Edward Via COM - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essay prompts when available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Just submitted. Applied to only the auburn and CC campus. Haven't decided how I will rank.

I noticed on the admissions site this campus has rotations in florida can anybody confirm/deny?

Anyone else having problems logging into the VCOM SIS portal for secondaries? I know they said 48 hours, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything right!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive a secondary? Can you post the prompt, please?

Reactions: 1 user
Did you receive a secondary? Can you post the prompt, please?
I can't login as of yet. That's why I was asking if anyone else waa able to login yet.

Do we need to receive an invitation for secondary?

VCOM does an initial screening, then sends out secondaries to people from there.

Well, I got the email on Thursday at 13:12 and haven't been able to login. Hopefully it's sometime today. I hope they don't mean six days from the email if they said 48 business hours.

Well, I got the email on Thursday at 13:12 and haven't been able to login. Hopefully it's sometime today. I hope they don't mean six days from the email if they said 48 business hours.

I think today or tomorrow you should get some results but don't hesitate to call!

Im jealous of you guys. I have yet to receive a secondary :(

I think today or tomorrow you should get some results but don't hesitate to call!

Im jealous of you guys. I have yet to receive a secondary :(

You might get one. My app was verified and submitted very early before schools could start receiving them.

Trust me, if got past their screening you should too. I have a 3.68 cGPA/3.62 sGPA and two MCATs (500 and 501, with <125 subsections on both). Although I've been told I do have interesting ECs and a good PS, so maybe that's why they offered me one? Idk, med school is tricky.

You might get one. My app was verified and submitted very early before schools could start receiving them.

Trust me, if got past their screening you should too. I have a 3.68 cGPA/3.62 sGPA and two MCATs (500 and 501, with <125 subsections on both). Although I've been told I do have interesting ECs and a good PS, so maybe that's why they offered me one? Idk, med school is tricky.

Thats what stinks about applying so early (Verified late may). Only 2 schools have even confirmed my primary lol. So now I can just stress online :mad:.

Members don't see this ad :)
Prompts are same as last year's.

Describe the top three reasons you have chosen osteopathic medicine as your professional choice in becoming a physician (Please use your own description and not one that widely describes the profession).

Professionalism and the ability to gain respect in the community in which you live is of utmost importance as you embark upon a career as a physician. What three professional qualities do you feel a Student Doctor must be able to demonstrate as he/or she makes the transition into the study and practice of medicine. How will you demonstrate those qualities as a medical student at VCOM?

Please describe a volunteer or service activity that played a large part in your decision to become a physician

In the event you submitted an application to VCOM last year, what improvements have you made to your application?

If you have not completed all theprerequisite coursework, please state how you intend on completing it prior tomatriculation.

500 words max for each essay.

Reactions: 1 users

Describe the top three reasons you have chosen osteopathic medicine as your professional choice in becoming a physician (Please use your own description and not one that widely describes the profession).

Professionalism and the ability to gain respect in the community in which you live is of utmost importance as you embark upon a career as a physician. What three professional qualities do you feel a Student Doctor must be able to demonstrate as he/or she makes the transition into the study and practice of medicine. How will you demonstrate those qualities as a medical student at VCOM?

Please describe a volunteer or service activity that played a large part in your decision to become a physician

In the event you submitted an application to VCOM last year, what improvements have you made to your application?

If you have not completed all theprerequisite coursework, please state how you intend on completing it prior tomatriculation.

Is it one secondary for all three VCOM campuses? Same prompt?

Is it one secondary for all three VCOM campuses? Same prompt?

Yes. In the app you can rank your campus preferences if you wish. It'll be submitted to each campus regardless .

Has anybody else received feedback?

Still haven't even got a "we received your application email yet".

Has anybody else received feedback?

Still haven't even got a "we received your application email yet".

I got a secondary invite today. :) not sure if that's what you are talking about but that's my news

Would you mind posting the prompt please?

i did not receive secondary yet. Should I call?

Personally I'm gonna give them this week and if I still haven't received anything i'm calling monday.

If you do call let us know :)
Yeah definitely.
Unless it's all of the last name basis again. Lol.

havent received a primary email and verified/submitted. Should I call?

Last edited:
Do you think I will receive a secondary here?

GPA: 3.46
SGPA: 3.25
Masters GPA: 4.0
MCAT 496

Have research experience, lots of EC and shadowing

Thanks

In similar scenario 3.41/3.58; 28MCAT ; verified 05-28

Still have not heard anything.

I'm hopeful they just haven't gone through the first batch yet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

In similar scenario 3.41/3.58; 28MCAT ; verified 05-28

Still have not heard anything.

I'm hopeful they just haven't gone through the first batch yet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Same as you, have not yet heard anything

Finally got their secondary invite! Still debating between designating this campus or CC.

Got a secondary but says pending MCAT does everyones say that?

Got a secondary but says pending MCAT does everyones say that?

Mine said that as well but it was because I didn't release my MCAT scores from AAMC -> AACO. I had to do it again and then update the application. Only took 2-3 business days.

Mine said that as well but it was because I didn't release my MCAT scores from AAMC -> AACO. I had to do it again and then update the application. Only took 2-3 business days.
My mcat scores are released but i was planning on taking it again in august so that might be why. Will they still look at my application before that?

They don't accept the MCAT scores accepted through AACOMAS?

Did anyone receive a fee waiver here. I got an email saying my application has been waived. I was trying to submit my application and it asked for a voucher. The person who sent the email didn't provide me with any voucher. Anyone went through the process?

what does it mean by " Please use your own description and not one that widely describes the profession" for the first question?

what does it mean by " Please use your own description and not one that widely describes the profession" for the first question?
IMO I feel like it means not reiterating that it's is holistic.

I did not receive a secondary from VCOM yet and I was verified a long time ago. Is it just me or are other people not receiving any info from them also?

Did anyone receive a fee waiver here. I got an email saying my application has been waived. I was trying to submit my application and it asked for a voucher. The person who sent the email didn't provide me with any voucher. Anyone went through the process?

Yeah I used the fee waiver. Put your AACOMAS ID for the voucher number and it should accept it.

If you have any experiences with osteopathic medicine, I'd use that.

Yeah thats a good point but even then describing my experience would be really typical as well since that was genuinely what I observed...I'll try to think on this more

My AACOMAS was verified yesterday and I received an invite for secondary this morning. :)

did anyone receive a confirmation after submitting the secondary? I received a Paypal confirmation email, but no submission confirmation.

did anyone receive a confirmation after submitting the secondary? I received a Paypal confirmation email, but no submission confirmation.

Just got confirmation email today. Turned in 6/26