of 2012.

HOWEVER, my tour guide on interview day said he didn't apply until November and he got one of the last interview date and was accepted. You never know. Good Luck! :luck:

Hi everyone!
Does anyone have any idea how many open spots are still left? I interview on Monday and I'm getting very nervous!

Hi everyone!
Does anyone have any idea how many open spots are still left? I interview on Monday and I'm getting very nervous!

The facebook group was at 160+ the last time I checked. May I ask when your application was complete?

when I interviewed they said the class was about 85% full. They anticipate a class of roughly 265... so you can do the math of how many spots there are remaining

I'm interviewing on Wed the 27th and was wondering if anyone knows when the comittee meets in Feb? It seems like it was monthly and was hoping I wouldn't have to wait until March to get an answer.

Hey guy! Im a CANADIAN student and have been complete since October. PCOM is my number 1 choice but Im worried that being a Canadian has really screwed my chances here.. I have 2 other acceptances, neither that I even slightly want.. I was thinking about sending in a letter of interest, but im not sure what to write in it. any suggestions?
P.s my stats are 29O and 3.7.

Hey guy! Im a CANADIAN student and have been complete since October. PCOM is my number 1 choice but Im worried that being a Canadian has really screwed my chances here.. I have 2 other acceptances, neither that I even slightly want.. I was thinking about sending in a letter of interest, but im not sure what to write in it. any suggestions?
P.s my stats are 29O and 3.7.
I don't think it has anything to do with your being Canadian. Me and numerous others are US citizens and have similar stats to yours and haven't heard anything.

Has anybody recently received a post-interview Delayed Decision letter?

Just got the letter as well. "...the Faculty Committee on Admissions is delaying a decision on your application for admission..."

Is this a wait list?

Did some fishing around in last year's thread and found this tidbit:

"Glancing at some of the old threads, I saw that many of those who originally had a delayed decision were subsequently accepted after the late April date. It seems like as the interview season progresses they (PCOM adcom) are even more selective about who they offer acceptances to, so a majority of the applicants get the delayed decision. Of course, this is only what I was able to gather from stalking some of the old threads, so take it with a grain of salt, but I think it means we're definitely still in the game! "

Just got the letter as well. "...the Faculty Committee on Admissions is delaying a decision on your application for admission..."

Is this a wait list?

Not a wait list. You can still be accepted, wait-listed, or rejected. Unless they are holding for grades or MCATs (usually earlier in the year), it is usually because it is the end of the season and there are minimal spots left in the class and they want to 1. Be able to assess how many students have withdrawn acceptance by not paying their April deposit and 2. Be able to compare the remaining interviewees, as it becomes very competitive with little spots and high grades/MCATs.

I would take it as a good thing because it's not a rejection. If they didn't want to continue to consider you they would have just sent a rejection letter.

Interview invite today. Incredibly surprised. I was complete and submitted in August! This was my #1 DO before I was accepted. We'll see what happens.

Interview invite today. Incredibly surprised. I was complete and submitted in August! This was my #1 DO before I was accepted. We'll see what happens.

Congrats! Seems like AdCom met recently. Anybody else get any invites?

Just continuing to anxiously await my delayed decision...