2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if VCOM-Auburn offers any dual degree programs in partnership with Auburn University? I know VCOM-Virginia offers a DO/MPH in partnership with Virginia Tech.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone interview on 1/19 because I have not heard back from them? When I emailed the director of admissions, he said I should hear with the next few weeks and its been almost 6 weeks after my interview.

Did anyone interview on 1/19 because I have not heard back from them? When I emailed the director of admissions, he said I should hear with the next few weeks and its been almost 6 weeks after my interview.
I did not interview on 1/19, but I did on 2/9. I have realized that the school has been very quiet since 2/2 (a Wednesday). Not sure what is going on, but was/still am expecting some movement from them this week based on the timing of the committee meetings that occur roughly 1, sometimes twice, a month (3-4 weeks).

Members don't see this ad :)
several of us interviewed months ago and still haven't heard back. just gotta stay positive and hope for the best

Got accepted this morning! First one of the cycle, very excited! Feel free to PM me for stats or interview date.

Just got an II! Does anyone have any advice on the interview? I saw it is 3 different interviews. Is that one on one or MMI?

When do interviews typically end?
Like during the day or in general?

The day of interviews I think ends at like 1 or 2.

But end of April / Early May is the end of interview season I believe if I can remember correctly.

Any current students have this year's match list or insight into how Auburn matched?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students have this year's match list or insight into how Auburn matched?
There is not an official match list out; but from what the fourth years have been posting, they matched very well.

For those trying to keep up with movement within admissions, I got rejected yesterday with a rec to reapply next year or do the masters program.

For those trying to keep up with movement within admissions, I got rejected yesterday with a rec to reapply next year or do the masters program.
I'm sorry! Hopefully, you're able to get accepted at another school! If you don't mind, can I ask what your stats were and when you were completed?

I'm sorry! Hopefully, you're able to get accepted at another school! If you don't mind, can I ask what your stats were and when you were completed?
I have 2 other acceptances so it is okay!! And sure, I'll send a DM

Also WL on 3/30, interviewed 3/23. Anyone know when the next deposit deadline is?

If there is anybody who interviewed 4/4 and has heard back let me know! or if anyone has heard of any waitlist movement

Could any current student post a list of current rotation sites? I've heard that there is a Jacksonville site from other current students, but that's not listed on the website. I really appreciate it!

@Rogue42

Could any current student post a list of current rotation sites? I've heard that there is a Jacksonville site from other current students, but that's not listed on the website. I really appreciate it!

@Rogue42
Unsure if I am allowed to post a screenshot of site stuff

Currently, the list includes:
Birmingham, AL
Sheffield, AL
Gadsden, AL
Woodlawn, AL
Mobile, AL
Enterprise, AL
Phenix City, AL
Enterprise, AL
Alexander City, AL
Opelika, AL
Huntsville, AL
Fort Walton, FL
Orange Park, FL (often referred to as Jacksonville)
Columbus, GA
Aiken, SC

Sometimes sites that are not listed underneath the Auburn campus are still sites that we use, such as Aiken. We share Aiken, SC and Orange Park, FL with the VCOM-Carolinas students.

Unsure if I am allowed to post a screenshot of site stuff

Currently, the list includes:
Birmingham, AL
Sheffield, AL
Gadsden, AL
Woodlawn, AL
Mobile, AL
Enterprise, AL
Phenix City, AL
Enterprise, AL
Alexander City, AL
Opelika, AL
Huntsville, AL
Fort Walton, FL
Orange Park, FL (often referred to as Jacksonville)
Columbus, GA
Aiken, SC

Sometimes sites that are not listed underneath the Auburn campus are still sites that we use, such as Aiken. We share Aiken, SC and Orange Park, FL with the VCOM-Carolinas students.
Thanks so much, that's cool we get to share some rotations with other VCOM students too

A lot.

Many members of my class secured their spots in the summer months leading up to class.

I was accepted in July, just 6 days before classes began.
That's great news! I was wondering how many non-traditional classmates you have? I've already been out and had another career. Wondering if I would make the "class dad" status lol. Thanks!

That's great news! I was wondering how many non-traditional classmates you have? I've already been out and had another career. Wondering if I would make the "class dad" status lol. Thanks!
I guess it depends on your age.

We have plenty of people who did other things first. We have a late 40 year old guy who was a doctor in a different country, but his license would not transfer to America, so he decided to go through medical school again.

Couple of people in their late 30's who did various different things like nursing, military, or straight accounting.

A lot.

Many members of my class secured their spots in the summer months leading up to class.

I was accepted in July, just 6 days before classes began.
Sorry to change the subject, but since you are a current student, do you know anything about when financial aid information will be released to incoming students? Seems like it should already have been out, but I'm not sure what is normal.

Sorry to change the subject, but since you are a current student, do you know anything about when financial aid information will be released to incoming students? Seems like it should already have been out, but I'm not sure what is normal.
I received the cost of attendance info in my vcom.edu email in outlook.

I mean specifics about my particular loan package, etc. Do you know when that comes out?
I think we have to fill out the master promissory note on fafsa and after that we can get access. I think there isn't usually scholarships being given out, but I'm not too sure. Honestly I just assumed the COA they put out was the financial aid info as well, but now I'm not too sure.

If you're waiting on other acceptances, should you complete the VCOM FAFSA forms that were sent to our emails or wait to see if you're accepted elsewhere?

If you're waiting on other acceptances, should you complete the VCOM FAFSA forms that were sent to our emails or wait to see if you're accepted elsewhere?
I think you can do everything up to signing the master promissory note, at that point you've filled a contract that dictates your loan amounts. You can change it later if it comes down to it, but it's much harder from what I read.

I do not know exactly what you're asking about.

COA is posted on the website, and there is a breakdown of what is included in the COA.

This is exactly what you should expect as the financial aid information. VCOM does not give out academic scholarships to first-year students, and most scholarships after that are usually given on a "merit / need" basis whereas you can apply, and then be selected for them if you meet certain criteria.

Furthermore, you can decide to take out full loans or less if you think you can budget better than what VCOM has told the government you can budget.

Finally, there is always a financial aid class and discussion on the first two days of orientation.

I do not know exactly what you're asking about.

COA is posted on the website, and there is a breakdown of what is included in the COA.

This is exactly what you should expect as the financial aid information. VCOM does not give out academic scholarships to first-year students, and most scholarships after that are usually given on a "merit / need" basis whereas you can apply, and then be selected for them if you meet certain criteria.

Furthermore, you can decide to take out full loans or less if you think you can budget better than what VCOM has told the government you can budget.

Finally, there is always a financial aid class and discussion on the first two days of orientation.
Med schools send out aid offers which indicate the type and amount of financial aid (loans) each student is eligible to receive and then provides instructions for how to accept or decline the aid. I am asking when that will be sent out to incoming students. I was thinking you could look back and see when you received yours.

Med schools send out aid offers which indicate the type and amount of financial aid (loans) each student is eligible to receive and then provides instructions for how to accept or decline the aid. I am asking when that will be sent out to incoming students. I was thinking you could look back and see when you received yours.
Right, for first years, that is only going to be the Stafford and DirectPlus federal loans which will end up being the exact COA.
Then you decide how much of each you want to take out.

I was accepted super late, so I do not know if it is the same for everyone, but my Financial Aid package did not come in until the very first day of school. Which I think may also be normal, since they have to do a mandated class about loans with everyone. So its possible that everyone's package will not be in the portal until you have had the mandated class that happens on the first day of school, then you can go see you package and accept/decline.

Right, for first years, that is only going to be the Stafford and DirectPlus federal loans which will end up being the exact COA.

I was accepted super late, so I do not know if it is the same for everyone, but my Financial Aid package did not come in until the very first day of school. Which I think may also be normal, since they have to do a mandated class about loans with everyone. So its possible that everyone's package will not be in the portal until you have had the mandated class that happens on the first day of school, then you can go see you package and accept/decline.
Thanks for taking the time to explain this stuff, it's super helpful for us incoming students

Do you know if everyone got their package on the first day? Also do you remember when you actually got the loans given to you?