Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well it's official! I paid my final deposit. Can't wait to meet everyone in July

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know their average MCAT, or MCAT acceptance range?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students facebook page? I clicked on a link but it didn't work

it seems that the entire anatomy course will go for just 12 weeks? I thought it will go for the entire semester or the year. Is that good or bad? what do you guys think?

it seems that the entire anatomy course will go for just 12 weeks? I thought it will go for the entire semester or the year. Is that good or bad? what do you guys think?

I wouldn't be surprised if it came back around during the second year with the helical curriculum

Reactions: 1 user
I just gave up my seat here. Really loved the school and I hope this seat goes to someone here that really wants it :) Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Gonna give up my seat here. Really awesome faculty and school so I hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
What are the deposit deadlines? Just wondering if there will be any more waitlist movement...

What are the deposit deadlines? Just wondering if there will be any more waitlist movement...

You're given a week from your offer date to put down the first deposits and then 30 days from the offer to put down the second

received a phone call a while ago but in class and can't pick up-no voicemail left. does anyone know why they are calling this week?

Got a call yesterday, accepted from the waitlist :). So excited, keep your chin up waitlisted friends.

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted from the waitlist early this week as well! I look forward to meeting everyone soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to be officially giving up my spot here in the next day or two.

It's been a crazy ride! Good luck, everybody!

For those who are accepted, do you remember what they said about class hours?

Is it going to be from 8 - 3 or 5 everyday?

Classes are mandatory correct?

For those who are accepted, do you remember what they said about class hours?

Is it going to be from 8 - 3 or 5 everyday?

Classes are mandatory correct?

I believe that the time classes end every day probably depends on which classes are scheduled for that day. Anatomy exam days may run longer than other days.

Yes, classes are mandatory.

Last edited:
Omg! Just got the call from Ms. Keyes...accepted off the waitlist! :playful:

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone who is from Fort Smith recommend which side of town has the safest neighborhoods?

Can anyone who is from Fort Smith recommend which side of town has the safest neighborhoods?
North side of town is the rougher side for sure. For a landmark, that's near Sparks hospital. Everywhere else I would feel fine. The only problems you might have is if you leave your car unlocked at night. That's about as bad as it gets around here fortunately!

I'm not on this page much, but if you all have specific apartment complexes you have questions about, PM me or tag me on here and I'll give you my honest opinion. Congrats on getting in!

If I remember right, I'm pretty sure it's only a background check...no essays

Did any accepted students get the email about the anatomical sciences prep course?
Do you plan on attending??

So I was rejected last year and already have my applications sent out in Aacomas and amcas for the next cycle and have been studying for the mcat like crazy. But just got a call today re offering acceptance into arcom for this fall! Just a little stoked!!
If anyone is looking for a roommate on campus...let me know!
very nervous but very excited!

Reactions: 3 users
So I was rejected last year and already have my applications sent out in Aacomas and amcas for the next cycle and have been studying for the mcat like crazy. But just got a call today re offering acceptance into arcom for this fall! Just a little stoked!!
If anyone is looking for a roommate on campus...let me know!
very nervous but very excited!

Wow that's awesome! Congratulations!