Edward Via COM - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know if students are able to do entire 3rd year rotations within the same hospital?
To my knowledge it is site specific but within the same city placement.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II on Friday as well. Complete end of August. Interview this Wednesday. Spoke with director of admissions and long story short they are starting their waitlist and there is a good chance it will be for a waitlist spot... but hard to say bc they save seats for their graduate program. They had interview dates opened until end of feb.
What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question, my file was complete mid September and my stats are cgpa 3.61 sgpa 3.4 and MCAT is a 494. I have over 2000 hours of shadowing, a DO rec letter, on AMSA board, have electrochemistry research + conferences around the U.S., and great committee LOR. I eventually have to retake the mcat but am a senior and really caught up with 300 level classes like cell and neurophys. Do I have a remote chance or should I just buckle down retake the mcat when ready and take a year off?

Quick question, my file was complete mid September and my stats are cgpa 3.61 sgpa 3.4 and MCAT is a 494. I have over 2000 hours of shadowing, a DO rec letter, on AMSA board, have electrochemistry research + conferences around the U.S., and great committee LOR. I eventually have to retake the mcat but am a senior and really caught up with 300 level classes like cell and neurophys. Do I have a remote chance or should I just buckle down retake the mcat when ready and take a year off?
I am sorry to say that I think you need to increase your MCAT. I had 494 last year and was not granted the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I was granted an interview to this campus but only submitted a primary to the south carolina campus...

Does this affect my other application?

Yes, regardless of which school you submit your primary to, you submit your application to a single, cumulative pool of applicants. The VCOM admissions office determines which of their three campuses will offer you an interview. You will only receive one interview. The VCOM admissions office saw fit for you to interview at Auburn, rather than Carolinas. You will not receive any other interviews from VCOM, unfortunately.

Whether or not you can call and request a change, I'm not sure of, but you could always give it a try! Good luck.

P.S. I attend Auburn, currently. Come interview at Auburn. It's awesome!

Hi guys! I interviewed at VCOM this year and was wondering if they send out acceptance calls/ rejection emails on the same day for each person in 1 interview group? Someone from my interview group got an acceptance call on Friday and I still have not heard anything. (We were informed that they were not wait listing yet in our interview). Just wondering if I should take this as a bad sign...

I was just given a “gauranteed acceptance” to start 2019 and looks like ill get a B- in my final undergrad semester. Is that enought for them to revoke my acceptance for their “B or above policy”.