2021-2022 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II scheduled for Jan 14th on campus. Anyone know the interview to acceptance rate is? Very excited about this school!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet or know how the waitlisting works at arcom? I have been waitlisted since September :/

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet or know how the waitlisting works at arcom? I have been waitlisted since September :/
we probably won't see much movement from the waitlist until Jan or later since they're still interviewing

I've been waitlisted since November, but I feel your pain. I hope we both get off it!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email rejection. Not bummed since I have other acceptances but I also want to know why I was rejected lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview invite. Interesting that interviews are both on-campus and virtual due to COVID. Does it look more favorable to attend the in-person interview compared to the virtual interview? Would it look bad if I chose the virtual interview over the in-person one? Any input would be appreciated.

Just got an interview invite. Interesting that interviews are both on-campus and virtual due to COVID. Does it look more favorable to attend the in-person interview compared to the virtual interview? Would it look bad if I chose the virtual interview over the in-person one? Any input would be appreciated.
Based on what I've seen so far, it doesn't matter unless you really want to see the town and campus in person. Refer back to around page 4 of this thread to see more details. Good luck with your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today. OOS 3.2 cGPA 501 MCAT Interviewed (virtually) 12/7

Last edited:
I got accepted via virtual and my stats are not super stellar.

Has anyone been accepted with an MCAT score of 496-498 range but is an otherwise stellar applicant?

Are there any current students or applicants that have had to choose between NYITCOM-AR and ARCOM? I’ve been accepted to both and am having a hard time making a decision. I was just wondering if anyone was in the same situation and could explain what helped them decide!

Any folks with not so stellar stats get accepted here?
Not stellers stats but 3x reapplicant with a great story imo, lots of community service/military/firefighter/publication/clinical hours/smp/extra classes on top of SMP. 503 and 3.6

Are there any social media groups for accepted students?

Those that have interviewed, what was schedule like? Is it interviews first then info presentation, medical students panel? Those who attended the meet and greet the night before. What was that like?

Those that have interviewed, what was schedule like? Is it interviews first then info presentation, medical students panel? Those who attended the meet and greet the night before. What was that like?
Yes, the interviews were scheduled first and then they commenced with their presentations and a lunch halfway through, where you get to interact with students (in-person interviews only). My meet and greet the day before was canceled.

I had some questions if anyone is able to answer them:
1) What is the exam schedule is like? LIke how often are tests?
2) Are preclinicals graded or pass/no pass?
3) Is lecture attendance mandatory?
4) Is there mandatory dress code?
5) How much time do we get dedicated for boards, if any?

Thanks in advance!!

I had some questions if anyone is able to answer them:
1) What is the exam schedule is like? LIke how often are tests?
2) Are preclinicals graded or pass/no pass?
3) Is lecture attendance mandatory?
4) Is there mandatory dress code?
5) How much time do we get dedicated for boards, if any?

Thanks in advance!!
1) Multiple choice timed exams more or less every 2-3 weeks or so, depending on the class and year.
2) Graded
3) Mandatory if you fall below 80% average in a class
4) Business casual dress code
5) For COMLEX Level 1 about 10-11 weeks but can be longer if for block 1 and/or Block 2 of 3rd year you take a study month and/or your vacation month (at least for my class that's how it was, not sure if anything has changed lately).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
1) Multiple choice timed exams more or less every 2-3 weeks or so, depending on the class and year.
2) Graded
3) Mandatory if you fall below 80% average in a class
4) Business casual dress code
4) For COMLEX Level 1 about 10-11 weeks but can be longer if for block 1 and/or Block 2 of 3rd year you take a study month and/or your vacation month (at least for my class that's how it was, not sure if anything as chaged lately).
This was very helpful! Thank you!

Did you or anyone in your class take STEP1 and 2? If so, how does that fit in the timeline for question 4?

This was very helpful! Thank you!

Did you or anyone in your class take STEP1 and 2? If so, how does that fit in the timeline for question 4?
Yes, many people take step 1 and 2CK. Generally speaking both exams test the same things except that USMLE is usually harder and question styles are a little different due to incorporation of OMM findings in most COMLEX questions. Most people just prepare for the USMLE and take it, then add some OMM studying in between and take COMLEX about a week later. If you can pass the USMLE there is no way you're not passing COMLEX.

Any recent acceptance? Still waiting to hear back from the 14th of December.

So far there are no sub 500’s accepted this cycle to ARCOM right? ( at least on the SDN page ) I know in the recent years of several sub 500’s accepted but I’m guessing it is because of the new full accreditation status now?

Good morning folks. If anyone is interviewing Friday and staying at Home 2 Suites, HMU for a ride. I rented a car.

Do they give feedback if you call and ask why you were rejected?

So far there are no sub 500’s accepted this cycle to ARCOM right? ( at least on the SDN page ) I know in the recent years of several sub 500’s accepted but I’m guessing it is because of the new full accreditation status now?
A friend of mine was accepted with a 498 a couple weeks ago. She is also in the master’s program here.

Thankfully I got an A from WCUCOM and have another pending interview at UNECOM so I won’t be attending here if they happen to pull me off the WL. Thank you ARCOM for being my first interview, you’ll always have a special place in my heart :)

Is it safe to say that at this point you would be interviewing for the waitlist?

Oh okay. I have a interview scheduled for this Friday and wanted to know if the class was full yet or if everyone who interviews at this point would just be put on the waitlist

Got waitlisted today, interviewed in early January. Does anyone know how many they accept off the waitlist and when a majority get in.

• Care
R today, interviewed 1/14. I was a bit too nervous during the interview. Good luck to all.

• Care