2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Any news regarding secondaries for those who sent a primary to the Auburn campus?

Any news regarding secondaries for those who sent a primary to the Auburn campus?
I received a secondary invite this morning but am having trouble accessing the portal. It has you put in your AACOMAS ID to receive another email & create a password but I'm not receiving that additional email. Anyone else having this issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a secondary invite this morning but am having trouble accessing the portal. It has you put in your AACOMAS ID to receive another email & create a password but I'm not receiving that additional email. Anyone else having this issue?
I have this same issue with the portal for VCOM Virginia. When I called them they said try accessing it again and wait for like a day and if nothing happens, call them back.

Reactions: 1 user
Any secondary yet? I applied to this campus on June 25 and still hasn't received anything. Should I be worried?

Any secondary yet? I applied to this campus on June 25 and still hasn't received anything. Should I be worried?
I do not think so. I reapplied to VCOM June 1st and was verified June 2nd. Still no secondary. I would check your junk mail. Last year, my secondary went straight into junk mail.

any updates on applications? I submitted my secondary the night I got it(June 21st) and have been marked as complete, while it says I’m still in the screening process. Everything has a green check though. Any thoughts?

any updates on applications? I submitted my secondary the night I got it(June 21st) and have been marked as complete, while it says I’m still in the screening process. Everything has a green check though. Any thoughts?
I still haven't received secondary after submitting my primary on June. Can you post the secondary essay prompt if possible?

I still haven't received secondary after submitting my primary on June. Can you post the secondary essay prompt if possible?
I'm in the same boat as you. Last year, I submitted my primary towards the end of May and didn't get my secondary until August.

I'm in the same boat as you. Last year, I submitted my primary towards the end of May and didn't get my secondary until August.
Yeah last year I submitted at the end of October and got my secondary in November. Prompts were the same as last year

Does it matter if we end up picking another VCOM campus as our first choice in secondary even though our primary is Auburn campus ?

I don't think it makes any difference as there's absolutely zero mention of the campus you picked in the secondary. They ask you to rate all of them no matter which one you picked in the primary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it matter if we end up picking another VCOM campus as our first choice in secondary even though our primary is Auburn campus ?
It does not matter. They will base their decision on what you select on your secondary. However, if they see that you are a better fit elsewhere, they will move you accordingly.

Last edited:
I put Auburn and verified July 16 and no secondary yet

I spoke with the VCOM admission today and they informed me that I can share some links with you guys. They have plenty of legitimately good events for applicants to VCOM as well as Virtual Physician's Experience (aka panel with different physicians) which can be useful for applying to any medical school.

1. Signup form to directly get into summer events
  2. Information/future events mailing list signup
  3. If you have any specific questions regarding e.g. MCAT/GPA combos, ECs or anything regarding admissions which is not really cut-and-dry with procedures Danielle Foutz is the person to contact: dfoutz [at] vcom.edu
Honestly? If the whole administration of that school works like the admission does I'm sold ;)

Reactions: 1 users
According to Mr. King and Danielle from VCOM during on of their recent virtual events:
To get secondary the school screen for 494 MCAT, 3.2 sGPA, and ties to the southeastern of the U.S.
Once you get a secondary and submit even if you have everything is complete, your application will be "incomplete" and "at screening" because your #1 choice campus is reviewing your app to see if you are a good fit for that campus before II.
II are sent end of August. They start interviews 2nd-3d week of September.
They are offering both in-person and virtual interviews this year.

Reactions: 2 users
I initially didn't rank the campuses, but after reviewing the school pages I believe the Auburn campus would be where I prefer to be because I would be close to family.

I initially didn't rank the campuses, but after reviewing the school pages I believe the Auburn campus would be where I prefer to be because I would be close to family.
During one of the events they mentioned that you can change that designation. You just simply need to e-mail the admission email and they will re-route your application to a different campus first.

My application to the VCOMs is now marked as complete!

According to Mr. King and Danielle from VCOM during on of their recent virtual events:
To get secondary the school screen for 494 MCAT, 3.2 sGPA, and ties to the southeastern of the U.S.
Once you get a secondary and submit even if you have everything is complete, your application will be "incomplete" and "at screening" because your #1 choice campus is reviewing your app to see if you are a good fit for that campus before II.
II are sent end of August. They start interviews 2nd-3d week of September.
They are offering both in-person and virtual interviews this year.
Thank you very much!

When did you receive the Secondary? I still haven't received anything after submitting my primary in early June.

I sent my primary on 7/5/21 and received the secondary on 7/6/21.

Just received my secondary today and it will be sent today too! Submitted my AACOMAS application 6/1, verified 6/2. Thank the Lord they reused their questions.

Still nothing from this school yet after submitting primary in late May.

same. are you in their target region? I think the Appalachian region.
This is the Auburn location so the “target“ region is the South East. The Appalachian region is the target region for the Virginia and I think Carolina campuses. But I think their overall focus is on both the Appalachian and SE.

Nope. I'm from CA. All of their campuses look for target region?
It’s more they have (don’t know how slight or strong) preference for people from those regions but I’m pretty sure they accept people from outside those areas too.

Last edited:
Also got an II. It’s virtual.

Received an interview invite! 3.5 505 out of state

Congratulations! Which campus did you select on the secondary? And when were you completed?
Submitted secondary on 7/6/21, got the email I was complete on 8/16/21 & the Auburn campus was my first choice.

Did you all get actual completion emails?

For those who got an II, is the portal updated yet with the form for us to complete before our interview date?

For those who got an II, is the portal updated yet with the form for us to complete before our interview date?
My form was available right away as a tab on the portal

Has anyone had any trouble getting in contact with VCOM-Auburn Admissions office?

Just had my interview with VCOM-Auburn yesterday, so feel free to ask any questions you guys have! I am happy to help!

• Love
Just had my interview with VCOM-Auburn yesterday, so feel free to ask any questions you guys have! I am happy to help!
Congrats! Could you tells us about the format of the interview? Also, any particularly difficult questions that you remember?

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate for this school?
Also for those curious, I just interviewed here and we had three 30 minute open file one-on-one interviews with faculty/staff at the school. It was very conversational and they were very nice!

Reactions: 4 users