2021-2022 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
During orientation, do we get tb test and drug test onsite and is there health insurance waiver if we have personal coverage?
Unfortunately the school will not be providing health insurance so it is our responsibility to find coverage. As far as I know, I believe having health insurance is required (I had to submit proof of coverage).

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you accepted off the WL recently, what time of day did they call you? TIA!

Husband was accepted of the waitlist just now!! We are over the moon! Keep up hope my friends!! Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. His journey is quite the story & is a true testament to never giving up hope.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just gave up my seat to attend my local school, KCU Kansas City. I hope this spot goes to one of you. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Rooting for you! 🤞🏻❤️

Reactions: 3 users
If you're in the MSB CLASS, feel free to join this group!

You're invited to join my group "MSB Class Of 2023!" on GroupMe. GroupMe

Hey guys! I was recently accepted to ARCOM and Im honestly super thankful and super blessed. If there are any current students please hmu, I have a lot of questions about the curriculum, the program, medical school in general, etc!

For those of you are still waiting, don't give up hope! I almost gave up, but trust me, every single one of you guys deserve to be a doctor. I'm praying for more waitlist movement so more of you guys can hear back soon and I'm wishing all of you the best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys! I was recently accepted to ARCOM and Im honestly super thankful and super blessed. If there are any current students please hmu, I have a lot of questions about the curriculum, the program, medical school in general, etc!

For those of you are still waiting, don't give up hope! I almost gave up, but trust me, every single one of you guys deserve to be a doctor. I'm praying for more waitlist movement so more of you guys can hear back soon and I'm wishing all of you the best of luck!
I’m so happy for you!!! It’s a blessing for sure. ARCOM is one of a kind.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who is on the housing waitlist been called yet for a spot? I’m wondering how likely it is that we would get housing at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know any waitlist specifics? i.e how many people are on the waitlist? What number on the list they are?

Got the call yesterday!! After being on the waitlist since November !!! so excited!

Just received a call from ARCOM about getting off the waitlist! I forgot to remove my name but as soon as I have a work break I will call and hopefully it goes to one of you guys! Hang in there! I interviewed I think in October or November I can't remember

does anyone know any waitlist specifics? i.e how many people are on the waitlist? What number on the list they are?
In their email they said there is no number and it doesn't matter they're going back through apps/notes and selecting people specifically not just on a list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a call to be taken off the WL! I have another A so I told him I wouldn’t be accepting the seat but I hope it goes to someone else without another A! Good luck everyone💗

Has Anyone here been taken off the housing waitlist yet for a 2 bedroom?

Just got accepted off the waitlist at ARCOM! So excited!

Unfortunately the school will not be providing health insurance so it is our responsibility to find coverage. As far as I know, I believe having health insurance is required (I had to submit proof of coverage).
Arkansas does have expanded Medicaid though. So as a student with $0 income, you are eligible to apply once you are living here.

Giving up my seat, hopefully, it goes to one of you guys.

Taken off the waitlist yesterday! So excited :))

• Love
Gave up my seat today! Good luck everyone! 🥹

• Love
Gave up my seat earlier today, good vibes to all still hangin in there! :)

Just got accepted!! I'm not sure what to do next lol someone help me

OMS1 Here.
Med school is tough. Extremely tough. There's no way around it.
But the people at ARCOM are so dedicated. And students are extremely supportive. This dedication makes the inevitable suffering that much more bearable. I don't think many other DO schools has such an environment. Also, don't pick schools based purely on location. Location won't matter. You'll be studying 15+ hours a day anyways. We push though every day knowing that everyone - our CEO, Dean, Professors, and everyone here - EVERYONE is doing absolutely the best they can
Hi! I wanted to message you about how your experience has been with the school but I can't message you

Hi! I wanted to message you about how your experience has been with the school but I can't message you
Weird. It should work. I'll message you.
edit: uhh, It won't let me message you....