Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
federal financial aid is a go. they emailed out the school code today

Whoever interviewed 2/24 (or later), please quote me when you hear back!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who's been accepted, waitlisted, or denied how did they let you know (email, phone, mail)? I interviewed on Jan 30th and I have yet to hear back anything.

Bonus from the dress code section:

"whenever school is in session, generally from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday."

That's very concerning. Looks like I'm going to have to start snorting powered caffeine.

So is there a dress code? We have to wear professional clothes to class?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone who's been accepted, waitlisted, or denied how did they let you know (email, phone, mail)? I interviewed on Jan 30th and I have yet to hear back anything.

Got an acceptance call.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Who would you recommend sending thank you/update emails to? I sent one to Dr. Fudge, Dr. Stowers, and Dr. Nath (one of my interviewers). Anyone else I should include?

Any word yet from early February interviews?

I interviewed 1/30 and still nothing. Anyone else from that day still waiting?

First time posting but this group has been super helpful for me.

I emailed Mandy about the documents. The online portal for managing all of the matriculation documents will be up sometime next week and we'll receive an update through email then.
Any new news about this? I haven't received anything.

Who would you recommend sending thank you/update emails to? I sent one to Dr. Fudge, Dr. Stowers, and Dr. Nath (one of my interviewers). Anyone else I should include?

Gave up my waitlist spot for you

I interviewed on the 30th. Just got the letter that I was waitlisted

Anyone on this thread live in the fort smith area? I am looking for a nice, pet friendly, not overly expensive apartment close to the school. I was wanting to live in the school apartments but my dog weighs a few pounds over the limit and I do not think they are going to allow him to live there. Thanks!

Anyone on this thread live in the fort smith area? I am looking for a nice, pet friendly, not overly expensive apartment close to the school. I was wanting to live in the school apartments but my dog weighs a few pounds over the limit and I do not think they are going to allow him to live there. Thanks!
I think Addison Place has like a 30 or 35 lb limit. It's by the airport (very centrally located) and probably a 5-7 minute drive to the school. They won't be as updated as the school apartments or The Reserve (theirs is a 15lb limit) though. A better option might be to look into some of the duplexes that are being built right around the campus! I'm not sure on their prices though

Get your doctor to write a letter saying that your dog is a "comfort" pet that is necessary for you to have with you. They'll let it stay in the campus apartments with the physician letter

Last edited:
I think Addison Place has like a 30 or 35 lb limit. It's by the airport (very centrally located) and probably a 5-7 minute drive to the school. They won't be as updated as the school apartments or The Reserve (theirs is a 15lb limit) though. A better option might be to look into some of the duplexes that are being built right around the campus! I'm not sure on their prices though
Thank you!

Interview 2/13 - waitlist letter in the mail today. Anyone have details about this waitlist and how it works? I don't remember covering it on interview day.

Have there been any interviews since 2/24? Does anybody still not know?

I just an acceptance call!!! Aaaahhhhhh!

Congrats!!! When did you interview? I was waitlisted back in December and really want to attend this school. I haven't heard an acceptance or rejection since I was waitlisted. I just received a call a while ago when they were going through the waitlist and asking people to confirm whether or not they wanted to stay on it. I REALLY want to get in here! Wish me luck!

Congrats!!! When did you interview? I was waitlisted back in December and really want to attend this school. I haven't heard an acceptance or rejection since I was waitlisted. I just received a call a while ago when they were going through the waitlist and asking people to confirm whether or not they wanted to stay on it. I REALLY want to get in here! Wish me luck!

I interviewed on December 12 and got waitlisted a couple weeks after. I hope to see you in July! Good luck!

Does anyone know what the system requirements are? Also, is there an accepted students day? I haven't gotten an email yet. He said it would be Monday

Has anyone sent in their transcripts yet? If so, what department did you address them to?

Does anyone know what the system requirements are? Also, is there an accepted students day? I haven't gotten an email yet. He said it would be Monday
During our interview, we were told that they would be more Windows-based. Also, I've been accepted for a few months and haven't heard a peep about an accepted students day. We did receive an email saying that orientation starts July 31, a family day is on Sept. 15, and our white coat ceremony is on Sept. 16.

Has anyone sent in their transcripts yet? If so, what department did you address them to?
A matriculation requirement is "Submission of final official transcript(s), not previously provided to AACOMAS, from all colleges or universities attended prior to matriculation." Unless you have classes in progress, I don't think you have to worry about it; if you do, then I guess contact them or wait for more information. I think most people at this point are just waiting for more information to be released. From what our matriculation agreement said, I expected to hear more by now, but it's been pretty quiet lately.

During our interview, we were told that they would be more Windows-based. Also, I've been accepted for a few months and haven't heard a peep about an accepted students day. We did receive an email saying that orientation starts July 31, a family day is on Sept. 15, and our white coat ceremony is on Sept. 16.

A matriculation requirement is "Submission of final official transcript(s), not previously provided to AACOMAS, from all colleges or universities attended prior to matriculation." Unless you have classes in progress, I don't think you have to worry about it; if you do, then I guess contact them or wait for more information. I think most people at this point are just waiting for more information to be released. From what our matriculation agreement said, I expected to hear more by now, but it's been pretty quiet lately.

I'll be going on a tour with my family on Friday and I'll see if I can find more out then

Reactions: 1 users