AACPMAS 2020-2021 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2025)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone. For those who have been denied or heard of someone being denied post interview, what would be the reasoning for that post interview rejection? I know every school is different but I’m just generally curious as to what the reasons could be
People skills.
Lack of self awareness.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So to piggyback off my initial question: if a school denied me post-interview, should I bother applying to that school next cycle? I'm assuming my stats passed the initial cut-off since I was interviewed and I'm surprised by the Rejection. Could I just not be a good fit for them? Would it be wasteful to attempt again next cycle?

Email the admissions director and ask why you were rejected and how you can improve your app in case you want to apply again.

1. GPA: cGPA 3.32 sGPA 3.44
2. MCAT Score 490 :'(
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: Lots of EC's and Shadowing Hours
4. # of programs applied to: All 9
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered Accepted to Kent and WesternU. Still waiting for CSPM and Barry. Cancelled NYCPM, TUSPM, RFU, DMU. Waitlisted Midwestern
6. Attending program: WesternU (my number one choice!!!) :D

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone accepted thus far or soon to be accepted. Just wanted to take a moment to thank the moderators for taking time to answer questions and reassure myself and others during this journey that things would in fact be alright. I am writing this in the aftermath of my final exam during my time as an undergrad. I will be sure to keep checking this thread in order to try and be a steward of the profession and assure individuals who are in the same position that I was for the last year. Thank you again to the those who took the time to reply to all of my crazy posts on here. See you all in the next phase!

1. GPA: cGPA 3.32 sGPA 3.44
2. MCAT Score 490 :'(
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: Lots of EC's and Shadowing Hours
4. # of programs applied to: All 9
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered Accepted to Kent and WesternU. Still waiting for CSPM and Barry. Cancelled NYCPM, TUSPM, RFU, DMU. Waitlisted Midwestern
6. Attending program: WesternU (my number one choice!!!) :D
Congratulations! Look like we will be classmates!

Congrats to everyone accepted thus far or soon to be accepted. Just wanted to take a moment to thank the moderators for taking time to answer questions and reassure myself and others during this journey that things would in fact be alright. I am writing this in the aftermath of my final exam during my time as an undergrad. I will be sure to keep checking this thread in order to try and be a steward of the profession and assure individuals who are in the same position that I was for the last year. Thank you again to the those who took the time to reply to all of my crazy posts on here. See you all in the next phase!
Wait til you write one in the after math of your final exam during your time as a podiatry student....

Just kidding.

Work hard. Stay humble. Help those around you. Don't be an ass.

Not much else to it.

Is NYCPM 2 separate interviews or 1 interview with two people?

Is NYCPM 2 separate interviews or 1 interview with two people?
one interview with 2 faculty members and then another one with a current student.

1. GPA: cGPA 3.30 sGPA 3.41
2. MCAT Score 484 487 495 ( Yes, I took mcat 3 times in 2 years)
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 200 hours Volunteer and 126 hours Shadowing with a MD physician.
4. # of programs applied to: ksucpm, Barry and WesternU
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered Accepted to KSUCPM, denied by others. $2500 plus 500 (International student benefit) for scholarships
6. Attending program: KSUCPM

Reactions: 3 users
1. GPA: cGPA 3.30 sGPA 3.41
2. MCAT Score 484 487 495 ( Yes, I took mcat 3 times in 2 years)
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 200 hours Volunteer and 126 hours Shadowing with a MD physician.
4. # of programs applied to: ksucpm, Barry and WesternU
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered Accepted to KSUCPM, denied by others. $2500 plus 500 (International student benefit) for scholarships
6. Attending program: KSUCPM

Nice job with the MCAT; it takes hard work to increase those scores. All the best for Kent!

Thanks! Were they back-to-back? And were the questions different for each interview or similar?
No idea how they're doing it now. Student interview is just a relaxing conversation. Faculty interview is basically same depending on who's interviewing

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! So I got an interview invite for NYCPM, and will be interviewing there.

if anyone has read back, I don’t have the hottest stats, especially my GPA. I wanted to ask everyone for some advice on interview questions and what I could do to solidify my acceptance as much as possible. I did take a few classes this semester I did well in so that will provide some more strength in my case. But historically, as I’ve been seeing in the forums, NY’s interview with poor stat students tends to be more aggressive.

Also, my interview is next Wed., the quickest I could get, does a late interview mean that I'm competing with more students for less seats?
I know they have some 110 seats, but I guess its just my anxiety saying that there wont be any left by the time I interview and since my stats aren't helping me so much I feel like they'd reject me, then again, they did try to offer me an interview last year in July, but I didnt have the complete docs :/

I really appreciate everyone’s input, you guys rock!

Hey guys! So I got an interview invite for NYCPM, and will be interviewing there.

if anyone has read back, I don’t have the hottest stats, especially my GPA. I wanted to ask everyone for some advice on interview questions and what I could do to solidify my acceptance as much as possible. I did take a few classes this semester I did well in so that will provide some more strength in my case. But historically, as I’ve been seeing in the forums, NY’s interview with poor stat students tends to be more aggressive.

Also, my interview is next Wed., the quickest I could get, does a late interview mean that I'm competing with more students for less seats?
I know they have some 110 seats, but I guess its just my anxiety saying that there wont be any left by the time I interview and since my stats aren't helping me so much I feel like they'd reject me, then again, they did try to offer me an interview last year in July, but I didnt have the complete docs :/

I really appreciate everyone’s input, you guys rock!

Your MCAT is fine, but the GPAs are lower than accepted. You should be ready to explain what happened and how you overcome those issues. They will ask you how you will handle the pod med school curriculum, given your undergrad record. Hopefully, these new classes you are taking are science courses, and doing well them now is certainly a plus.

Don't worry about the seats and the timeline; prepare well for your interview and do your best in it. Everything else is secondary.

Good luck!

Your MCAT is fine, but the GPAs are lower than accepted. You should be ready to explain what happened and how you overcome those issues. They will ask you how you will handle the pod med school curriculum, given your undergrad record. Hopefully, these new classes you are taking are science courses, and doing well them now is certainly a plus.

Don't worry about the seats and the timeline; prepare well for your interview and do your best in it. Everything else is secondary.

Good luck!
Hi Dexter.
I just finished those classes, bchem, nutrition and A&P. Got A's in the latter 2 and a B in bchem, and in all honesty, the highest grade was a B+, so I'm kind of proud, also its a jump from the D I had previously (medical reasons had me taking bchem virtually, when virtual wasnt a thing in 2017).

Got you about the questions, just some anxiety kicking in cause I've seen some not-so-hot reactions to interviews at NY.

Hi! I got into one school in March and got waitlisted for another . I committed to the school I got into because there was no guarantee of getting off the waitlist for my top choice. Today I was offered an acceptance from the school I was waitlisted at. Can I tell the school that I originally put a deposit down that I wish to longer go there or is it that once I have placed the deposit I have to go there? I'm not sure if anyone has been in similar situation.

Hi! I got into one school in March and got waitlisted for another . I committed to the school I got into because there was no guarantee of getting off the waitlist for my top choice. Today I was offered an acceptance from the school I was waitlisted at. Can I tell the school that I originally put a deposit down that I wish to longer go there or is it that once I have placed the deposit I have to go there? I'm not sure if anyone has been in similar situation.

Yes, you can decline the offer, but you will most likely not receive the deposit back.

Yes, you can decline the offer, but you will most likely not receive the deposit back.
So there shouldn't be a problem if I withdraw from the school I paid a deposit for earlier in the cycle ? I just want to make sure this is allowed before withdrawing from the school I made a deposit to before submitting another deposit to the one I got the waitlist for

So there shouldn't be a problem if I withdraw from the school I paid a deposit for earlier in the cycle ? I just want to make sure this is allowed before withdrawing from the school I made a deposit to before submitting another deposit to the one I got the waitlist for

I'm not aware of a rule like that (let me know if I'm wrong). In your case, I would first secure my seat at program B.
Then I would email Program A, thanking them for the opportunity and giving them a reason why I can't attend their program.

I did this without issue. Paid a deposit to a school early on in the cycle, interviewed and loved the last school I interviewed at in March/April. Lost my deposit to the first school. I did send them a courtesy "thank you for the opportunity, but..." email, which I don't think they ever replied to. I still don't regret going to the other school, but I did miss my money. :)

Reactions: 2 users
I did this without issue. Paid a deposit to a school early on in the cycle, interviewed and loved the last school I interviewed at in March/April. Lost my deposit to the first school. I did send them a courtesy "thank you for the opportunity, but..." email, which I don't think they ever replied to. I still don't regret going to the other school, but I did miss my money. :)
Thank you so much :) Took the same steps as you!

Hey guys! I got accepted to both SCPM and KCPM (Scholl and Kent). However I’m having a hard time deciding where to go since I’m not from neither place. What are pros and cons and which do y’all think is better? I ended up committing to RFU bc of higher board pass rates

Hey guys! I got accepted to both SCPM and KCPM (Scholl and Kent). However I’m having a hard time deciding where to go since I’m not from neither place. What are pros and cons and which do y’all think is better? I ended up committing to RFU bc of higher board pass rates
Many of the mods will say boards are up to the student. and not the school. Cool thing to look at but they are right, there are only 9 schools with the same education when ~400-500 students are taking the boards.

I compared it to factors outside of school. Type of city Chicago vs Cleveland. Chicago has the better/modern city life compared to Cleveland. And I have some family in Chicago who I can reach out to for emergency situations.

Costs too for rent and just being able to survive. There is also a six flags down the road from SCPM so hey roller coasters amirite.

Hey guys!!! Finally get to say this after 2 cycles of unending pain and anxiety!!

GPA: sGPA-2.5, cGPA-2.7 (I took 12 credits this past spring, this is my GPA without those credits, 2 A's and a B)

MCAT- 488 in Jan 20, then 495 in Aug 20

Experience- 4000 hours of clinical experience
3.5 years of club leadership
6 months of psych research
20 hours of DPM shadowing

Applied- all 9, only interview from NYCPM
Accepted- NYCPM starting Fall 21!!!!

****for anyone anxiously scrolling through SDN hoping to find the will to apply, do it. Just. Do. It. I had no chance, with those stats, not even a masters program would take me. I realized I was distracted from my academics, I had too many obligations, and I didn't have a set study strategy or schedule. My MCAT and last year and a half of college taught me about myself, how I study and I will def be carrying it to med school. I know it will be 1000x harder than undergrad, but I feel better knowing that I have effective studying habits and MUCCCHH less responsibilities on my name. And if you get an interview, blow them away with your knowledge, with your story, they wanna hear it, I told them, they learned about my past and the changes I made, and took me on that basis. Judge yourself, step back and see what you're doing right and wrong and change whatever you can, life wont be easy, but we can make the best of what we got.***

I feel like Im writing an Oscar acceptance speech lmao, lastly just wanna give a huge virtual hug to everyone on SDN thats supported me, read my DM's, gave me advice and helped me with my unending anxiety, could not have done it without you all <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys!!! Finally get to say this after 2 cycles of unending pain and anxiety!!

GPA: sGPA-2.5, cGPA-2.7 (I took 12 credits this past spring, this is my GPA without those credits, 2 A's and a B)

MCAT- 488 in Jan 20, then 495 in Aug 20 (only studied for 2 months since my whole family and office got sick w COVID, so extra responsibilities!)

Experience- 4000 hours as an MA with an internist, shadowed the same dr at a nursing home and hospital

Accepted- NYCPM starting Fall 21!!!! I wanted to go because I live in NY!

****for anyone anxiously scrolling through SDN hoping to find the will to apply, do it. Just. Do. It. I had no chance, with those stats, not even a masters program would take me. I realized I was distracted from my academics, I had too many obligations, and I didn't have a set study strategy or schedule. My MCAT and last year and a half of college taught me about myself, how I study and I will def be carrying it to med school. I know it will be 1000x harder than undergrad, but I feel better knowing that I have effective studying habits and MUCCCHH less responsibilities on my name. And if you get an interview, blow them away with your knowledge, with your story, they wanna hear it, I told them, they learned about my past and the changes I made, and took me on that basis. Judge yourself, step back and see what you're doing right and wrong and change whatever you can, life wont be easy, but we can make the best of what we got.***

I feel like Im writing an Oscar acceptance speech lmao, lastly just wanna give a huge virtual hug to everyone on SDN thats supported me, read my DM's, gave me advice and helped me with my unending anxiety, could not have done it without you all <3
Congratulation on your acceptance!

MCAT- 488 in Jan 20, then 495 in Aug 20 (only studied for 2 months since my whole family and office got sick w COVID, so extra responsibilities!)

Experience- 4000 hours as an MA with an internist, shadowed the same dr at a nursing home and hospital

Accepted- NYCPM starting Fall 21!!!! I wanted to go because I live in NY!

Congrats, and well done on improving the MCAT score. As you stated, there is an uphill battle coming up soon, and I hope you are ready to study hard (and smart). That said, please use whatever resources NYCPM has to help students in basic sciences, such as tutoring and counseling. Use these services early on and get help from professors (you are paying their salaries). Finally, I hope you come back here and make a thread about your experiences at NYCPM after the first semester and give your honest feedback about what worked and what didn't (hopefully, it's all positive :) ).
Do not try to study now and enjoy the time off until school begins. Good luck.

Hello everyone
Does anybody know what the turnout time is for Western? and i received and email 10 days ago from the admission counselor that i was missing something and i fixed it, but i never received an email saying they have received my application.

We are about 10 days away from the June 30th deadline. I hope this has been a successful cycle for the majority. We will be creating another thread for the upcoming cycle for the class of 2026, so look out for that sometime in July.

I hope those accepted this year (class of 2025) will return to SDN after a semester or two and share their experiences and study techniques with future students. Best wishes as you all begin this exciting journey. :)

Reactions: 5 users
1. GPA cGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.0
2. MCAT Score 508
3. Shadowing hours & ECs
Research: 900hrs (no pubs), Biology TA: 225hrs, Orthopedics/Podiatry shadowing 300hrs, Volunteer Tutoring: 30hrs, Eboard of College Dance Company: 600hrs
4. # of programs applied to 2
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered Accepted to NYCPM and TUSPM (with scholarship to Temple)
6. Attending program: NYCPM
what made u choose NYCPM, i am having trouble deciding. i was going to go with nycpm and then i read how its students are generally anxious stressed and unhappy in comparison to other pod schools