Madagascar Part TWWo - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I should have split my posts up more, I really wanted to hit post cap

Members don't see this ad.

GIF by South Park

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Day 3

"Kowalski! Progress report."

Before beginning, Kowalski looked all around him, waiting to see if anyone was going to butt in on his report today. He squinted, and thought he heard the ghost of some oCtAvEs, but all seemed safe and quiet for now.

"Sir! We've made significant breakthroughs in solving the case today. I believe we have identified what happened to Johnson and Manfredi, despite our struggles to initially identify them."

Kowalski trailed off as he noticed a commotion occurring among the animals. Accusations of poo-flinging from a species he'd not seen on the island ... originating from someone known for flinging his own poo. Irony? Projection? Or just a sick joke? He contemplated this while looking at the primates deep in debate. One, pretending to be British and cultured when all he wanted to do was faff about; one signing furiously about poo as mentioned, and the third much smaller than the other two.

"Something's off about you, Maurice," said Mason. "Something is just a little bloody off."

"Mason, please. You know me well! You've always believed you could see into my soul - well look, I've got the blinds up and everything! Peer right in there! Where's the soul read?"

Privately, Maurice thought to himself that this felt like famous last words, but he continued to project the confidence a lemur as curious and unusual as an aye-aye must to own their unique look.

"Respectfully, this is some eloquent bull****," opined Phil.
"Respectfully, no one asked you," Maurice shot back, writing down the eloquent bull**** line to use later.

Mason sighed. He felt so conflicted. He was certain that between Maurice and Phil, someone was untrustworthy. But he could make an argument for either one of them. And the murders ... why would either of them kill Gloria? What did it all mean?

Mort piped up, surprising everyone, who had forgotten he was there. Heck, he'd even forgotten he was there once or twice. "I think it's him," he said, pointing at Maurice.

Melman shook his head. "No, I really think it's Phil. You know, chimpanzees aren't even native to Madagascar. He could have brought diseases with him. We really should quarantine. I practically have 3 hooves in the grave already!"

Mason paced back and forth, looking from Maurice to Phil. "All right. Phil, why did you kill Gloria?"

"I didn't, because I am not a murderer," responded Phil calmly.

"Hm. Maurice, why did you kill Gloria?"

"Well, clearly Phil killed Gloria to frame me. Why would I kill the only other person on the Marty vote that first day and put all that attention on me? That would be insane. You know I wouldn't do that." Maurice maintained his calm demeanor throughout his impassioned explanation.

Mason squinted. "That isn't what I asked you, Maurice."

"I can't tell you why I killed Gloria because I didn't." Maurice folded his arms defiantly.

"He diiiiiiid," called Phil, calmly eating a banana and contemplating how it really wouldn't be so bad if he died.

Mason couldn't shake the feeling that something just wasn't quite right about Maurice. And he started to notice some physical things that, while not Maurice's fault, were intensely triggering to him. Maurice claimed he was an aye-aye, but where was that distinctive third finger? Was he ... an imposter?

"Maurice," Mason said. Maurice didn't answer, just stared at him with sad, soft puppy eyes 🥺 . Mason's insides twisted painfully.

"Maurice." He said sharply. "I just don't understand. Why Gloria? I can understand Alex, but ... Gloria???"

Maurice continued to stare Mason down, hoping he'd win him over with the imploring look in his eyes. But it became clear to him that Mason wasn't going to budge.

"The choices just don't make sense," Mason said to himself, still deep in thought.

"You're right, Mason, they don't, because I didn't make them." Maurice stared at Phil. "Extremely well done, Phil. My congratulations."

But even that didn't move Mason. And Maurice finally decided that if they wanted to wrongly believe it was him, that was fine. They could recover tomorrow. He believed in them.

Penguins Of Madagascar Maurice GIF - Penguins Of Madagascar Maurice Might  As Well Sit Down - Discover & Share GIFs

"SIR! We found the bodies of Manfredi and Johnson!"

Skipper hurried toward where Kowalski and Rico were standing. Indeed, their fallen comrades were with them. It looked as though their eyes had been gouged out. As if by long claws. Skipper was relieved that they could now be properly laid to rest with a 21 wing salute.

Maurice turned to the group. Steadily, his gaze moved over each of the animals - Phil, Mort, Melman... and then lingered on Mason. "The choices were unusual, weren't they? Some even said ... suboptimal. Well, to that I say

BE THE UNEXPECTED.

spanish time GIF

You think you know so much about me, Mason? Do you? Well to be faaaaaaaair, you do know quite a bit. But did you know my real name? Oh no, it isn't Maurice. I just told you that so we could bond over being mutual M-names."

Maurice laughed, and it was amazing how menacing it sounded from such a small creature.

"They called me Bricky as a child. And I used that as my inspiration. Although I couldn't find any bricks, so I had to improvise. But just pretend that I did, at least give me that. I bludgeoned Gloria to death. I was going to brick Alex into his den, but I heard someone had done that already, so then I had to resort to other measures.."

"You all think you're safe ... but I'll have my revenge. Oh yes. You'll see. You'll be sorry."

Mason and Phil each took one of Maurice's arms. With a meaningful look at each other over his head, they swung back and forth once, twice, and then flung him into the ocean. Privately, Mason was concerned about whether the little lemur would survive the swim to Mozambique, but he couldn't help but feel like his thick, wet tail reminded him of a mermaid ...

Dead is...
AliveSardonicBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

@SARdoghandler, Maurice and a...
mafia goon

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
As always, thank you to everyone for playing and to the magical modsquad I got to run this with! Y'all were troopers and survived a 48/24 ;) and I really appreciate @SARdoghandler keeping it up even when things were looking pretty bleak! @kaydubs and @Animal Midwife, you both are the best and I love you dearly :biglove::biglove::biglove:

Now everyone go recruit people for the noob game!!

• Love
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Whew. Thanks for the game mod gods, loved the writeups. And enjoyed the chillness even though things were painfully quiet at times :laugh: didn't notice as much as I thought I would since I was busy.

Well played wolfies:biglove:
Now please please explain the genny kill, it's killing me.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Whew. Thanks for the game mod gods, loved the writeups. And enjoyed the chillness even though things were painfully quiet at times :laugh: didn't notice as much as I thought I would since I was busy.

I have permission to share wolf chat quotes:
Me when everyone is going to ask why I killed genny

Will Forte Fml GIF by The Lonely Island

• Haha

It was me, lone wolfing, panicking, pretty sure the game was unwinnable, and thinking what would cause the most WIFOM

Though I appreciate you thinking I had enough coherence to actually cop hunt cause I sure wasn't lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
It was me, lone wolfing, panicking, pretty sure the game was unwinnable, and thinking what would cause the most WIFOM

Though I appreciate you thinking I had enough coherence to actually cop hunt cause I sure wasn't lol
Hehe I did this once. Killed Zenge N2 when he'd been vocally defending me that day.
...it worked.

• Angry
Hehe I did this once. Killed Zenge N2 when he'd been vocally defending me that day.
...it worked.
This was more the work of Cray interactions + PM pocketing tbh. Wifom death added slightly to it but overall they rarely work from my experience

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
This was more the work of Cray interactions + PM pocketing tbh. Wifom death added slightly to it but overall they rarely work from my experience
Oh yes, Cray's distancing and pocketing Trilt helped, but it seemed killing Zenge was enough to steer the ship away from me for a bit. A collective effect, perhaps.