2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have already interviewed, how long did it take to get an II after receiving your application complete email?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious if someone in the know could tell me how VCOM-Auburn handles one's portal status. I have been sitting on an incomplete status for roughly 6 weeks now, which I'm fine with, but I'm wondering if that means they haven't even looked at my application yet, or if they have and just haven't made a decision yet as to whether to send an II, hold, reject, etc. Is there anyone out there with a 100% complete application that still hasn't heard back? Or should I expect to hear something once my app is complete on the portal?

Does anybody know how often interviews invites are being passed out?
It seems like traditionally they send out invites in batches every ~3 weeks. Since the first batch went on 8/23, my theory is that the next batch will go out early next week. Just a guess, though.

Hello,

I am a current third year student who has just completed first year, second year, and passed boards.

If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them! Either just ask me here or DM me!
(please just be patient, I will get back to you, med school can be busy sometimes lol)

I'm curious if someone in the know could tell me how VCOM-Auburn handles one's portal status. I have been sitting on an incomplete status for roughly 6 weeks now, which I'm fine with, but I'm wondering if that means they haven't even looked at my application yet, or if they have and just haven't made a decision yet as to whether to send an II, hold, reject, etc. Is there anyone out there with a 100% complete application that still hasn't heard back? Or should I expect to hear something once my app is complete on the portal?
Call them and ask 100%.

When I went through the process, I got "stuck" between two campuses.

The way this all works is that the "first look" at your application is done by the team in Virginia at least hypothetically, I am not all convinced that it is. The other way that I think it works is that the "first look" is done by any member of the admissions team from any campus, and if that member deems your application good for the next part of the process, then they move you forward.

For example, they could get your primary application, but if it is not "complete" then they will not look at it. Once it is "completed" then it will be routed to someone's desk for them to initially look at it, make sure its up to par, and then they will decide to send a secondary if it is. Once the secondary is complete, your application will be in transit to the admissions team of that specific campus.

Applications can get stuck at one point in the process, so if you think you've been sitting on "red" for too long, then go ahead and call and ask. It will not hurt you unless you call them everyday. But it can help move the process along.

Reactions: 2 users
Call them and ask 100%.

When I went through the process, I got "stuck" between two campuses.

The way this all works is that the "first look" at your application is done by the team in Virginia at least hypothetically, I am not all convinced that it is. The other way that I think it works is that the "first look" is done by any member of the admissions team from any campus, and if that member deems your application good for the next part of the process, then they move you forward.

For example, they could get your primary application, but if it is not "complete" then they will not look at it. Once it is "completed" then it will be routed to someone's desk for them to initially look at it, make sure its up to par, and then they will decide to send a secondary if it is. Once the secondary is complete, your application will be in transit to the admissions team of that specific campus.

Applications can get stuck at one point in the process, so if you think you've been sitting on "red" for too long, then go ahead and call and ask. It will not hurt you unless you call them everyday. But it can help move the process along.
This actually happened to me this cycle. I applied 6/1 and it wasn't until I e-mailed someone (8/3) that I received my supplemental application the next day. Their website does state it takes approximately 2-3 weeks. If by the 4th week you do not hear anything, the best thing to do is to contact someone and inquire about your application status.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted 😭😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted 😭😭😭
Congrats! I noticed in a previous comment that you had Auburn down as your 3rd campus choice. Do you mind if I ask why you think it was this campus that accepted you? Do you have ties to Auburn or the area?

Congrats! I noticed in a previous comment that you had Auburn down as your 3rd campus choice. Do you mind if I ask why you think it was this campus that accepted you? Do you have ties to Auburn or the area?
Im not sure but im glad they did! On my secondary when ranking schools I didnt put "strong preference" I put "I prefer my #1 but I am open"

Also im from TX and I think the other campuses have a stronger regional preference, im closer to Alabama than Virginia or the Carolinas haha

This is the Auburn location so the “target“ region is the South East. The Appalachian region is the target region for the Virginia and I think Carolina campuses. But I think their overall focus is on both the Appalachian and SE.
do you mind sharing your stats?

This actually happened to me this cycle. I applied 6/1 and it wasn't until I e-mailed someone (8/3) that I received my supplemental application the next day. Their website does state it takes approximately 2-3 weeks. If by the 4th week you do not hear anything, the best thing to do is to contact someone and inquire about your application status.
Hey, I've not heard back anything from them. On what email, did you send them ? I want to inquire about my application status so I can receive secondary.

Hey everyone! I have a few questions pertaining to VCOM-Auburn. First, I submitted my secondary towards the end of August. Does anyone know when an interview invite could potentially be extended. Second, I did not take Organic II in undergrad. Instead, I took biochemistry. Does VCOM accept this substitution or would I need to take Organic II prior to matriculation. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I have a few questions pertaining to VCOM-Auburn. First, I submitted my secondary towards the end of August. Does anyone know when an interview invite could potentially be extended. Second, I did not take Organic II in undergrad. Instead, I took biochemistry. Does VCOM accept this substitution or would I need to take Organic II prior to matriculation. Thanks!
To your first question, I've heard they are running about 6 weeks to review completed apps, so I think you're potentially looking at a mid-October II if it comes. To question 2, based on VCOM's required courses (listed below), I think you'll have to take Organic II.
  • Biological Sciences: 4 credit hours
  • Physics: 6 credit hours
  • General and Inorganic Chemistry: 6 credit hours
  • Organic Chemistry: 6 credit hours
  • English and Composition: 6 credit hours
  • A minimum of 6 additional biomedical science credit hours at the 200 level or above, which prepare the applicant for medical school. These include anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, virology, or genetics.

Did anyone still not get a secondary? I do meet their minimum requirements, and I added this campus on AACOMAS like end of June. I followed up and they say they are still reviewing apps.

Are the campuses going at different paces? I put Auburn as my top choice and was marked complete 8/31, but haven't heard back for an II, yet I just saw on the Carolina campus that someone complete 5 days ago just got an II....

Last edited:
Are the campuses going at different paces? I put Auburn as my top choice and was marked complete 8/30, but haven't heard back for an II, yet I just saw on the Carolina campus that someone complete 5 days ago just got an II....
would also like to know the answer to this question

You will not have to take Organic II.
I am a third year student, they had the same requirements when I applied, and I did not take organic II. I took Biochem 1 and 2 instead.

I have friends that applied, got a secondary, and then an interview all within like 2-3 weeks - did not matter when they applied. I applied the first week of October, got a secondary the next day, and didn’t get an interview until 4 months later.

You will not have to take Organic II.
I am a third year student, they had the same requirements when I applied, and I did not take organic II. I took Biochem 1 and 2 instead.

I have friends that applied, got a secondary, and then an interview all within like 2-3 weeks - did not matter when they applied. I applied the first week of October, got a secondary the next day, and didn’t get an interview until 4 months later.
Thank you! This information is definitely reassuring.

Just got II less than an hour ago. I was marked complete on 8/31

Got the A yesterday morning (9/30)! Interviewed 9/23

Reactions: 3 users
I have a question for anyone that got an acceptance… Did anyone receive their MyVCOM Student Portal to send in the initial deposit electronically?! I signed the acceptance form electronically on September 16th.

I have a question for anyone that got an acceptance… Did anyone receive their MyVCOM Student Portal to send in the initial deposit electronically?! I signed the acceptance form electronically on September 16th.
Nope not yet, i signed mine a few weeks ago too

Reactions: 1 users
Heard from admin that won’t be getting portal information until closer to the end of the year.

Heard from admin that won’t be getting portal information until closer to the end of the year.
Do you know if they are going to extend the deadline for us to pay electronically? Or we have to send by mail only now?

Do you know if they are going to extend the deadline for us to pay electronically? Or we have to send by mail only now?
Not sure, I sent in by mail just to get it out of the way.

Y'all I got the portal link email today!

Hey guys does anyone mind sharing a few of your interview questions. I realize they will be different for everyone. I just want to prepare for the different ones. Thanks 😊

Hey guys does anyone mind sharing a few of your interview questions. I realize they will be different for everyone. I just want to prepare for the different ones. Thanks 😊
I'd definitely be prepared to answer "Tell me about yourself." Other than that, I feel that the interview is more conversational and you can't really predict the questions.

I'd definitely be prepared to answer "Tell me about yourself." Other than that, I feel that the interview is more conversational and you can't really predict the questions.
Would you both mind sharing when you were marked complete and when you received your IIs?

Would you both mind sharing when you were marked complete and when you received your IIs?
I received secondary on 8/20/21 and I was marked complete on 8/31/21. Then, I was invited for interview on 9/27/21.
Hope this helps :)

I received secondary on 8/20/21 and I was marked complete on 8/31/21. Then, I was invited for interview on 9/27/21.
Hope this helps :)
That is helpful, but also frustrating since I submitted late July and wasn't marked complete until mid September and still have not gone under review. Seems like a bit of a mystery as to how they are approaching things.

That is helpful, but also frustrating since I submitted late July and wasn't marked complete until mid September and still have not gone under review. Seems like a bit of a mystery as to how they are approaching things.
if it makes you feel any better I submitted late July and I am not complete but have had everything in. I emailed them and they said I am complete and yet I am still not in the portal :(

My primary was submitted in mid August and haven't heard anything back. Anyone else?

My primary was submitted in mid August and haven't heard anything back. Anyone else?
Only 8 people on this thread have mentioned getting an II or an A, so seems like the vast majority of people haven't heard anything from Auburn yet.