Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I was rejected last year and already have my applications sent out in Aacomas and amcas for the next cycle and have been studying for the mcat like crazy. But just got a call today re offering acceptance into arcom for this fall! Just a little stoked!!
If anyone is looking for a roommate on campus...let me know!
very nervous but very excited!
I'm confused. You were rejected at ARCOM and then offered a seat?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused. You were rejected at ARCOM and then offered a seat?
yeah, pretty crazy eh? they said at the end of the application cycle they go back through and look at applicants "who fell through the cracks"

Reactions: 1 users
it seems that the entire anatomy course will go for just 12 weeks? I thought it will go for the entire semester or the year. Is that good or bad? what do you guys think?
Every student I have talked to (DO and MD) as well as surgical residents say that it did not help with anything at all. They all say that it is more a traditional milestone if anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of movement off the waitlist the last few days. If you are waitlisted, hang in there--your chances may be better than you thought.

yeah, pretty crazy eh? they said at the end of the application cycle they go back through and look at applicants "who fell through the cracks"
Congratulations! That's pretty awesome.

Anybody have tips for coping through mandatory classes? I like class interaction and all, but know I personally get more out of reviewing on my own and am anxious about the lack of independent study time.

Anybody have tips for coping through mandatory classes? I like class interaction and all, but know I personally get more out of reviewing on my own and am anxious about the lack of independent study time.
I was also wondering about this.
Are we required to meet with small groups outside of class?
Will it be lecture followed by group based learning?

I think things are a bit uncertain when it comes to how these learning elements will play out but when we receive our orientation packets, hopefully they'll include a class schedule and we may know more...if not, I'll try to report back after orientation

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi all,
Did everyone get get the requirements sent by Mandy Keyes?
Does this mean we have to get a Windows 10 laptop and MACs wont work at all??

Hearsay is that Windows 10 installed with bootcamp on mac didn't pass IT's testing requirements (crashed for some application).

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was rejected last year and already have my applications sent out in Aacomas and amcas for the next cycle and have been studying for the mcat like crazy. But just got a call today re offering acceptance into arcom for this fall! Just a little stoked!!
If anyone is looking for a roommate on campus...let me know!
very nervous but very excited!

happened to 2 people who interviewed with me too!

Reactions: 2 users
Random question - will we be able to print at the school for free?
If so, does this include color?

This is bad news for me

She did say that we'd get $100 automatically loaded to our cards but I'm not sure how far that will go. I'm making the switch to electronic notes on OneNote. If you can get a laptop with a pen writing capability it will make things much easier

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello all, I cannot find what the secondary prompts are for ARCOM, I assume because they're so new the info just isn't on the web yet. Could any of you elaborate on what the secondary prompts were?

Hello all, I cannot find what the secondary prompts are for ARCOM, I assume because they're so new the info just isn't on the web yet. Could any of you elaborate on what the secondary prompts were?
No secondary prompt. At least last year there wasn't.....

Reactions: 1 users
Hi. I received a II and was accepted here last year so if you have any questions PM me. I loved the school!!!! I looked through my email and found the secondary (copy and pasted below). I believe that it is by invitation only and is $50.

Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Secondary Application Form
Required
1. Application DateRequired to answer
Date Format M/d/yyyy

2. AACOMAS IDRequired to answer
3. First NameRequired to answer
4. Middle NameRequired to answer
5. Last NameRequired to answer
6. Preferred Name
7. Date of BirthRequired to answer
Date Format M/d/yyyy
Jun

. GenderRequired to answer
Male
Female
9. Street AddressRequired to answer
10. CityRequired to answer
11. StateRequired to answer
12. Zip CodeRequired to answer
13. Telephone NumberRequired to answer
14. Email AddressRequired to answer
15. Country of BirthRequired to answer
16. U.S. Citizen?Required to answer
Yes
No
17. If you answered "No" to question 16, are you a Permanent Resident?
Yes
No
18. If you answered "Yes" to question 17, please provide your age when you entered U.S.
19. If you answered "Yes" to question 17, please provide your Green Card Number
20. If in the U.S. on a Temporary Visa or Other Status (Please Explain)
21. Please give your Father's or Guardian's Highest Level of EducationRequired to answer
Select your answer
22. Please give your Mother's or Guardian's Highest Level of EducationRequired to answer
Select your answer
23. Please provide the ZIP code for your middle/junior high SchoolRequired to answer
24. Please give the population of the city where your middle school was/is locatedRequired to answer
For assistance in finding your city’s population, please visit the following link: http://www.census.gov/popest/data/cities/totals/2015/SUB-EST2015-3.html
25. Please provide the ZIP code for your high schoolRequired to answer
26. Please give the population of the city where your high school was/is locatedRequired to answer
For assistance in finding your city’s population, please visit the following link: http://www.census.gov/popest/data/cities/totals/2015/SUB-EST2015-3.html
27. Are there any healthcare professionals in your family?Required to answer
Yes
No
28. If you answered "Yes" to Question 27, please list his/her relationship to you and occupation in the space provided below.
29. Are there any graduate professionals in your family?Required to answer
Yes
No
30. If you answered "Yes" to Question 29, please list his/her relationship to you and occupation in the space provided below.
31. Volunteer Experience
Please add any significant volunteer, community service and/or mission experience not previously listed on your AACOMAS application. Provide the organization name, hours per week and duration of experience as well as a brief description of your involvement.
32. Certificate Information
Please list any additional certificates obtained in the space provided. Provide certificate name, description and date obtained/expected.
33. Have you ever attended a medical school as a candidate for a D.O. or M.D. degree?Required to answer
Yes
No
34. If you answered "Yes" to question 33, please specify
35. Have you ever attended any other colleges to study other healthcare professions?Required to answer
Yes
No
36. If you answered "Yes" to question 35, please specify
37. Please list any higher education not previously submitted on your AACOMAS application. Provide Institution name, dates attended, degree obtained/expected.
38. Criminal HistoryRequired to answer
Have you ever been charged with a misdemeanor, felony, summary charge, or any other criminal charge (whether or not you were convicted or even if you were told it was expunged, these charges will often show up on a background check)? This includes traffic/moving violations (i.e. speeding tickets, driving under influence) but excludes parking violations.
Yes
No
39. Criminal History
Please be advised that hospitals where you will complete clinical training require a background check. This background check is obtained prior to matriculation and again during your enrollment at ARCOM. Failure to provide accurate and complete information including all criminal charges (whether or not you were convicted) or previous or pending criminal charges which resulted in a conviction, may result in revoking your offer of admission or placement of stipulations on your offer of admission. Additionally, if you have a new charge since completing this application or a pending criminal charge which you disclosed and results in a conviction, it is your responsibility to immediately inform ARCOM. Note that new charges or convictions could impact your offer of admission or result in stipulations being placed on your offer.
40. Have you ever been subject to revocation of a professional license or been censured, reprimanded or placed on probation for reasons relating to professional competence or conduct by a state licensing authority?
Yes
No
41. Have you ever had disciplinary action taken against you by any professional society or professional association?
Yes
No
42. Have you ever been subject to disciplinary action for academic or other reasons in any of the colleges, universities, graduate, or professional schools that you attended?
Yes
No
43. Are there any disciplinary actions pending or expected to be brought against you?
Yes
No
44. Have you ever been treated for problems with alcohol or drugs?
Yes
No
45. Are there any other factors (or special circumstances) that might limit your ability to complete the ARCOM program or be certified for licensure?
Yes
No
46. If you answered "Yes" to any of the above "Statement of Disciplinary Action" questions, please provide additional information.
47. Accuracy CertificationRequired to answer
Candidates are required to acknowledge their ability and willingness to comply with the college’s technical standards, policies on attendance, dress code, requirements for participation in osteopathic teaching and education, ARCOM student professional and academic conduct and responsibility policies. Technical Standards for Admission to ARCOM can be found in the ARCOM Academic Catalog. I certify that all information provided on this application is true and accurate, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief, and is made in good faith. I know and understand that any and all items contained herein are subject to verification and I consent to the full release of all information concerning my capacity and fitness for the educational program by employers, education institutions and other agencies. I agree that providing inaccurate or false information, or that failure to comply with ACHE/ARCOM policy may result in disciplinary action including dismissal. Throughout my enrollment, I agree to comply with the rules and regulations in the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine Student Handbook.
By checking this box and typing my name in Other(Check box also), I profess that I have read and agreed to the above statement. (This box must be checked in order to submit this form)
48. PayPal PaymentRequired to answer
Please click below to pay your $50 Secondary Application Fee via PayPal. Be sure to make note of your PayPal Transaction ID as you will be required to provide it in the field below before submitting your Secondary Application for official review. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZP3YM667KR2C6 Please enter your PayPal Transaction ID in the space provided below. You will receive a confirmation via email within approximately 24 hours of receipt of your complete application and payment. ARCOM Admissions will review your information and notify you by email as your status changes.
49. How did you hear about Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine? Please check all that apply.
Pre-professional advisor
D.O.
M.D.
Other Healthcare Professional
AOA
AACOM
Professional Organization
ARCOM Website
Media (TV/Radio/Print)
Social Media
Recruitment Materials
ARCOM Onsite Event
Internet

This content is created by the owner of the form. The data you submit will be sent to the form owner. Never give out your password.
Privacy and Cookies