Drexel anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akhilles604

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at drexel. Help anyone, any feedback or anything. Someone care to give insight into the culture of the school and the interview process?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there back in January so I guess I'll give you my little input. Firstly I requested for student hosts' info in order to save some bucks. If you can't get that, I heard East Falls Bed & Breakfast is great.

To start your interview day you'll get a 30min-ish powerpoint presentation on why you should come to drexel. Then you'll get a campus tour and chance to sit in on some classes. Then you go to faculty interviews, come back to adm office and student interviewer picks you up for lunch in the school cafeteria which i must say was pretty fly and the food was great. After the student interview your day is pretty much done, mine was at 1pm ish.

As for preparation for the faculty interview, i guess read up on the school website, be prepared for the usual "why medicine", "what makes you stand out..." I would emphasize the latter just because my interviewer gave me a hard time on that. After explaining how unique my background was and how much adversity i have dealt with in my life in order to get to where i am, he just told me so did everyone else enrolled in the school and that they actually had better stats. And he had a big prob with my age too (i was 20 at the time). So please show lots of maturity (and i'm sure you already do). And please please show confidence (not cockyness though). I know you prob here these all the time but I can't emphasize it more for this school.

Btw I managed to catch sight of a couple of brothas and sistas in the cafeteria, if you care, lord knows i was excited. Not sure wat else to add... If you're driving, leave early because there's some construction in the area and 2 interviewees were actually late on my day. The local area looks pretty cool, family-friendly atmosphere (I didn't like that though). Hot spots are mainly downtown philly, so I was told. Nice campus tho.

You can always send me a message is any more Q's. I don't check the threads too often. And I wish you the best with your interview. Get'em AK!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Im applying also? any one think they got a shot? odds? elaborate ....

I guess it'll be fair to update you on how things went. So I got my rejection letter two days ago. I totally saw it coming, and I'm not saying this because I didn't get in, but I wasn't going anyway. Just wanted a response for my $200+ spent, plus some good news would've consoled my anger- that my effort was not all a waste. My interviewer was a real b*tch and good thing i never wasted my time in sending a thank you note or any updates.

Good luck to anyone else waiting to hear back but don't even bother if you do not get good news, well you know, if you got in ANYWHERE else. I was sad after my Morehouse Alternate list placement and GW rejection, but these fools just pissed me off. Rude rejection letter too, they don't even try the whole "this year we had many qualified applicants ..." crap. I apologize for the rant but it was such a waste...:smuggrin:

curious if anyone else is having this radio silence from drexel.

I interviewed in march... and have not heard ANYTHING -- no admission, no rejection, no waitlist...

curious if anyone else is having this radio silence from drexel.

I interviewed in march... and have not heard ANYTHING -- no admission, no rejection, no waitlist...

Same here. After reading this thread, I even checked the Banner to see if my file was updated. Absolutely nothing. And it doesn't help that 8 weeks after my interview in January I called for an update & was given attitude over the phone. This hasn't left me with the greatest impression.

well... today i checked the banner... and my status says they've made a final decision (after like 3 weeks of saying under consideration)... we'll see if i get something in the mail the next few days. I'm guessing another waitlist? (i'm on one already... but 2 waitlists are better than one-- hehe)

I am not sure what is going on with Drexel. I am guessing waitlist, adding another to the pre-existing list of 2. My page was updated as well after a LONG time. The office is not very friendly, I wonder if i called to ask them if and when the letter was sent. Although really what difference would it make, when it comes it will come