AACPMAS 2021-2022 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2026)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to another year of the AACPMAS Application Cycle for the Class of 2026 :cool:

Like previous years, the purpose of this thread will be to ask/share any application-related questions and share your acceptance stats.

The School-specific threads (link below) are program-specific, so topics in these threads should only be about that program. I hope the current 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years from all of the 9 colleges will help future students (please introduce yourselves in your program's thread).
Feel free to post in the school-specific threads for your program to help out prospective students.

School-specific threads: Podiatry School-Specific Discussions
2020-2021 cycle & Acceptance Stats: AACPMAS 2020-2021 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2025)
Acceptance Stats: Acceptance Stats for Class of 2024
Info about the Podiatry med school and the admissions process: Colleges - The American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine (AACPM)

After receiving an acceptance, please post your stats below in a similar order:

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci)

2. MCAT Score
3. Shadowing hours & ECs
4. # of programs applied to
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered

6. Attending program

GOOD LUCK!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my application verified! What are the next steps before schools reach out?

Hello!

Just submitted my application on 08/04 and everything was completed the next day on 08/05 (all LORs submitted, transcripts verified, etc). How long until schools reach out? Should I prepare in any way?

Hello!

Just submitted my application on 08/04 and everything was completed the next day on 08/05 (all LORs submitted, transcripts verified, etc). How long until schools reach out? Should I prepare in any way?
Don't have to prepare in anyway.

Once verified, offers within 24-48hrs or 14 business days.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello!

I think I got interview invites 2 weeks after submitting so don't stress if it takes a while. Once you know the places you're interviewing at, start preparing answers for the interview questions that people wrote on SDN.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello!

Just an update for those wondering about timeline:
08/04 - application submitted to NYCPM AND TUSPM
08/05 - all LORs submitted, transcripts verified, etc
08/09 - interviews offered at both
08/20 - interview day at NYCPM (they told me committee is meeting on Tues 08/24)
08/24 - accepted at NYCPM
08/27 - scheduled interview at TUSPM

I received a call and email about the NYCPM acceptance but no financial info or packages. I emailed to ask about it but they said I'd need to send a deposit and fill out FAFSA first but I'm not ready to make a decision yet without weighing the costs and the FAFSA for Fall 2022 doesn't open until October 1, 2021. My deadline for the deposit is Sept 25th. Is this normal?

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to AZPod, Barry, CSPM, and western. I applied the first week in august. I have received interview invites at both Barry as well as AZPod. Anyone heard from CSPM or Western? I haven't received anything from either of those schools.
Also I interview for AZPod the 13th of September and Barry the 8th. Anyone know how long after interviews I will hear back?

1. cGPA 3.4
sGPA 3.0
2. 496 MCAT
3. Probably 100 hours shadowing MDs and DOs, only like 5 with a DPM but explained that was due to covid difficulties.
4. Applied to all programs
5. Accepted to Kent State with a 5k first year scholarship
6. Will be attending Kent.

1. cGPA 3.4
sGPA 3.0
2. 496 MCAT
3. Probably 100 hours shadowing MDs and DOs, only like 5 with a DPM but explained that was due to covid difficulties.
4. Applied to all programs
5. Accepted to Kent State with a 5k first year scholarship
6. Will be attending Kent.

Congrats. It's very relaxing to get an A this early in the cycle. :giggle:

Members don't see this ad :)
08/20 - interview day at NYCPM (they told me committee is meeting on Tues 08/24)

I received a call and email about the NYCPM acceptance but no financial info or packages. I emailed to ask about it but they said I'd need to send a deposit and fill out FAFSA first but I'm not ready to make a decision yet without weighing the costs and the FAFSA for Fall 2022 doesn't open until October 1, 2021. My deadline for the deposit is Sept 25th. Is this normal?
Yes, Kent gave me 30 days to make a decision. It's annoying I know but I think it's normal for the schools to do this.

Did you specifically ask about scholarships in your email? Sounds like you asked them about financial aid info which is based on FAFSA and different from merit-based scholarship. Financial aid (loans) would come way later, probably next summer before school starts.

1. cGPA 3.7
sGPA 3.3
2. 493 MCAT
3. 1000 hours working as a MA at a podiatrists office
4. Applied to Midwestern, Barry, Western, Samuel Merritt.
5.Interview invites to all. Interviewed at Barry and Midwestern. Declined interviews at Western and Samuel Merritt.
6. Attending Midwestern!

1. cGPA 3.7
sGPA 3.3
2. 493 MCAT
3. 1000 hours working as a MA at a podiatrists office
4. Applied to Midwestern, Barry, Western, Samuel Merritt.
5.Interview invites to all. Interviewed at Barry and Midwestern. Declined interviews at Western and Samuel Merritt.
6. Attending Midwestern!

Congrats, good stats.

To everyone else getting an acceptance offer, please remember to update the interview feedback section for your future colleagues. Thank you.

cGPA: 3.74
sGPA: 3.6
MCAT: 494
- ~800 hours combined volunteering in hospitals, tutoring pre med majors, and working with underprivileged children (I co-founded a character club and am the Vice President and costume coordinator)
- about 175 hours shadowing plastic surgeons in Australia and derm in the US
- around 20 hours shadowing a podiatrist
- applied to 8 programs (all except Temple)
- offered interviews at all, interviewed at DMU, Midwestern, NYCPM, and Kent, declined interviews at the rest
- accepted to kent ($7,500 scholarship), Midwestern, nycpm ($5,000 per year), and DMU (very nice scholarship)
- going to DMU!

My stats:
cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 488
Shadowing: 100+ Pod, 800+ DO/MD
Volunteering: 3000+ I have a lot of leadership too so that really helped me w/ my low stats
Applied to: Barry, Kent, NYCPM, Midwestern
Interview from: Barry, Kent, NYCPM ---> Midwestern waitlisted
Accepted w/ scholarship from both Barry (5000) & Kent (2500)
Attending: Barry!

-I was very lucky to have gotten interviews with my stats so don't give up hope! I'm actually going to take the mcat again for myself :))))

cGPA: 3.68 sGPA: 3.16
MCAT: 498
Shadowing: General surgeon 80 hours, still working on pod shadowing
EC: Movement classes with dementia patients, museum volunteer in biodiversity, tutor for at-risk youth, creative movement for children with HIV in South East Asia, travelling.
Employment: Server/Bartender, professional dancer for 15+ years with various companies, dance teacher in South East Asia for 1 year.
Applied to: Barry, RFU, Western, Samuel Merritt.
Accepted: Barry (10k), RFU (7.5k), Western (0k), Samuel Merritt (5k).

Not sure where to attend yet, have til the end of the month to make a decision. Really want to go to Western, because I want to live in Cali, but no scholarship, and quite expensive. Samuel Merritt is out because cost of living in San Fran/Oakland is astronomical, but would be really nice. RFU is closer to home, but I'm from a cold place and I would like to live somewhere warm.

Leaning towards Barry because of the scholarship... And I think the program is making some really positive progress in terms of board pass rates and student success.

cGPA: 3.68 sGPA: 3.16
MCAT: 498
Shadowing: General surgeon 80 hours, still working on pod shadowing
EC: Movement classes with dementia patients, museum volunteer in biodiversity, tutor for at-risk youth, creative movement for children with HIV in South East Asia, travelling.
Employment: Server/Bartender, professional dancer for 15+ years with various companies, dance teacher in South East Asia for 1 year.
Applied to: Barry, RFU, Western, Samuel Merritt.
Accepted: Barry (10k), RFU (7.5k), Western (0k), Samuel Merritt (5k).

Not sure where to attend yet, have til the end of the month to make a decision. Really want to go to Western, because I want to live in Cali, but no scholarship, and quite expensive. Samuel Merritt is out because cost of living in San Fran/Oakland is astronomical, but would be really nice. RFU is closer to home, but I'm from a cold place and I would like to live somewhere warm.

Leaning towards Barry because of the scholarship... And I think the program is making some really positive progress in terms of board pass rates and student success.

Congrats! Attend a program where you can be happy while lowering the overall cost. You will be given all the resources to succeed, and it will be your hard work to make it to the end. That said, Barry seems like the place for you.

Hey guys new here, and wanted to share my stats. Looking at previous posts NYCPM seems to grill students with lower stats, are there any recommendations on how students fare in getting accepted after their interview? Should I apply to other programs? Thank you again!

1. cGPA 2.92 (upward trend last 120 credits 3.6)
pbacc GPA:3.89
sGPA 3.02
2. 490 MCAT
3. Podiatric medical assistant ~100 hours
Medical scribe urgent care
Clinical assistant Head and Neck surgery
Medical assistant Interventional pain management
Ophthalmologic testing tech
Psi Chi Honor society
4. Applied to NYCPM and Temple
5. Interview with NYCPM, Denied Temple

Hey guys new here, and wanted to share my stats. Looking at previous posts NYCPM seems to grill students with lower stats, are there any recommendations on how students fare in getting accepted after their interview? Should I apply to other programs? Thank you again!

1. cGPA 2.92 (upward trend last 120 credits 3.6)
pbacc GPA:3.89
sGPA 3.02
2. 490 MCAT
3. Podiatric medical assistant ~100 hours
Medical scribe urgent care
Clinical assistant Head and Neck surgery
Medical assistant Interventional pain management
Ophthalmologic testing tech
Psi Chi Honor society
4. Applied to NYCPM and Temple
5. Interview with NYCPM, Denied Temple

How did the interview go? Based on your stats, I believe you should be fine as long as the interview goes well. Your Postbac GPA and work experience should be enough to get you an A. All the best! :)

How did the interview go? Based on your stats, I believe you should be fine as long as the interview goes well. Your Postbac GPA and work experience should be enough to get you an A. All the best! :)
Accepted Jan 2022! Thank you for starting these threads super informative!

• Care
Don't have to prepare in anyway.

Once verified, offers within 24-48hrs or 14 business days.
Are the offers for interview always within 14 days? What if it is a rejection, will that also be within 14 days? I got my app verified on Monday morning and I have three interview invites already and I am wondering about the other three schools I applied to.

Are the offers for interview always within 14 days? What if it is a rejection, will that also be within 14 days? I got my app verified on Monday morning and I have three interview invites already and I am wondering about the other three schools I applied to.
Yes. Usually.

Only applied to 3 schools. Got accepted at all three schools. Accepted to RFU,NYCPM and Samuel Merritt with scholarships. Having a difficult time deciding between chicago and new york.

Stats:
cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.77

MCAT: 514

ECs: 300 hours shadowing a podiatrist, 1000+ hours with a non-profit organization for diabetics, 400 hours as a Research Assistant (No publications unfortunately :( ) and some other stuff.

Goodluck to anyone else still interviewing or applying! You all got this.

Only applied to 3 schools. Got accepted at all three schools. Accepted to RFU,NYCPM and Samuel Merritt with scholarships. Having a difficult time deciding between chicago and new york.

Stats:

ECs: 300 hours shadowing a podiatrist, 1000+ hours with a non-profit organization for diabetics, 400 hours as a Research Assistant (No publications unfortunately :( ) and some other stuff.

I've heard things about Barry and NYCPM. I don't want to knock any schools, all programs make you a doctor and will get you there. But from podiatrists I have talked to and former students, I've heard just the schools themselves are not the best. Also, just out of curiosity, have you considered MD or DO schools? You have scores good enough for an MD school.

Stats:

I think live close to a support system. Schools provide about the same level of education no matter what. I would recommend going where the COL is lower. School loans/living loans/interest adds up and getting out with as little debt as possible will help later on.

I know you said Scholl or NYCPM, but just to reaffirm, don't go to Samuel Merritt right now. School is probationary status after another blunder on boards.

I would go Scholl for the lower COL, but I have friends who go to NYCPM and love it.

Also, just out of curiosity, have you considered MD or DO schools? You have scores good enough for an MD school.
Podiatry isn't supposed to be a backup for MD/DO. A lot of us want to go into the field because we like it.

Reactions: 7 users
Podiatry isn't supposed to be a backup for MD/DO. A lot of us want to go into the field because we like it.
I never said it was...I was simply just curious......I took the MCAT twice, one without studying for it and applying to pod school. I later studied more and got a 511 and got interviews with osteopathy schools. I chose podiatry because that's what I want to do...I was just asking because that was my consideration..........

I've heard things about Barry and NYCPM. I don't want to knock any schools, all programs make you a doctor and will get you there. But from podiatrists I have talked to and former students, I've heard just the schools themselves are not the best. Also, just out of curiosity, have you considered MD or DO schools? You have scores good enough for an MD school.
I appreciate that thank you. I also heard the same about both schools. However, I think what's steering me away from NYCPM is the mandatory attendance.

Yes, I have considered them but decided not to pursue them simply because I wanted to be a podiatrist since I was younger. My uncle is a podiatrist and he introduced me to the field originally.

I think live close to a support system. Schools provide about the same level of education no matter what. I would recommend going where the COL is lower. School loans/living loans/interest adds up and getting out with as little debt as possible will help later on.

I know you said Scholl or NYCPM, but just to reaffirm, don't go to Samuel Merritt right now. School is probationary status after another blunder on boards.

I would go Scholl for the lower COL, but I have friends who go to NYCPM and love it.
Oh wow I did not know that about Samuel Merritt. Thank you for letting me know. And I'm also leaning towards Scholl just for that reason. Trying to save as much money as possible for sure. Thank you for the input!

How did you find out that information about Samuel Merritt?

I have about two weeks to pick my school. I applied to NYCPM, Samuel Merritt, Western, Barry, and Kent and I was accepted into all of them. If you have any advice about picking one or reasons not to pick I would love to hear.

How did you find out that information about Samuel Merritt?

I have about two weeks to pick my school. I applied to NYCPM, Samuel Merritt, Western, Barry, and Kent and I was accepted into all of them. If you have any advice about picking one or reasons not to pick I would love to hear.
pm me

Hello!
I was accepted to NYCPM and Temple and have a hard time deciding. My stats are:

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci): 3.87 cGPA; 3.9 sGPA ; 4.0 Masters
2. MCAT Score: 495
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 10,000+ from 4 years of ER scribing; several research internships w/o publications
4. # of programs applied to: 3
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: 3; Kent (7,500); NYPCM (10k); Temple (12k)
6. Attending program: undecided

Even though NYCPM offered the most and I love NYC, I have a hard time with safety around that area, the living expenses, and mandatory classes. I also heard from prior podiatrists that they attended Temple due to its "prestigious" comparison over other schools. Is this still true today? Just need some advice on both schools. Thanks!

Hello!

3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 10,000+ from 4 years of ER scribing; several research internships w/o publications
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: 3; Kent (7,500); NYPCM (10k); Temple (12k)

Even though NYCPM offered the most and I love NYC, I have a hard time with safety around that area, the living expenses, and mandatory classes. I also heard from prior podiatrists that they attended Temple due to its "prestigious" comparison over other schools. Is this still true today? Just need some advice on both schools. Thanks!

The prestige stuff doesn't matter, a podiatry school is a podiatry school. If you can save money by staying with family while attending NYCPM, then go to NYCPM. Otherwise, both programs are very similar IMO and you would be fine at either one. With common sense, the area around NYCPM is safe as any other metro city.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello!

Go to school that you like, will succeed and possibly cheaper.

Hey guys! Do I still have a chance of getting an A this late in the cycle? Have my application ready to submit
MCAT: 492
cGPA: 3.8
sGPA. 3.71
currently enrolled in a SMP

Hi guys! Just submitted two days ago and already got an interview with Scholl. Is it me or are there less people applying this cycle? The FB page only has 38 people added to it and the threads seem less dense.

Hi guys! Just submitted two days ago and already got an interview with Scholl. Is it me or are there less people applying this cycle? The FB page only has 38 people added to it and the threads seem less dense.

March is still early. Check again by June. Good luck!

Hi everyone! I have been browsing through the Pod forums for a while now but decided it be best to post my question directly.

Some background on me:

- GPA: 3.84
- MCAT: 510
- 20+ hours of Pod shadowing, will continue until the summer to increase my exposure.
- 2000+ hours working as a Pharm Assistant
- ~600 hours total volunteering
- MD/PT/Chiro shadowing
- I am a Canadian student which is part of the reason why I am not pursuing MD/DO. Aside from that fact that I genuinely love podiatry and the guaranteed surgical residency, my stats are not good enough for a Canadian medical school and not good enough for an international student at an American school.
- Applied to: NYCPM, MWU, RFU, Kent, Barry, and Temple
- Interviewed at: all except Barry, I already had all of my other acceptances and Barry was my last choice so I cancelled the interview
- Accepted to: NYCPM (half tuition), MWU (5k), RFU (20k), Kent (20k), Temple (14k)

In terms of funding, I am mostly relying on Canadian banks and OSAP (our version of FAFSA). I am hopeful that I will be able to get ~175k CAD (~130k USD) from these 2. My other potential source would the MPower Financial loan that offers up to 100k USD at 10% for international students with no co-signer. I know it is very high, but I am limited in my options.

I am part of a small minority that loves the winter weather, given that I grew up in Toronto. So AZ was a no because of the hot temperature, high tuition, and lower scholarship. Temple’s interview was not very professional, not to mention the lower scholarship.

I was stuck between NYCPM, RFU, and Kent. I drove down and visited Cleveland and Chicago, and I’m surprised that I liked Cleveland more than I thought I would and Chicago less than I thought. I have already been to NYC so no point driving 10 hours again to visit one building. Based on the COL, mandatory attendance, and location I decided NYC wasn’t right for me.

So now I am stuck between Kent and RFU. I was extremely surprised with Kent’s 20k offer, as I thought they maxed out at 10k. When I told RFU of Kent’s offer they increased theirs to match.

From my understanding, Independence/Parma has much lower COL than North Chicago, although North Chicago is not bad either. I like that RFU has a bigger campus, and we are not in the same room for all of the lectures. I also think that the interprofessional aspect is good, but I have heard that it could also be a downside. Regarding Kent, the building was MUCH better than I had thought, but it is still only one building that we have to do everything in. My mentor also graduated from Kent and he absolutely loved the school and the area. Some people also say it is a plus that Kent is only Pod students. I think that Kent (up to 10k) has smaller scholarships for subsequent years than RFU (up to half tuition). As well, the one great things about RFU is that it is eligible for the MPower loan, while Kent is not. I am still sorting this out, but I MAY be able to get a US co-signer through a family friend. The only reason I mention this is that I don’t want to pick RFU only because of the MPower loan and then end up working things out and getting the co-signer, which would make me regret not picking Kent if I decide it was the better school.

Based on the interviews, my gut is saying RFU is SLIGHTLY better. The earlier clinical exposure, having the clinic near the school, the vibe from Dr. Grumet. However visiting Cleveland made me second guess that feeling because Kent really is beautiful. As well, Cleveland is driving distance from Toronto (5 hours), but Chicago is not (10 hours). This could potentially save me a lot in travel expenses throughout the 3 years I’m living there. RFU also requires that I take 2 courses over the summer to complete my prerequisites, but Kent waived them based on my stats, which means less hassle to matriculate to Kent. This is not a huge deal as I will take the 2 courses if I have to, but I like knowing that my Kent offer isn’t conditional on anything. I don’t know how much truth there is to this, but I have read some pretty gnarly things about RFU as well (inclusivity issues).

This is a super long post, but I am hoping that someone can provide some insight into their experience at either school. I know the whole spiel about how you can’t go wrong with either school and how you’ll be a DPM at either one, but this is a big decision and I truly can’t pick one over the other. I am a textbook over thinker and have diagnosed OCD, which is why I genuinely want to pull my hair out. Everytime I think I’ve settled on one I start to have doubts because I wonder if the other one would be a better fit. I want to decide and put my deposit down right away so I can finish the toxic cycle of back and forth I have amongst myself.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I have been browsing through the Pod forums for a while now but decided it be best to post my question directly.

Some background on me:

- 20+ hours of Pod shadowing, will continue until the summer to increase my exposure.
- MD/PT/Chiro shadowing
- I am a Canadian student which is part of the reason why I am not pursuing MD/DO. Aside from that fact that I genuinely love podiatry and the guaranteed surgical residency, my stats are not good enough for a Canadian medical school and not good enough for an international student at an American school.
- Interviewed at: all except Barry, I already had all of my other acceptances and Barry was my last choice so I cancelled the interview
- Accepted to: NYCPM (half tuition), MWU (5k), RFU (20k), Kent (20k), Temple (14k)

In terms of funding, I am mostly relying on Canadian banks and OSAP (our version of FAFSA). I am hopeful that I will be able to get ~175k CAD (~130k USD) from these 2. My other potential source would the MPower Financial loan that offers up to 100k USD at 10% for international students with no co-signer. I know it is very high, but I am limited in my options.

I am part of a small minority that loves the winter weather, given that I grew up in Toronto. So AZ was a no because of the hot temperature, high tuition, and lower scholarship. Temple’s interview was not very professional, not to mention the lower scholarship.

I was stuck between NYCPM, RFU, and Kent. I drove down and visited Cleveland and Chicago, and I’m surprised that I liked Cleveland more than I thought I would and Chicago less than I thought. I have already been to NYC so no point driving 10 hours again to visit one building. Based on the COL, mandatory attendance, and location I decided NYC wasn’t right for me.

So now I am stuck between Kent and RFU. I was extremely surprised with Kent’s 20k offer, as I thought they maxed out at 10k. When I told RFU of Kent’s offer they increased theirs to match.

From my understanding, Independence/Parma has much lower COL than North Chicago, although North Chicago is not bad either. I like that RFU has a bigger campus, and we are not in the same room for all of the lectures. I also think that the interprofessional aspect is good, but I have heard that it could also be a downside. Regarding Kent, the building was MUCH better than I had thought, but it is still only one building that we have to do everything in. My mentor also graduated from Kent and he absolutely loved the school and the area. Some people also say it is a plus that Kent is only Pod students. I think that Kent (up to 10k) has smaller scholarships for subsequent years than RFU (up to half tuition). As well, the one great things about RFU is that it is eligible for the MPower loan, while Kent is not.

Based on the interviews, my gut is saying RFU is SLIGHTLY better. The earlier clinical exposure, having the clinic near the school, the vibe from Dr. Grumet. However visiting Cleveland made me second guess that feeling because Kent really is beautiful. As well, Cleveland is driving distance from Toronto (5 hours), but Chicago is not (10 hours). This could potentially save me a lot in travel expenses throughout the 3 years I’m living there. RFU also requires that I take 2 courses over the summer to complete my prerequisites, but Kent waived them based on my stats, which means less hassle to matriculate to Kent. This is not a huge deal as I will take the 2 courses if I have to, but I like knowing that my Kent offer isn’t conditional on anything. I don’t know how much truth there is to this, but I have read some pretty gnarly things about RFU as well (inclusivity issues).

This is a super long post, but I am hoping that someone can provide some insight into their experience at either school. I know the whole spiel about how you can’t go wrong with either school and how you’ll be a DPM at either one. But this is a big decision and I truly can’t pick one over the other.
Sent you a DM. I'm graduating from Kent this year.

Some background on me:

- MD/PT/Chiro shadowing

From my understanding, Independence/Parma has much lower COL than North Chicago, although North Chicago is not bad either. I like that RFU has a bigger campus, and we are not in the same room for all of the lectures. I also think that the interprofessional aspect is good, but I have heard that it could also be a downside. Regarding Kent, the building was MUCH better than I had thought, but it is still only one building that we have to do everything in. My mentor also graduated from Kent and he absolutely loved the school and the area. Some people also say it is a plus that Kent is only Pod students. I think that Kent (up to 10k) has smaller scholarships for subsequent years than RFU (up to half tuition). As well, the one great things about RFU is that it is eligible for the MPower loan, while Kent is not. I am still sorting this out, but I MAY be able to get a US co-signer through a family friend. The only reason I mention this is that I don’t want to pick RFU only because of the MPower loan and then end up working things out and getting the co-signer, which would make me regret not picking Kent if I decide it was the better school.

This is a super long post, but I am hoping that someone can provide some insight into their experience at either school. I know the whole spiel about how you can’t go wrong with either school and how you’ll be a DPM at either one, but this is a big decision and I truly can’t pick one over the other. I am a textbook over thinker and have diagnosed OCD, which is why I genuinely want to pull my hair out. Everytime I think I’ve settled on one I start to have doubts because I wonder if the other one would be a better fit. I want to decide and put my deposit down right away so I can finish the toxic cycle of back and forth I have amongst myself.
Hey there! I am in the exact same boat as you. I was between Kent and RFU. So I'll explain my side of things and hope maybe this helps you decide. It really is difficult to decide when everyone tells you each school will provide you what you need and to go where you like best, but when you like two schools equally it's really hard to make the right decision. For me I had my interview in person at Kent and loved it! I initially thought I wouldn't have, but I was wrong. Later, I did my RFU interview which is only online and loved it as well. As you said Dr. Grumet is amazing. So to me both are in the midwest area so it would be easier for me to visit my family. However, RFU is closer so that's a benefit. I then decided to break it down and pick which priorities I wanted because each school has it pros and cons. I knew for me I wanted to go to a school that has earlier clinical exposure and to me RFU demonstrated that more. The next thing for me was COL which was a slightly more cheaper at Kent. Then I decided where would I like to potentially practice or settle in the future. For me I would like to practice near the Chicago area so for me RFU would probably be a better fit for me. So my advice would be right down which priorities are a must for you. I know you said Kent would waive the pre-req classes you need to take so is that a priority? Is being closer to home a priority? Is earlier clinical exposure a priority? Which school will make the transition easier for you as an international student? I hope these questions help you determine what priorities weigh more for you to help you decide which school is best fit for you because at the end of the day both schools are amazing! I would also reach out to each school and ask to talk to a student about their experiences (that helped me a bit). I hope this help and I'm sure whatever decision you make will be the best for you! Good luck!

Hey there! I am in the exact same boat as you. I was between Kent and RFU. So I'll explain my side of things and hope maybe this helps you decide. It really is difficult to decide when everyone tells you each school will provide you what you need and to go where you like best, but when you like two schools equally it's really hard to make the right decision. For me I had my interview in person at Kent and loved it! I initially thought I wouldn't have, but I was wrong. Later, I did my RFU interview which is only online and loved it as well. As you said Dr. Grumet is amazing. So to me both are in the midwest area so it would be easier for me to visit my family. However, RFU is closer so that's a benefit. I then decided to break it down and pick which priorities I wanted because each school has it pros and cons. I knew for me I wanted to go to a school that has earlier clinical exposure and to me RFU demonstrated that more. The next thing for me was COL which was a slightly more cheaper at Kent. Then I decided where would I like to potentially practice or settle in the future. For me I would like to practice near the Chicago area so for me RFU would probably be a better fit for me. So my advice would be right down which priorities are a must for you. I know you said Kent would waive the pre-req classes you need to take so is that a priority? Is being closer to home a priority? Is earlier clinical exposure a priority? Which school will make the transition easier for you as an international student? I hope these questions help you determine what priorities weigh more for you to help you decide which school is best fit for you because at the end of the day both schools are amazing! I would also reach out to each school and ask to talk to a student about their experiences (that helped me a bit). I hope this help and I'm sure whatever decision you make will be the best for you! Good luck!
Thank you for the advice! Although I loved Cleveland and Kent’s campus, I think that RFU is a better fit for me as well. May I ask if you’re gonna live on campus/the woodlands or off campus?

Thank you for the advice! Although I loved Cleveland and Kent’s campus, I think that RFU is a better fit for me as well. May I ask if you’re gonna live on campus/the woodlands or off campus?
Anytime! I will most likely live on campus since a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom is 1400 including all utilities (cable, wifi, electrical, water, etc.) and the woodland is about 1200 for a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom but not all utilities are included (so you have to pay for electrical, gas, and then you have to have renter's insurance). Also, I personally did not think the woodlands were as clean compared to on campus. I was able to visit both rooms. I recently applied to Barry as well and I actually loved the campus and program so now I'm in the same situation on deciding lol. :))

Hello everyone!! I applied to all 9 schools super late (last week of March) with little hope because of my low MCAT score but was accepted in 4 schools!! I couldn't be happier to share the news with you all! Please dont limit yourself because of low statistics, one can tell when you are passionate about something when you show how determined you are! Here are my stats:

1. cGPA 3.59
sGPA 3.27
2. MCAT <500
3. Podiatry Shadowing hours : 160 hours
Other experiences:
Medical scribe
Hospital Volunteer
Pharmacy Technician
Secretary of HOSA
4. Applied to all 9 programs
5. Rejected at NYCPM, Temple
Waitlisted pre-interview : MWU
Interviewed with Western, Des Moines, RFU, Samuel Merritt, Barry, canceled interview with Kent
Accepted at : Barry with 5k, Des Moines, RFU, Samuel Merritt with 5K

6: Attending: Samuel Merritt University CSPM (closer to home, great weather, love the city, and fiancé lives there).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
We are about a month away from the June 30th AACPMAS deadline. At this point, if you plan to submit an app, please get in touch with the program first and ask about seat availability. It is possible to be a part of the upcoming class still. Let us know if there is a question or a concern.
Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Hello all! Does anyone know how long the Fourth year Clinical Rotations are? and do we get to choose the sites?