2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What were your submission/complete/II dates and what order did you rank the schools in on your application?
I honestly don’t keep track with that well lol. Submitted in July, complete in August and then interviewed 10/14.
Rank Auburn, Carolina, VA, LA.

I’m just trying to figure out if the acceptance letter was correct.

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly don’t keep track with that well lol. Submitted in July, complete in August and then interviewed 10/14.

My best guess is that they just assigned you to the school that you are geographically closest to perhaps? I would probably just call admissions and see if you can be reassigned to a different school assuming you aren't okay with attending the Virginia campus.

I interviewed with VCOM-Auburn last week and just got an acceptance letter from VCOM-Virginia campus. Is this normal?
hmmm, definitely would email and ask about that. I believe you are only considered for admission for the campus you interview for....

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I also interviewed that date and my second interviewer said the next Adcom meeting was two weeks from that thursday, so I would guess that it was an email error

I interviewed on October 7 and just got the acceptance call

Reactions: 1 users
got the acceptance call!

for those wondering:
secondary submitted on 7/14
emailed VCOM inquiring about application status on 8/26 (still wasn't marked complete on the portal)
application marked complete on 9/9
interview invite on 9/13
interview on 10/13

so for those of you still waiting, definitely be patient and don't hesitate to reach out to them regarding application status!

Last edited:
Me who received a secondary 6/28, marked complete 8/25, and interviewed 9/22 and have heard nothing. :)

I saw some people received an A in less than a week and others took a whole month, I guess it's just a waiting game. :/

Me who received a secondary 6/28, marked complete 8/25, and interviewed 9/22 and have heard nothing. :)

I saw some people received an A in less than a week and others took a whole month, I guess it's just a waiting game. :/
Did you also get the II on 8/25 right after you were marked complete or was there some lag there?

Woah, actually received my A from here just now!! Complete 8/20, II on 9/24, Interviewed 10/14

So, just to clarify, we have to pay the deposit here by mid December to hold our acceptance spot? and its non-refundable or it is refundable? (im assuming its not)

Woah, actually received my A from here just now!! Complete 8/20, II on 9/24, Interviewed 10/14

So, just to clarify, we have to pay the deposit here by mid December to hold our acceptance spot? and its non-refundable or it is refundable? (im assuming its not)
Congrats! I’ve also been accepted today

On their website it says people accepted on or before Dec 1 have until Feb 15 to make the deposit payment. I can’t find if it states it but these deposits for DO schools are usually non-refundable.

Hey everyone, I have a question. As I’m still waiting to hear back after my interview and it’ll be exactly 1 month tomorrow, would it be a good idea to call VCOM tomorrow and inquire about my status?

I just want to hear what people have to say about this.

Interviewed 10/7, got the A on 10/19!

Has anyone gotten the Acceptance Form emailed to them yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I emailed admissions last week about my application status and they replied today saying that it is "in review" but that there is no way of knowing if it has been reviewed or is in line to be reviewed. They did tell me the campus I was assigned to for review, so if that's something you want to know, send them an email. For reference, I submitted on 8/1 and was marked complete on 10/4.

Hi everyone! I emailed admissions last week about my application status and they replied today saying that it is "in review" but that there is no way of knowing if it has been reviewed or is in line to be reviewed. They did tell me the campus I was assigned to for review, so if that's something you want to know, send them an email. For reference, I submitted on 8/1 and was marked complete on 10/4.
I still haven't received secondary from this school. I submitted my primary in early July lol. I emailed them regarding that; however, still no response. When did you receive secondary after submitting primary?

I still haven't received secondary from this school. I submitted my primary in early July lol. I emailed them regarding that; however, still no response. When did you receive secondary after submitting primary?
I submitted my primary on 7/26, received secondary on 7/29, submitted secondary on 8/1, and received complete status on 10/4. If I was in your position, I would give them a call (any campus really) and ask them what's going on. I believe that VCOM screens prior to giving a secondary, but it's nothing crazy or similar to screening for an interview.

To those who got acceptances, what time of day did you get the call? I interviewed 10/20 and hoping to hear soon! Good luck to all!

To those who got acceptances, what time of day did you get the call? I interviewed 10/20 and hoping to hear soon! Good luck to all!
Around 3:30 pm for me

Never heard back from VCOM - Auburn. Interview was October 5th. Disappointed.

Never heard back from VCOM - Auburn. Interview was October 5th. Disappointed.
Same boat as you, but I interviewed on September 22nd. I emailed them last week and they told me that we "should be hearing back very soon" so hopefully this week?

Same boat as you, but I interviewed on September 22nd. I emailed them last week and they told me that we "should be hearing back very soon" so hopefully this week?
I have friends who have interviewed after I did and some of them have already received acceptances and some got rejections. Not sure how things are done there.

I have friends who have interviewed after I did and some of them have already received acceptances and some got rejections. Not sure how things are done there.
Yeah, I know someone who interviewed the same day as me and they got their Acceptance less than a week later, so it is very weird how they are doing it.

As of tomorrow, it has been a full month since I interviewed. It certainly worries me, since I have heard nothing.

As of tomorrow, it has been a full month since I interviewed. It certainly worries me, since I have heard nothing.
Lots of moving parts involved in interviews: How quickly did your individual interviewers submit their evaluations, how often does the admissions committee meet (every week, every other week, once per month, etc.)? It could be that your interview happened the day before or the day that the admissions committee met, so you may not be evaluated until the next committee meeting. Are there potential red flags in your application that take additional time to investigate/review?

I know it's hard and nerve-racking, but stay patient and wait for their feedback.

Lots of moving parts involved in interviews: How quickly did your individual interviewers submit their evaluations, how often does the admissions committee meet (every week, every other week, once per month, etc.)? It could be that your interview happened the day before or the day that the admissions committee met, so you may not be evaluated until the next committee meeting. Are there potential red flags in your application that take additional time to investigate/review?

I know it's hard and nerve-racking, but stay patient and wait for their feedback.
I will try. I just would like to know. All of my friends except me have heard back. That makes it hard. Hope I hear something very positive soon.

Anyone hear back yet? approaching 3 weeks for me
It looks like you interviewed on the same day the last round of acceptances went out (10/20). I'd bet you'll hear something back on the next 3rd Wednesday of the month (11/17).

I have a question for current students. I have seen that the clinical rotations for third and fourth year students are spread throughout the state. For the core rotations, do you spend most of your time in Auburn still? If not, how do you afford or find housing for short periods of time?

I have a question for current students. I have seen that the clinical rotations for third and fourth year students are spread throughout the state. For the core rotations, do you spend most of your time in Auburn still? If not, how do you afford or find housing for short periods of time?
I was digging through their website (not a student btw) and I found that they have like affiliate residential sites that you pay like $250 to live there for that rotation. But if there is a student pls correct me because I could be wrong.

Just checking to make sure I'm correct, so does VCOM do graded classes but does not rank their classes?

Anybody hear anything from VCOM - Auburn lately? It has been a good while since I interviewed and still haven't heard a word. When I call, they just say things like maybe you will hear next week. Next week comes and I do not hear anything. Really disappointed.

Does anyone know if they are having any accepted student days or tours prior to the December deposit deadline?

Does anyone know if they are having any accepted student days or tours prior to the December deposit deadline?
I don't see anything on the schedule, but last cycle they held a virtual one in March, so I'm guessing the answer is no.

It looks like you interviewed on the same day the last round of acceptances went out (10/20). I'd bet you'll hear something back on the next 3rd Wednesday of the month (11/17).
hoping this comes true today lol. keeping the hope up :)

Reactions: 2 users
I apologize if I got anyone's hopes up with this post, it was just a guess on my part. Today obviously wasn't the day, but I'm sure if you're out there waiting that your A is coming soon!

I apologize if I got anyone's hopes up with this post, it was just a guess on my part. Today obviously wasn't the day, but I'm sure if you're out there waiting that your A is coming soon!
Lol you're good!!! We are all in the same boat so no worries fr. I will say your estimation is technically correct because if you look at past application cycle threads, this matched up almost exactly in terms of waiting. Keep the hope up nevertheless!!!!

Lol you're good!!! We are all in the same boat so no worries fr. I will say your estimation is technically correct because if you look at past application cycle threads, this matched up almost exactly in terms of waiting. Keep the hope up nevertheless!!!!
I wouldn't hold my breath. I interviewed in early October and never heard anything. I called two weeks ago and they said I would hear last week. I still haven't heard a word. I hope you have better luck than I do.

Just got that sweet acceptance call this morning, I'm gonna be a doctor! Interviewed on 11/3

Reactions: 3 users
Just got that sweet acceptance call this morning, I'm gonna be a doctor! Interviewed on 11/3
That is great. I have been waiting along time. I guess I should just chalk this up to a rejection. Congrats to you!!!

That is great. I have been waiting along time. I guess I should just chalk this up to a rejection. Congrats to you!!!
I appreciate it! And don't chalk it up quite yet, there's always hope until the hard R. Best of luck my dude!