Matrix Mafia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mods: @Animal Midwife, @kaydubs, and @supershorty
SOD/EOD: 10 AM/PM EDT
Cycle Length: 36/12
Yeeting: Majority starts Day 2. It will activate 12 hours into every cycle. Ties are resolved with one candidate dying by RNG. No Yeet is allowed.
Killing: Mandatory for mafia.
Posting: Thread is locked at Night.
YoLo: Yeets are locked and cannot be changed for any reason.
Minimum: 40 posts per Day. Naked yeets don't count.
Maximum: 125 posts per Day. Will be lifted 1 hour before EOD.

Matrix Mayhem
A
B
C
D
E
Town 3x Tracker
Mafia 2x Tracker
Town Motion Detector
Town Odd Night Doctor
Mafia Blocker
Mafia 2x Watcher
Town 3x Tracker
Town Inventor
Mafia Blocker
Town Odd Night Doctor
Town JOAT
Mafia Blocker
Town Even Night Jailkeeper
Town Motion Detector
Mafia Odd Night Role Cop
Mafia Blocker
Town Inventor
Mafia Goon
Town 3x Blocker
Town Even Night Jailkeeper
Town Odd Night Doctor
Town 3x Blocker
Mafia Blocker
Mafia Goon
Town JOAT

One row or column is randomly selected then rounded out with 9 Vanilla Townies and a Mafia Goon.

Town Inventor has 1x Track and 1x Block.
Town JOAT has 1x Track, 1x Doctor, and 1x Block.

The following roles are non-consecutive (cannot target the same player two Nights in a row): Town 3x Blocker, Town Inventor, and Mafia Blocker.

The following roles are disabled in endgame (deactivated when only one Mafia is alive): Town 3x Blocker and Town 3x Tracker.

Mafia flips will only reveal the affiliation of the Mafia player, whereas Town flips will reveal the full role of the Town player.
Blocker: Prevents the target from using their actions.
Doctor: Protects the target from kills.
Inventor: Gives the target an ability to use on a future Night.
Jailkeeper: Protects the target from kills and prevents them from using their actions.
Motion Detector: Sees if the target has visited someone or if the target has been visited by someone.
Role Cop: Sees what ability the target has.
Tracker: Sees who the target visited.
Watcher: Sees who visited the target.
Self-targeting is not allowed.
If an X-shot ability is blocked or jailed while being used, the shot is lost forever.
If blocking and jailing abilities target each other, the block will go through whereas the jail will not.

Rules
1. No editing for any reason. Bold or ##sharp sign## (or ♭ ♭ flat sign ♭ ♭ to trigger me) your votes. e.g. Yeet AM
2. No quoting, copypasting, or otherwise duplicating mod messages from role PMs. Use paraphrasing.
3. No screenshots.
4. No asking for subs on thread. Use your role PM instead.
5. Dead cannot post in game thread.
6. Spectators cannot post in game thread.

Roster
1. @Clem J
2. @Santygrass
3. @mkg323
4. @potentialsheltervet
5. @moonstermash
6. @samac
7. @holdthemayo
8. @Zenge142
9. @genny
10. @WildZoo
11. @Stagg737
12. @ShinichiMD
13. @Gikkle
14. @Achromatic
15. @Spacecamp

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
FIRST!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, pre-vet pals old and new! I'm excited about all the important education we're going to discuss. :1geek:

• Haha
  • Care
Hello, pre-vet pals old and new! I'm excited about all the important education we're going to discuss. :1geek:
(I was skimming old champs threads, and I believe Zenge's had the iconic copypasta. :wacky:)

• Love
Aight, I already said all the thoughts that were in my head. Back to work we go.

Good talk good talk

• Haha
Santy is town.

I will update with further reads when they come to me.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Have we played before together? Im not sure bit Im asking just in case
Um, I wanna say we did? Maybe last year's Champs practice here, or another game? I can't remember off hand.

(I've played Kirby Mafia, NeWW Girl, and dwungeons and dwagons here, if those ring any bells. Suppose it's also possible we've played on MU; pretty sure I've specced you there, at least?)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FWIW I'm also missing the Magikarp pfp :)

• Care
Hmm, if not just NAI, my impression of Santy is lean scum. Please elaborate?
Santy as scum would do more than they did before working. I will trust this read for today and work with him to murder a scum.

• Hmm
I like the background color of the A. I will grow tired of it soon I am sure.

• Haha
  • Care
Um, I wanna say we did? Maybe last year's Champs practice here, or another game? I can't remember off hand.

(I've played Kirby Mafia, NeWW Girl, and dwungeons and dwagons here, if those ring any bells. Suppose it's also possible we've played on MU; pretty sure I've specced you there, at least?)

Yeah I think your name was on the back on my mind from maybe seeing you as a spec or something. I didnt play any of these games here but we could've played on MU for sure a mash or my brain has skill issue.

Needing to check if you did a snapread from an unknown or at least you had some sort of vibe from me

Santy as scum would do more than they did before working. I will trust this read for today and work with him to murder a scum.
Nah these are my workhours. How much Inpost until later today depends mostly on how much I procastinate work :^)

• Wow
I just think I know the color of santy's soul. Don't mind me.

• Wow
  • Hmm
No Yeet is allowed.
Not to be THAT guy about grammar, but I believe the grammatically correct way to say this is "no yeets are allowed."

Which is gonna make it pretty hard to win but it's your game ig

• Haha
  • Hmm
Is this a Meta thing for santy? Because if anything the slot should currently just be null.
IDK about Achro, but mine isn't. I just felt like it was an overly explained excuse to immediately leave the thread. His next couple posts trend a little better, though (didn't actually leave thread, mildly pushed back on a townread of him), so I'd agree null is accurate at the moment.

Why are you trying to kill me
It's good practice for champs, which may really kill some of us, LOL. :dead:

FWIW, I'm aiming for 2 posts an hour over 20 hours, partly to guarantee postmin, and party to try for a better mafia/life balance. (Achro and I were in a mash in March where I 100-posted multiple times over 12 hours, but, uh, that wasn't exactly the most healthy experience for me...)

• Care
I forgot about timezones and thought day was supposed to start 5 minutes ago lol

IDK about Achro, but mine isn't. I just felt like it was an overly explained excuse to immediately leave the thread. His next couple posts trend a little better, though (didn't actually leave thread, mildly pushed back on a townread of him), so I'd agree null is accurate at the moment.
This post immediately gives me bad vibes

• Care
How does one go about voting on this site

Checking in to say I have read nothing.

• Haha
  • Care
Oh, this site has reactions.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I forgot about timezones and thought day was supposed to start 5 minutes ago lol

This post immediately gives me bad vibes
Bad vibes? Why?

Also, I think votes are just bolded, like so:

Vote supershorty

• Care
  • Wow
  • Angry
It's good practice for champs, which may really kill some of us, LOL. :dead:

FWIW, I'm aiming for 2 posts an hour over 20 hours, partly to guarantee postmin, and party to try for a better mafia/life balance. (Achro and I were in a mash in March where I 100-posted multiple times over 12 hours, but, uh, that wasn't exactly the most healthy experience for me...)
That is such a healthy post goal
But you could be like me and have spurts where you hyper focus and then forget about it for hours

• Hmm