My WWittle Pony: Friendship is MMagic Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly one of the biggest things I've seen is like, this crossover of MU culture and things over to our site on SDN, and while some of that has improved the game experience, caliber of play, and freshened some things up, some of it I don't care for and don't think it belongs here as the norm.

I was just talking to Cessna about this, and the best analogy I could come up with, is like NFL or NBA vs college ball, and like how some people actually prefer the not-professional level of play, they find it more sporting in a way and less predictable, because like, there are more opportunities for fumbling and that sort of thing.

MU I would say is like the pros, and SDN used to be more like college ball.

If I wanted the pro league experience, I would just go play on MU. But I don't. I like the chaos and the fumbles we have historically seen on SDN.
Idk, MU has its moments, even in Champs (where wolves tend to reign anyway) :laugh:

I think we've acquired some basic like, game strategy and terminology stuff from MU but very few of us have even played over there, and I would hesitate to say that it's professional status in their regular games anyway.

I think there has been a huge shift in time investment in games vs the early days where it was something you popped into for maybe an hour a day at most, but I don't think that came from MU.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I think people would be less likely to make ties (that last) if they knew the tie mechanics at the start of the game. The allure of finding out tie mechanics is removed.
Smh it's the damn Bioshock cigarettes all over again. People can't help themselves, even when it's most likely to be a bad idea :laugh:

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I think there has been a huge shift in time investment in games vs the early days where it was something you popped into for maybe an hour a day at most, but I don't think that came from MU.
I think what actually happened is that the people who are pathologically addicted to playing the game stuck around the longest and passed down that attitude to future generations/it became part of the game culture, increasing the population of heavily addicted players over time. The busiest people got busier and as the other end of the spectrum moves further away, it gets harder for them to keep up, so they drop off from playing, and the proportion of high-activity players increases even more. Or something like that.

Hence the discussions we've had about slower paced games

Reactions: 6 users
Day 4

Once upon a time, Princess Celestia sent out her student to learn the meaning of friendship. Twilight Sparkle, of course, didn’t appreciate the assignment and instead spent days twisting and turning ways to destroy the elements of harmony and just return to her secluded life in the library.

Upon her untimely death, her BBBFF (Big Brother, Best Friend Forever, for the uninitiated) abandoned his post as the Captain of the Royal Guard and came to her assistance one final time. He was going to fulfill her dream of solitude or he would die trying.

2da.gif

For ages, he crept under the radar- who would mistrust a Royal Guard member? And then finally, when the population of Equestria had dwindled enough, he let them cave in on themselves. It didn’t matter who came for him in the end, for he was much bigger and stronger than any of the remaining occupants.

A seamstress came for him, but she was cast away with one sharp shove of his forehoof…. And with her gone, all that remained was a hotheaded griffin and some bird. He could deal with them tonight, easy.

Shining closed his eyes that night, happy knowing that he provided one last act of protection for his little sister.

50267.gif

Dead is @WildZoo - Rarity, vanillager

WOLVES WIN

The Roster:

2. @Santygrass - Gilda, vanillager
4. @potentialsheltervet - Shining Armor, WOLF 1x strongarm
9. @Trilt - Constance, anonymous messenger

Dead:

6. @Mad Jack - Spitfire, Jailor
5. @bluestoat - Trixie, vanilla
3. @Crayola227 - Twilight, WOLF Affiliation seer
8. @Zenge142 - Winona, neighborizer
10. @alissa14 - Vinyl Scratch, post restrictor
1. @Animal Midwife - Octavia, ask-the-audience
7. @WildZoo - Rarity, vanillager
Wowee I’m good.
Also my deepest apologies to @alissa14 , who I am now not allowed to vote for (or shoot) for at least a year probably. Your reads were absolute gold and you died for the sin of being right.
Noted :heckyeah:

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I think what actually happened is that the people who are pathologically addicted to playing the game stuck around the longest and passed down that attitude to future generations/it became part of the game culture, increasing the population of heavily addicted players over time. The busiest people got busier and as the other end of the spectrum moves further away, it gets harder for them to keep up, so they drop off from playing, and the proportion of high-activity players increases even more. Or something like that.

Hence the discussions we've had about slower paced games
I think more active steps were also taken to discourage some players and some of the people who had less activity.

On one hand, it seemed like a good idea to drum out the lower posters, otoh, I now see what we have sacrificed in the process.

I have an idea for how a game could be moderated that might help in this regard. I think we could actually run a few games where p meta is not allowed. As someone who relies greatly on p meta, I don't suggest this lightly.

Obviously people are still going to be aware of how other people have played historically, but not being able to use that to make a case on someone for the class could definitely shift play in a way that might favor some people stepping into the game again.

I think more active steps were also taken to discourage some players and some of the people who had less activity.

On one hand, it seemed like a good idea to drum out the lower posters, otoh, I now see what we have sacrificed in the process.

I have an idea for how a game could be moderated that might help in this regard. I think we could actually run a few games where p meta is not allowed. As someone who relies greatly on p meta, I don't suggest this lightly.

Obviously people are still going to be aware of how other people have played historically, but not being able to use that to make a case on someone for the class could definitely shift play in a way that might favor some people stepping into the game again.
I'm not sure how that would solve the problem you're describing. I mean, to some extent being able to say that a particular player is on the lower end of posting regardless of their alignment actually keeps them from being suspected for it. And vice versa, everyone knows I post a ton no matter what alignment I am, so I don't get village read just for posting.

I do think most people recall most other players' metas more poorly than they realize (or recall things that are actually NAI), so it's not a bad idea to not rely on that so much, but I guess I'm not seeing the link between that and activity levels.

I mean I think to some extent, if people are going to lowpost and know that they're going to, they need to be proactive about having a low fluff:content ratio.

You can work with a lowposting slot if the posts that they do make are clearly geared toward game solving, even if there aren't a ton of them. genny's done that well a bunch of times this year, for example. It's the lowposting that's mostly lolcatting around that essentially has to be policy chopped before you're at a gamestate where you don't have any margin for error, or else you're set up for a misyeet when it matters most.

The fewer posts someone makes, the more important it becomes that the posts they do make a) clearly are trying to solve the game, or b) clearly are trying to demonstrate to other people that they are town (which kind of circles back to point A, tbh) so that they can be found.

Reactions: 2 users
I think I've decided that I like the idea of votes being locked at MarVoLo (in games where mechanics don't prevent MarVoLo from being identified lol)
Or, ties always being broken towards whomstever was in the lead first or something like that (I want to say Flushy did that in one of his games?), for those situations where otherwise a coin flip is basically determining game outcome.

I enjoy my collection of funky tie mechanics too much to do away with them completely, but I think I prefer them for the larger, role madness type setups where their effect is more diluted.

I actually enjoy the occasional majority vote game too. Not every game, but having it in place sometimes is like...refreshing.

Ehh, I will give my insight on some lf this stuff too, even tho I am not from here wowee. For context , in my community we use Hammer/Majority vote, but the locked votes at LyLo was new to me.

Majority vote is a weapon that is mostly for village imo. Village decides when it is majority and can keep track when a vote is close to maj or not. Its so good for thread health when a yeet is decided and village doesnt want to wait another whole day when yeet is cleat and stuff like that (I know the mods said they will close a day before if things seem decided, but its a way to actually implement that in a clear way tbh) .

And having the vote lockes at LyLo/MyLo lr whatev I feel like its actually good for both sides, Scum has plays to do taking it into account, and Town like can have info from that and make it into a tool of discussion still and pretty much make it less stressful I'd say? Or rather than a scum if it wants to make a 'play' dont have to be there at EoD. For example, psv wouldnt be able to pull the play if they got busy for some reason which It would be such a bad way to lose imo. If votes were locked, Trilt voting WZ would've already decided the win or tie at least for Psv.
So I feel like locking gives less leeway for undesired shenanigans or ways for the game to end in undesired stuff? Idk
I don't like locked votes, to me it turns the endgame from social deduction into like a vote order meta minigame. (But we never lock votes where I'm from, so that's also what I'm used to.)

Scum can also play into those, and like, the social deduction is still there imo. One misvote from Villa, and the scum win the game. And it ends before and village doesnt have to be snowed for the full phase to make it worse in my opinion.

Also, regarding ties, I dont really know whats the 'best' and prolly depends on setuo, but I think that the tie breaker method being announced is usually positive, cuz that way both Village and Scum can play around that, and gives players more grasp into the game.

2cents into the matter.

Also can vibe with what Cray said about the vibes from how people play here, and prolly the reason why I liked it too, in my community even tho we tryharded more maybe game aspects, at the end of the day the sense of community, being a friend group and doing stuff for the lols is still there.

• Care
Also for games trying to meta to not influence so much I'd say it would be hard to mod? Maybe games with people on Anonymous accounts or something like that but idk if that could be realized here. But def could see games with more lax / longer deadlines or implementing some sort of postcap to not doing it a chore to people wanting a game not requiring a lot of effort/ for starters

Reactions: 5 users
Also for games trying to meta to not influence so much I'd say it would be hard to mod? Maybe games with people on Anonymous accounts or something like that but idk if that could be realized here. But def could see games with more lax / longer deadlines or implementing some sort of postcap to not doing it a chore to people wanting a game not requiring a lot of effort/ for starters
Yeah we've talked about (and shorty has one in the works) games with like 48/24 cycles and post caps so people can still play even if they're too busy for the usual game pace. It's just hard to make everyone happy since we usually only have one game running at a time :laugh:

And yeah we wouldn't be able to run an anonymous game on this site because as far as I'm aware you're not allowed to have alt accounts, but could definitely run it on MU or something for the lulz.

I even have a theme in mind :heckyeah:

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure how that would solve the problem you're describing. I mean, to some extent being able to say that a particular player is on the lower end of posting regardless of their alignment actually keeps them from being suspected for it. And vice versa, everyone knows I post a ton no matter what alignment I am, so I don't get village read just for posting.

I do think most people recall most other players' metas more poorly than they realize (or recall things that are actually NAI), so it's not a bad idea to not rely on that so much, but I guess I'm not seeing the link between that and activity levels.
I think there would be a benefit, if the goal was to shake up who the common misyeets or NKs are, to no longer lock clearing people mechanically based on meta, and also if there was less bias began right at early game against certain people, if for example you cannot say when someone comes into thread "This person should be watched very closely because they are usually townread" or "watched closely because they are a chaotic player."

I think the tendency not to remember meta very well used to be stronger, and that was something that introduced more wiggle room in play.

I may post a treatise I wrote in wolf chat about degrees of freedom in game play and degrees of freedom in *deception* specifically, and that while yes, meta can be used to allow people to play more that otherwise would not get to, it can be over-used to a point where the loss of degrees of freedom in play doesn't serve to enhance the experience.

I think there would be a benefit, if the goal was to shake up who the common misyeets or NKs are, to no longer lock clearing people mechanically based on meta, and also if there was less bias began right at early game against certain people, if for example you cannot say when someone comes into thread "This person should be watched very closely because they are usually townread" or "watched closely because they are a chaotic player."

I think the tendency not to remember meta very well used to be stronger, and that was something that introduced more wiggle room in play.

I may post a treatise I wrote in wolf chat about degrees of freedom in game play and degrees of freedom in *deception* specifically, and that while yes, meta can be used to allow people to play more that otherwise would not get to, it can be over-used to a point where the loss of degrees of freedom in play doesn't serve to enhance the experience.
So...just the whole bussing preference thing again, then.

I do think anonymous games would be fun and interesting, but I am honestly very tired of this same old discussion, and don't at all see how it connects to what we were talking about with activity levels.

So...just the whole bussing preference thing again, then.

I do think anonymous games would be fun and interesting, but I am honestly very tired of this same old discussion, and don't at all see how it connects to what we were talking about with activity levels.
I think it's kind of awful that I specifically gave an example of something that was not related to that particular discussion, that there's something more about the game and meta I'm trying to get at, and YOU seem to be throwing me attitude about the same old thing. I tried to move the discussion on, and you are the one dragging it back with your comment. Just pointing that out.

I don't think that's fair, it isn't what I said, and it isn't giving me the benefit of the doubt here when I clearly made another point and was not focusing on that one thing.

It's pretty maddening, because I was most definitely not trying to get into that discussion, which is why I made another different and very specific point with hypothetical quotes.

Before I get accused of not letting something go or whatever, I think it would be useful if people recognized what they are contributing to that situation themselves.

I think it's kind of awful that I specifically gave an example of something that was not related to that particular discussion, that there's something more about the game and meta I'm trying to get at, and YOU seem to be throwing me attitude about the same old thing. I tried to move the discussion on, and you are the one dragging it back with your comment. Just pointing that out.

I don't think that's fair, it isn't what I said, and it isn't giving me the benefit of the doubt here when I clearly made another point and was not focusing on that one thing.
If the phrase "to no longer lock-clearing people specifically based on meta" was not intended to refer to that discussion, then my apologies. I couldn't think of what else you could have been referring to there. I realize you made another point, but that one was still in there and was how I read it. Again, my apologies if you were talking about something else.

Like I said, I do think anonymous games would be fun. I don't think there's any practical way to keep people from using meta analysis as part of the game in regular games, though each player is free to not use it in their own analysis if they wish.

Reactions: 1 user
I know for a fact there are games where p meta talk is banned, just as there are games where no mod or sub meta is allowed either. But I've never played one, so I don't know exactly how that works.

Much like how we've generally not allowed looking at online activity in other threads to be discussed in game, for example, I imagine, it's like many things that effectively relies on the players to self police it, with the mods being able to come in and say "This convo is going into banned territory," or like, "hey, take that comment out it's not within the rules." And the warnings could happen in role PM or on thread. And players can also say "your argument is invalid because we're not using p meta so there's no way for me to know that or use it in my analysis.

I mean, no it isn't wiping away p meta like anonymous accounts or new accounts might, however it does make it somewhat less available to the whole class and it at least forces people to more focus their arguments on what's going on in the specific game they're in and less on others.

I know for a fact there are games where p meta talk is banned, just as there are games where no mod or sub meta is allowed either. But I've never played one, so I don't know exactly how that works.

Much like how we've generally not allowed looking at online activity in other threads to be discussed in game, for example, I imagine, it's like many things that effectively relies on the players to self police it, with the mods being able to come in and say "This convo is going into banned territory," or like, "hey, take that comment out it's not within the rules." And the warnings could happen in role PM or on thread. And players can also say "your argument is invalid because we're not using p meta so there's no way for me to know that or use it in my analysis.

I mean, no it isn't wiping away p meta like anonymous accounts or new accounts might, however it does make it somewhat less available to the whole class and it at least forces people to more focus their arguments on what's going on in the specific game they're in and less on others.
I haven't seen games where player meta talk is banned personally. Mod meta/sub meta discussion bans make sense because they have nothing to do with analysis of player behavior, and the latter is really to keep people from having discussions along the lines of "Well that player must be an important PR or a wolf because they were subbed out instead of modkilled". It's to prevent angleshooting.

Same thing with online status, it's to prevent the angleshooting that occurs when someone is online but not posting in the thread (with the assumption they're FROZEN and CRYING in wolf chat).

Meta reads are different. Players can and will play outside their normal meta dependent on game context, and you always have to take that into consideration if you're using a meta read. But like I said if players want to refrain from using player meta in their arguments (or ignore when other players use them) that's fine. I just don't so much see it as an appropriate thing to ban from a mod perspective in regular games, it would be the same as saying people can't use tone reads.

If the phrase "to no longer lock-clearing people specifically based on meta" was not intended to refer to that discussion, then my apologies. I couldn't think of what else you could have been referring to there. I realize you made another point, but that one was still in there and was how I read it. Again, my apologies if you were talking about something else.

Like I said, I do think anonymous games would be fun. I don't think there's any practical way to keep people from using meta analysis as part of the game in regular games, though each player is free to not use it in their own analysis if they wish.
An example of lock clearing based on meta was the so-called "dick wolf" game where someone claimed 2 people were mechanically clear because they would never allow Shorty to be killed N1 after just modding. I am trying to give examples of meta use and clearing outside the Forbidden Discussion in an attempt to be more fruitful about the topic of meta and degrees of freedom in play/deception.

You are not wrong that the topic of bussing does fall into the umbrella of what I am saying here, so I don't think your point is in bad faith, and I want to be honest that that is one issue for me, but I also want to be clear that I am also not arguing in bad faith either, and I truly mean there are other points where I am seeing clears based on meta, that I think I would like to see more degrees of freedom in the cases people can make on another player, and meta not be used for gamesolving in these other ways I am referring to. That I am actually trying to advance the discussion and topic to other issues that I see. This is about more than bussing in my view.

I think it just might be healthy not to rely on that sort of thing as much in analysis, I don't mean healthy as in, it makes it easier to clear villagers as villagers, I don't necessarily consider that site health if we think things are getting very village sided or too easy to solve. I mean, full affiliation seers and mass claims also make it easier to identify true villagers, and I think many of us agree that is not necessarily our preferred path to victory, that as a village we don't like how village sided that is. I will explain what I think might be "health" below.

I gave an example of which I was guilty as well, saying this game that AM is often town read even when wolf and hard to route out of town core.

The other example is like, when MJ comes to thread and it's said "oh he's so sketchy and a policy yeet."

Both of these examples, I feel, starts to establish a bias regarding those players within a single game, but not based on events of that game itself.

And especially when we have newer players who are not as familar with those players, we are perpetuating something by making these kinds of statements.

I see little harm in attempting to run a game that would seek to apply a pressure, to get us to exercise some different muscles, make different cases on each other and rely on different strategies, maybe some strategies that are more tied to the current thread and game. Just as an exercise. I would moderate such a game but sadly I am not sure I am in a position to do so. If someone else had a game design and could handle open/close (Fantasia time + baby being why it's hard for me) I could help moderate this other aspect.

I haven't seen games where player meta talk is banned personally. Mod meta/sub meta discussion bans make sense because they have nothing to do with analysis of player behavior, and the latter is really to keep people from having discussions along the lines of "Well that player must be an important PR or a wolf because they were subbed out instead of modkilled". It's to prevent angleshooting.

Same thing with online status, it's to prevent the angleshooting that occurs when someone is online but not posting in the thread (with the assumption they're FROZEN and CRYING in wolf chat).

Meta reads are different. Players can and will play outside their normal meta dependent on game context, and you always have to take that into consideration if you're using a meta read. But like I said if players want to refrain from using player meta in their arguments (or ignore when other players use them) that's fine. I just don't so much see it as an appropriate thing to ban from a mod perspective in regular games, it would be the same as saying people can't use tone reads.
Yeah I ran across a set up somewhere where it said even p meta was banned, and I just like, remember being so freaking shocked and traumatized by the idea, like, how da fuq would anyone even be able to play??????? So I know I didn't hallucinate it. But at the time I found the idea too horrifying so I didn't look into it any further.

But if you play with total randos on Among Us, you see that it's definitely possible although that game is distinctly very different as far as the mechanics and how the deduction and cases are made on people.

An example of lock clearing based on meta was the so-called "dick wolf" game where someone claimed 2 people were mechanically clear because they would never allow Shorty to be killed N1 after just modding. I am trying to give examples of meta use and clearing outside the Forbidden Discussion in an attempt to be more fruitful about the topic of meta and degrees of freedom in play/deception.

You are not wrong that the topic of bussing does fall into the umbrella of what I am saying here, so I don't think your point is in bad faith, and I want to be honest that that is one issue for me, but I also want to be clear that I am also not arguing in bad faith either, and I truly mean there are other points where I am seeing clears based on meta, that I think I would like to see more degrees of freedom in the cases people can make on another player, and meta not be used for gamesolving in these other ways I am referring to. That I am actually trying to advance the discussion and topic to other issues that I see. This is about more than bussing in my view.

I think it just might be healthy not to rely on that sort of thing as much in analysis, I don't mean healthy as in, it makes it easier to clear villagers as villagers, I don't necessarily consider that site health if we think things are getting very village sided or too easy to solve. I mean, full affiliation seers and mass claims also make it easier to identify true villagers, and I think many of us agree that is not necessarily our preferred path to victory, that as a village we don't like how village sided that is. I will explain what I think might be "health" below.

I gave an example of which I was guilty as well, saying this game that AM is often town read even when wolf and hard to route out of town core.

The other example is like, when MJ comes to thread and it's said "oh he's so sketchy and a policy yeet."

Both of these examples, I feel, starts to establish a bias regarding those players within a single game, but not based on events of that game itself.

And especially when we have newer players who are not as familar with those players, we are perpetuating something by making these kinds of statements.

I see little harm in attempting to run a game that would seek to apply a pressure, to get us to exercise some different muscles, make different cases on each other and rely on different strategies, maybe some strategies that are more tied to the current thread and game. Just as an exercise. I would moderate such a game but sadly I am not sure I am in a position to do so. If someone else had a game design and could handle open/close (Fantasia time + baby being why it's hard for me) I could help moderate this other aspect.
I don't wholly disagree on some of it.

Like, things like policy yeets and such, like in MJ's case, I don't agree with those and never have. Though I will admit I get spooked if certain people are alive late-game without catching a wolf, I don't think it's necessarily a healthy game approach, and I try to ignore those spooky feelings. For myself, I try not to bring up anymore who I would or would not kill early, even if I think it might help me, because I know in certain situations I'll act outside of that preference...or game events will occur that lead to it being technically correct but also misleading (ahem...Baby Animals and Shots...)

But that's not the only time meta reads come into play. If I'm familiar with someone then sometimes part of my read on them comes in how they are interacting with me, and if that feels different from how we usually interact under similar game circumstances. That is still a meta read, but I don't think it is an unhealthy one, and I don't think it is something worth banning. It's something that can be used as part of that arsenal of deception too, if you are aware enough of your own behavior. I think, from the mod perspective, it is also going to be incredibly difficult to police those kinds of reads, because they just happen naturally, and they're going to happen in people's brains anyway.

So it's like, you'd have to say, I'm banning this and this type of meta read, but not this other type, and also those reads are happening in people's heads anyway, even the ones you really don't want to happen. You can't ban people from thinking "oh this person is clear because they did x" even if they don't say it. Which is why I think it kind of has to be something each player chooses to do for themselves, rather than a top-down approach from a mod. With the exception of course being an anonymous setup where those kinds of reads are impossible.

@potentialsheltervet did you want the post restriction because you genuinely thought you would enjoy it or was it so it help you avoid scrutiny for a day?

@potentialsheltervet did you want the post restriction because you genuinely thought you would enjoy it or was it so it help you avoid scrutiny for a day?
yeah I was wondering this too, it made me think of when April intentionally post restricted herself as a wolf so she'd have a day off from faking game solving.

• Care
I want a Meme post restrictor the next game, tyvm

• Love
  • Care
I don't wholly disagree on some of it.

Like, things like policy yeets and such, like in MJ's case, I don't agree with those and never have. Though I will admit I get spooked if certain people are alive late-game without catching a wolf, I don't think it's necessarily a healthy game approach, and I try to ignore those spooky feelings. For myself, I try not to bring up anymore who I would or would not kill early, even if I think it might help me, because I know in certain situations I'll act outside of that preference...or game events will occur that lead to it being technically correct but also misleading (ahem...Baby Animals and Shots...)

But that's not the only time meta reads come into play. If I'm familiar with someone then sometimes part of my read on them comes in how they are interacting with me, and if that feels different from how we usually interact under similar game circumstances. That is still a meta read, but I don't think it is an unhealthy one, and I don't think it is something worth banning. It's something that can be used as part of that arsenal of deception too, if you are aware enough of your own behavior. I think, from the mod perspective, it is also going to be incredibly difficult to police those kinds of reads, because they just happen naturally, and they're going to happen in people's brains anyway.

So it's like, you'd have to say, I'm banning this and this type of meta read, but not this other type, and also those reads are happening in people's heads anyway, even the ones you really don't want to happen. You can't ban people from thinking "oh this person is clear because they did x" even if they don't say it. Which is why I think it kind of has to be something each player chooses to do for themselves, rather than a top-down approach from a mod. With the exception of course being an anonymous setup where those kinds of reads are impossible.
These are good points.

I'm not actually proposing banning the kind of meta read that goes on in someone's head, as I see that as 1) impossible and 2) maybe not really super necessary to tone down the meta effect for a single game.

I think if you are aware of someone's meta, more power to you. I think where degrees of freedom are lost, is that talking about it openly on thread makes that information available to everyone, even people without the meta read themselves. And l think it would be a good exercise for people who are using the meta read, to be challenged to try to make their case and support it without referencing past meta or past games, but I admit that would still be difficult.

Good evening.

I watched your game. I saw everything. It was entertaining, and you can be proud of your efforts win or lose.

You know me not, but rest assured... now I know you.

:oops:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Because it would be fun! The avoiding scrutiny was just a bonus.
It was fun, thank you!!
Good evening.

I watched your game. I saw everything. It was entertaining, and you can be proud of your efforts win or lose.

Woah. Come play with us, you have the energy down!

• Love
@SportPonies I'm trying the chai latte tonight!
Also, you still using your Okami avatar hits me in my delicate, slightly drugged feelings.

• Care
I was thinking too, if we had new accounts here or elsewhere (and the thing about alt accts on SDN, sometimes they allow it, like when someone wants anonymous advice, but for our purposes I think we would be wise to ask if we would be allowed, and who knows? I don't know how annoying SDN finds our WWing and our needs related to it), that for example, it would probably help to ban talk that is aimed at trying to figure out who the poster is on SDN.

But like, that wouldn't stop people from privately in their head coming to conclusions and that influencing things.

But the reality that no one can deny, is that any read, whether it's meta or a guess at identity, has very limited utility if you are not able to use it to influence others players with it, even if the only attempt at influencing is posting it. This is why attorneys will sometimes say or do something in front of a jury that they know will be struck down - damage/influence already done. Which was why in the Rittenhouse case the prosecution got seriously chewed out even though the judge instructed the jury to disregard some things, but I digress.

People do absolutely throw conniption fits though when people say stuff like, "No, I'm not going to clear someone of being scum because of blank meta-based reason." So that's my main issue with saying, well, what does it matter if some people use meta and others choose not to. Because the people who don't can feel really attacked over it.

I meant to say earlier Dubz, that I do find it less obnoxious when you refer to your p meta most times, because you'll say like "I wouldn't have made that action" but typically that's as far as your argument goes. It doesn't become this thing where you're not only claiming it as an absolute, but like, threatening to vote someone because they maintain their skepticism over it. And you're generally not quoting 500 games that happened to try to drive the point home.

I personally just get annoyed at the shut down of skepticism over things, or like what feels like trying to bully others to using meta when they don't want to or don't agree.

No one is entitled to being believed they are telling the truth in WW, even when village, if you haven't been mod cleared or some such. One, wolves are never obligated to recognize you are being truthful. Two, fellow villagers are entitled to their skepticism. So it shouldn't be surprising that some people will stubbornly maintain they don't believe you 100% about anything you say. Just the way of things.

@SportPonies I'm trying the chai latte tonight!
Also, you still using your Okami avatar hits me in my delicate, slightly drugged feelings.
IT'S GOOD
It tastes like a chai latte I used to get at a coffee shop that closed here
speechy tried it and was like yes, we should buy this from now on
I'm gonna ice it next time :heckyeah:

• Love
I'm more than happy to run an anonymous game on MU if that's what people want, but I'm not going to stop using meta. Ever.

I feel it's a reward I earned for playing here this long and dedicating time to get to know everyone better. Sometimes that is even the difference between me winning and losing a game.

I'm more than happy to run an anonymous game on MU if that's what people want, but I'm not going to stop using meta. Ever.

I feel it's a reward I earned for playing here this long and dedicating time to get to know everyone better. Sometimes that is even the difference between me winning and losing a game.
AnonyMOUSE

• Love
Good evening.

Lol no lie, I seriously wondered initially if this was MJ making a second acct or something