AACPMAS 2022-2023 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2027)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello all, I am shook. Never would imagine myself to be posting in an acceptance thread.. but felt needed to share. Have faith and believe in yourself! Your stats do not define who you are!

I'm a 26 yr old South East Asian URM pre-med/pod student, first-gen, took the MCAT 3 times (terrible scores btw, but didn't let that stop me from pursuing medicine), gotten a DUI once. B.S in health sciences and minored in religious studies. Went to grad school for my MPH at a MD school with a concentration in epidemiology and environmental health sciences.. took a lot of biostats/epidemiology/toxicology grad level courses.

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci)
undergrad sci: 3.00
undergrad cumulative: 3.20
grad sci and post bacc science: 3.46
grad cumulative: 3.52

2. MCAT Score
attempt 1: 482
...attempt 2: 482 (not joking)

attempt 3: retake on 4/15/2023 - score yet to be received (FLEs 502-507ish, so I'm expecting to 100% do better than 482 lol..)

3. Shadowing hours & ECs
-70 hrs DPM shadow, 40 MD, and 20 DO shadow
-6mo HPV research, 6 mo Gout & obesity research, 1 year NIH funded child and adolescent psychiatry research at columbia university - nyspi.

-700+ hours in student leadership- LOTS of student volunteering in faculty committees: student affairs committee and evaluation committee, Vice President of Student Govt (grad school), Student Ambassador (uni and grad school), tutor for grad school.

-Created a 100 page resource guide for the Puerto Rican community in The Bronx, NY. Mainly for low-income families living close to poverty or rely on government assistance. Made this in both English and Spanish text. Taught myself basic Spanish during COVID season in order to translate and communicate with participants in my research and for my future patients! (My main friend group consist of mostly Spanish speaking people, so this was helpful!)

-2k+ hours in Church related activities/volunteering- Youth Leadership conferences, camps, weekly mentorship sessions, academic advising
-5k+ hours of paid direct patient care
-1k+ hours in research
-1.5 year working w/state dept. of health w/covid - generated data for CDC
-1 year working in toxicology lab testing bio-specimens for drug abuse and pharmaceutical purposes

4. # of programs applied to
Barry, Samuel Merritt, RFU, DMU, Kent State, LECOM, AZCPM

Denied: Barry
No response: DMU, AZCPM
Interviewed: Samuel Merritt
Scheduled to interview: RFU, Kent State, LECOM

5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered

Accepted to Samuel Merritt 22.5k

edit* accepted to Kent (10k), RFU (10k), and LECOM (2k)

declined interview to DMU - they got back to me after a month of submitting my apps.

6. Attending program

undecided

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
This cycle closed recently. We will make a thread for the new cycle in the coming weeks. Those accepted for the class of 2027, if you can, please post your class size. Thanks and best wishes.

Members don't see this ad :)
This cycle closed recently. We will make a thread for the new cycle in the coming weeks. Those accepted for the class of 2027, if you can, please post your class size. Thanks and best wishes.

Attending Kent - class size I’d say is in the 60s for 2027.

Reactions: 1 user
1. GPAs: c: 3.67 s: ~3.8
2. MCAT Score: 495
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 100+ hrs DPM shadowing, 50+hrs MD/DO shadowing, chemistry tutor and lab TA, undergraduate chemistry research and honors thesis, division III athlete, board position on many clubs, lots of community service/volunteer hours. Was a pharmacy tech and worked retail in a sports store.
4. # of programs applied to: 6 - Kent, Barry, Temple, DMU, AZCPM, and LECOM
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Interview offers from all. Only interviewed at 4 and accepted to all with scholarships - LECOM, DMU, Kent, and Barry (withdrew from Temple and AZCPM after getting acceptances).
6. Attending program: Barry!! I am beyond grateful for all the opportunities and to be in this position. So excited!
Good job... took your time and shadowed a good bit.

Have fun and work hard next month :cool:

• Care
1. GPAs: c: 3.4 s: 3.2
2. MCAT Score: 487
3. Shadowing hours & ECs:
  1. 100+ DO/MD Shadowing Anesthesiology and Plastic Surgery
  2. 70+ Shadowinig DPM
  3. Temple Pod Internship, Be Our Guest ACFAS, SHPEP Western
  4. Founder/ President Pre-Health Club, Tutor, MA @ Plastic Surgery Clinic
  5. 300+ Clinical Volunteering
  6. Semi-Professional Valorant/ Streamer LOL (talked about this a lot)

4. # of programs applied to:
10 (didn't apply to UTRGV)
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered:
Barry 8k/year, Western 1.5k, Scholl 20k, LECOM 10k, NYCPM.
6. Attending program
Western U (didn't interview to the other 5 after getting accepted)

I am very grateful to be in this position as it didn't seem possible but don't give up hope!

when did you apply and when did Scholl get back to you?

Hello all, I am shook. Never would imagine myself to be posting in an acceptance thread.. but felt needed to share. Have faith and believe in yourself! Your stats do not define who you are!

I'm a 26 yr old South East Asian URM pre-med/pod student, first-gen, took the MCAT 3 times (terrible scores btw, but didn't let that stop me from pursuing medicine), gotten a DUI once. B.S in health sciences and minored in religious studies. Went to grad school for my MPH at a MD school with a concentration in epidemiology and environmental health sciences.. took a lot of biostats/epidemiology/toxicology grad level courses.

2. MCAT Score

attempt 3: retake on 4/15/2023 - score yet to be received (FLEs 502-507ish, so I'm expecting to 100% do better than 482 lol..)

3. Shadowing hours & ECs
-6mo HPV research, 6 mo Gout & obesity research, 1 year NIH funded child and adolescent psychiatry research at columbia university - nyspi.

-700+ hours in student leadership- LOTS of student volunteering in faculty committees: student affairs committee and evaluation committee, Vice President of Student Govt (grad school), Student Ambassador (uni and grad school), tutor for grad school.

-Created a 100 page resource guide for the Puerto Rican community in The Bronx, NY. Mainly for low-income families living close to poverty or rely on government assistance. Made this in both English and Spanish text. Taught myself basic Spanish during COVID season in order to translate and communicate with participants in my research and for my future patients! (My main friend group consist of mostly Spanish speaking people, so this was helpful!)

-2k+ hours in Church related activities/volunteering- Youth Leadership conferences, camps, weekly mentorship sessions, academic advising
-1k+ hours in research
-1 year working in toxicology lab testing bio-specimens for drug abuse and pharmaceutical purposes

declined interview to DMU - they got back to me after a month of submitting my apps.

6. Attending program

undecided

congrats! did you get accepted to RFU with the 482 or the did you apply with the MCAT you retook?

2. MCAT Score

3. Shadowing hours & ECs

-1k+ hours in research

6. Attending program

undecided
Opening this back up to see how first year went?

Reactions: 3 users
Opening this back up to see how first year went?

In my 2nd semester of first year. I'm learning a lot, taking on 2-3 leadership positions, 2x monthly volunteering, started research, and also just attended the ACFAS conference this past weekend. Definitely not a gunner, but for sure top 1/3 of the class in terms of academics. Also manage to still go out for with friends for drinks once a week without stressing too much about studying.

Honestly, I'm having a real good time. Maybe the negatives just hasn't hit me yet and I'm just really naïve and oblivious to it all. Mostly just concerned about boards.

In my 2nd semester of first year. I'm learning a lot, taking on 2-3 leadership positions, 2x monthly volunteering, started research, and also just attended the ACFAS conference this past weekend. Definitely not a gunner, but for sure top 1/3 of the class in terms of academics. Also manage to still go out for with friends for drinks once a week without stressing too much about studying.

Honestly, I'm having a real good time. Maybe the negatives just hasn't hit me yet and I'm just really naïve and oblivious to it all. Mostly just concerned about boards.

Sounds like you are checking all the boxes. Good stuff!