Noob WW Game 2022 Sign Ups: All New WW Players Welcome! (CLOSED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please select your top two start dates

• December 26th

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • December 27th

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • December 28th

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • December 29th

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Waaaaaat? When did that happen?!? Congrats and I'm so sorry you're stuck in that state :laugh: (Though UC campus is acceptable, lol).
Stagg pls I graduated a year and a half ago šŸ˜‚

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
1. @justafluff
2. @Dana_May_B
3. @Vet01
4. @Zeppelyn
5. @lumya
6. @violetvett
7. @Booksandshoes
8. @Melchizedek
9. @weagle_weagle
10. @bluestoat
11. @AceHydro
12. @Halocat
13. @potentialsheltervet
14. @Miyamiya
15. @motheatenlysis
16. @BiranM54
17. @IvyMoose
18. @kdswg
19. @puppydogtor
20. @WorthlessOxygen
21. @FeedMeSeymour
22. @PhiloslothicalStudent
23. @The_Breadmann
24. @mkg323
25. @TelemarketingEnigma

Hello, you all played the noob game last year! Some of you are now eligible to be mentors! Some of you are eligible to be padawans and grasshoppers! Some never joined us again, but should consider giving it a second go!

...Some of you are Mel!
Some? Thereā€™s more than one? Identity theft is nothing to laugh at. I will hunt you imposters down.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
@gravytrain30 @tmjjj @sw2090 @"Stats?ok_but_Stats_tho?" @Ltm1234 @Haldoperidol @itsblast @biggiesmallz @hopethisworks @Mamainmed @yatosmato @usnpsnut @futuredesidoc @TiramisuLover99 @drthedude @echoechoechoecho @braveheart888 @fluffycookie1231 @Starohoe1211 @agraddownbad @artdr @jee123 @M926 @Jeld78

Hello, pre-DOs, soon-to-be DO students, and current DO student!

You're probably thinking to yourself "why in the heck did I get tagged in a thread in pre-vet, that's surely a mistake." And you would be wrong! This is very intentional. Because just like the concept of OneHealth, intermingling of the human meds and the vetty meds is fun! Also we're a pretty cool bunch, I say humbly, and y'all probably are too.

Do you like murder mysteries? Solving crimes? Catching bad guys? This might be the thread for you. Alternatively, do you like being the one committing the crimes? Throwing twists in the way of people trying to solve? Doing things for ... shiggles? :heckyeah:

Either way, we're cordially inviting you to join us for our annual noob game of forum-based Werewolf (also called Mafia, you may have played it in person before)! It's super fun, not a big time commitment, and a great way to get to know some of your colleagues! A lot of us who play are in the vet med world, but samac, Lawpy, holdthemayo, and more human med people play regularly too!

There's more info in the first post of the thread if you think you might be interested but are like "what the happ is heckening here?". Come play!! :biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you like murder mysteries? Solving crimes? Catching bad guys? This might be the thread for you. Alternatively, do you like being the one committing the crimes? Throwing twists in the way of people trying to solve? Doing things for ... shiggles? :heckyeah:

Come for the fun, stay for the murder, and join your attendings in the chaos. @hallowmann , @Mad Jack , back me up here.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Come for the fun, stay for the murder, and join your attendings in the chaos. @hallowmann , @Mad Jack , back me up here.
I'm still recovering from the shock of my PI walking into lab and calling me wolfy one day because he'd somehow found out that I play :laugh:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
U guise are old

Says the vet school grad. Welcome to the club.

1671813554145.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Noob game WW is my kind of WW. Down to be a grasshopper (I've played 4 games) if we start on 12/26!

We have a quarter system here so I am smacked with exams as soon as winter break ends so I'd opt out of playing if it's starting later. And I can just tot then :)

• Love
I'm still recovering from the shock of my PI walking into lab and calling me wolfy one day because he'd somehow found out that I play :laugh:
No wows needed, @matthirten13, made it easier for me to be blatantly playing the champs finale during a lab retreat dinner because I'd said I needed to leave (it was a vote close night) and when asked why, I could be honest, and instead of letting me leave, he told me to just pull my computer out there and I got to do vote close with him and half my lab peering over my shoulder lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Noob game WW is my kind of WW. Down to be a grasshopper (I've played 4 games) if we start on 12/26!

We have a quarter system here so I am smacked with exams as soon as winter break ends so I'd opt out of playing if it's starting later. And I can just tot then :)
Would the 28th be too late? That has the most votes currently. Cycles will be 12/12 so if roster numbers stay roughly where they are the game shouldn't last more than 10 days.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No wows needed, @matthirten13, made it easier for me to be blatantly playing the champs finale during a lab retreat dinner because I'd said I needed to leave (it was a vote close night) and when asked why, I could be honest, and instead of letting me leave, he told me to just pull my computer out there and I got to do vote close with him and half my lab peering over my shoulder lmao
Sounds like a chill lab

Would the 28th be too late? That has the most votes currently. Cycles will be 12/12 so if roster numbers stay roughly where they are the game shouldn't last more than 10 days.
I go back to school on the 3rd so I probably wouldn't play if it starts then - I don't want to be inactive if I make it to end game. I am fine totting, though!

• Care
Hey I'd like to give it a try! Manatee pls! :D

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Ugh I wish I could play!! But I work nightshift full time now and would never be around :( maybe Iā€™ll tot

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Alright. One final try so I don't cut it too close to the deadline.

• Care
@juri179 @ashes7 @yelenaMV @WSUalumDVMhopeful

Tired of waiting to hear back from schools? Looking for a convenient excuse to duck out of family gatherings for a few minutes here and there? (oh no my introvert is showing)

Do you enjoy suspense? *~drama~*? Wild accusations and baseless assumptions, like a game of telephone but with murder? Winning big prizes?

Well, the last part is only wishful thinking, but the rest of it is legit! If you ever played Mafia at parties, this is the game for you - the forum-based version! And if you never played it before, what better time to give it a try than when you're waiting and stressed? The first post in this thread gives a lot of information on what's happening, in case you're confused.

Come play! :biglove:

I counted my PMs and think I am a few games shy of manator/probably wouldnā€™t have time to do it well anyway/definitely donā€™t have time to actively play, so tot me in plz!

• Care
@cc9836 @adhdmed @LetMeInMN @trailblazer43 @Justkeeplivin @issslinggling @HunterLego @abostwi2 @TikTokDok @Unconditionalloves @mikeygrapes @LoKIG @88stormz @YouCanLearnAnything @LSAT @itskatniss @sweetbubble414 @Dr. Uchiha @Premed1115 @poiems @total_tradegy22 @orionary @joclarc @yaya212 @noifsandsorbutts @Gilbaka @Lithium Carbonate @snowMNgirl @galaxybrain @Ris246 @Hagermeister @northern_hummingbird @GopherIt96 @Mn4Life @archfiend23 @JAK2-STAT3 @korosenseiMD

Hello, pre-meds, soon-to-be med students, and a couple current med students (at my school šŸ‘€) !

You're probably thinking to yourself "why in the heck did I get tagged in a thread in pre-vet, that's surely a mistake." It is not! This is very intentional. Because just like the concept of OneHealth, intermingling of the human meds and the vetty meds is fun! Also we're a pretty cool bunch, I say humbly, and y'all probably are too.

Either way, you are cordially invited to join us for our annual noob game of forum-based Werewolf (also called Mafia, you may have played it in person before?)! It's super fun, not a big time commitment, and a great way to get to know some of your colleagues! A lot of us who play are in the vet med world, but we've got a bunch of human med people who play regularly too (plus some randos we've picked up along the way who don't know how they got here)!

There's more info in the first post of the thread if you think you might be interested but are like "what the happ is heckening here?". Come play!! :biglove:

True Manatees (0-3 games)
1. miranda920
2. eleanor713
3. PlumPoppy
4. cobrien01
5. @pulley
6. mayo (they'll never notice - I notice)
7. gs38
8. futuredogtor614
9. katiemcat
10. VeggieTrex
11. HW_88
12. Wondalfy
13. mightyrunner7
14. riderrapidash
15. beepboopbop1
16. pxton
17. chicandtoughness
18. motheatenlysis
19. CaptNemo
20. Zuriburi
21. matthirten13
etc.

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-13 games)
1. Fluff

Manators (14+ games) - please do not fill more slots than the number of manatees who have signed up
1. AM
2. shortypants
14. Sporty
4. Lumi
5. Zenge142
6. PSV
13. Barkley13
8. WonderingStudent
9. SARdoghandler
10. mkg323
11. Santygrass
17. DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENA
12. alleycat03
15. Viscernable
16. Aprilthearab
18. genny
3. samac
7. NateyNateson the Greatson

Waiting List/Subs - If you are a grasshopper, padawan, or manator looking to sign up but spots are full, please add your name to this list and indicate your correct categorization.

etc.

Tots
1. Lawpy

Current tees: 20
Current manators: 18

1. miranda920
2. eleanor713
3. PlumPoppy
4. cobrien01
5. pulley
6. mayo (they'll never notice - I notice)
7. gs38
8. futuredogtor614
9. katiemcat
10. VeggieTrex
11. HW_88
12. Wondalfy
13. mightyrunner7
14. riderrapidash
15. beepboopbop1
16. pxton
17. chicandtoughness
18. motheatenlysis
19. CaptNemo
20. Zuriburi
21. matthirten13
22. GeckoKD6

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-13 games)
1. Fluff

Manators (14+ games) - please do not fill more slots than the number of manatees who have signed up
1. AM
2. shortypants
14. Sporty
4. Lumi
5. Zenge142
6. PSV
13. Barkley13
8. WonderingStudent
9. SARdoghandler
10. mkg323
11. Santygrass
17. DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENA
12. alleycat03
15. Viscernable
16. Aprilthearab
18. genny
3. samac
7. NateyNateson the Greatson

Waiting List/Subs - If you are a grasshopper, padawan, or manator looking to sign up but spots are full, please add your name to this list and indicate your correct categorization.

etc.

Tots
1. Lawpy

Current tees: 21

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Happy holidays!!
Signups softly closed. Please let the mods know if you are no longer available.
G E T H Y P E D

1. @miranda920
2. @eleanor713
3. @PlumPoppy
4. @cobrien01
5. @pulley
6. @holdthemayo
7. @gs38
8. @futuredogtor614
9. @katiemcat
10. @VeggieTrex
11. @HW_88
12. @Wondalfy
13. @mightyrunner7
14. @riderrapidash
15. @beepboopbop1
16. @pxton
17. @chicandtoughness
18. @motheatenlysis
19. @CaptNemo
20. @zuriburi
21. @matthirten13
22. @GeckoKD6

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-13 games)
1. @justafluff

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @supershorty
14. @SportPonies
4. @LuminousLag
5. @Zenge142
6. @potentialsheltervet
13. @Barkley13
8. @WonderingStudent
9. @SARdoghandler
10. @mkg323
11. @Santygrass
17. @Dinashadow
12. @alleycat03
15. @Viscernable
16. @Aprilthearab
18. @genny
3. @samac
7. @NateTheLesser

etc.

Tots
1. Lawpy
2. @WorthlessOxygen
3. @kdswg
4. @puppydogtor
There are more will add eventually

Current tees: 22

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Uh... I saw I was tagged. I could manator if I was needed but there are probably better tors out there.
You were an amazing manator and I would like more siblings please! :biglove:

• Love
1. @justafluff
2. @Dana_May_B
3. @Vet01
4. @Zeppelyn
5. @lumya
6. @violetvett
7. @Booksandshoes
8. @Melchizedek
9. @weagle_weagle
10. @bluestoat
11. @AceHydro
12. @Halocat
13. @potentialsheltervet
14. @Miyamiya
15. @motheatenlysis
16. @BiranM54
17. @IvyMoose
18. @kdswg
19. @puppydogtor
20. @WorthlessOxygen
21. @FeedMeSeymour
22. @PhiloslothicalStudent
23. @The_Breadmann
24. @mkg323
25. @TelemarketingEnigma

Hello, you all played the noob game last year! Some of you are now eligible to be mentors! Some of you are eligible to be padawans and grasshoppers! Some never joined us again, but should consider giving it a second go!

...Some of you are Mel!
Just saw this lol crazy holiday. I will def try to join a game in the future

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users

ALL MANATEE/TOR CHATS HAVE BEEN OPENED. IF YOU ARE A MANATEE OR MANATOR AND DID NOT RECEIVE A PM, PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP.

Manatees please respond in the PM so that we know you are still planning to play.

The plan is currently for roles to go out tomorrow evening and the game thread to open Wednesday morning.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Just saw this lol crazy holiday. I will def try to join a game in the future
Like Halocat I just saw this because I didn't get my usual notification from SDN unfortunately. I am a little late to the party. Anyways, I just wanted to wish all the noobs good luck. I have played in the last 2 noob games and both were a fun way of interacting with other people on SDN.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Like Halocat I just saw this because I didn't get my usual notification from SDN unfortunately. I am a little late to the party. Anyways, I just wanted to wish all the noobs good luck. I have played in the last 2 noob games and both were a fun way of interacting with other people on SDN.
Waaaah, same. Looks like fun, I'll have to jump in on the next one!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users