Noob WW Game 2022 Sign Ups: All New WW Players Welcome! (CLOSED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please select your top two start dates

• December 26th

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • December 27th

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • December 28th

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • December 29th

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
@Wondalfy @pibblemom @matthirten13 @VeggieTrex @humanserviette

Dual programs are hard and stressful! You know what helps to take the stress away? Playing WW! You can even bond with other duallies (case in point, @WildZoo and I are IRL pals now even though we're at different programs, and we met through WW :biglove: ) and commiserate over the stress of your programs. Think you'll be too busy? It takes sufficiently little time out of your day that I was able to play in the global WW championship while writing my PhD thesis. Check it out!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I am finished up with finals now, and sufficiently curious!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
True Manatees (0-3 games)
1. miranda920
2. eleanor713
3. PlumPoppy
4. cobrien01
5. Speechy (maybe)
6. mayo (they'll never notice - I notice)
7. gs38
8. futuredogtor614
9. katiemcat
10. @VeggieTrex ?
etc.

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-13 games)

Manators (14+ games) - please do not fill more slots than the number of manatees who have signed up
1. AM
2. shortypants
14. Sporty
4. Lumi
5. Zenge142
6. PSV
13. Barkley13
8. WonderingStudent
9. @SARdoghandler

Waiting List/Subs - If you are a grasshopper, padawan, or manator looking to sign up but spots are full, please add your name to this list and indicate your correct categorization.

10. MKG (manator)
11. @Santygrass (bananator)?

Tots
1. Lawpy

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Dual programs are hard and stressful! You know what helps to take the stress away? Playing WW! You can even bond with other duallies (case in point, @WildZoo and I are IRL pals now even though we're at different programs, and we met through WW :biglove: ) and commiserate over the stress of your programs. Think you'll be too busy? It takes sufficiently little time out of your day that I was able to play in the global WW championship while writing my PhD thesis. Check it out!
It sounds wonderful and right up my alley from what I just read -- I used to play Mafia in the Starcraft 2 Arcade and played Town of Salem in the past as well! But idk if I have the willpower to commit to posting on the forums twice a day every day. At the moment, I stay up late programming on side projects and then have my actual job in the lab come morning, so I feel like I'd miss some of the night cycles.

How often do the noob games occur?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
It sounds wonderful and right up my alley from what I just read -- I used to play Mafia in the Starcraft 2 Arcade and played Town of Salem in the past as well! But idk if I have the willpower to commit to posting on the forums twice a day every day. At the moment, I stay up late programming on side projects and then have my actual job in the lab come morning, so I feel like I'd miss some of the night cycles.

How often do the noob games occur?
There is no requirement to be active during the night cycle other than making sure to submit an action if you have one. Typically it's best to read the thread and make at least 5 posts during the day cycle.

Noob games run once a year, but we always welcome new players during any game throughout the rest of the year as well :)

Reactions: 2 users
There is no requirement to be active during the night cycle other than making sure to submit an action if you have one. Typically it's best to read the thread and make at least 5 posts during the day cycle.

Noob games run once a year, but we always welcome new players during any game throughout the rest of the year as well :)
To add to this, you might be surprised by how easy it is to make that many posts during the day, you can get really into it :heckyeah:

@LuminousLag started out playing mafia through SC2 also!!

I'll try it :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
1. miranda920
2. eleanor713
3. PlumPoppy
4. cobrien01
5. Speechy (maybe)
7. gs38
8. futuredogtor614
9. katiemcat
10. VeggieTrex
11. HW_88
etc.

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-13 games)

Manators (14+ games) - please do not fill more slots than the number of manatees who have signed up
1. AM
2. shortypants
14. Sporty
4. Lumi
5. Zenge142
6. PSV
13. Barkley13
8. WonderingStudent
9. SARdoghandler
10. @mkg323

Waiting List/Subs - If you are a grasshopper, padawan, or manator looking to sign up but spots are full, please add your name to this list and indicate your correct categorization.

11. Santygrass (bananator)

Tots
1. Lawpy

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. miranda920
2. eleanor713
3. PlumPoppy
4. cobrien01
5. Speechy (maybe)
7. gs38
8. futuredogtor614
9. katiemcat
10. VeggieTrex
11. HW_88
etc.

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-13 games)

1. AM
2. shortypants
14. Sporty
4. Lumi
5. Zenge142
6. PSV
13. Barkley13
8. WonderingStudent
9. SARdoghandler
10. mkg323

11. Santygrass (bananator)
12. @alleycat03 (manator)
15. @Viscernable (manator)
16. @Aprilthearab ?

Tots
1. Lawpy

• Love

Sure, sounds fun! I've never played Mafia, but I used to play Town of Salem a LOT, so I'm definitely interested. :)

• Love
1. miranda920
2. eleanor713
3. PlumPoppy
4. cobrien01
5. Speechy (maybe)
7. gs38
8. futuredogtor614
9. katiemcat
10. VeggieTrex
11. HW_88
12. Wondalfy
etc.

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-13 games)

1. AM
2. shortypants
14. Sporty
4. Lumi
5. Zenge142
6. PSV
13. Barkley13
8. WonderingStudent
9. SARdoghandler
10. mkg323
11. @Santygrass

12. alleycat03 (manator)
15. Viscernable (manator)
16. Aprilthearab ?

Tots
1. Lawpy

Reactions: 1 users
I've convinced Mr. Dina to play :1devilish:

We're on vacation rn so he'll make an account tonight and I can manator him.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
@PlumPoppy @guen16 @flotus @emantis2 @DVMGoals77 @dogtorschmogtor @makiccino @sonalii @kneumo @llamagirl620 @Bears! @moony22 @riderrapidash @MintyMoose @Nannarnaluk @MMLJT3 @anonymousbean @miranda920 @vetmedislife7 @tnkim88 @ACDinosaur @Bostiegirl29 @eleanor713

Do you like fun? Games? Murder mysteries? Looking for something to do over the holiday break while waiting to hear from schools? Try playing a game of WW (description in the first post)! I've made some of my best friends in vet school through playing on this forum, it's a ton of fun. Check it out!
If you guys still have room I'll try!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
If you guys still have room I'll try!
There's always room!!!

1. miranda920
2. eleanor713
3. PlumPoppy
4. cobrien01
5. Speechy (maybe)
7. gs38
8. futuredogtor614
9. katiemcat
10. VeggieTrex
11. HW_88
12. Wondalfy
13. Mr. Dina [username pending]
14. @riderrapidash
etc.

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-13 games)

1. AM
2. shortypants
14. Sporty
4. Lumi
5. Zenge142
6. PSV
13. Barkley13
8. WonderingStudent
9. SARdoghandler
10. mkg323
11. Santygrass
17. DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENA
12. @alleycat03

15. Viscernable (manator)
16. Aprilthearab ?
18. @genny

Tots
1. Lawpy

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Agree!

I've met some of these WW peeps in real life and they're right fine peeps - when they're NOT LUNCHING ME!!!!

• Haha
  • Love
  • Care
Santy manatoring too! Hype!!

• Love
@ButterflyEffect<3 @thoffman1496 @DVMGoals77 @KuriousKitten @mayathecalico17 @nz99 @Destiny Dalesandro @lis1127 @rcas_00 @TinyTheRunner @Dani2020 @Kim_Woodpecker @Dr.SnowWhite @gmaf @arm99

Waiting to hear from schools? Struggling through the final stretch of first year? How about a fun, exciting game over the holiday break? Meet some of your [future or current] classmates! Plot to murder them i mean solve who's murdering other people because of course it's not you! Play with some of the upperclassmen repping Penn (@weagle_weagle @Dana_May_B grasshopper/padawan pls? 🥺 ) or even get manatored by @mkg323!

The first post in the thread explains it really well, but we're all happy to answer any questions! Come play!

@lbcsg1030 @sweetvalentin @faye @lxdns @Shyloh484 @beepboopbop1 @trynitylynn @kweis5 @Ali T @vetmedhopeful416 @PurplePeopleEater @Cami194 @Makenna @theriobabe @gbock19 @mercyfriend

The wait to hear from schools is stressful - but this community is more than application prep and support through the process! How about a fun, exciting game over the holiday break? Meet some of your [future or current] classmates! Solve murder mysteries - or pretend to solve them while sneakily killing people in the night! It's a great way to meet lots of other pre-vets/vets/human meds who sneak in here because WW is fun.

The first post in the thread has a lot of info, but we're always here to answer questions too!