Mafia Championships Season 8 - Nominations Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still thinking about whether I want to accept my nomination. I have to check to see when my vacation is happening, but I do appreciate it

Also I want to nominate @Aprilthearab
She’ll just die day 1

Just kidding, seconded for April!
Wait, what :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Wait, what :rofl:
Clarification - I understand what's happening, I just didn't expect to be nominated lol

I'll accept the nomination with the understanding that I have a lotttt to learn about mafia as proven by FTF's game and y'all will probably want to vote someone who actually grasps mechanics :D

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Clarification - I understand what's happening, I just didn't expect to be nominated lol

I'll accept the nomination with the understanding that I have a lotttt to learn about mafia as proven by FTF's game and y'all will probably want to vote someone who actually grasps mechanics :D
If you look at the first post, the tournament setup is much more standard. Even more so then our “basics” games.

Reactions: 2 users
who really wants to go? I nominate @genny unless she hated it last year
Thanks for seconding my nom.

I would in fact really like to go. With the night thread locking and a baby hopefully on the way soon, it's probably the one time I go over to MU and play. I hydra'd with AM one game but pretty sure I got overwhelmed and possibly died early?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I second April! (if no one has yet lol my reading comprehension is poor today)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
PlayerNominationSecond
Barkley13Animal MidwifeLawpy
DinashadowLawpyWonderingStudent
Animal MidwifeCrayola227BigCats
Crayola227BigCatskaydubs
PippyPonyWonderingStudentholdthemayo
samacholdthemayoalissa14
WildZoosupershortyBarkley13
gennykaydubssupershorty
Zenge142WildZooAnimal Midwife
AprilthearabDinashadowsamac
LawpygennyWildZoo
@Barkley13
@Dinashadow
@PippyPony
@Zenge142
@Lawpy
Y'all need to make up your minds - are you in or out?

This seems kinda mean
It’s not related to his play, it’s related to the fact he’s trying to “sub” as champion. That’s just not a thing. The 2nd place is the alternate for if the champion becomes unavailable. He’s basically declining it but just saying he’ll tot/sub only. If it’s not commiting to be the champion he’s not really accepting the nomination.

I'll accept but I got voted alternate one year already, and I really do think we should send someone other than me. My reads aren't good enough on average, especially in comparison to some people currently in the nomination list. Plus I think this might be happening right around the time I start my job.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Actually I'm changing my mind. Like genny, I'm honored, but am declining this year due to the timing and the desire to have other people represent :)

• Care
So I'm it looks like I'm going to be on vacation from the end of May into June so I think I'll have to turn down my nomination just because of timing. Thank you guys so much though.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Every year I forget how voting works, are we doing elimination rounds, or a first and second choice option, or just straight plurality?
Just straight plurality like WW intended. ;)

In the more specific details, it's the top 5 ranking system to reduce the potential of ties.

Candidates
  • Animal Midwife
  • Aprilthearab
  • Crayola227
  • Lawpy
  • samac
  • WildZoo
Ballots should have up to 5 different ranked names from strongest preference to weakest preference; point weights are 5-4-3-2-1. Candidates may not vote for themselves.

Feel free to discuss this in the thread as much as you would like. All ballots must be PMed to @dyachei by Tuesday, May 4, 11:59:59 PM EDT.

Last edited:
The numbers are intrinsically connected. Nature is full of patterns and math.
That’s true. There’s statistics to prove it. Like one time my uncle had a bag of popcorn. 1500 miles away in Seattle, some guy got into a traffic accident. Life’s full of little mysteries and coincidences like that.

• Hmm
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
The numbers are intrinsically connected. Nature is full of patterns and math.
This is true, but it doesn't mean that every number is connected to every other number, and I don't see any evidence thus far that the number of votes affects the amount of time left for voting.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
That’s true. There’s statistics to prove it. Like one time my uncle had a bag of popcorn. 1500 miles away in Seattle, some guy got into a traffic accident. Life’s full of little mysteries and coincidences like that.
The use of "like" right after the bolded sentence makes it sound like your example is a statistic lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This is true, but it doesn't mean that every number is connected to every other number, and I don't see any evidence thus far that the number of votes affects the amount of time left for voting.
Well, that's because you're not looking at this through pro-village lens. Just look at the amount of red!

• Wow
  • Hmm
  • Haha
Well, that's because you're not looking at this through pro-village lens. Just look at the amount of red!
It's pro-village red, similar to the British red that Pippy used when she said I was mod-for-the-day in England.

• Wow
It's pro-village red, similar to the British red that Pippy used when she said I was mod-for-the-day in England.
Well, despite being heavily inspired by England, the US still has some cultural differences that have drastically changed words meanings when applied to specific contexts.

• Hmm
  • Haha
Ashton Kutcher has thoughts on this

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users