AACPMAS 2020-2021 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2025)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! So with LORs what is the recommended or max amount you should submit? I have the info for each school but does it look bad to send more? I just have LOR from internships I've done that I would like to include if possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! So with LORs what is the recommended or max amount you should submit? I have the info for each school but does it look bad to send more? I just have LOR from internships I've done that I would like to include if possible.

There isn't a number per se, but normally you should have at least 3 LORs. Typically 2 from sci professors, 1 from DPM.
This changes if you are a non-trad and can't get a prof letter, these students will get a letter from their employment/research, etc.

There isn't a number per se, but normally you should have at least 3 LORs. Typically 2 from sci professors, 1 from DPM.
This changes if you are a non-trad and can't get a prof letter, these students will get a letter from their employment/research, etc.
So is it okay to send an extra letter from an internship or another physician even if it doesn't say if we can send more?

Members don't see this ad :)
So is it okay to send an extra letter from an internship or another physician even if it doesn't say if we can send more?

If you think it will help your application then send it, but if you have already sent in the sci professor and the DPM letter then you probably won't need an extra one.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
Does anyone know the number of students accepted to NYCPM's decelrated program? Applying to the January term and just wanted to get an idea? Also, if anyone on here is/has applied there?

Hi!
Does anyone know the number of students accepted to NYCPM's decelrated program? Applying to the January term and just wanted to get an idea? Also, if anyone on here is/has applied there?
I think around 20.

I have a LOR from a professor I only spent a semester with, I only want to send it to schools that require two letters from a science faculty. How do I prevent this LOR from being sent to all schools? This is only because the professor that originally agreed to write my LOR went AWOL on me and I scrambled to get a second LOR from the sciences

I have a LOR from a professor I only spent a semester with, I only want to send it to schools that require two letters from a science faculty. How do I prevent this LOR from being sent to all schools? This is only because the professor that originally agreed to write my LOR went AWOL on me and I scrambled to get a second LOR from the sciences

you can choose which letters you want to send using interfolio.

How long does it actually take to be verified?

I'm wondering the same thing. My application just changed from received to completed. I read online that it may take up to 2 weeks but I feel like it should be faster since it's early on. I'll be sure to post when it has changed to verified, hopefully others will do the same!

I'm wondering the same thing. My application just changed from received to completed. I read online that it may take up to 2 weeks but I feel like it should be faster since it's early on. I'll be sure to post when it has changed to verified, hopefully others will do the same!

Mine was verified yesterday! I’m sure you will be hearing soon too

you can choose which letters you want to send using interfolio.
Is this the same as using the AACPMAS application function where they send the requests for evaluations through the website? Or do I need to send requests for evaluations separately using interfolio?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do schools usually wait for LORs to come in to send an interview invite?

Do schools usually wait for LORs to come in to send an interview invite?

1 or 2 schools may wait if i remember correctly. Most will interview without it. Most will likely accept without it as well.

Reactions: 2 users
1 or 2 schools may wait if i remember correctly. Most will interview without it. Most will likely accept without it as well.
Thanks for sharing! I will be keeping my eyes glued to my email then lol. Does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview invite?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing! I will be keeping my eyes glued to my email then lol. Does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview invite?
I've been told/heard/read on here that it can take up to two weeks to receive an answer about an interview. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Within 24 hrs after application is processed.
Right. But if I am not mistaken, it takes approximately two weeks to be processed? Or am I wrong? Obviously every school will probably process it at a different speed if I could guess?

Right. But if I am not mistaken, it takes approximately two weeks to be processed? Or am I wrong? Obviously every school will probably process it at a different speed if I could guess?

Correct. Any longer, you should consider calling AACPMAS directly because it may be an issue on their end.

Had everything inputted and was awaiting application processing. Waited 3 weeks. Called AACPMAS. They had it "processed" same day. Received invites within next 48 hrs.

Doesn't take long for school to look at your file. Could probably scan personal statement, CV, transcript in 30-45min.

Takes long to have it processed by AACPMAS so schools can receive it.

Reactions: 1 users

This may be stupid but what’s the difference between processed and verified?

I am not quite sure the difference, Weirdy or Dexter might have a better answer for that than me. My assumption is that when your application is verified, it means that they have reviewed your application for any errors on your transcript and courses you have taken and that they have sent it forward to the school(s) that you applied to.

Reactions: 1 users
I am not quite sure the difference, Weirdy or Dexter might have a better answer for that than me. My assumption is that when your application is verified, it means that they have reviewed your application for any errors on your transcript and courses you have taken and that they have sent it forward to the school(s) that you applied to.

Above is correct by @AJmilller1123

Processing is simply AACPMAS receiving everything from the applicant like transcripts and stuff. Once they have everything, the verification process begins which means: checking everything and making sure it is all correct before sending out the completed-verified application to your programs.

Read more:

Interesting. I’ve been verified (yesterday at 2am or something) and haven’t had invites yet. Scholl gave me their login info today. So maybe Invites will start tomorrow?

Interesting. I’ve been verified (yesterday at 2am or something) and haven’t had invites yet. Scholl gave me their login info today. So maybe Invites will start tomorrow?
When did you submit your application?

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys, just had a few questions.
My transcripts had to be sent in by mail and I was wondering if I should submit my AACPMAS before then, upload unofficial transcripts and send out my application while I wait for them to get in, or simply just wait for them to come in?

I’m having trouble with getting my letters in with interfolio. I’ve copied and pasted their error report:

Unfortunately, we cannot proceed with this request because the web site requires supplemental information from your letter writer in order to complete the upload.

This particular letter request requires us to answer question/s like:
--How long have you known the applicant?
--How well do you know the applicant?

We can only bypass these questions if there is specifically an “N/A” option or by skipping the questions altogether, and unfortunately this letter request does not allow for either of these options.

I’ve contacted AACPMAS and they told me interfolio is a 3rd party and there’s nothing we can do.

Not sure what to do at this point. I just want to get verified ASAP. My app is ready to go expect for these two issues. Any help/advice would be great.
Thanks all!

Hi all, just wanted to share some info. I submitted my application through AACPMAS last night at 8pm (EST), and as of 3:30pm (EST) today, it has been verified. I was pleasantly surprised/relieved that it was verified as fast as it was. I will keep updating as I receive interview requests/rejections.

Hi all, just wanted to share some info. I submitted my application through AACPMAS last night at 8pm (EST), and as of 3:30pm (EST) today, it has been verified. I was pleasantly surprised/relieved that it was verified as fast as it was. I will keep updating as I receive interview requests/rejections.

Atta boy

Would you guys say it's better to be the last person they do a 1 on 1 interview with for the day or the first? Or does it not matter and I'm overthinking lol

Would you guys say it's better to be the last person they do a 1 on 1 interview with for the day or the first? Or does it not matter and I'm overthinking lol

Don't worry about that. Understand your profile. Ask one really good question that will get the doc thinking. Profit?

First is always best in my opinion. Otherwise you may feed off the energy or lack thereof of the previous interviewee(s) when they return. Which could help or hurt you depending on your personality.

You may not have to worry about that anyways. Covid anyone? Virtual?

It does not really matter as long as you are well prepared for the interview.

So the DPM I’ve worked for for over 2 years wrote me a LOR and I sent it out via Interfolio because it passed the “quality check”. But it doesn’t have a signature. Am I screwed? It’s probably my strongest letter because she’s known me since I was a freshman plus she’s a DPM.

So the DPM I’ve worked for for over 2 years wrote me a LOR and I sent it out via Interfolio because it passed the “quality check”. But it doesn’t have a signature. Am I screwed? It’s probably my strongest letter because she’s known me since I was a freshman plus she’s a DPM.

If she submitted the letter, using her work email address, and has an official letterhead/seal/logo of her work, then you're fine.
Otherwise, ask her to sign it and submit again and then send the signed letter to programs.

If she submitted the letter, using her work email address, and has an official letterhead/seal/logo of her work, then you're fine.
Otherwise, ask her to sign it and submit again and then send the signed letter to programs.
It’s on a letterhead but on the practice managers Personal gmail (which she uses for work but I guess schools wouldn’t know that) since she handles everything like this. Should I still resend it? I just don’t want schools to think a forged at a letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s on a letterhead but on the practice managers Personal gmail (which she uses for work but I guess schools wouldn’t know that) since she handles everything like this. Should I still resend it? I just don’t want schools to think a forged at a letter.

its fine then, programs can contact her if they need to. no need to resend it again.

its fine then, programs can contact her if they need to. no need to resend it again.
If schools don’t accept it and want it signed would get reach out to me? They don’t just throw away an application right?

If anyone is having issues releasing MCAT scores to AACPMAS- you can do it directly on the AAMC website where your scores are released. Additionally, I was wondering why my official scores were not being posted to my AACPMAS application, so I called and the representative immediately manually inputed them, and I received 3 emails about 30 minutes later from schools saying that they had received the scores and that they were reviewing my application. Hopefully I should be hearing about interviews within the next one to two weeks. Just some info if anyone was in the same boat. Good luck everyone!

Just got an interview invite from temple. I was wondering where i can find the thread for previous interview experiences

Just got an interview invite from temple. I was wondering where i can find the thread for previous interview experiences

You can go over the thread from the last cycle, see my first post in this thread about the links.

You can also go over the interview section part of SDN by clicking on the link in post 1 here:

On the interview invite, they tell us to email a certain campus representative to set up the interview date. Since the invite said interviews are typically Mondays or Fridays, are we expected to send our own availability dates to the person or just request the representative to send us dates ?

On the interview invite, they tell us to email a certain campus representative to set up the interview date. Since the invite said interviews are typically Mondays or Fridays, are we expected to send our own availability dates to the person or just request the representative to send us dates ?
I just sent the representative an email asking for the next available dates and then picked one.

Hi everyone, I have a few questions.

1. what is considered to be a competitive mcat score/gpa?
2. which schools offer the most scholarship rewards?
3. are dpm students eligible for the hpsp military scholarship?

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

1. 3.5 + 500 MCAT. Higher you go, more scholarship money
2. Varies at each school. Factor in cost of living expenses. Email each school for more information.
3. Yes but not a lot of spots and very competitive.

Please use the search function and do your research. Please also try to shadow or talk to a DPM about their day to day work life before jumping ship from DO. Your specialty is locked in from Day 1.