Acceptance Stats for Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since some of you have already been accepted to a program (CONGRATS :clap: ), I thought I'd make this thread for class of 2024. Info here will help future students about their chances.

Please post your stats below in a similar order:

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci)
2. MCAT Score
3. Shadowing hours & ECs
4. # of programs applied to
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered
6. Attending program:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
1. GPAc: 3.47, GPAs: 3.68
2. MCAT - 508 (127,124,127,130)
3. 12 hrs shadowing, 3000 hrs ER Scribe, 200 as medical interpreter & CNA, 2-year proselyting mission for Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 65 hrs in planning and executing community service health fair, Tutoring/TA'ing for O-chem
4. Applied to 9 programs
5. Invited to all 9, interviewed at 2: MWU and DMU, both offered $5,000 merit scholarship. Samuel Merritt offered 15K, but I didn't interview
6. Going to DMU!! MWU was first choice, but interview day made me feel more comfortable with DMU. :) So excited!

Reactions: 1 users
1. GPAc: 3.00, GPAs: 2.67, GPAnon-science 3.48
2. MCAT: 490 on both tries (121/122/122/125 & 121/122/123/124)
3. 24 hrs pod shadowing; also shadowed ortho foot & ankle surgery, family medicine, and pediatrics; ~2600 hours of research by the time I start my program in Fall 2020; very extensive leadership in a cultural organization, unique campus involvement and volunteer service; full-time paid internship; campus job
4. Applied to Barry, NYCPM, Temple, Scholl, and Kent
5. Accepted to Barry with 5k scholarship (my top choice); got denied interviews at the rest and yet to hear back from Scholl.
6. Going to Barry! I am very lucky considering my extremely poor stats. Something must have stood out to them. I am ready for a clean slate and to work hard! Anything is possible, don't be scared to apply!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Since some of you have already been accepted to a program (CONGRATS :clap: ), I thought I'd make this thread for class of 2024. Info here will help future students about their chances.

Please post your stats below in a similar order:

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci)
2. MCAT Score
3. Shadowing hours & ECs
4. # of programs applied to
6. Attending program:
1. CUML GPA 3.3 SCI GPA 2.9
2. 491 (121/124/123/123)
3. 60 hours shadowing, and homeless podiatry outreach clinic for 90 hrs.
4. Applied to only Western U.
5. Interviewed at Western U CPM on 09/17 and was accepted the next day 09/18.
6.Attending Western U as this was my first choice!!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
cGPA: 3.37
sGPA: 2.84
non-science GPA: 3.75 (English major)
MCAT: 509 (127, 128, 127, 127)
Shadowed general surgeon for 2 years (800+ hours), volunteered in emergency department in hospital for 2 years (200 hours), summer clinical research (140 hours), pod shadowing (10 hours), worked part-time for 4 years in college.
Applied to all 9 programs. Offered interviews at all 9. Only interviewed at NYCPM and Temple.
Accepted to NYCPM ($5,000 scholarship), Temple ($8,000 scholarship.)
Will be attending NYCPM!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Shadowed general surgeon for 2 years (800+ hours), volunteered in emergency department in hospital for 2 years (200 hours), summer clinical research (140 hours), pod shadowing (10 hours), worked part-time for 4 years in college.
Applied to all 9 programs. Offered interviews at all 9. Only interviewed at NYCPM and Temple.
Will be attending NYCPM!
January or August?

1. GPA: 3.1 sGPA: 2.8
2. MCAT Score: 499
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 4 years of shadowing Ortho Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, Head and Neck Surgeon, and Podiatrist (about 7,500hrs total fully compensated), 4 Years of Division 1 sports (served as captain for 2 yrs)
4. # of programs applied to 1 (NYCPM)
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered NYCPM w Scholarship
6. Attending program: attending NYCPM in January

1. GPAc: 3.76, GPAs: 3.63
2. MCAT - 509 (128,124,128,129)
3. 30 hrs shadowing
4. Applied to 3 programs: MWU, DMU, Temple
5. Invited at all 3, Temple offered 14k, DMU offered 5k
6. #DMUbound

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Will be attending NYCPM!
Congrats!! If you or anyone has any questions about NYCPM, I’m more than happy to answer. - 1st Year

1. cGPA: 3.57 & sGPA: 3.51
2. 499 (126, 122, 127, 124)
3. Podiatry Related: Shadowed three podiatrists for total of 59 hours.
Other medical fields shadowed: 360h w/ General Surgery, 5h w/ Internal Medicine, 25h w/ Orthopedic Surgery, 5h w/ Pediatrics, 8h w/ Cardiothoracic Surgery (OR).
Research: 320h w/ Tel Aviv Research lab, 850h+ w/ Cincinnati Children's, 330h w/ University of Chicago Pathology
Extracurriculars: 2000h+ through fraternity leadership, hospital volunteering, youth hostel volunteering
4. 5 programs (DMU, Kent, Scholl, Temple, MWU)
5. Offered interviews at all, interviewed at Scholl and fell in love w/ the school)
6. Attending program: Will be going to Scholl!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
1. cGPA: 3.57 & sGPA: 3.51
2. 499 (126, 122, 127, 124)
3. Podiatry Related: Shadowed three podiatrists for total of 59 hours.
Other medical fields shadowed: 360h w/ General Surgery, 5h w/ Internal Medicine, 25h w/ Orthopedic Surgery, 5h w/ Pediatrics, 8h w/ Cardiothoracic Surgery (OR).
Research: 320h w/ Tel Aviv Research lab, 850h+ w/ Cincinnati Children's, 330h w/ University of Chicago Pathology
Extracurriculars: 2000h+ through fraternity leadership, hospital volunteering, youth hostel volunteering
4. 5 programs (DMU, Kent, Scholl, Temple, MWU)
5. Offered interviews at all, interviewed at Scholl and fell in love w/ school)
6. Attending program: Will be going to Scholl!
Solid app

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to post my stats for all the people wondering their shot. I was just accepted and will be heading to Temple (insane clinic and city life is awesome). I applied to all, got an interview to all, went to Kent/Temple/DMU and Temple was the best option for me by far. Got accepted to all three and with a $15k merit to Kent, $14k merit to Temple, and $5k merit to DMU.

cGPA: 3.4
sGPA: 3.55
MCAT: 509 (128/126/129/126)
600+ hrs shadowing 3 different DPMs
500+ shadowing MD and DO
150+ hrs ER volunteer
Temple Summer Intern 2018
Microbio Research for senior project
Some other volunteering
In a fraternity and help raise thousands of dollars for cancer research every year.

ALSO not a shy and quiet person! I went to multiple interviews and this seemed to be an issue for a few people. We are planning a career where you talk to 50+ different people every single day and sometimes tell them serious and awful news. You cant be shy and antisocial, if so do the Ph.D route, you can help a lot of people there. The interview process for these schools is very laid back but if you cant talk well and dont connect with the people around you on a notable basis to the eyes of your interviewers and ambassadors, it will show in your interview. Especially if you have low stats, be VOCAL and happy to be there. Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my stats with anyone who has similar stats!

1. GPA: 3.3 sGPA: 3.2
2. MCAT Score: 500 (1st time writing)
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 60+ hours shadowing 2 different Podiatrists, involved in 3 research labs over undergrad.
4. # of programs applied to 1: Scholl
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Scholl w Scholarship
6. Attending program: paid my deposit at Scholl! :)

I am a Canadian student and I am looking forward to meeting everyone else attending!
Goodluck everyone!!

congrats. Will see you there. Can't wait to start

Members don't see this ad :)
cGPA 3.36, sGPA 3.20
MCAT: 495 (126, 122,124,123)
Pod: ~150 hours as of right now (working as a MA/scribe/receptionist in a pod office)
~700 hours undergrad research, ~130 hospital volunteering, 4 clubs (2 of which I had a leadership position), minors in Chemistry and Art History
Applied to Temple, NYCPM and Kent
Offered interviews at all, declined interview at Kent
Accepted: Temple (5k), NYCPM (not sure yet)
Attending: Temple

cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.43
MCAT: 494 (chem phys: 122; bio: 126; cars 123; psych/soc: 123)
shadowing hours: 700 (podiatry, pediatric orthopaedics, internal medicine)
worked in a level one trauma hospital for over 4 years (OR technician and emergency clerk)
completed one year of research during undergrad

Received interview invites for NYCPM, Temple, Barry, and Midwestern
(Interviewing at Midwestern in a couple of weeks and my other choices are Barry and Temple)

Update: I was accepeted to AZPOD and have chosen to go there. I chose to not interview at the rest of the schools.

Last edited:
Congrats on your upcoming interviews!
Did you apply to all podiatry schools?

1. GPAs: cGPA - 3.2 sGPA - 3.15
2. MCAT Score: 515
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 300 Hours shadowing combination of Podiatrist, General Surgeon, Neurosurgeon, Internist
3000+ Hours Research, 7 Pubs and 2 Presentations, 2 Filed Patents
600+ Hours Tutoring, Hospital Volunteering, Community Volunteering, American Red Cross, etc.
1000+ Hours Training in Pharmaceutical Industry Research and Development
Currently finishing B.S/M.S program in Chemistry
4. # of programs applied to: 5 Programs - NYCPM, TUSPM, Kent, AZPOD, Barry - Received interview invites at all programs, chose to only attend interviews at Kent, NYCPM, TUSPM in that order
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Accepted to Kent, NYCPM, TUSPM, Full Scholarship at all locations.
6. Attending program: NYCPM Class of 2024

*** One thing i forgot to add, I never submitted a rec letter from a podiatrist and I got acceptances to the above mentioned schools, not sure if its an oversight or what, but w/e
This is awesome. Full-ride is even better!

they probably meant some type of $$ from all the schools, not full-ride per se (no program gives a full-free ride).
Yea i should be more accurate, I received the maximum scholarship that each school has to offer.

I’m so happy for each and every one of you that has had the opportunity to post in this forum! & I am so excited to see even more posts on this forum in the coming months.

1. GPA: 3.7 sGPA: 3.5
2. MCAT Score: 492
3. Shadowing hours: literally only 10
4. ECs: Gen chem & orgo TA for 3 years, electrochemistry publication in Journal of Chemical Education, two mission trips to Honduras (one with leadership position), STEM tutor for elementary school kids for past two years
5. # of programs applied to 4: Scholl, Barry, Des Moines, Kent
6. Interviews attended: Scholl and Barry, declined interviews at Kent and Des Moines
7. Programs accepted to and if any scholarships offered: Scholl (7.5k), Barry (10k)
8. Attending program: Scholl!

1. GPAs: undergrad cum:2.96 , grad cum: 3.45, cum sci: 3.09
2. MCAT Score : 487
3. Shadowing hours & ECs pod hours: 50 non pod: 200 Got my MS in Biomedical Sciences, worked in a lab for 2 years, community service in prison ministry
4. # of programs applied to: 4- Barry, MidwesternAZ, Scholl, Temple
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: 1- Scholl- invited to Barry and Scholl, rejected by barry + temple , haven't heard back from midwestern
6. Attending program: Scholl

Last edited:
1. GPAs: undergrad cum:2.96 , grad cum: 3.45, cum sci: 3.09
2. MCAT Score : 487
3. Shadowing hours & ECs pod hours: 50 non pod: 200 Got my MS in Biomedical Sciences, worked in a lab for 2 years, community service in prison ministry
4. # of programs applied to: 4- Barry, MidwesternAZ, Scholl, Temple
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: 1- Scholl- invited to Barry and Scholl, rejected by barry + temple , haven't heard back from midwestern
6. Attending program: Scholl

Congrats! Barry rejected you post interview?

Congrats! Barry rejected you post interview?
YES! I was shocked! i interviewed with them last year and they rejected me as well. i think I just wasn't a good fit to the school because one of my friends who is a 2pod has the exact same stats as I do. But it is okay I fell in love with Scholl so it worked out!

I should add mine in even though I’m still debating!

1.CGPA: 3.2
SGPA: 3.1

2. MCAT:
494 (bummer :< )

3. Shadowing and ECs:
Hospital Volunteering = 600+ hours
Leadership position in the Hospital Volunteering program = 200+ hours
Shadowing DO = 40 hours
Shadowing MD = 80 hours
Shadowing DPM = 14 hours

Leadership roles: founded an organization in postbac/grad school, held 4 officer positions in pre-health organizations, 1 officer position in non-health related organization.

Research experience: 3+ years and presented at the AACC back in 2017.

4: # of programs applied to:
7 (except Barry and AZPOD)

5: Program accepted to and scholarships:
Interview invites from all within a week. Attended WUCPM. Got the acceptance with 3k scholarship.
I was offered provisional 15k scholarship from CSPM with possible increased amount the following year. Scheduled to attend interview on the 20th of December.

6: Attending program:
Still deciding at the moment. Most likely WUCPM as I’m local and loved the program as one of the professors went over the program curricula and clinical.

Would love to speak to some people who had to think about pod vs Carib to get some sense into me. XD Otherwise, hopefully see you some of you in Western!
And, I’m more than happy to help anyone as I received a lot of help from this community! If you’re going to WUCPM, lmk!

Would love to speak to some people who had to think about pod vs Carib to get some sense into me.

Here people will tell you to do Pod...it makes sense logically.
IMO, you should have shadowed (pod) more before applying and being accepted to a Pod program.

If you need more SDN perspective, there is a current thread where OP is considering SGU (Grenada) vs Pod..check it out.

Here people will tell you to do Pod...it makes sense logically.
IMO, you should have shadowed (pod) more before applying and being accepted to a Pod program.

If you need more SDN perspective, there is a current thread where OP is considering SGU (Grenada) vs Pod..check it out.

I will continue to keep my eyes on that thread :)

Thank you for your help btw :)

@somebodysedateme, @hgreen45, @conmegalous, @jackietrevi, and anyone else applying/accepted/deposited to Scholl, if you guys have any questions let me know! I am a first year there and absolutely love Scholl. Awesome program to be at. Great professors, great community, lots of support for their students. Being in an interprofessional environment with different medical profession students such as PT, PA, MD, Pharm, etc, is an awesome way to build all your future relationships with these providers.

@Ryomagoku
To answer your question for those deciding between Pod vs Carib:
I think they'd be better off studying on their home turf than elsewhere. I was at a cross roads between going to Kent Podiatry in Ohio or Ross Medical School in Caribbean with a scholarship. Although my goal as a pre-med was to become an Emergency Physician, I knew it would be risky to take Caribbean (high tuition, away from home, match rate for residency has bad outlook for any specialty other than Internal Med / Family practice, and overall being an FMG) over accredited school in U.S. (many benefits). I've come to realization that I couldn't get my stats up, which made me disappointed in myself but Kent is giving me an opportunity so I'm going to take it!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I am happy for all of you who have been accepted and for those applying, good luck! As for me, I unreluctantly became a non-traditional student (wanted to go med straight off undergrad --- but as you'll see, that didn't happen) but in the end, I was finally accepted :p

Here's my beautiful underdog stats:

1. cGPA: 3.37 (Undergrad & Graduate - #MostAverageApplicantEver)
sGPA: 3.30
2. MCAT: 487 (3rd time oof)

3. Shadowing hours: 100 (podiatry, orthopaedics, internal medicine, primary care-osteopathy, anesthesiology)
Per diem Medical Assistant for 2 years at a Level II Trauma Center
Per diem Medical Scribe for 1 year at Level II Emergency Department
Clinical hours: 1150
Completed a Special Masters Program at a DO school
Anthropology Research for 1 year
Study / volunteer abroad in 2 countries
Executive Board officer for 2 organizations during undergrad

4. 2018-2019 Cycle: Applied to bunch of DO programs, Kent, Temple, and NYCPM
Waitlisted at LMU-DCOM and Kent
2019-2020 Cycle: Applied to Kent and Western

5. Accepted at Kent, withdrew app from Western
6. Going to Kent!!! Yay~

Hi everyone! I am happy for all of you who have been accepted and for those applying, good luck! As for me, I unreluctantly became a non-traditional student (wanted to go med straight off undergrad --- but as you'll see, that didn't happen) but in the end, I was finally accepted :p

Here's my beautiful underdog stats:

1. cGPA: 3.37 (Undergrad & Graduate - #MostAverageApplicantEver)
sGPA: 3.30
2. MCAT: 487 (3rd time oof)

3. Shadowing hours: 100 (podiatry, orthopaedics, internal medicine, primary care-osteopathy, anesthesiology)
Per diem Medical Assistant for 2 years at a Level II Trauma Center
Per diem Medical Scribe for 1 year at Level II Emergency Department
Clinical hours: 1150
Completed a Special Masters Program at a DO school
Anthropology Research for 1 year
Study / volunteer abroad in 2 countries
Executive Board officer for 2 organizations during undergrad

4. 2018-2019 Cycle: Applied to bunch of DO programs, Kent, Temple, and NYCPM
Waitlisted at LMU-DCOM and Kent
2019-2020 Cycle: Applied to Kent and Western

5. Accepted at Kent, withdrew app from Western
6. Going to Kent!!! Yay~
Congrats. But why didn't you start at Kent this year. I thought you were accepted to Kent last year.

Congrats!!:bow: Has anyone been accepted to CSPM and plan on attending in 2020?

Congrats. But why didn't you start at Kent this year. I thought you were accepted to Kent last year.

Oh I didn't get off the waitlist for Class of 2023, hence why I was automatically deferred to this current cycle so I will be starting in the Fall of 2020 (Class of 2024). Sorry for the confusion :p

1. GPAs: 3.43, 3.15
2. MCAT Score: 503
3. Shadowing hours & ECs:
-100+ shadowing Nephrologist, family practitioner
-50+ shadowing Podiatrists
-200+ volunteering in hospitals
ECs: NCAA athlete 4 years, Student Athlete Advisory committee member, Swam Alcatraz (lol came up in interviews), Officer for 2 medical clubs, co-founder of 1 pre-health org, working as a RBT with OTs and BCBAs for 1 year, tutoring kids with ADHD for 1 year, medical volunteering abroad, small retail jobs
4. # of programs applied to: All. IIs to all. Attended interviews at CSPM, Western, AZPOD, RFU, NYCPM, Temple
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Accepted into all, with scholarship at CSPM (10k/year) and 1st year scholarships at Western (4k) RFU (7.5k) Temple (11k)
6. Attending program: CSPM. SUPER hard decision and couldn’t decide between AZPOD, CSPM and Scholl, since each had something unique to offer and I felt “right” and thought I could succeed at every one of these schools. Ended up choosing the one near home due to diversity (there’s no where like the Bay Area), being near my support system, and most comfortable since med school is gonna be rough no matter where I go.

Sorry to hijack. I'm a little apprehensive to apply. I have a CGPA / SGPA of 3.1 and 492 MCAT. Extensive health care experience, research, leadership etc but I have no DPM letter. But I did work directly with the DPM and that's what sparked my interest in the field. Am I completely screwed without the DPM letter?

Sorry to hijack. I'm a little apprehensive to apply. I have a CGPA / SGPA of 3.1 and 492 MCAT. Extensive health care experience, research, leadership etc but I have no DPM letter. But I did work directly with the DPM and that's what sparked my interest in the field. Am I completely screwed without the DPM letter?
You are most likely ok. I am not sure if schools have a hard policy for DPM letters. You can check their websites or contact admissions.

Anything you can do to improve your chances the better. If it's not too hard, I would get it.

You are most likely ok. I am not sure if schools have a hard policy for DPM letters. You can check their websites or contact admissions.

Anything you can do to improve your chances the better. If it's not too hard, I would get it.

I know :( the DPM I shadowed left the facility and I don't know where he went to even contact him for a letter. I'm having a really hard time finding another DPM to shadow. Thanks for your opinion.

1. GPAs: cGPA - 3.2 sGPA - 3.15
2. MCAT Score: 515
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 300 Hours shadowing combination of Podiatrist, General Surgeon, Neurosurgeon, Internist
3000+ Hours Research, 7 Pubs and 2 Presentations, 2 Filed Patents
600+ Hours Tutoring, Hospital Volunteering, Community Volunteering, American Red Cross, etc.
1000+ Hours Training in Pharmaceutical Industry Research and Development
Currently finishing B.S/M.S program in Chemistry
4. # of programs applied to: 5 Programs - NYCPM, TUSPM, Kent, AZPOD, Barry - Received interview invites at all programs, chose to only attend interviews at Kent, NYCPM, TUSPM in that order
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Accepted to Kent, NYCPM, TUSPM, Full Scholarship at all locations.
6. Attending program: NYCPM Class of 2024

*** One thing i forgot to add, I never submitted a rec letter from a podiatrist and I got acceptances to the above mentioned schools, not sure if its an oversight or what, but w/e

I know :( the DPM I shadowed left the facility and I don't know where he went to even contact him for a letter. I'm having a really hard time finding another DPM to shadow. Thanks for your opinion.

1. CGPA: 2.81
SGPA: 3.08

2. MCAT: 496

3. Shadowing DPM = 24 hours, other docs: 60 hours
Leadership roles: co founded a club in undergrad
Research experience: 1 year
Bunch of hours in different jobs and clinical experiences

4: # of programs applied to: cspm, kent scholl, nycm

5: Program accepted to and scholarships:
Accepted to kent with 2.5k

Congrats :bow:
To clarify, you did not interview at CSPM, SCPM, or NYCPM?

I took you guy's advice. Applied, was verified so quickly, that the very same day I got an interview invite from Kent. My AACPMAS GPA calculation was higher than I anticipated.
CGPA: 3.4
SGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 492
Pod shadowing and varieties of paid health care experience.
Interview: Kent
Accepted to Kent today!

My question for those that has been accepted to Kent. Will they send us some acceptance package with more info? I only got an email from Dr. Boike about my acceptance, nothing else...in terms of deposit etc. Thanks!

1. GPAc: 3.00, GPAs: 2.67, GPAnon-science 3.48
2. MCAT: 490 on both tries (121/122/122/125 & 121/122/123/124)
3. 24 hrs pod shadowing; also shadowed ortho foot & ankle surgery, family medicine, and pediatrics; ~2600 hours of research by the time I start my program in Fall 2020; very extensive leadership in a cultural organization, unique campus involvement and volunteer service; full-time paid internship; campus job
4. Applied to Barry, NYCPM, Temple, Scholl, and Kent
5. Accepted to Barry with 5k scholarship (my top choice); got denied interviews at the rest and yet to hear back from Scholl.
6. Going to Barry! I am very lucky considering my extremely poor stats. Something must have stood out to them. I am ready for a clean slate and to work hard! Anything is possible, don't be scared to apply!
Did you end up hearing back from Scholl?

1. GPAs:
cGPA: 3.107
sGPA: 2.87
2. MCAT Score
3. Shadowing hours & ECs:
4 years of NCAA D2 Football
Fraternity philanthropy chair and then VP
Currently on a gap year as a medical scribe
40+ hours shadowing two different DPM's
Completed a short undergrad research project by developing a qRT-PCR assay
4. # of programs applied to:

NYCPM, Temple, Kent, Scholl, DMU

Interview offers for all
Interviewed at Temple, DMU, Scholl
Accepted at all 3 with $7k, $5k, and $5k respectively
6. Attending program:

Both DMU and Scholl had far better facilities than Temple. The final choice was difficult, but DMU is just where I felt more comfortable. I will be attending DMU as a member of the class of 2024!