2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is great. I have been waiting along time. I guess I should just chalk this up to a rejection. Congrats to you!!!
Like jandersonium said, it's not over till it's over. I am in the same boat as you, it'll be two months since my interview this Monday. Would I love to hear from them today? Sure, but we just have to play the cards we are dealt!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I'm assuming no more calls are going out today. Here's to another month :cool:

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my primary a month ago and still have no secondary? Is this normal or should I contact them?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my primary a month ago and still have no secondary? Is this normal or should I contact them?
+1; sent primary in June and still no secondary for me; called and emailed school and still no response. I don't know why its been silence for me

Interviewed in October and never heard back. They said 2-3 weeks. Does this mean I'm rejected?

Interviewed in October and never heard back. They said 2-3 weeks. Does this mean I'm rejected?
I interviewed in September and also have not heard back. I e-mailed them and they said no decision was made for me yet and I should hear back by the end of January. It kind of sucks that I'll probably have to wait this month AND most of next month before I hear anything, but I guess those are the cards I was dealt.

Anybody else hear back that interviewed in September or October? I am still waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was completed on 11/03. How long should I expect to wait for a R or II?

Hey, does anyone know with the tuition deposit, does the mailed check have to be received by them by Dec. 14th, or just postmarked by the 14th?

Hey, does anyone know with the tuition deposit, does the mailed check have to be received by them by Dec. 14th, or just postmarked by the 14th?
I heard it was received by the 14th. Heard that from a current student.

Just withdrew my acceptance here, good luck everyone!

Good luck to you. I wish I would hear back from this school. It has been months since I interviewed with no response.
Hopefully they get back to y'all soon! The deposit deadline is tomorrow so I'm sure there'll be movement after that

Did anyone get a message from admissions about the upcoming deposit deadline, but your original deposit was Nov. 1? Did they push the deadline back for everyone?

Did anyone get a message from admissions about the upcoming deposit deadline, but your original deposit was Nov. 1? Did they push the deadline back for everyone?
Anyone admitted by now has to pay deposit by today.

Any movement from applicants that have never heard anything post interview since deposits were due on December 14th?

Thanks!
Interviwed 1/11
505, 3.9
Congratulations! I saw in the itinerary for the day that it lists out interview 1-3, does that mean that there are three interviews per person?

Congratulations! I saw in the itinerary for the day that it lists out interview 1-3, does that mean that there are three interviews per person?
You will interview with 3 different people, each for about 30 minutes.

Just received an interview 2 days ago.
Scheduled for Mid Feb, couple dates in Feb were available (about 5-6).

Of course.

504 MCAT, 3.88 gpa, WARS 76

Heavy research experience, 150+ hours in all other categories

*my MCAT really killed me 🤧, I was going to retake it but I got accepted to a DO out of state. Just gonna ride out the cycle and see if any of my State MD or DO schools throw me a bone

Last edited:
Of course.

504 MCAT, 3.88 gpa, WARS 76

Heavy research experience, 150+ hours in all other categories

*my MCAT really killed me 🤧, I was going to retake it but I got accepted to a DO. Just gonna ride out the cycle and see if any MD schools throw me a bone
MD, DO, everyone ends up being called physician in the end. Congrats on ur A! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the A from here, really loved the school on interview day!

Has anyone else tried contacting admissions? I have called them several times and nobody answers. It’s like a ghost town. Anybody experiencing this?? Not sure if I should just go ahead and count myself out since it’s approaching mid February.

Has anyone else tried contacting admissions? I have called them several times and nobody answers. It’s like a ghost town. Anybody experiencing this?? Not sure if I should just go ahead and count myself out since it’s approaching mid February.
That is the way I feel. I contacted them several times in the fall, but they couldn't tell me anything after I interviewed. I was hoping to hear something, but still have not. I was told this year has been very different for admissions than past years. I don't know how it has been different, but an upperclassmen at V-COM (Auburn) told me that.

Any current students willing to answer some questions in DM?

Just curious about the school and area!

Just putting it on here because I thought it was interesting, the EAMC hospital on auburn's campus has an internal med residency program that takes a lot of kids from VCOM-Auburn. They didn't mention it on their website, but it seems like it functions a similar role as Southeast Health at ACOM.

• Wow
Does anybody know if interviews are still being passed out? And if not why haven’t rejections been sent? Super frustrated that I still haven’t heard a word from anyone.

Does anybody know if interviews are still being passed out? And if not why haven’t rejections been sent? Super frustrated that I still haven’t heard a word from anyone.
I am in the same boat. It is very frustrating when no one tells you anything.

I submitted my primary in June and they never even sent me a secondary. They just rejected me now.

• Care
Received a secondary yesterday after submitting primary in June. Is it worth it to do it or they just want $$ ?

Does anyone know when VCOM will send out financial aid information? For that matter, they haven't yet posted the 2022-2023 tuition/cost of attendance so I'm curious how much if any the tuition will be going up this year (just like everything else has been).