Edward Via COM - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there interviews today or tomorrow? If so, can those interviewing give any information about the number of seats/waitlist, when your day is complete? It would be really appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday, interview set for April 4th... I suppose I can expect to be waitlisted? Also, any tips for the interview? Help would be much appreciated!

Email today saying I was still under review. Anybody know the interview dates that are left? Also is it a for sure fact that only waitlist spots are available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Email today saying I was still under review. Anybody know the interview dates that are left? Also is it a for sure fact that only waitlist spots are available?

When I confirmed my interview yesterday they still had March 16th (tomorrow) and then April 4th and 5th. I got my II a day after a similar email, maybe you'll get one soon too.

Just found this site and discussion. Any recent news on acceptances and/or waitlist movement? Are interviews complete?

Just found this site and discussion. Any recent news on acceptances and/or waitlist movement? Are interviews complete?
Waitlisted beginning Feb. Interviews into April from what previous ppl posted. From last year's thread, there was 100 waitlisted and 20 left when the class started, which means a ton of people got pulled from the waitlist? When I interviewed they said they had just started the waitlist. Butttt who knows...take it with a grain of salt. It's just a waiting game now. Just trying to cling to any sliver of hope bc I don't want to have to retake the MCAT this summer

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted beginning Feb. Interviews into April from what previous ppl posted. From last year's thread, there was 100 waitlisted and 20 left when the class started, which means a ton of people got pulled from the waitlist? When I interviewed they said they had just started the waitlist. Butttt who knows...take it with a grain of salt. It's just a waiting game now. Just trying to cling to any sliver of hope bc I don't want to have to retake the MCAT this summer

Definitely take it with a grain of salt

Grain of salt...? Do they tend to reserve seats for late above average interviewees then? That would seem to go against the idea of rolling admissions though.
I'm unsure of their intentions. What I mean to imply that I attend school here and I have here different things of the admission process, so much so that whatever you here from students that attend here (myself) to this forum is that have a healthy skepticism about it. especially with statistics that are not referenced outside of SDN.

Was hoping to hear news today about committee decisions. I believe we were told last week that they would meet yesterday. Has anyone from the past two weeks heard anything yet??

Was hoping to hear news today about committee decisions. I believe we were told last week that they would meet yesterday. Has anyone from the past two weeks heard anything yet??

When did you interview?

Anyone have an idea of how long it takes to hear back after the interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted, today. Hope there is some movement, from the list, in the coming weeks! Interviewed 3/16

Last years thread said they had movement around the end of April. A bunch of them got deferred acceptance on April 28. And then acceptance for this cycle on like May 5.

Just got accepted from the wait list!!!

Reactions: 6 users
If you guys don't mind, can you share your stats? I'm applying here in the upcoming cycle!

Edit: Where are my manners?!? CONGRATS to you guys!!!

Last edited:
The graduate recruiter called me today. Asked me if I was still interested in the graduate program lol. Had a heart attack when I noticed some people were accepted off the waitlist today :mad:

If you guys don't mind, can you share your stats? I'm applying here in the upcoming cycle!

Edit: Where are my manners?!? CONGRATS to you guys!!!

Undergrad GPA: 3.08
Graduate GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 497
3 years of clinical experience, lots of volunteering and community service

About how many students were there at the Accepted Students Day?

Just got an interview invite. Can anyone that has interviewed lately update me on the status of the class? Will this just be for waitlist? How was the interview? Suggestions on where to stay?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else supposed to interview tomorrow but changed to Thursday? What is going on with the weather there? Is it safe to drive into the area tonight?

Not in Med school at VCOM, but I live 40 minutes away. We are at high risk of severe storms and tornadoes. If I were you I would seriously try and avoid driving into the area at all cost. The weather guys are telling us "If I am scaring you, I mean to." Please be safe...

Edit: If you have to drive in tonight, locate a storm shelter or a safe area nearby!

Anyone else supposed to interview tomorrow but changed to Thursday? What is going on with the weather there? Is it safe to drive into the area tonight?

Also rescheduled from 4/5 to 4/6. Midwest girl here: the south panics hardcore about thunderstorms. All area schools are closed, could get severe. Where are you driving from? I'm coming down from Huntsville this evening I think. Looks like it should clear out, radar will make that decision for me after lunch.

Also rescheduled from 4/5 to 4/6. Midwest girl here: the south panics hardcore about thunderstorms. All area schools are closed, could get severe. Where are you driving from? I'm coming down from Huntsville this evening I think. Looks like it should clear out, radar will make that decision for me after lunch.

Changed to next week

Did anybody from the April 4th interview receive any information on how full their acceptance list is? I interview tomorrow and I'm afraid it is primarily for a spot on the waiting list. Any 'most recent' information would be greatly appreciated!

Did anybody from the April 4th interview receive any information on how full their acceptance list is? I interview tomorrow and I'm afraid it is primarily for a spot on the waiting list. Any 'most recent' information would be greatly appreciated!

I'm interviewing tomorrow but asked Miss Agee yesterday. Yes, they are working on the waitlist. She assured me it is not a bad place to be! I think I've seen other things in the past supporting this. Look forward to meeting you!

I'm interviewing tomorrow but asked Miss Agee yesterday. Yes, they are working on the waitlist. She assured me it is not a bad place to be! I think I've seen other things in the past supporting this. Look forward to meeting you!

Good luck at y'alls interviews! And their acceptance list is full from my knowledge, they're interviewing for waitlist spots. A lot of people get pulled off the waitlist for this class, as well as get deferred acceptances.

Hey guys, interviewing on 4/12. Is anyone else signed up for that date?

Make sure yall try and get the scoop on when they expect more waitlist movement

Waitlist is active. Last interview day tomorrow. Could be movement any day from tomorrow until 1st day of class.

Reactions: 3 users
Hope you guys had fun at your interview for those who attended on the 12th! How did it go?

Hope you guys had fun at your interview for those who attended on the 12th! How did it go?

It was so much fun! The faculty is great. And the students are so helpful and nice. I loved it. The interviews were super relaxed and they really tried to get to know you. Hoping for some love from this school!

Ended up deciding not to interview here (already in love with another school so interviewing for WL seems pointless) but my SO did today and loved it. He's planning to drop other acceptances for this school if admitted. Said the huge gym sealed the deal haha

Reactions: 2 users
That's great to hear! Yes, their facilities are VERY impressive. Keep us updated on your status'!

Ended up deciding not to interview here (already in love with another school so interviewing for WL seems pointless) but my SO did today and loved it. He's planning to drop other acceptances for this school if admitted. Said the huge gym sealed the deal haha

Yeah, my heart sunk when they said they were only interviewing for waitlist :( Which other school are you talking about if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, my heart sunk when they said they were only interviewing for waitlist :( Which other school are you talking about if you don't mind me asking?

Of the schools I interviewed at, I LOVED ACOM the best. Definitely would have interviewed at VCOM if it was earlier in the cycle but I just can't justify being on a waitlist at this point after already doing all of the matriculation requirements for another school. Fingers crossed for you! Seems like a great program. :)

upload_2017-4-13_6-59-11.png

Reactions: 5 users
Of the schools I interviewed at, I LOVED ACOM the best. Definitely would have interviewed at VCOM if it was earlier in the cycle but I just can't justify being on a waitlist at this point after already doing all of the matriculation requirements for another school. Fingers crossed for you! Seems like a great program. :)

Really wanted to interview at ACOM, but they wouldn't look past my LORs (I had only one science faculty member, not two) and then I never heard back from them :( and def, that makes sense! Are you and your SO planning on attending the same school?