Edward Via COM - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I will be interviewing Jan 4th. Does anyone know about how many seats have been filled?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I will be interviewing Jan 4th. Does anyone know about how many seats have been filled?

I heard through a reliable source that they are around 45% filled. A good amount of seats are still available! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received. I submitted my app yesterday. Does everybody get one?

Not everyone will receive a secondary. VCOM screens prior to sending them out. They must really like something on your app for you to get one so fast. I know there are people here who have been waiting for months for a secondary.

Hmm. I had a 3.15cGPA and received a secondary in October (very close to 2/3 campuses). I guess it's up to the programs disgression.

Yeah I guess so. I was just stating what they say on their website but I m sure they also look for a good fit as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah because I didn't have a 3.2 either. But either way I'm happy about it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
My science GPA isn't 3.2 either lol, they counted my nursing classes as sciences. My post bacc science GPA is 3.66 so idk what they are looking at. I guess I was just asking because I submitted on a Thursday afternoon and got the secondary Friday morning so I was wondering if they actually screened

Reactions: 1 users
My science GPA isn't 3.2 either lol, they counted my nursing classes as sciences. My post bacc science GPA is 3.66 so idk what they are looking at. I guess I was just asking because I submitted on a Thursday afternoon and got the secondary Friday morning so I was wondering if they actually screened

The screening process is pretty rudemantary, as long as your application doesn't trigger any red flags you get a secondary.

Well I have an exceptionally low MCAT but I'm also pending a retake. So maybe that's why?

I've been complete since 11/10 without a decision yet. Has anyone received any II's recently, or is it looking like they will resume invites in January?

Well I have an exceptionally low MCAT but I'm also pending a retake. So maybe that's why?

Re
Any medical schools are going to send out secondaries to anyone who they remotely believe will send them in, they want that application fee. If you feel you have a competitive application, send it in. Conversely, if you are below the minimal stats and have a weaker app, I might think twice about spending the money on secondaries until you improve your application. Just my opinion.

I've been complete since 11/10 without a decision yet. Has anyone received any II's recently, or is it looking like they will resume invites in January?
Call them or email after January 2 to check up on your application.

Hey guys, got my acceptance call on 12/20. I didn't receive any kind of acceptance email though. Is that the same situation for others that were accepted? I know from others that they mail out forms. Just want to make sure I don't miss any deadlines. Best of luck to those still waiting!

Hey guys, got my acceptance call on 12/20. I didn't receive any kind of acceptance email though. Is that the same situation for others that were accepted? I know from others that they mail out forms. Just want to make sure I don't miss any deadlines. Best of luck to those still waiting!

Don't worry too much about deadlines, except for your deposit, they are pretty flexible if you keep them updated.

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted thus far.

Does VCOM only offer you one interview? Or are you able to receive 3 interviews from all three programs within one cycle?

Does anyone know the last dates available for interviews? Is it still relatively early in the cycle? I haven't been offered an interview yet (fingers crossed!), but I'm trying to plan whether a master's program will be necessary. I submitted my secondary very early in September.

Last question: I am retaking my MCAT in less than two weeks. My original score was a 501 and I am expecting it to increase on this test retake. Will VCOM consider this new score when viewing my application?

Oh and quick add: Of the three programs, Auburn is my top choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted thus far.

Does VCOM only offer you one interview? Or are you able to receive 3 interviews from all three programs within one cycle?

Does anyone know the last dates available for interviews? Is it still relatively early in the cycle? I haven't been offered an interview yet (fingers crossed!), but I'm trying to plan whether a master's program will be necessary. I submitted my secondary very early in September.

Last question: I am retaking my MCAT in less than two weeks. My original score was a 501 and I am expecting it to increase on this test retake. Will VCOM consider this new score when viewing my application?

Oh and quick add: Of the three programs, Auburn is my top choice.

VCOM only offers one interview. They look at your ranking based on your secondary application, and they try to give you interview on that specific campus. So if you were to interview at Auburn and accepted at Auburn, you can only attend Auburn.

I don't know the latest dates, but from last year's thread the interviews went on until March.

And VCOM will look at your new score when they review your application. Since you are pending a retake, I think that's why they haven't made a decision on your application. In my opinion, a 501 is good enough to get you an interview at VCOM, but I think they will wait to see what you get on the retake.

I hope I answered your questions.

Am I in trouble if I said I didn't have a preference for a specific campus? Stats: cGPA: 3.71, sGPA: 3.6, (no grade replacement) MCAT: 499

Am I in trouble if I said I didn't have a preference for a specific campus? Stats: cGPA: 3.71, sGPA: 3.6, (no grade replacement) MCAT: 499

I think you are fine.

VCOM only offers one interview. They look at your ranking based on your secondary application, and they try to give you interview on that specific campus. So if you were to interview at Auburn and accepted at Auburn, you can only attend Auburn.

I don't know the latest dates, but from last year's thread the interviews went on until March.

And VCOM will look at your new score when they review your application. Since you are pending a retake, I think that's why they haven't made a decision on your application. In my opinion, a 501 is good enough to get you an interview at VCOM, but I think they will wait to see what you get on the retake.

I hope I answered your questions.

Thank you so much! I think a contributing factor is my cGPA: 3.4 sGPA: 3.2. I figured they might be waiting on my pending score. I have also yet to receive a "complete email" and it has been 4+ months, but I think the pending score is also, once again, a factor. Thank you for the help.

Thank you so much! I think a contributing factor is my cGPA: 3.4 sGPA: 3.2. I figured they might be waiting on my pending score. I have also yet to receive a "complete email" and it has been 4+ months, but I think the pending score is also, once again, a factor. Thank you for the help.

No problem. I think the school really looks at how good of a fit are you, so if you show that in your secondary, they will consider you regardless of your stats.

Also for the complete email, I had to wait for about 4 months too. I would call them and ask them just to make sure it is because of the pending MCAT. My application was complete for a while, they just hadn't marked it complete.

For those who have not got a II yet would you guys recommend an email expressing continued interest to admission?

What has the turn around time been like after interview here. It seems pretty short, so when should someone be worried?

Got a complete email today. Submitted primary app 12/15. Secondary Invite sent 12/16. Secondary submitted 1/12. I am also pending an MCAT retake on 1/28.

Last edited:
Got a complete email today. Submitted primary app 12/15. Secondary Invite sent 12/16. Secondary submitted 1/12. I am also pending an MCAT retake on 1/28.

Well damn. I submitted in October and was told my app was still "in line for completion" three weeks ago.

I smell some BS from VCOM

I don't know what any of that means. But I do know I'm really interested in this school.

No, I got what you said, lol I'm saying I don't know why mine was so quick lol

No it doesn't confirm anything! I could also get a quick rejection too lol

Declined my II from here on friday. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys.

Reactions: 2 users
II on Friday as well. Complete end of August. Interview this Wednesday. Spoke with director of admissions and long story short they are starting their waitlist and there is a good chance it will be for a waitlist spot... but hard to say bc they save seats for their graduate program. They had interview dates opened until end of feb.

They only interview 300 people right? I wonder how many more will they extend?