My WWittle Pony: Friendship is MMagic Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, I was definitely not kidding when I said the literal first thing I did as I woke up from anesthesia was think about the thread.
This game was so tense and I definitely thought I was going to get yeeted, like, every day. Phew.
Heal pshelty

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also, I was definitely not kidding when I said the literal first thing I did as I woke up from anesthesia was think about the thread.
This game was so tense and I definitely thought I was going to get yeeted, like, every day. Phew.
Is this your first wolf win?

I still literally don't understand my ability.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
didn't understand the result,
I know that. You think for sure the person lying about an innocent child claim will be outted. Then it all falls apart. Smh

• Haha
  • Hmm
How did you use it/what was the result?
I simply activated it. It said:

You remember, very faintly, a time before you had a name. It seems odd; everyone has a name, right? But you're sure you remember, even though it's become very faint. There was a chorus of whispers, voices that didn't seem to come from anywhere in your world. The whispers took a liking to you, and they gave you your name: Octavia.

Every once in awhile, oh so faintly, you can hear the whispers. You don't tell anyone, because you're pretty sure it would sound crazy. But they are real, at least as real as you are. And right now, those whispers are mostly saying one name: "Crayola."

You remember, very faintly, a time before you had a name. It seems odd; everyone has a name, right? But you're sure you remember, even though it's become very faint. There was a chorus of whispers, voices that didn't seem to come from anywhere in your world. The whispers took a liking to you, and they gave you your name: Octavia.

Every once in awhile, oh so faintly, you can hear the whispers. You don't tell anyone, because you're pretty sure it would sound crazy. But they are real, at least as real as you are. And right now, those whispers are mostly saying one name: "Crayola."
I think it asked tot chat something, maybe, from the role name at least

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

We were asked to vote in tot chat, and ended up voting for Cray. Is that what that was about?

Yeah and the crazy thing is we did it without ever placing a vote on each other! Which actually wasn't actually planned but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Some of us will just do whatever you think we won't, or then we won't do that either and instead we'll do the thing you do expect! You just never know sometimes.

My wolf strategy:

"Village can't gamesolve if nothing you do makes sense"

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

Basically my other strategy after D1 when the sus just grew and grew, was to accept my yeet was inevitable and just lay down the thickest layer of WIFOM I possibly could, and just have tons and tons of interactions that would make anyone look like a potential partner or NOT like a partner, and no lack of sus on my actual partner, since those are often the things I don't do when I wolf. It definitely pushed me way outside my comfort zone.

Stoat was such a third wheel getting in the middle of my w/w fight!!! I ended up just throwing her in the POE so that my fake POE was two people I was fighting hard with, one being village one being wolf, so it wasn't all one or the other, to try to gum up the analysis.

We also worked hard to put off doing NKs on the usual suspects. The MJ yeet was not planned and I had no intention of starting anything on him early game since he is often LHF when he is village, but since I was up for vote I couldn't afford to look the gift horse in the mouth there when the opportunity arose.

Also had no idea everyone would lose their minds that I seered AM. I meant everything I said about seering theory, I really did read that somewhere but now can't find it. Maybe someone edited it out of the MU wiki article lmao for being bad advice! From my perspective it seemed like a very natural village Cray seer target lol.

I partly gave up defense the one day and the next because my hands gave out.

I felt like I biffed things D1 so I was just trying like hell to leave a decent legacy for my partner to work with. Pretty amazing how PSV hung through it all.

I never understood the concept of open wolfing, but ran across an article for it, and one thing they said was never stop posting. Every post you make is a post that wasn't made by town. So yeah that was what I went for.

Every wolf rand takes at least 2 years off your life.

Or, well, there's a Jewish saying that the more you suffer the longer God makes you live, so it might also add years to your life I dunno.

I definitely wouldn't have activated N1 then. Oof. Late game is stronger.

• Care
Idk if tot chat had any clearer idea of what was going on than we did anyway lol
Unlikely, but I find it's easier to find stuff on my own early game. Late game second opinions are more interesting to me.

• Care
I want to say I looked to @genny for inspiration. Laying down the WIFOM, trying to make it so if I did flip it wouldn't give as much useful data.

Genny is much more masterful than I am, but had to give credit where credit is due for where I was looking for inspiration.

• Care
I looked to @supershorty for inspiration on doing more ISOs than I should have ;)
I was super, super impressed with your ISOs and the conclusions you were drawing. I was like, holy **** despite the WIFOM sowed she is gamesolving and working out the motivations. It was really amazing to read and understand. Honestly I think I have to be informed minority to truly appreciate how good they are and understand them because I think when I am village my own confusion and skepticism makes it harder for me to appreciate how good the logic is, and here I knew where you were spot on.

• Care
Oh I meant to congratulate you for that too. I'm grumpy about how it happened because of my own ego, but I am glad you finally got your win :)
Thank you, and I'm also sorry. :(
I *really* wanted someone to join me on Santy but the ISO just wasn't going to happen today, so I had to just give it a go and see if I could pull the win. I was trying to stir something up on Santy or Trilt but no dice, so I had to do the only other thing that gave me a chance of winning.
I really don't like how guilty wolfing makes me feel. 😭

• Care
Thank you, and I'm also sorry. :(
I *really* wanted someone to join me on Santy but the ISO just wasn't going to happen today, so I had to just give it a go and see if I could pull the win. I was trying to stir something up on Santy or Trilt but no dice, so I had to do the only other thing that gave me a chance of winning.
I really don't like how guilty wolfing makes me feel. 😭
You don't have to feel guilty. I'm not mad at you for playing to your wincon and never would be.

• Care
Anyway, I'd like to be village for another 5 month long stretch, pls and thankies

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I was super, super impressed with your ISOs and the conclusions you were drawing. I was like, holy **** despite the WIFOM sowed she is gamesolving and working out the motivations. It was really amazing to read and understand. Honestly I think I have to be informed minority to truly appreciate how good they are and understand them because I think when I am village my own confusion and skepticism makes it harder for me to appreciate how good the logic is, and here I knew where you were spot on.
I think being so very lost forced me to be a lot more objective in my ISOs than I typically am. Like, I went into them with very little confirmation bias hanging over my head because I knew I was wrong somewhere and it seemed equally likely to be any of the three of them. Usually (like when I was going back through alissa's posts) I'm having to fight against the conclusion I've already reached in my head.

• Care
I think being so very lost forced me to be a lot more objective in my ISOs than I typically am. Like, I went into them with very little confirmation bias hanging over my head because I knew I was wrong somewhere and it seemed equally likely to be any of the three of them. Usually (like when I was going back through alissa's posts) I'm having to fight against the conclusion I've already reached in my head.
Hey, and you still landed on the right person!

• Care
You did good, PSV. I'm never wolfed under surgery highs, but I'm sure it was a perlious experience.

Reactions: 5 users
Needlessly to say, I think I'm going to continue to predominately read WW games with my glasses on. I feel like it's making a different in me retaining information.

• Care
You did good, PSV. I'm never wolfed under surgery highs, but I'm sure it was a perlious experience.
Oh yes, though the pain cut through a lot of the drugs.
Also, thank you :love:. Fighting with you is always terrifying, even more so when I know you're right.

• Love
I feel like everyone played a very good game this go round and I'm extremely sentimental about it right now.
Truly loved this game even though I spent 90% of it in a tachycardic state. What a thriller.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I hope you felt the compliment that was intended when I said this btw

You're attributing a level of foresight to me that I simply do not possess :laugh:

Sorry, I do not accept these kinds of comments from you any more than I accepted them from True in Assassination Classroom :shrug:

You'll get no underestimation from me ;)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I have the hope and dreams of the villas we lost along the way. I am using the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP to make Trilt reconsider and put them in the right track
And not any pants, they were the pants master was wearing..... So right now master is.....7u7
*Puppy Eyes to Trilt*
@Trilt Pleeeeease I beg of theeee.
Kaydubs has been pocketed by me, so no one is going to protect you
@Trilt ... *Sad pony eyes even tho they are technically a griffin*
Pony Salvaje! Pony Salvaje!
Pony, pony , pony
Pls I pocket people as either alignment. Even tots are singing pony Salvaje. I already won
Worst part is that I dont even know if they are online rn aaa
Rip in pasta, we tried
But well, now my Skill Issue will be shared with Trilt for being pocketed also by Psv.
Tiny win for me
Oh my god I saw that I had Santy tags but this is so much more than expected.

Sorry guys. Legitimately did get yanked onto the floor for like an hour there, and then when I had a moment the thread was locked. Then more dying things came in but had to get the salmiakki purchase in to begin my penance.

It is surprisingly very upsetting to try and ricochet my brain from "your dog has kidney cancer" to "yeet a wolf!" and I think my previous shifts where I just didn't pay attention at all to thread were better for my head.

I gotta be honest, as someone who is still just super impressed by many of the small things PSV dropped in thread and on PM, I'm definitely not trusting them any more and I don't know if any amount of Pony Salvaje would have worked. :laugh:

Last edited:
  • Care
Mods, what was the tie breaker? Like was it RNG, always wolf, whatever. I'm curious if there were other ways this could have gone.

I'm pretty sure a wolf ended up knocking me off their vote in endgame the literal last game I played, too, so maybe the rule of this is get myself killed sooner. :laugh: