Acceptance Stats for Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Car you'd drift in if you had to face Tsuchiya?

A well set up AP2 S2K for sure. No way tsuchiya beats me on the touge with some beater corolla. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Planning on an dailying an AP2 before residency starts.
A handful of car people in this thread.
@MidnightSun32 knows a lot about modding and tracking.

PM if you have questions about CSPM or just want to talk car stuff.

Good Morning guys,

I created a website for accepted TUSPM student for Class 2023. If you type "TUSPM Class of 2023" on Facebook, you will be able to find the "GROUP", not "PAGE" website. I wish you guys best of luck for everything. Thank you!! Have a great day!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. cGPA: 3.26, sGPA: 3.03
2. MCAT: 496
3. 150 hrs gen surg shadowing, 1 yr club tennis, 2 yrs at nutrition research lab, 1.5 yrs volunteer/nutrition coordinator at free clinic, grand diploma in pastry arts, 60 hours shadowing 3 diff pods.
4. Applied to Barry, Temple, Kent, Western, DMU, and AZPOD. IIs to all (attended Barry and Temple)
5. Accepted to Barry and Temple ($5k scholarship). Going to Temple!

Reactions: 9 users
3. 150 hrs gen surg shadowing, 1 yr club tennis, 2 yrs at nutrition research lab, 1.5 yrs volunteer/nutrition coordinator at free clinic, grand diploma in pastry arts, 60 hours shadowing 3 diff pods.
4. Applied to Barry, Temple, Kent, Western, DMU, and AZPOD. IIs to all (attended Barry and Temple)
Congrats! Can't wait to be classmates next fall!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users

I was waiting for your post in this thread :D Congrats! Thanks for helping me out throughout the process. So happy for you!

Reactions: 4 users
Happy to be able to have my first post be on this thread!

1. cGPA: 3.61, sGPA: 3.49
2. MCAT: 488
3. 1500+ hours of patient care, 4 years of college baseball, 20+ hours of shadowing DPMs and MD.
4. Applied to Kent, DMU, and Scholl. Interview invites to all of them.
5. Acceptance: Kent, DMU, and Scholl (7.5K scholarship).

Attending DMU next fall! :happy:

3. 1500+ hours of patient care, 4 years of college baseball, 20+ hours of shadowing DPMs and MD.

Congrats!
Any scholarship from DMU?

Congrats!
Any scholarship from DMU?

No, they didn't. I talked to DMU admissions about it too. Their tuition and cost of living is cheaper than Scholl so it pretty much will even out in the end. So stuck with the school that I enjoyed more during my interview!

Reactions: 1 users
1) cGPA: 3.54, sGPA: 3.49
2) MCAT: 505
3) Shadowing a podiatrist, biotechnology product development for multiple companies, biomechanics research, mentor for high school students in underserved areas, teaching assistant for 400-level Biology courses, medical equipment technician at large hospital in northwest.
4) Applied to all: interview invites to all
5) Interviewed at CSPM (the only school to offer me money in the interview invite so I thought why not), WesternU, and AZPod
6) Accepted to CSPM with 10k a year, WesternU with 3,500 non-renewable, and accepted to AZPod. I will be attending Midwestern next fall!! I chose AZPod due to their phenomenal board rates, residency placement, safe area, nice weather (coming from rainy Seattle), low cost of living, new facilities, and gut feeling during the interview. Very excited!

Reactions: 9 users
1) cGPA: 3.54, sGPA: 3.49
2) MCAT: 505
3) Shadowing a podiatrist, biotechnology product development for multiple companies, biomechanics research, mentor for high school students in underserved areas, teaching assistant for 400-level Biology courses, medical equipment technician at large hospital in northwest.
4) Applied to all: interview invites to all
5) Interviewed at CSPM (the only school to offer me money in the interview invite so I thought why not), WesternU, and AZPod
6) Accepted to CSPM with 10k a year, WesternU with 3,500 non-renewable, and accepted to AZPod. I will be attending Midwestern next fall!! I chose AZPod due to their phenomenal board rates, residency placement, safe area, nice weather (coming from rainy Seattle), low cost of living, new facilities, and gut feeling during the interview. Very excited!

Great stats, Congrats!! :clap:

1. cGPA: 3.24 sGPA: 3.01
2. MCAT: 498
3. 4 years in volunteer org, 2 years of shadowing, 1 year of research, etc.
4. Applied to all 9, got invited to all 9. Cancelled interviews to Temple, Kent, Scholls, and NYCPM
5. Accepted to: CSPM ($5k scholarship), AZPod, Western, DMU ($4k scholarship), Barry ($5k scholarship)

Debating between CSPM and Western.

ayou002, have you made a choice yet? I am looking at CSPM and WesternU. Kind of a toss up for me. There are pros and cons to both.

ayou002, have you made a choice yet? I am looking at CSPM and WesternU. Kind of a toss up for me. There are pros and cons to both.

I decided on Western because it will be the cheapest school for me and Socal is the area I want to work in once I graduate. But I agree with you, it was a toss up for me, I say look over cost and where you think you'll be happiest during your 4 years!

Members don't see this ad :)

That's awesome! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Good Morning guys,

I created a website for accepted TUSPM student for Class 2023. If you type "TUSPM Class of 2023" on Facebook, you will be able to find the "GROUP", not "PAGE" website. I wish you guys best of luck for everything. Thank you!! Have a great day!

Thanks for making!

So happy to finally be able to post in this thread. I might not have been very active on here but i read each and every one of the messages and am mentally supportive of all pre-pods' achievements!

Here's my profile for future applicants with similar stats.

Stats: Science GPA: 3.60, Overall GPA: 3.72
Applied: Kent, Scholl, and Temple
Interviewed: all of them
Accepted: Kent, Scholl and Temple ($ 10 000 scholarship at all of them)

Going to Kent State next year, cant wait to meet my future classmates :soexcited::highfive:

Reactions: 8 users
So happy to finally be able to post in this thread. I might not have been very active on here but i read each and every one of the messages and am mentally supportive of all pre-pods' achievements!

Going to Kent State next year, cant wait to meet my future classmates :soexcited::highfive:

You killed this cycle. Congratulations and enjoy your interim!

Best of luck!

Stats: 3.60 cGPA, 3.60 sGPA (science-heavy curriculum); MCAT: 507.
Experience: >500hr MD/DO shadowing (many fields/settings), <50hr DPM shadowing ("famous" DPM, whatever the hell that means), medical assistant 1yr + scribe 1yr (non-pod), ~100hr volunteer (non-health), research exp x3 + publication x1, undergrad club leadership x2.
Applied: All except Barry, declined interview from DMU, Scholl, NY
Accepted/Scholarships: 10K CSPM, 10K Kent, 5K Western, $0.00 AZ :'(, waiting on Temple.

My heart is telling me AZ, my mind is telling me to settle for Temple.

Last edited:
Experience: >500hr MD/DO shadowing (many fields/settings), <50hr DPM shadowing ("famous" DPM, whatever the hell that means), medical assistant 1yr + scribe 1yr (non-pod), ~100hr volunteer (non-health), research exp x3 + publication x1, undergrad club leadership x2.
Accepted/Scholarships: 10K CSPM, 10K Kent, 5K Western, $0.00 AZ :'(, waiting on Temple.

Congrats! Both are great schools. You can’t go wrong either way.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats. Great stats and everything.

May I ask you why podiatry instead of MD/DO?

Congrats. Great stats and everything.

May I ask you why podiatry instead of MD/DO?

Thanks!

Of course I can go on and on about why I love podiatry. If it was the first field of medicine/surgery that I worked in or shadowed in, that may have been the end of the story.

At the same time, I don't regret having seen a variety of fields before finding "the one". I definitely learned a lot about what I don't like about certain types of specialties, and those experience primed me to know what to look for as well. I have very specific goals for where I want to be in 15 years and some programs conflict with those plans. I've found others to result in a poor work/life balance, unfulfilling day-to-day routine, etc. I see no point in accumulating the risk of matching into a specialty that I wouldn't be happy in when I have the opportunity to go straight in to something I know I'd love right from the start.

Plus a billion other things :)

Last edited:
Excited to share my information!!

Stats: sGPA: 3.14, cGPA: 3.38, MCAT: 489, about 20 hours of pod shadowing, currently working with a podiatrist in an endocrine and diabetes practice
Applied: NYCPM, Temple, Barry, CSPM, Scholl, AZPOD
Interview invites so far: NYCPM, Barry, CSPM, Scholl
Waitlist: AZPOD
Rejected: Temple straight out rejected me within 24 hours
Interviewed at: Barry, CSPM
Accepted: Barry, CSPM, with $5,000 scholarships to both

I really liked both schools, but my heart is telling me CSPM, mostly because CSPM has the 2nd year clinical start. I am not sure if this will be beneficial or will hurt my academic studies, however, I really like that in my 2nd year, I won't be in class all week long!
Interviewing at NYCPM in a couple days, but I am thinking of cancelling because I really loved CSPM!! I am probably cancelling my Scholl interview as well.

Can't wait to hear others that are choosing CSPM!!

I really liked both schools, but my heart is telling me CSPM, mostly because CSPM has the 2nd year clinical start. I am not sure if this will be beneficial or will hurt my academic studies,

You'll like it.

Going in I thought they were using early clinicals and diverse rotation sites just as a selling point.

Appreciated it a lot more after summer hell + clinic and now Fall of 2nd year.

It gets your head out of your ass and reminds you why you need to work hard in class. What the point of all those classes are. You will see the things you studied in clinic directly.

Either program will prepare you well. Best of luck and represent our profession well going forward.

Excited to share my information!!

Stats: sGPA: 3.14, cGPA: 3.38, MCAT: 489, about 20 hours of pod shadowing, currently working with a podiatrist in an endocrine and diabetes practice
Applied: NYCPM, Temple, Barry, CSPM, Scholl, AZPOD
Interview invites so far: NYCPM, Barry, CSPM, Scholl
Waitlist: AZPOD
Rejected: Temple straight out rejected me within 24 hours
Interviewed at: Barry, CSPM
Accepted: Barry, CSPM, with $5,000 scholarships to both

I really liked both schools, but my heart is telling me CSPM, mostly because CSPM has the 2nd year clinical start. I am not sure if this will be beneficial or will hurt my academic studies, however, I really like that in my 2nd year, I won't be in class all week long!
Interviewing at NYCPM in a couple days, but I am thinking of cancelling because I really loved CSPM!! I am probably cancelling my Scholl interview as well.

When did you apply for the CSPM scholarship, and how quick did they respond to you? Also have you put the 1,000 deposit for CSPM?

When did you apply for the CSPM scholarship, and how quick did they respond to you? Also have you put the 1,000 deposit for CSPM?
I got the scholarship with my acceptance. I have not deposited yet I still have about a month. I probably will deposit soon though.

Go where u can succeed. Make sure to take close look at the curriculum.

Tho a 10k/year free money is hard to pass up ;)

I bet that Temple will give you a really good scholarship. You have great stats!

Last edited:
My wife is from Sacramento, so we are literally in the same boat as far as that goes. Did you already put your deposit down?

We have a few students who have significant other + kids in Sac.

They compromised by getting a small apartment in Oakland so the student could stay there during the week and still come home for weekends.

Stats: Biology major, cGPA 3.55, sGPA 3.68, MCAT 501.
Experiences: Various volunteer with recognized organizations such as Boy Scouts of America, Habitat for Humanity, LiveSTRONG foundation, some stuff for undergraduate institution service, and religious volunteer work. Several leadership positions including biology teaching assistant for 5 semesters, chemistry teaching assistant for 2 semesters, high school track assistant coach, leadership on collegiate XC and track team, Shift lead into assistant manager at work, counselor at youth camp, and some student government and clubs leadership. I volunteered in a hospital for about 2-3 hours a week for a little over a year. I attended several "Taking the Next Step" podiatry conferences, I was also able to visit the Western Foot and Ankle conference this year in California. I was involved in a podiatric medical club on my undergraduate campus and shadowed 4 different podiatrists for a total of about 70 hours. Was on the dean's list in undergraduate for 6 semesters, and I feel like I wrote a pretty descent personal statement (humble brag).
Applied: CSPM, WesternU, AZPOD, Scholl, DMU, Kent
Interview invites to all but DMU, after not getting back to me for a month I emailed them to ask about it... I guess they didn't like that.
Interviewed at CSPM, WesternU, and Kent
Cancelled other interviews after CSPM acceptance w/ $5000, WesternU acceptance w/ $5000 and Kent acceptance.

A few weeks ago I put down my deposit to attend at CSPM this fall. I really liked the faculty and staff there as well as the student culture. I loved the amount of clinical exposure and the programs they have relationships with for rotations and residencies. Also my wife didn't want to go to southern California, and my son could say Oakland easier than Pomona (which was the real deciding factor).

Reactions: 6 users
Nice! Your gonna make the profession proud.

Experiences: Various volunteer with recognized organizations such as Boy Scouts of America, Habitat for Humanity, LiveSTRONG foundation, some stuff for undergraduate institution service, and religious volunteer work. Several leadership positions including biology teaching assistant for 5 semesters, chemistry teaching assistant for 2 semesters, high school track assistant coach, leadership on collegiate XC and track team, Shift lead into assistant manager at work, counselor at youth camp, and some student government and clubs leadership. I volunteered in a hospital for about 2-3 hours a week for a little over a year. I attended several "Taking the Next Step" podiatry conferences, I was also able to visit the Western Foot and Ankle conference this year in California. I was involved in a podiatric medical club on my undergraduate campus and shadowed 4 different podiatrists for a total of about 70 hours. Was on the dean's list in undergraduate for 6 semesters, and I feel like I wrote a pretty descent personal statement (humble brag).
Interview invites to all but DMU, after not getting back to me for a month I emailed them to ask about it... I guess they didn't like that.
Cancelled other interviews after CSPM acceptance w/ $5000, WesternU acceptance w/ $5000 and Kent acceptance.

A few weeks ago I put down my deposit to attend at CSPM this fall. I really liked the faculty and staff there as well as the student culture. I loved the amount of clinical exposure and the programs they have relationships with for rotations and residencies. Also my wife didn't want to go to southern California, and my son could say Oakland easier than Pomona (which was the real deciding factor).

Congratulations! You will do great!

Great application.

It is really weird that you didnt get II from DMU

heyy! pm me! I have also deposited to CSPM!!

I got the scholarship with my acceptance. I have not deposited yet I still have about a month. I probably will deposit soon though.
Ok, also... Have you considered NYCPM? Just got accepted there but I’m a little torn between CSPM sand NYCPM. I hear NYCPM has a tough curriculum

Ok, also... Have you considered NYCPM? Just got accepted there but I’m a little torn between CSPM sand NYCPM. I hear NYCPM has a tough curriculum

NYCPM has mandatory attendance policy...so if you don't like being in lec all day long, go to the other school; but the curriculum overall is the same between all 9 schools!

I think all the schools have a tough curriculum. It is still medical school! It will not be easy. But what I think separates the two is the resources that the school gives you to do better in classes. Like in CSPM, students were telling me that professors record their lectures, so we don't have to attend every single class, that we know we can do better by just studying at home. At NYCPM, attendance is mandatory. There is also peer tutors at CSPM, so that is very helpful. The biggest pro I see is starting clinicals in your second year, giving you something to be excited for in your first year while taking all the hard classes!

I bet that Temple will give you a really good scholarship

UPDATE: Got my unofficial acceptance to Temple in an email today! No mention of scholarship though... Anyone know if should I expect mention of scholarship in the official hard copy of the letter? Or should I assume I'm not being offered one?

Regardless, t
The next 30 days are gonna have the mouse in my head sweatin'. Tough decision between MWU and Temple for me.

EDIT: read the full letter before making a fool of yourself haha. I was looking for dollar signs but it does say that info will be included in the packet being sent by snail mail.

Last edited:
1. CGPA 3.74, SGPA 3.6
2. Mcat 485
3. 25 hours of shadowing, 3000 hours of patient care hours, 2 years of volunteer church mission, fluent in Spanish
4. I applied to Scholls, CSPM, Barry, Kent, DMU, and Western.
5. Accepted to CSPM and Barry ($5K scholarship) and I am 80% sure that I will be attending CSPM.
hey! I will be attending CSPM! did you make the decision?

1. CGPA 3.74, SGPA 3.6
2. Mcat 485
3. 25 hours of shadowing, 3000 hours of patient care hours, 2 years of volunteer church mission, fluent in Spanish
4. I applied to Scholls, CSPM, Barry, Kent, DMU, and Western.
5. Accepted to CSPM and Barry ($5K scholarship) and I am 80% sure that I will be attending CSPM.
How do I apply for a loan? What is the best type of loan to get? Do I have to contact the school or FAFSA to get the loan?

How do I apply for a loan? What is the best type of loan to get? Do I have to contact the school or FAFSA to get the loan?

Through FAFSA.

Same process as you would for undergrad or graduate school.

Contact your school's financial aid office for details. They will tell you everything you need to fill out.

Apply for FAFSA. Once you are accepted, school will provide you with all the information you need for federal loans. You will then pick and sign for loans and amounts you want to get.

Apply for FAFSA. Once you are accepted, school will provide you with all the information you need for federal loans. You will then pick and sign for loans and amounts you want to get.
Thank you. I start next August. I applied for FAFSA last month. So now I will apply for the loan thru FAFSA.

Thank you. I start next August. I applied for FAFSA last month. So now I will apply for the loan thru FAFSA.
At my school, we weren't given any information on loans until like after July. I dont think you can apply for loans without school giving you all the information and necessary paperwork to fill out. But maybe other schools do it differently.

At my school, we weren't given any information on loans until like after July. I dont think you can apply for loans without school giving you all the information and necessary paperwork to fill out. But maybe other schools do it differently.
Thank you. I’m just afraid that I start too late and don’t have the funds to pay.