2022-2023 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i also got a secondary. secondary means interview invite here. im debating if i wanna do it since I also have another A.
Oh really? If it’s a pretty much guaranteed interview I might consider it a bit more.. I just didn’t wanna toss money down the drain

Members don't see this ad.

Oh really? If it’s a pretty much guaranteed interview I might consider it a bit more.. I just didn’t wanna toss money down the drain
yea cuz they only send secondaries to people they are interviewing!! same idk if i wanna consider it. what is your A? maybe we can chat about the pros and cons lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what is meant by a waitlist that isn’t ranked? How does waitlist movement occur- is it based on how long you have been on it or how many updates you have? Been on the waitlist for awhile now and not really sure what to expect.

Anyone know what is meant by a waitlist that isn’t ranked? How does waitlist movement occur- is it based on how long you have been on it or how many updates you have? Been on the waitlist for awhile now and not really sure what to expect.
Usually, an unranked waitlist means they want to re-review the applications of all waitlisted candidates and decide who to make offers to. I would imagine that updates and changes to your application would benefit you in that process.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if we get dedicated study time for COMLEX?
Yes, you get plenty of time for Level 1/Step 1. I think the last day of class for me was mid-April, with rotations starting July 1st. For Level 2 you gotta make sure you start preparing early during rotations though (as you should because you have to take shelf exams anyway) because you won't get any extra time besides your allowed 1 month of vacation in 3rd year. Of course, if it comes down to it you can schedule easier or virtual rotations during your elective/selective months to get more time to study as needed, but I wouldn't count too much on that though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yes, you get plenty of time for Level 1/Step 1. I think the last day of class for me was mid-April, with rotations starting July 1st. For Level 2 you gotta make sure you start preparing early during rotations though (as you should because you have to take shelf exams anyway) because you won't get any extra time besides your allowed 1 month of vacation in 3rd year. Of course, if it comes down to it you can schedule easier or virtual rotations during your elective/selective months to get more time to study as needed, but I wouldn't count too much on that though.
I’ve heard some good and bad things about ARCOM specifically with the preparation for board exams. Is this something a prospective student should consider when making a decision? I really loved the campus and the people there. Just was discouraging reading some comments from prior students from ARCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve heard some good and bad things about ARCOM specifically with the preparation for board exams. Is this something a prospective student should consider when making a decision? I really loved the campus and the people there. Just was discouraging reading some comments from prior students from ARCOM.
Board preparation, at the end of the day, is more on the student than on the school curriculum itself. It's up to the student to supplement their free time with supplemental study materials like first aid, boards and beyond, sketchy, pathoma, questions banks (Uworld), anki, etc... There are things schools can do to hinder you in your effort which should be more important when making your decision, but I don't think that's the case with ARCOM. You will get plenty of dedicated time to study for your boards, as I mentioned above. Sure, there are mandatory lectures if you fall below 80% during the first 2 years, which may take away from your study time, but in my own experience, no one really cared if you showed up for mandatory classes as long you're not failing. I don't think board preparation should ever be the reason you decide to attend one school over another because there is no school curriculum that will solely be geared towards boards as you may have heard from many students at many DO schools.

Board preparation, at the end of the day, is more on the student than on the school curriculum itself. It's up to the student to supplement their free time with supplemental study materials like first aid, boards and beyond, sketchy, pathoma, questions banks (Uworld), anki, etc... There are things schools can do to hinder you in your effort which should be more important when making your decision, but I don't think that's the case with ARCOM. You will get plenty of dedicated time to study for your boards, as I mentioned above. Sure, there are mandatory lectures if you fall below 80% during the first 2 years, which may take away from your study time, but in my own experience, no one really cared if you showed up for mandatory classes as long you're not failing. I don't think board preparation should ever be the reason you decide to attend one school over another because there is no school curriculum that will solely be geared towards boards as you may have heard from many students at many DO schools.
I appreciate your response. I have a lot to learn, so I’m just going off what I hear from current students. I really liked my visit with ARCOM and I feel it’d be a great school for me.

I appreciate your response. I have a lot to learn, so I’m just going off what I hear from current students. I really liked my visit with ARCOM and I feel it’d be a great school for me.
Also, were you in ARCOM’s inaugural class?

I received an email saying that I haven’t been selected to continue in the app process but it’s not a rejection. So should I just keep waiting? Is this a WL? I’m planning on applying to the Masters

I received an email saying that I haven’t been selected to continue in the app process but it’s not a rejection. So should I just keep waiting? Is this a WL? I’m planning on applying to the Masters
This is a rejection if I am not mistaken? I also have received this same email from a different school and I took it as a rejection.

Silly question but… if my deposit is due by today, does that mean I have until the end of business day to submit it?

got an ii but will be declining. saw the price of plane tickets lol

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know typically what percent of people/ how likely it is to get off the waitlist?

If you are interested in serving in a rural area in Arkansas following your training, below is a scholarship opportunity you may want to pursue:

Dr. Rhys Branman, a Little Rock-based cosmetic surgeon is excited to announce the launch of his annual scholarship program. The Arkansas Rural Health Scholarship is a $2,500 award which will support one lucky medical or nursing student with the intent to practice in a rural Arkansas community.

Dr. Branman is proud to support rural healthcare in his home state of Arkansas. Our goal right now is to reach as many eligible candidates as possible and encourage them to apply by the extended deadline of June 2, 2023.

To review the program’s complete application, criteria and guidelines please visit: Arkansas Rural Health Scholarship - Dr. Branman

If you are interested in serving in a rural area in Arkansas following your training, below is a scholarship opportunity you may want to pursue:

Dr. Rhys Branman, a Little Rock-based cosmetic surgeon is excited to announce the launch of his annual scholarship program. The Arkansas Rural Health Scholarship is a $2,500 award which will support one lucky medical or nursing student with the intent to practice in a rural Arkansas community.

Dr. Branman is proud to support rural healthcare in his home state of Arkansas. Our goal right now is to reach as many eligible candidates as possible and encourage them to apply by the extended deadline of June 2, 2023.

To review the program’s complete application, criteria and guidelines please visit: Arkansas Rural Health Scholarship - Dr. Branman
Only eligible if you are a resident of Arkansas, FYI for others interested in this opportunity!

Just dropped my acceptance over here hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck!

Has anyone gotten an email saying that they weren’t rejected but your app is basically on pause? This is pre interview

Do all schools keep interviewing until April or is it different from place to place? I read that some interview in June still although that has to be pretty late. Still haven’t heard from quite a few schools so hoping for another interview or two.

Do all schools keep interviewing until April or is it different from place to place? I read that some interview in June still although that has to be pretty late. Still haven’t heard from quite a few schools so hoping for another interview or two.
I would imagine that schools that are still interviewing in June will probably start in August.
ARCOM starts mid-July, so they are probably getting close to finishing interviews. They do have a large WL though. Out of the four students that I am in contact with that got accepted during my interview day, 3 of them withdrew their acceptances. I myself am waiting to see if I get out of my WL for my top choice school.
Don't lose hope if you are on the WL. If you don't have an interview yet, I hope you have some from other schools or a backup plan if things don't work out this cycle.

Does anyone know if there is a high waitlist movement here and if there is when it usually begins?

Interviewing the end of the month. How was your interview experience? How many students did they interview?

Interviewing the end of the month. How was your interview experience? How many students did they interview?
When did you get a II if you don’t mind me asking? I’m stuck on the “Review Later for Updates but we like you and your app”

When did you get a II if you don’t mind me asking? I’m stuck on the “Review Later for Updates but we like you and your app”
Same… I applied to their master’s just in case I get rejected and already got an interview for that. So idk what my future holds 😭

2/16 is when I received a secondary, and 3/1 I received an interview invite.

Waitlisted today. Any updates from the 2/28 interview group?

feeling discouraged but not defeated. freaked out about how many are waitlisted and if I stand a chance. Also wondering if the waitlist is ranked, or if you go to the back based on when you were waitlisted. Have no idea how it works

Waitlisted today. Any updates from the 2/28 interview group?

feeling discouraged but not defeated. freaked out about how many are waitlisted and if I stand a chance. Also wondering if the waitlist is ranked, or if you go to the back based on when you were waitlisted. Have no idea how it works
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? Also how do you feel your interview day went?

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? Also how do you feel your interview day went?
3.87 Cumulative 3.68 science & a low MCAT of 495 but I have an excess of leadership experience and extracurriculars with lots of clinical hours. My MCAT has really held me back.

I felt like my interview went really well and consider myself a pretty decent interviewer. I connect really well with their mission so that dominated my interview time. I enjoyed myself!

Reactions: 3 users