2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a similar experience. I was complete in July and hadn’t heard anything come mid October. I reached out to Admissions and a month later received an email saying I was under review. Within 20 minutes, no joke, I had an II directly from the admissions coordinator wanting to know if I could interview in two days time. All of that is just to say that I highly recommend reaching out to their admissions office and seeing if they can pull your app and physically check on its status.
So just ask them what your current status is ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a similar experience. I was complete in July and hadn’t heard anything come mid October. I reached out to Admissions and a month later received an email saying I was under review. Within 20 minutes, no joke, I had an II directly from the admissions coordinator wanting to know if I could interview in two days time. All of that is just to say that I highly recommend reaching out to their admissions office and seeing if they can pull your app and physically check on its status.
which email did u send?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All! I have been complete here since middle December. No interview invite yet. Anyone else in the same position? Just wanted to see if they normally extend interview invites this late.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi All! I have been complete here since middle December. No interview invite yet. Anyone else in the same position? Just wanted to see if they normally extend interview invites this late.
been complete since October. 3.4/508. Crickets....

• Care
Is it just me or is their payment portal such a headache??? I have been trying to make a payment for like 4 days and contacted so many people to get the portal working!

Members don't see this ad :)
i received a secondary pretty late into the cycle, like at the end of january. how long did it take y'all to have your application screened and marked as complete on the portal?

A today!! First one of the cycle and I’m so excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Any tips for the interview?
Know why VCOM, why medicine/DO, and be prepared to talk about your experiences/academic history. My interview was very low stress and conversational. Everyone was really nice and I highly enjoyed it!

Reactions: 3 users
Update: I interviewed 2/14 and Bozeman did say at this time we are interviewing for the waitlist.

Hello! I am an accepted student and wanted to know if there was a discord, or if a current student knows of apartment communities where students live in.

II today!! was losing hope on getting one because i was complete 9/7 and my app took forever to be marked complete at screening lol

Reactions: 4 users
II yesterday. I also had my app complete for a long time. Glad things are moving along.

Anyone know if/how the WL is ranked here?

I was told that it is ranked and is constantly being reranked after each time the adcom meets. Once interviews finish that they only hold 100 people on their waitlist. If you are in the top 20 then you will get an email saying that you are there and there is a strong possibility you will be pulled off the waitlist. Once those 20 have been pulled they rerank with the remaining 80 and so on. I was told about 60 people get pulled off the waitlist each year. This was all told to me by the admissions director 2 years ago so things could have changed since then.

Do you have to have a Covid booster to attend VCOM-Auburn? Any current students know?

If we haven’t heard anything and it’s been over a month since our interview, is this their way of telling us we’re rejected or waitlisted?

Last edited:
is anyone still waiting on an II? when do they interview until? I am getting worried that it is now march and closer to the end of the cycle.

Did you guys talk about minor speeding tickets for the question about criminal offenses on the app?

Does anyone have information on how many are waitlisted and how many are accepted off the waitlist typically? This is my #1 choice.

Hi guys just got interview invite ! Wondering if they are still accepting students ?

I was put on the waitlist last week and just received the call today saying that I was accepted off the waitlist! I interviewed in mid-March. It is possible and y'all still have a chance!!