2021-2022 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed 1/14, but haven’t heard back yet.. hopefully I will hear back today! Send some good luck my way 😩

Got waitlisted today, interviewed in early January. Does anyone know how many they accept off the waitlist and when a majority get in.
It usually starts moving in early May. I know at least 25 people in my class who were accepted at that time.

I was just accepted!! Received the call at 7:30pm. Interviewed on 1/14. My first acceptance and I’m over the moon!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how housing works here? Is there a housing waitlist & is it hard for an OMS-1 to get on campus housing? TIA

Does anyone know how housing works here? Is there a housing waitlist & is it hard for an OMS-1 to get on campus housing? TIA
On-campus apartments come on a first-come first-serve basis. After you pay for your deposit at ARCOM, you can fill out a housing application and place your deposit. You can choose which apartment complex you prefer and whether you want one bedroom or two bedrooms. Some people rent houses off-campus. On-campus apartments include utilities and is typically more expensive than living off campus, but being able to walk to class is worth it in my opinion. There's another on-campus option that allows you to walk to class; there are on-campus houses that you can rent, but the rent is much more expensive than living at the apartments, and utilities aren't included. The houses are really nice and have their own (small) backyards. To my understanding, the housing is not directly associated with ARCOM. It's a different housing application, and the spaces are very limited. There's different sized houses: 1 bdrm, 2, 3, etc, and the rent ranges from $975 to thousands. There's a long waitlist for the 1 bdrm houses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
On-campus apartments come on a first-come first-serve basis. After you pay for your deposit at ARCOM, you can fill out a housing application and place your deposit. You can choose which apartment complex you prefer and whether you want one bedroom or two bedrooms. A small portion of the class rents houses off-campus. On-campus apartments include utilities and is typically more expensive than living off campus, but being able to walk to class is worth it in my opinion. There's another on-campus option that allows you to walk to class; there are on-campus houses that you can rent, but the rent is much more expensive than living at the apartments, and utilities aren't included. The houses are really nice and have their own (small) backyards. To my understanding, the housing is not directly associated with ARCOM. It's a different housing application, and the spaces are very limited. There's different sized houses: 1 bdrm, 2, 3, etc, and the rent ranges from $975 to thousands. There's a long waitlist for the 1 bdrm houses.
Thank you! This is super helpful!!

On-campus apartments come on a first-come first-serve basis. After you pay for your deposit at ARCOM, you can fill out a housing application and place your deposit. You can choose which apartment complex you prefer and whether you want one bedroom or two bedrooms. A small portion of the class rents houses off-campus. On-campus apartments include utilities and is typically more expensive than living off campus, but being able to walk to class is worth it in my opinion. There's another on-campus option that allows you to walk to class; there are on-campus houses that you can rent, but the rent is much more expensive than living at the apartments, and utilities aren't included. The houses are really nice and have their own (small) backyards. To my understanding, the housing is not directly associated with ARCOM. It's a different housing application, and the spaces are very limited. There's different sized houses: 1 bdrm, 2, 3, etc, and the rent ranges from $975 to thousands. There's a long waitlist for the 1 bdrm houses.
Hi, Are the on campus houses that you mention apart of “the villages”? On the website they have Villages and Residents but I’m not sure of the difference. For context, I was in person for tour so maybe you can describe their location relative to campus.

Hi, Are the on campus houses that you mention apart of “the villages”? On the website they have Villages and Residents but I’m not sure of the difference. For context, I was in person for tour so maybe you can describe their location relative to campus.
Hello. The 'Villages' and the 'Residents' are on-campus apartments. The apartments at the Village are newer and you get your own patio, but the Residents is slightly larger. The 'Porches' are on-campus houses with their own backyards, which is ideal if you have a family or dogs! All three options allow you to walk to class. You might have seen the Porches as the white houses. The Village consists of three floors: 1st floor for shops and restaurants, 2nd and 3rd for housing including an elevator. The Residents have two floors and no elevator

Can anyone share the link to the Facebook page for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody hear back from the 2/4 interview group yet? I know it’s only been a week but just curious!

Just received an invitation to complete a secondary here which seems a little late in the cycle… I already have two acceptances so I am unsure if I should even pay the money to complete the secondary since it is so late. Anyone else receive a secondary application invite today or have any advice? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an invitation to complete a secondary here which seems a little late in the cycle… I already have two acceptances so I am unsure if I should even pay the money to complete the secondary since it is so late. Anyone else receive a secondary application invite today or have any advice? Thanks!
Hi! I would say that if you prefer the other two schools over ARCOM, don't spend the $$. You definitely could submit your secondary and wait for an II, but if I was in your position, I would probably choose between what I have instead of spending more money on an already expensive process/cycle. Hope this helps!

If your other two options are at schools that are more well-established then I'd choose from those schools. ARCOM has cheaper tuition but in the long run, the quality of education matters. It certainly doesn't hurt to complete the application, but if you were given the option of the three, where would you go? If ARCOM isn't in your top two choices then I think you have your answer

Secondaries at ARCOM are given to students who interview, it's not like other schools where everyone gets a secondary. If you don't want to go here, then obviously don't worry about it, but they are still accepting students!

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an invitation to complete a secondary here which seems a little late in the cycle… I already have two acceptances so I am unsure if I should even pay the money to complete the secondary since it is so late. Anyone else receive a secondary application invite today
Secondaries at ARCOM are given to students who interview, it's not like other schools where everyone gets a secondary. If you don't want to go here, then obviously don't worry about it, but they are still accepting students!
How do you know that they are still accepting students? Just curious if the interview spots are only for the waitlist now or if there are actually still spots available in the class?

How do you know that they are still accepting students? Just curious if the interview spots are only for the waitlist now or if there are actually still spots available in the class?
I'm a master's student and talked to adcom just this week!

To anyone who opted for the virtual interview, was it an all day thing or did you just log on when you were assigned to?

For those who have been accepted, when did you receive the call? What time of day? TIA

For those who have been accepted, when did you receive the call? What time of day? TIA
I was accepted just before thanksgiving, received the call exactly 2 weeks after my interview at around 11am California time.

To anyone who opted for the virtual interview, was it an all day thing or did you just log on when you were assigned to?
It’s an all day thing. Interviews are fairly early in the morning though.

Does anyone have information on how the waitlist work here? Such as an estimate of how many people get pulled off the waitlist and the timeframe in which majority of them get accepted?

Does anyone have information on how the waitlist work here? Such as an estimate of how many people get pulled off the waitlist and the timeframe in which majority of them get accepted?
It usually starts moving early May and they pull from it until school begins in July. I know of 22 people who got in last May off the WL and also a girl who was accepted a day before the semester started.

How is the masters program? I have an interview scheduled for Tuesday. Do you have any tips?
I messaged you! I love the program, although it is very challenging. It's worth it though!

Can any current students message me in regards to clinical rotations at ARCOM? Was wondering if anyone had any details in regards to which sites have residents rotate there or if a good portion of the clinical rotations is just shadowing. Would greatly appreciate any insight!

I followed the steps to put down the deposit. It says I have $2000 balance for selected enrollment, Is that it? I haven’t gotten a confirmation email that it was paid.

I followed the steps to put down the deposit. It says I have $2000 balance for selected enrollment, Is that it? I haven’t gotten a confirmation email that it was paid.
I dont believe I got confirmation either. But I called them afterwards to confirm just in case and they said "yeah you paid it."

They were really nice on the phone and they understand that the website is kinda wonky in displaying that you paid the 2000$ or not. So yeah give them a call

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?
496 is low for any med school. This school was lenient before. I think people can still get in with a low mcat. But I heard that 500 is a cutoff.
You should study and retake the exam.

496 is low for any med school. This school was lenient before. I think people can still get in with a low mcat. But I heard that 500 is a cutoff.
You should study and retake the exam.
Ty! Was going off my WAMC post in which Faha says I could still receive interviews, this was one of those schools

Ty! Was going off my WAMC post in which Faha says I could still receive interviews, this was one of those schools
You probably still can. Between all the new schools, they're your best bet. BECOM, ARCOM, ICOM, LUCOM, etc

Any movement on the waitlist yet? I know it's really still but was just wondering..... been waitlisted since November :(

Any movement on the waitlist yet? I know it's really still but was just wondering..... been waitlisted since November :(
Would expect a fair amount of waitlist movement in the upcoming days. The in-state MD school (UAMS) sent all their acceptances out last week. Most AR kids use ARCOM/NYIT as their backup plan and will pay a deposit to either of those schools before the golden ticket from UAMS arrives in the mail late February/early March.

Reactions: 2 users
Would expect a fair amount of waitlist movement in the upcoming days. The in-state MD school (UAMS) sent all their acceptances out last week. Most AR kids use ARCOM/NYIT as their backup plan and will pay a deposit to either of those schools before the golden ticket from UAMS arrives in the mail late February/early March.
I did not know this, so thanks! Here's to hoping we get that A!

Does anyone have the full official match list for inaugural class? I’m having trouble finding it.

Current students: I have a bunch of scrubs from prior experiences. Will they be useful and should I bring them all with me when I move over for school?

Current students: I have a bunch of scrubs from prior experiences. Will they be useful and should I bring them all with me when I move over for school?
bring them. You'll want to keep 2-3 pairs (old crummy ones will do just fine) for anatomy and a couple nicer ones (if you have some) for simulation lab or practicing clinical skills

Does anyone have the full official match list for inaugural class? I’m having trouble finding it.
there is no official list posted from ARCOM but I know there is a YouTube video where people announce where they matched from last year

bring them. You'll want to keep 2-3 pairs (old crummy ones will do just fine) for anatomy and a couple nicer ones (if you have some) for simulation lab or practicing clinical skills
does it matter what color the scrubs are? I think i remember a while ago that arcom wanted people to wear surgical green scrubs for anatomy lab. is that still the case nowadays?