Mafia Championships Season 8 - Nominations Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dyachei

vet robot pirate zombie
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We've been invited once again to participate in the Mafia Championships on MU.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 320+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

We MUST choose a nominee by May 7th if we're participating this year. We will ALSO need a backup or alternate in case life happens.

What's it like being a representative?
  • There are a LOT of posts to read. Typically in these games it will be 500-600 posts per 24 hours.
  • You must be able to make at least 10 posts a day. They can be split up or all at once, but if you decide to participate, you have to actually participate.
This year's tournament
  • There will be roughly 150 communities participating
  • There will be 10 qualifying games of 15 players each. Each representative will be placed in one of these games
  • There will be some players that advance from their qualifying games and the other 25 will be chosen by a jury that is made up of players from last year's finale (including yours truly). These players will play in 3 semi-final games
  • The finale will be played with players advancing from the semi-finals. At the end, voting will determine the season 8 champion
Setup
  • 2x Mafia Goons
  • 1x Mafia Roleblocker
  • 1x Town Motion Detector
  • 1x 1-Shot Town Vigilante (n2+)
  • 1x Town Doctor
  • 9x Vanilla Townie
Mechanics
  • Day start.
  • Majority elimination is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point for the elimination.
  • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
  • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
  • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
  • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
  • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
  • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Motion Detector action.)
  • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia factional kill is mandatory.
  • Mafia may communicate at any time.
  • Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
  • The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).
The start date for qualifying games will be mid-May to June. Semi-final games are expected to be in July/August and the Finale will be in August/September

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
PlayerNominationSecond
Barkley13Animal MidwifeLawpy
DinashadowLawpyWonderingStudent
Animal MidwifeCrayola227BigCats
Crayola227BigCatskaydubs
PippyPonyWonderingStudentholdthemayo
samacholdthemayoalissa14
WildZoosupershortyBarkley13
gennykaydubssupershorty
Zenge142WildZooAnimal Midwife
AprilthearabDinashadowsamac
LawpygennyWildZoo

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I nominate @Barkley13.

edit: switched around my posts so nom tally is easier to find

Also @Lawpy, do you think you can do your mass ping things so people know this is up?

As usual I will recuse myself from the SDN nomination process because of my extensive tie-ins with other competing communities
but thnx for the tag Lawp

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Once we have a list of players that have been nominated and seconded, then what? Because we might end up with several
We move onto the voting stage. The top two with the most votes with be our representative and backup, respectively.

I will add on to AM and Dina!!

Reactions: 1 user
I second samac!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still thinking about whether I want to accept my nomination. I have to check to see when my vacation is happening, but I do appreciate it

Also I want to nominate @Aprilthearab

• Love
Reactions: 2 users