Cthulhu & Friends: A Lovecraftian Tale - 9th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If zuri is telling the truth about his absorber role, and wonda is telling the truth about being jailed, another wolf could still perform the faction kill. It's not a coincidence zuri jailed wonda. He mentioned wanted to jail a "likely villager."
I mean this is true, which is why I haven't used it to defend myself

Members don't see this ad.

If he’s a strongman he could still get the jailing power by Nemo acting on him but not be jailed? But 2 strongman wolves is a lot : /
And it still doesn’t solve why chic said she saw gecko interact with beepboop when gecko didn’t.
I don't know, unless it's like ToS where mafioso can be promoted to godfather (?) I still don't get chic either. I don't see any motive to lie any way it goes, wolf or not. It just makes you look more sus...

Now I’m starting to wonder if Wonda’s power has something to do with creating illusions or something? They were the first one to bring up an appearance power which we’ve seen as a tell in Matt’s and Poppy’s case. that could explain the chic / gecko confusion? Tho I did jail her last night… but maybe it has a delayed reaction or something???
accuse the hunchback of notre dame GIF
Honestly thinking about this more the time delay makes no sense since we literally have no idea how things will look the next morning let alone the next night…. Tho if the power is to make another player do a kill without their knowledge then I could see that working from within jail because it’s technically not the jailed player that’s acting. I dunno this seems kinda op the more I think about it, but maybe not as a 1-time power a la pxton’s rez… honestly maybe this is too much tinfoil

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly thinking about this more the time delay makes no sense since we literally have no idea how things will look the next morning let alone the next night…. Tho if the power is to make another player do a kill without their knowledge then I could see that working from within jail because it’s technically not the jailed player that’s acting. I dunno this seems kinda op the more I think about it, but maybe not as a 1-time power a la pxton’s rez… honestly maybe this is too much tinfoil
I've been thinking very textbook roles and powers, probably like most of us with no ww experience on sdn. But I have learned that this game is chaotic at heart :D

@PlumPoppy as much as I would really love for @Wondalfy to be a wolf, and as much as I think your arguments make sense and Wondas defenses don’t feel super convincing, I’m just not sure I can buy that she is more likely to be a wolf than either @chicandtoughness or @GeckoKD6 given how sharply conflicted their stories are. Like maybe she’s in a pack with one of them?? More likely Chic since she’s resisted my critique of them pretty hard.

I dunno I’m happy to hear more arguments for your theory, but as of right now I think I should leave my vote where it is for the night.

@PlumPoppy as much as I would really love for @Wondalfy to be a wolf, and as much as I think your arguments make sense and Wondas defenses don’t feel super convincing, I’m just not sure I can buy that she is more likely to be a wolf than either @chicandtoughness or @GeckoKD6 given how sharply conflicted their stories are. Like maybe she’s in a pack with one of them?? More likely Chic since she’s resisted my critique of them pretty hard.

I dunno I’m happy to hear more arguments for your theory, but as of right now I think I should leave my vote where it is for the night.
I understand that. I think chic is likely wolf as well. But if I die tonight, my theory is out there to chew on. On the flip side, if Wondalfy is telling the truth, then I've made strong arguments to be framed and misyeeted. I could be completely off my rocker right now, but also I could not be. All the "obvious" wolves have not been wolves. Only digging deeper has revealed wolves.

Reactions: 1 user
I understand that. I think chic is likely wolf as well. But if I die tonight, my theory is out there to chew on. On the flip side, if Wondalfy is telling the truth, then I've made strong arguments to be framed and misyeeted. I could be completely off my rocker right now, but also I could not be. All the "obvious" wolves have not been wolves. Only digging deeper has revealed wolves.

Yeah no this analysis is super useful no matter what happens tonight. I’ll keep thinking about it. Honestly can’t stop thinking about this game if I tried.

• Care
Yeah no this analysis is super useful no matter what happens tonight. I’ll keep thinking about it. Honestly can’t stop thinking about this game if I tried.
I feel that. It has consumed my life. I cannot remember a time before WW. Only WW. I am forever changed.

(But in all seriousness, I live for solving puzzles and problem-solving. It's why I said, "you know what? I'd like to be a dirt broke vet instead of staying at my cushy environmental consulting job!" :1geek:)

Edit: forgot a ", it bothered me

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
@justafluff did you say you have the role swap power and you're a survivor?

(not for sus, asking clarification for something else I'm thinking of)

I see 3 possibilities for what happened last night:
1. Gecko is lying
2. Chic is lying
3. Chic was deceived

Honestly, I find it hard to believe that Chic was lying because she knew I was a tracker yesterday. She could have revealed my role, tried to get me yeeted, or drove the wolves to eat me, but she didn't

I'm now starting to have my doubts that Gecko was lying. Honestly, with some of the unknown powers floating around, im finding it more likely that Chic was deceived and that Wonda is a wolf

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry @GeckoKD6 , I never felt great about voting against you, but I thought the evidence was too compelling. However, I now see the light

Unyeet Gecko Yeet Wondalfy

@kaydubs
@WildZoo
I appreciate that! I don't think that Chic would be making such an obvious lie too, because voting me out would totally disprove it.

*sigh* As a last ditch resort to try to figure this out, I looked up some more info on survivors. I'm not sure a survivor has had to ever choose a faction like chic claims. Maybe it's new, idk. It's a good role to claim to pxton, especially saying she already chose village.
all they told me about this is that their win condition is to stay alive until the end of the game. On N3 her 'ability' was to choose which faction she wants to win with. she says she chose village
And honestly choosing a faction makes it way harder to win as a survivor. If fluff's claim as a survivor is true, then it's much easier for them to win than chic since they win with either wolves or village. Seems a bit unfair (very sorry mods if this is the case haha).

Maybe chic lied and miscalculated who to choose to blame beep's death on, or maybe chic and zuri are still working together and decided on gecko to take heat off zuri. Idk. Either way, even if she is a survivor, only a neutral is lost...(although I always hope for survivors to win on principle)

But with the 2 votes for me, I'm not going to keep my vote on zuri as it's a losing battle.

I think I've defended and explained myself well enough so it is what it is.

unyeet zuri, yeet chic

I mean maybe gecko is a wolf and this whole gecko/pulley situation was a giant ruse, but I wouldn't be mad at them winning at that point lol

I mean maybe gecko is a wolf and this whole gecko/pulley situation was a giant ruse, but I wouldn't be mad at them winning at that point lol
Wait, after being the strongest Gecko defender this morning, you are now putting sus on her?

• Hmm
Wait, after being the strongest Gecko defender this morning, you are now putting sus on her?
No I'm not 💀 I still don't think it's gecko. I'm saying gg if it is gecko. That would be an amazing strat

There's a LOT to go through, so I'll put the thesis first:

I think it's Wonda/Zuri.

I have no reason to lie about what I saw last night. I admit I was a bit hasty to assume Gecko was the killer when there could very well be another wolf out there who did the kill. That doesn't take Gecko off my sus list entirely, but...

The more I think about it, the more it makes no sense that Gecko would have claimed no night action. They could have just said "Oh, I used my post restrict on beep but she's dead because someone else killed her" (and that would make sense why I saw them interact with beep). Instead, she admitted to not using an action at all. It could be a sympathy move, it could be a lie. I don't know. But it seems like a silly lie to make when I "saw" it happen and several people confirmed independent facts that match up with what we know happened.

What I think happened then, when you add in my information, runner's confirmation that he meant to track Gecko, and fluff's confirmation that she swapped us, is that a third party did the kill and Gecko was framed.

Which third party? One of Wonda or Zuri.

Wonda has a power that she's not disclosing to us and apparently it's "very unlikely to happen".... okay.
Zuri jailed Wonda, but my mandator confirmed that wolves can still perform faction kills while also using a power.
I think either
1) Zuri jailed Wonda so that Wonda has credibility and we'll continue believing her ("she can't have killed while she was jailed!") and then did the kill himself
2) Zuri never jailed Wonda at all; if they're both wolves they can say whatever they want and we can't confirm it, which leaves either of them open to perform the kill

I have more thoughts but it's getting later so I want to get this vote in and then will continue typing.

I'm going to

unvote @GeckoKD6, vote Wonda
@kaydubs @WildZoo

If Wonda flips wolf tonight Zuri is tomorrow.
(Actually if Wonda isn't wolf tonight Zuri is still on the board for tmrw)

And maybe tonight, Zuri, you can jail someone we know is a confirmed villager so some "safe"/clears have proof your ability works. Maybe katykat? Which, by the way, I thought you were going to do last night to prove your credibility, but Wonda is NOT a confirmed villager and could just be corroborating whatever story you're feeding her.

EDIT: pronouns

Last edited:
Oh my god I just realized something!

When I was throwing out the mind control thing I felt like it was totally insane, so much so that I couldn’t quite place why it had came to mind, but I just remembered this…

I am now starting to wonder if it's possible that the statement in the night writeups that we have equated with the jailing power is not actually the jail/control power we get DMs about. I don't think it's out of the question that someone can be controlled by a wolf to kill someone else. Why was gecko was seen and all historical evidence of gecko points otherwise?

Now I’m really starting to think that @Wondalfy was feeling confident and spelled out exactly what she did last night even down to it being able to overpower the jail ability.

Like it felt like such a crazy thing to make up, but I guess not if that’s her actual power.

Also this is all she’s been willing to say bout her role:
I mean I've said something in the past that might help guess what it is? But like that's it. There's really no way to hint at it that I haven't already said without revealing it.

I feel like this is a classic wolf thing of trying to tell the truth as much as possible in a way that sounds villagey but isn’t.

Anyway, sorry @PlumPoppy for doubting you.

Unyeet @chicandtoughness
Yeet @Wondalfy

@kaydubs

• Hmm
There's a LOT to go through, so I'll put the thesis first:

I think it's Wonda/Zuri.

I have no reason to lie about what I saw last night. I admit I was a bit hasty to assume Gecko was the killer when there could very well be another wolf out there who did the kill. That doesn't take Gecko off my sus list entirely, but...

The more I think about it, the more it makes no sense that Gecko would have claimed no night action. They could have just said "Oh, I used my post restrict on beep but she's dead because someone else killed her" (and that would make sense why I saw them interact with beep). Instead, she admitted to not using an action at all. It could be a sympathy move, it could be a lie. I don't know. But it seems like a silly lie to make when I "saw" it happen and several people confirmed independent facts that match up with what we know happened.

What I think happened then, when you add in my information, runner's confirmation that he meant to track Gecko, and fluff's confirmation that she swapped us, is that a third party did the kill and Gecko was framed.

Which third party? One of Wonda or Zuri.

Wonda has a power that she's not disclosing to us and apparently it's "very unlikely to happen".... okay.
Zuri jailed Wonda, but my mandator confirmed that wolves can still perform faction kills while also using a power.
I think either
1) Zuri jailed Wonda so that Wonda has credibility and we'll continue believing her ("she can't have killed while she was jailed!")
2) Zuri never jailed Wonda at all; if they're both wolves they can say whatever they want and we can't confirm it, which leaves either of them open to perform the kill

I have more thoughts but it's getting later so I want to get this vote in and then will continue typing.

I'm going to

unvote @GeckoKD6, vote Wonda
@kaydubs @WildZoo

If Wonda flips wolf tonight Zuri is tomorrow.
(Actually if Wonda isn't wolf tonight Zuri is still on the board for tmrw)

And maybe tonight, Zuri, you can jail someone we know is a confirmed villager so some "safe"/clears have proof your ability works. Maybe katykat? Which, by the way, I thought you were going to do last night to prove your credibility, but Wonda is NOT a confirmed villager and could just be corroborating whatever story you're feeding her.
Ok if I was wolfing with wonda that would be some insane wolf banter we’ve had the last few days. And I can’t jail tonight because I can’t do the same absorber action twice in a row, but I could post restrict someone tonight if that would be helpful

Y'all if I'm wrong, not only am I a terrible vig, but I am a terrible conspiracy theorist. I seriously hope I'm right on this 🥲

• Care
I see 3 possibilities for what happened last night:
1. Gecko is lying
2. Chic is lying
3. Chic was deceived

Honestly, I find it hard to believe that Chic was lying because she knew I was a tracker yesterday. She could have revealed my role, tried to get me yeeted, or drove the wolves to eat me, but she didn't

I'm now starting to have my doubts that Gecko was lying. Honestly, with some of the unknown powers floating around, im finding it more likely that Chic was deceived and that Wonda is a wolf
Runner’s well laid out arguments are very convincing… ok let’s go with #3, sorry wonda!

unyeet chic yeet wonda

still don’t know how wonda would have surpassed the jailing last night but there was a post where she was questioning Zuri about whether or not he used his powers and he had to remind her that he jailed her?

• Hmm
I have had little to no confidence in this entire game so I would not have said that if it was my role.

I also argued against zuri choosing me after kat suggested it since I was not confirmed village. Honestly if chic is survivor, I'm very sorry and think this may be a zuri/plum thing at this point and plum was self-inserting herself.

I thought that was the joke lol
The joke has 2 levels:
1. Katy hasn't said anything and just posted a broken image
2. When you reply to the message, you see an image of Hurly from Lost going "........what?"

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
T.T such is the tragedy of my internet right now. It was supposed to be this

Hurley What GIF

• Care
  • Haha
Runner’s well laid out arguments are very convincing… ok let’s go with #3, sorry wonda!

unyeet chic yeet wonda

still don’t know how wonda would have surpassed the jailing last night but there was a post where she was questioning Zuri about whether or not he used his powers and he had to remind her that he jailed her?
I didn't question if he used his powers, I was asking in case his powers have only come from dead people. In case he only absorbs powers if he kills someone. then threw it out.

Also, if I can bypass the jail on me, why do you not think zuri can bypass the jail on them N6...?

I'm also literally the one who brought up maybe chic was deceived 🤦‍♀️

• Hmm
Wait. Has zuri ever proven they can post restrict? Or swap? Or any ability of anyone that hasn't died?

I literally jailed you last night after being jailed by Nemo the night before
This is the interaction I’m remembering. Like if wonda wasn’t able to act last night wouldn’t she know that was zuri is Nemo is ded

Reactions: 2 users
This is the interaction I’m remembering. Like if wonda wasn’t able to act last night wouldn’t she know that was zuri is Nemo is ded
I already established this was me trying to gauge if zuri has only demonstrated his powers from dead people (i.e. he killed nemo and absorbed nemo's powers). Then I saw the message about asking mods if he can jail/swap truthful so I threw the theory out.

Since zuri changed his vote, I honestly think this can still be a zuri/chic alliance with them trying to both survive another day by yeeting gecko. But alas, I am in the lead

I didn't question if he used his powers, I was asking in case his powers have only come from dead people. In case he only absorbs powers if he kills someone. then threw it out.

Also, if I can bypass the jail on me, why do you not think zuri can bypass the jail on them N6...?

I don’t. If it’s not you, then it has to be Zuri. Or Chic. I’m just so confused by the inconsistency between chic and gecko but neither of them has tried to cover up what they did/ saw, which makes me think they are both telling the truth.

I'm going to change my vote. Though I wasn't sure why Chic would say I'd done something I hadn't, but I want to believe the theories that they were deceived. Everyone has made good arguments and I'm not too sus of Chic at this exact moment.

Unyeet Chic, yeet wonda @kaydubs @WildZoo

I feel like you probably did this to cover your tracks since if both gecko and chic flipped village then no one would suspect you

I think people are thinking way too highly of my strats but I appreciate it 🥲

• Haha
Says the person who invented the antiwagon hypothesis!

Welp, I'll be honest. I couldn't catch up on the chat today. Looks like everyone's pilling on Wondalfy, but I have a hard think susing her... I'm just going to go with

Yeet zuri. @WildZoo @kaydubs

That's who my sus was on the last couple days, and proving roles doesn't mean proving village. I'll catch up on the chat tonight hopefully.

• Care
Day 8 Vote Tally: Who Knows the End?

zuri (1) - katykat
chic (1) - Wondalfy
Gecko ()
Wondalfy (6) - PlumPoppy, runner, chic, zuri, fluff, Gecko

8/8 votes

Wining: @Wondalfy
Missing:
No one!

Deadline: 10pm EST (~18 minutes)

12TDx.jpeg

• Love
Welp, I'll be honest. I couldn't catch up on the chat today. Looks like everyone's pilling on Wondalfy, but I have a hard think susing her... I'm just going to go with

Yeet zuri. @WildZoo @kaydubs

That's who my sus was on the last couple days, and proving roles doesn't mean proving village. I'll catch up on the chat tonight hopefully.
Understandable! I’m hoping wonda’s flip will clear me because otherwise this looks real bad for me.