Acceptance Stats for Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. CGPA: 3.05 SGPA: 2.99
2. MCAT: 506
3. Shadowed 2 Podiatrists, 400 hours of research, 100 hours of volunteering at a hospital, leadership roles in student org.
4. Applied to all 9. Interviewed at CSPM, Scholl, DMU, Western, and Midwestern. Cancelled/declined interviews at the other 4.
5. Accepted to CSPM ($10k), Scholl ($3k), and Western. Waitlisted at DMU. Awaiting decision from Midwestern.

I live in California but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to choose. Both CA schools would be close to home but Scholl has a great program.

Congrats. If you can save a bit of $$ by staying around home then stay in CA. Loved ones support is something very important to succeed, so also think about this if you plan to attend Scholl.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1. CGPA 3.6, SGPA 3.5
2. MCAT 504
3. 10 hours of shadowing podiatrist, 100 hours shadowing others, 40 hours volunteering, published research article
4. Applied to DMU, Kent, Midwestern
5. Accepted to all with scholarships

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats. If you can save a bit of $$ by staying around home then stay in CA. Loved ones support is something very important to succeed, so also think about this if you plan to attend Scholl.
I'll still have to get an apartment close to campus as I'm too far to commute. Right now, I'm stuck between Western and Scholl.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that were accepted to DMU, how long did it take to hear back post interview?

I'll still have to get an apartment close to campus as I'm too far to commute. Right now, I'm stuck between Western and Scholl.

If you care for the weather and want to practice in CA then stay in CA; if you will happier and can handle the brutally cold weather of IL then Scholl it is.
I don't think there is a wrong option here; it all comes down to which program makes you more comfortable.

If you care for the weather and want to practice in CA then stay in CA; if you will happier and can handle the brutally cold weather of IL then Scholl it is.
I don't think there is a wrong option here; it all comes down to which program makes you more comfortable.
So, is there a lower chance I'll be able to practice in LA if I go to Scholl?

No. You just have apply for the CA licensing board to practice. It is more likely that you would have more connections in CA if you go to school there.

About a week

Often depends when you werr interviewed and and when their committee will meet to discuss and make a decision.
Thanks, I interviewed on Friday, and they mentioned that for the DO students they should hear back in two weeks. They never mentioned any time frame for the DPM students though.

You can practice anywhere after residency, you'll need to apply and obtain that states license first, as said by AD1208 above.

In terms of the matching in Cali from Scholl: this is also possible as there are many graduates matching all over the country from Scholl, but the majority do match in the states around IL; which I am sure you know and saw the match list on your interview day at Scholl.

However, this fact shouldn't stop you from attending Scholl because all of 4th year of geared towards externships and you get choose which hospitals in which state you want to do them...so going back to Cali for these externships and ultimately matching there is a def possible...but your overall chance of matching in Cali from a Cali school is...of course much higher. In other words, if I want to match in NY, I would attend NYCPM since close to 80% of their grads math in the tri-state.

Hopefully, I am not making your decision more difficult..lol

Members don't see this ad :)
First post ever!

1. cGPA: 3.379 and sGPA: 3.300
2. MCAT: 486 (I know, super low. Did not think I would get into any school with this)
3. 230 hours of shadowing/volunteering a/for a podiatrist, 100 hours volunteering for a hospice, 2 years interning at a biotech company and currently working in biotechnology full time.
4. I applied to Scholl, New York, Midwestern, Temple, Kent, Western, and Des Moines.
5. Immediately rejected at Midwestern and Temple. Interviewed at Scholl, Western, Kent, and Des Moines and decided not to interview at New York.

Decided to accepted Western because of the curriculum, the weather, and how close to home it is. I am excited and terrified to start school again.

Reactions: 4 users
First post ever!

2. MCAT: 486 (I know, super low. Did not think I would get into any school with this)
3. 230 hours of shadowing/volunteering a/for a podiatrist, 100 hours volunteering for a hospice, 2 years interning at a biotech company and currently working in biotechnology full time.
4. I applied to Scholl, New York, Midwestern, Temple, Kent, Western, and Des Moines.
5. Immediately rejected at Midwestern and Temple. Interviewed at Scholl, Western, Kent, and Des Moines and decided not to interview at New York.

Decided to accepted Western because of the curriculum, the weather, and how close to home it is. I am excited and terrified to start school again.

Congrats!

First post ever!

See you in the fall!

Reactions: 1 users
Stats aren’t everything, make the profession proud!

First post ever!

Finally I can post this:

1. cGPA: 3.85; sGPA: 3.71
2. MCAT: 488 (yikes)
3. ~45 hours pod shadowing, 200 hours DO shadowing, 2 semesters of psychology research.
4. Applied to all except DMU
5. Interview invites from NYCPM (accepted), Scholl (7500k), Barry (cancelled interview), Samuel Merritt (accepted), Kent (2500k).
Rejected from Temple & WesternU. Waitlisted at AZpod.

Paid my deposit for NYCPM. Will be attending there.

Reactions: 3 users
People getting in with <490 MCAT...you got an uphill battle from day 1...study hard and good luck!
How is it that some schools reject <490's from the bat, yet accept the same caliber students at a later time in the cycle? Asking bc i'm under 490, retaking in March, and want to know if I should submit now with a pending application.

How is it that some schools reject <490's from the bat, yet accept the same caliber students at a later time in the cycle? Asking bc i'm under 490, retaking in March, and want to know if I should submit now with a pending application.

Imo, it all comes down to the number of applications a program receives for that year; so, if the class size of a program is 100 students and they only received say 70 applications for that cycle then they are more than likely to add another 10-15 apps with lower stats than usual.

If you know where you want to go and if you see here people getting in with your stats then apply right now...if you get in without the re-take then great...otherwise...study hard and retake it and with a better score= more scholarships $$.

People getting in with <490 MCAT...you got an uphill battle from day 1...study hard and good luck!
If schools believe they can make it then why question the system? In the end it's all about how much work you are willing to put in

I believe it's uphill battle for almost everyone not just someone who scored <490

Of course, it is..its medicine..we learn something new every day for the rest of our careers.

I didn't mean to demean anyone because an acceptance is an acceptance...a chance to be a Pod so it is all fair from that point on since everyone in that class year has the same chance of making out or not (it is your own hard work from now till graduation).

What I said above was because I have seen people drop out after the first term because they just cannot take in all the info and pass exams (guess who these students at my program were)...so one of my hopes of posting that was to tell anyone here to use all the resources their program offers and go all in from day 1..because it only gets more difficult.

Getting in is the easy part..making out is another story!

Temple is very MCAT oriented. I've seen lots of people with crazy low gpas but 500+ mcats get in. Temple also screens.

Congratulations to everyone!! I'm new here and have a question on where you guys think I stand with podiatry based on my stats. Where is the best place to ask that question?

Congratulations to everyone!! I'm new here and have a question on where you guys think I stand with podiatry based on my stats. Where is the best place to ask that question?

making an account with a better username might be a good start!

Sorry for the late response!

Thanks!! And I think my work experience definitely left an impression on them because I worked in the micro department and saw a lot of specimens so I mentioned it in my statement and interview. But I think it was mainly how I tied it with my passion for podiatry. We talked about my job experiences as soon as I sat down because it was my opening sentence for my personal statement.

But ultimately, I think it’s a little bit of everything and they all matter.

wow! congrats! do you think your work experience held extra weight when being considered for admittance?

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

cGPA: 3.0 sGPA: 2.7
MCAT: 500
20 hours of podiatry shadowing, around 100 total in total shadowing in different fields, largely involved on my undergrad campus, around 150 hours of volunteering total in the past 4 years
Applied to Kent, Barry, New York, Scholl, and DMU
Rejected from Kent pre interview, Rejected from Barry post interview, Waitlisted at DMU, Accepted to Scholl and New York

Will be attending Scholl next year!!

Hi Everyone!

cGPA: 3.0 sGPA: 2.7
MCAT: 500
20 hours of podiatry shadowing, around 100 total in total shadowing in different fields, largely involved on my undergrad campus, around 150 hours of volunteering total in the past 4 years
Applied to Kent, Barry, New York, Scholl, and DMU
Rejected from Kent pre interview, Rejected from Barry post interview, Waitlisted at DMU, Accepted to Scholl and New York

Will be attending Scholl next year!!

Congrats.

Surprised at BarryU rejection post interview. Were you nervous?

Congrats.

Surprised at BarryU rejection post interview. Were you nervous?

Yeah, in all honesty it was my first interview, I guess that the committee didn't think I was a right fit. I called them after and they were generous with feedback, so I was able to do better for the next 3 interviews

Congrats! How was the Scholl interview? I have it coming up and Highkey NERVOUS

Scholl was perhaps my favorite of the interviews I had because I found the faculty the most approachable! Everyone is really calm, trying to keep the interview easy going. Not really any hard questions, just be yourself!

1. CGPA: 3.65 SGPA 3.5 (Last 3 semesters 3.9+ GPA)
2. MCAT: 496
3. 2 Years of independent research, 150 hours of volunteering at my local food bank, and 700 hours of direct patient care at an Alzheimer/Dementia patient care facility. Served as the teacher assistant for gen chem, physiology, and anatomy.
4. Applied to DMU, Kent, and Temple. Interviewed at all three.
5. Accepted to all three with scholarships to all.

Placed my deposit at DMU, and super excited for the fall!

Reactions: 7 users
1. CGPA: 3.65 SGPA 3.5 (Last 3 semesters 3.9+ GPA)
2. MCAT: 496
3. 2 Years of independent research, 150 hours of volunteering at my local food bank, and 700 hours of direct patient care at an Alzheimer/Dementia patient care facility. Served as the teacher assistant for gen chem, physiology, and anatomy.
4. Applied to DMU, Kent, and Temple. Interviewed at all three.
5. Accepted to all three with scholarships to all.

Placed my deposit at DMU, and super excited for the fall!
Congrats!

1. CGPA 3.8, SGPA 3.8
2. Mcat 499
3. Roughly 30 hours of shadowing a podiatrist, 2000 hours of patient care hours, certified EMT, 1 year working in an ER.
4. I applied to Midwestern and Kent.
5. Accepted to Midwestern and Kent ($7,500 scholarship). Decided to attend Kent due to price as well as being closer to loved ones.

Reactions: 3 users
1. CGPA 3.8, SGPA 3.8
2. Mcat 499
3. Roughly 30 hours of shadowing a podiatrist, 2000 hours of patient care hours, certified EMT, 1 year working in an ER.
4. I applied to Midwestern and Kent.
5. Accepted to Midwestern and Kent ($7,500 scholarship). Decided to attend Kent due to price as well as being closer to loved ones.

Nice stats. Congrats and all the best at Kent!

First post ever!

Congrats. When did you apply?

Is there a Western Class of 2023 forum or FB group?

Did anyone answer this question? Or know what the answer is? I tried looking on FB and they only have a page for undergrads. I’d like to know if there are others wanting or willing to carpool in the Fullerton/Anaheim area

Btw I was accepted and are going to WesternU

Stats
Out of state
MCAT 506
Total Gpa: 3.1
SGPA: 2.7
Research hours: too many in molecular bio/ developmental bio/ psychological research (6 years at avg 20hrs a week)
Medical: worked as a HHA (medication and other medical relevant procedures included) for 300 hours. Worked with children with disabilities 400+ hours. Worked as a Human Clinical trial admin research assistant for 200+ hrs.
No volunteer outside of the psychology lab experience...couldn’t afford to work for free.

1. cGPA: 3.22, sGPA: 3.25, Post-bacc GPA: 3.89
2. MCAT: 499
3. 3 years of Evolutionary Biology research with about six poster presentations, one undergraduate journal publication, received "Excellence in Research", received $1000 grant after submitting abstract to do personal experiment, 400+ clinical hours working as an MA and as a volunteer in the ER/ICU, 200+ non-clinical hours volunteering with food pantry and beach cleanups, 25 hours shadowing podiatrists, treasurer of pre-health fraternity, Anatomy TA in post-bacc program, part of post-bacc program admissions committee as an interviewer
4. Applied and interviewed at CSPM, interview invite to Western
5. Will be attending CSPM in August! Accepted with Dean's Scholarship ($5k)

Reactions: 7 users
I am beyond happy to be able to post in this thread!!!!

1. cGPA: 3.41, sGPA: 3.01
2. MCAT 488 -> 494
3. NYCPM & TUSPM Summer Internships, 350 hrs for the american red cross (some leadership), 75 hrs hospital volunteer, 20 hrs shadowing, 3800 hrs as a customer service associate & 1400 hrs as a pharmacy technician (5200 hrs of retail).
4. Applied to NYCPM & Temple. Interviewed at both.
5. Accepted to both and will be going to NYCPM!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I am beyond happy to be able to post in this thread!!!!

1. cGPA: 3.41, sGPA: 3.01
2. MCAT 488 -> 494
3. NYCPM & TUSPM Summer Internships, 350 hrs for the american red cross (some leadership), 75 hrs hospital volunteer, 20 hrs shadowing, 3800 hrs as a customer service associate & 1400 hrs as a pharmacy technician (5200 hrs of retail).
4. Applied to NYCPM & Temple. Interviewed at both.
5. Accepted to and will be going to NYCPM! (Haven't heard back from Temple yet)

Nice improvement on the MCAT. Congrats!!!

I know the application dates officially close in June, but when do schools stop interviewing and stop admitting?

Those who heard from WesternU..did you receive an email about your acceptance or did they use the portal to notify you (or both)? Thanks!