Acceptance Stats for Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’d advocate for cheaper school too, but, no snow.

Is that where you are from? To turn down scholarships especially half tuition imo you’ll be regretful when you’re paying it off and interest in accumulating. Just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

I’d advocate for cheaper school too, but, no snow.

Unless you prefer studying while making snowballs or in the blistering heat... I don’t think it’ll matter lol

Last edited:
Is that where you are from? To turn down scholarships especially half tuition imo you’ll be regretful when you’re paying it off and interest in accumulating. Just my opinion.
The scholarship at Scholl is not guaranteed on an annual basis. Just the first year and then from there on out it's competitive, so I didn't want to base my decision on something I'm not even sure I'd get each year. I wasn't impressed with Barry and also didn't like Scholl that much. That left it to DMU and Midwestern. My husband has a sports major and he'll have much more job opportunities in the Phoenix area as opposed to Des Moines. I guess it was a multitude of things that pushed me to choose Midwestern; however, temperature wasn't one of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
The scholarship at Scholl is not guaranteed on an annual basis. Just the first year and then from there on out it's competitive, so I didn't want to base my decision on something I'm not even sure I'd get each year. I wasn't impressed with Barry and also didn't like Scholl that much. That left it to DMU and Midwestern. My husband has a sports major and he'll have much more job opportunities in the Phoenix area as opposed to Des Moines. I guess it was a multitude of things that pushed me to choose Midwestern; however, temperature wasn't one of them.
Ah yea being married probably changes a lot of things.. I’d imagine if you can get a 3.9 in undergrad you’d have no problem being competetive to keep it, but you have a point. Congrats though!

Ah yea being married probably changes a lot of things.. I’d imagine if you can get a 3.9 in undergrad you’d have no problem being competitive to keep it, but you have a point. Congrats though!

Thank you! I really appreciate it. I've been battling with myself for the past 3 weeks on what school to pick. The hardest part will definitely be turning down all those scholarships, but in the end, I really do feel that Midwestern will be the best for me and my family. Good luck to you in all your future endeavors! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Surprised you didn’t get more love.

1. 2.9 uGPA 3.7 post-bacc GPA
2. 495 MCAT (over 50th percentile on every science section. CARS killed my score)
3. A ton. Years of clinical research. Shadowed about 150 outpatient OR cases. Employeed as a tech etc etc etc.
4. Applied to Barry, NYCPM, Samuel Merrit, andddd Kent.
5. Barry: Accepted/No Scholarship. (Will be attending!)
NYCPM: Straight up rejected lol
Samuel Merrit: Interview invite, I declined it.
Kent: Haven’t heard back from them. Maybe because I never sent my LORs? Lol
Either way, I’m super excited about Barry. It was my number one choice. :D
Congrats to everyone!!!

2. 495 MCAT (over 50th percentile on every science section. CARS killed my score)
3. A ton. Years of clinical research. Shadowed about 150 outpatient OR cases. Employeed as a tech etc etc etc.
Congrats to everyone!!!

Any details as to why NYCPM rejected you?

MCAT is fine for them. It was probably your cGPA and sGPA from undergrad.
Anyways, when I interviewed at Barry, I had a great time, so I'm sure you will be fine there!!

Thanks!!! I’m very excited! Just worried about the loans. Lol Wish i was able to apply for some type of scholarship.

Maybe my GPA?
I figured my mcat would be ok for all pod schools.

MCAT is fine for them. It was probably your cGPA and sGPA from undergrad.
Anyways, when I interviewed at Barry, I had a great time, so I'm sure you will be fine there!!

If you look on their site, they mention if you're below their 2.5 cutoff email them before you apply which suggests there's some degree of forgiveness for past "sins".

Which is why im surprised even though you redeemed yourself in a postbacc, they still showed no mercy.

(I'm asking because I fall into that low undergrad stats, strong grad stats category and I'm just concerned I could be rejected even though i made up for it as a grad student)

If you look on their site, they mention if you're below their 2.5 cutoff email them before you apply which suggests there's some degree of forgiveness for past "sins".

Which is why im surprised even though you redeemed yourself in a postbacc, they still showed no mercy.

(I'm asking because I fall into that low undergrad stats, strong grad stats category and I'm just concerned I could be rejected even though i made up for it as a grad student)

You mean <2.5 for sGPA? OP said their cGPA was 2.9.

I'm probably in a similar boat as you Dr. Phoot (I want that on my license plate when I'm older...), I'll have a 3.0 cGPA and a 2.7-2.8 sGPA by the time I apply this fall. GPA has a noticeable upward trend, however.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone!!!

Congrats on Barry! I'm surprised that NYCPM rejected you. I believe they are lacking students for the coming year...

Reactions: 3 users
My sgpa is not below 2.5 though ‍♀️

Yh, so I checked the site again and it's 2.5 cumulative which you're above so I'm surprised you didn't even get an invite

Reactions: 1 users
1. 2.9 cGPA/ 2.6 sGPA (taking 4 post bacc science classes right now) (my science GPA calculated for AACOMAS is 2.9 so that's annoying)
2. 490
3. Lots of volunteering at the hospital, research, community organizations, scribing in ER, vice president for club
4. All 9 of them
5. Got verified 2 weeks ago and got rejected from Temple, AZPod, Western, and Scholl (Today)
6. Interview Invite from Barry so far

Feeling a little bummed out with all these rejections, Scholl was my top choice but will be happy to get in anywhere
Temple AZ Western all have pretty high stat applicants.

It's expected with your low GPA/MCAT.

Getting in is easy. Focus on what you will do to survive each semester after you get in.

1. 2.9 cGPA/ 2.6 sGPA (taking 4 post bacc science classes right now) (my science GPA calculated for AACOMAS is 2.9 so that's annoying)
2. 490
3. Lots of volunteering at the hospital, research, community organizations, scribing in ER, vice president for club
4. All 9 of them
5. Got verified 2 weeks ago and got rejected from Temple, AZPod, Western, and Scholl (Today)
6. Interview Invite from Barry so far

Feeling a little bummed out with all these rejections, Scholl was my top choice but will be happy to get in anywhere
As Weirdy said, your overall GPA is a bit low but is manageable to get an II but my concern is your sGPA. You applied to podiatry schools that required higher stats (cGPA: 3.2 is the average entry and 3.0 is the average entry). If you get accepted to Barry University, be prepared for the worst.

[

the post-bacc courses you're doing, are they upper level sciences or pre-reqs you're repeating?

& congrats on the Barry invite!

Last edited:
the post-bacc courses you're doing, are they upper level sciences or pre-reqs you're repeating?

& congrats on the Barry invite!

One is a pre req repeat but three of them are just upper science courses. Thank you! It will be my second time interviewing at Barry

Temple AZ Western all have pretty high stat applicants.

It's expected with your low GPA/MCAT.

Getting in is easy. Focus on what you will do to survive each semester after you get in.

Man.... this has been a recurring theme in your posts since you started school. What's up? What's it (really) like out there, bro? Sounds crazy.

As Weirdy said, your overall GPA is a bit low but is manageable to get an II but my concern is your sGPA. You applied to podiatry schools that required higher stats (cGPA: 3.2 is the average entry and 3.0 is the average entry). If you get accepted to Barry University, be prepared for the worst.

Why?

Nice to know they'll still consider you for an interview even if pre-requsite courses are still in progress.

And if I may ask, the first time you interviewed, was it also for podiatry or it was a different health program?

Last edited:
Nice to know they'll still consider you for an interview even if pre-requsite courses are still in progress.

And if I may ask, the first time you interviewed, was it also for podiatry or it was a different health program?
Last year I applied to all 9 podiatry schools and only got one interview but it was super late in the cycle (June) so that made sense. I then decided to just go for a carribean med school and began their prep program. Then a few months later, I realized how dangerous and uncertain that was so I decided to do a DIY post bacc and reapply this time in January.

Man.... this has been a recurring theme in your posts since you started school. What's up? What's it (really) like out there, bro? Sounds crazy.
Why?

The saying that "Medical school is like drinking from a fire hydrant", is also true for Podiatry. The amount of info you have to know for each exam is pretty outrageous and if one is not disciplined or does not have a good sci background then they may not make it after term 1. So while it is "easier" to get a Pod acceptance (compared to MD/DO), actually making it out from term 1 to 2 and to graduation day is another story and is solely dependent on that person and their backgrounds.

@Goku786 Congrats on the II. Prepare and do well. If given a seat, be ready to forget your life as of now and to go all in with classes. GL!

Why?
The rigorous curriculum.

Why?

People like to **** on podiatry. I get it, its not MD/DO so stfu about how hard it is. Someone always has it harder.

However, the curriculum is almost identical in terms of workload, content, and specificity. I have a sibling in their first year of a USMD program. We swap stories all the time.

Point being- my incoming stats were low. 3.29 cGPA 2.87 sGPA 496 MCAT. Your sGPA will be very reflective of your podiatry school GPA unless you make some hard changes and stick with them. I didn't understand why older students and attendings gave me the tough love approach and told me I would struggle. I didn't want to accept it. I was riding the interview high and ignored it. This was while working + research + non-SMP Masters.

Then First semester kicked my ass. There were 2 courses I barely scraped a C in. The classes I should have gotten As in dropped to Bs because I was lazy and not efficient. I thankfully do not have to remediate anything, but it is not a good feeling to know you are at the bottom of your class. It doesn't feel good knowing other classmates have higher GPAs than you, will likely get the residency they want with greater ease, and are at a good position to afford dips in their GPA as the semester gets harder.

It is embarrassing and humiliating. I am reminded every day especially when I see my classmates. If they got to where they are, I need to put in the same amount of work, if not more. Anything less is a middle finger to my class and future.

Maybe I'm taking this **** too seriously I dunno. If I took it seriously from the beginning, I wouldn't have an uphill battle right now with my GPA.

I have made a few changes and am seeing if I can keep them up this semester.

This is probably TMI as a few of my classmates already figured out who I am. Just thought those of you with similar stats should know the truth and what it will take.

Reactions: 4 users
The saying that "Medical school is like drinking from a fire hydrant", is also true for Podiatry. The amount of info you have to know for each exam is pretty outrageous and if one is not disciplined or does not have a good sci background then they may not make it after term 1. So while it is "easier" to get a Pod acceptance (compared to MD/DO), actually making it out from term 1 to 2 and to graduation day is another story and is solely dependent on that person and their backgrounds.

@Goku786 Congrats on the II. Prepare and do well. If given a seat, be ready to forget your life as of now and to go all in with classes. GL!

Interesting. One of my MD mentors said, "getting in is the hardest part". Obviously he wasn't talking about podiatry, but it's interesting that he perceived it that way about medical school in general.

Interesting. One of my MD mentors said, "getting in is the hardest part". Obviously he wasn't talking about podiatry, but it's interesting that he perceived it that way about medical school in general.

There are many reasons why he is correct in saying this. A few examples off the top of my head:

- some MD/DO programs are pass/fail. Less stress thinking about grades = more time devoted to really understanding the material
- Higher stat applicants= they know you are prepared for the curriculum and can handle it. If you can get in, they already understand you can finish. Podiatry is the opposite. Lower stat entry requirements. Getting in does not mean you have what it takes to finish.

Reactions: 2 users
People like to **** on podiatry. I get it, its not MD/DO so stfu about how hard it is. Someone always has it harder.

However, the curriculum is almost identical in terms of workload, content, and specificity. I have a sibling in their first year of a USMD program. We swap stories all the time.

Point being- my incoming stats were low. 3.29 cGPA 2.87 sGPA 496 MCAT. Your sGPA will be very reflective of your podiatry school GPA unless you make some hard changes and stick with them. I didn't understand why older students and attendings gave me the tough love approach and told me I would struggle. I didn't want to accept it. I was riding the interview high and ignored it. This was while working + research + non-SMP Masters.

Then First semester kicked my ass. There were 2 courses I barely scraped a C in. The classes I should have gotten As in dropped to Bs because I was lazy and not efficient. I thankfully do not have to remediate anything, but it is not a good feeling to know you are at the bottom of your class. It doesn't feel good knowing other classmates have higher GPAs than you, will likely get the residency they want with greater ease, and are at a good position to afford dips in their GPA as the semester gets harder.

It is embarrassing and humiliating. I am reminded every day especially when I see my classmates. If they got to where they are, I need to put in the same amount of work, if not more. Anything less is a middle finger to my class and future.

Maybe I'm taking this **** too seriously I dunno. If I took it seriously from the beginning, I wouldn't have an uphill battle right now with my GPA.

I have made a few changes and am seeing if I can keep them up this semester.

This is probably TMI as a few of my classmates already figured out who I am. Just thought those of you with similar stats should know the truth and what it will take.
Atleast you’re honest about it. There are too many med students whether it be MD/DO/DPM that would rather die before saying or admitting they got a C. How many hours would you say you studied a week vs how many you should’ve to get say.. a 3.5+?

There are many reasons why he is correct in saying this. A few examples off the top of my head:

- some MD/DO programs are pass/fail. Less stress thinking about grades = more time devoted to really understanding the material
- Higher stat applicants= they know you are prepared for the curriculum and can handle it. If you can get in, they already understand you can finish. Podiatry is the opposite. Lower stat entry requirements. Getting in does not mean you have what it takes to finish.

Ah. Thanks for the perspective!

Hey guys, I'm in the process of completing my application. I have a question based on the transcript, I chose to do it manually and wanted to know after I click "Review & Finalize My Transcripts" and finish answering the questions, how long does it usually take for them to do so? and how do I get notified? I chose to enter my grades manually due to the money and since it's pretty early in the cycle.

Atleast you’re honest about it. There are too many med students whether it be MD/DO/DPM that would rather die before saying or admitting they got a C. How many hours would you say you studied a week vs how many you should’ve to get say.. a 3.5+?
Your schedule and how you approach studying will vary every week. It is not consistent like undergrad or even grad school.

A few things I should have done:
-wake up earlier and get stuff done. Better parking spots too. If your classmates are waking up earlier and getting more done than you, this translates into better grades. If you like your sleep like me and waking up early is jarring and horrible, get over yourself. You need to make that sacrifice. You get to school early and have 2 hours to study. Get some **** done and take pride in it. Start your day feeling like a boss.
-get on a consistent sleep schedule. No more video game, youtube, netflix binging at night.
-spend more time on weekends putting in a solid 2-4 hrs of studying. 4-6 on heavy weeks. Yes you will have to work on weekends. Get used to it if you have low stats.
-find ways to stay awake and alert during the day. A coffee in the morning got me through this week so far.
-keep naps to less than an hour. Any longer and I'm too tempted to oversleep or laze around and not get up. When I don't want to get up, I think about all the guys in class out working me. I think about residency programs telling me "You should worry about your gpa."
-go to relevant classes and stay awake enough to get something from it. No point showing up and spending the majority of time on the internet. I am still guilty of this. My attention span wanes usually after 1.5 hours.
-when you workout, don't plan it. Just find the time and ****ing fit it in. You will go at a higher intensity and actually follow through with the work out. I find that when I plan it, I usually dread doing it after 9 hours in class and lab. If I get out of class and think instead "30 minutes I can fit in a run, 30 minutes I can go hard at the gym, 2 hours I can study for an hour and workout after" I tend to actually get it done.
-find ways to be motivated. If it's attending school club dinners, volunteering at church or a medical relevant event, go do it. You need to set aside time to socialize and humble yourself. Sometimes we're so caught up in our own misery we forget all the soft **** that actually matters: being there to help someone.

All of these things may work for me but may not work for you. All of these things are also modifiable. If I just took exams you bet your ass I'm playing video games til the sun comes up and sleeping in.

Reactions: 7 users
Your schedule and how you approach studying will vary every week. It is not consistent like undergrad or even grad school.

A few things I should have done:
-wake up earlier and get stuff done. Better parking spots too. If your classmates are waking up earlier and getting more done than you, this translates into better grades. If you like your sleep like me and waking up early is jarring and horrible, get over yourself. You need to make that sacrifice. You get to school early and have 2 hours to study. Get some **** done and take pride in it. Start your day feeling like a boss.
-get on a consistent sleep schedule. No more video game, youtube, netflix binging at night.
-spend more time on weekends putting in a solid 2-4 hrs of studying. 4-6 on heavy weeks. Yes you will have to work on weekends. Get used to it if you have low stats.
-find ways to stay awake and alert during the day. A coffee in the morning got me through this week so far.
-keep naps to less than an hour. Any longer and I'm too tempted to oversleep or laze around and not get up. When I don't want to get up, I think about all the guys in class out working me. I think about residency programs telling me "You should worry about your gpa."
-go to relevant classes and stay awake enough to get something from it. No point showing up and spending the majority of time on the internet. I am still guilty of this. My attention span wanes usually after 1.5 hours.
-when you workout, don't plan it. Just find the time and ****ing fit it in. You will go at a higher intensity and actually follow through with the work out. I find that when I plan it, I usually dread doing it after 9 hours in class and lab. If I get out of class and think instead "30 minutes I can fit in a run, 30 minutes I can go hard at the gym, 2 hours I can study for an hour and workout after" I tend to actually get it done.
-find ways to be motivated. If it's attending school club dinners, volunteering at church or a medical relevant event, go do it. You need to set aside time to socialize and humble yourself. Sometimes we're so caught up in our own misery we forget all the soft **** that actually matters: being there to help someone.

All of these things may work for me but may not work for you. All of these things are also modifiable. If I just took exams you bet your ass I'm playing video games til the sun comes up and sleeping in.

All of this def makes sense. I appreciate that. I worry about making sure I study enough too. In undergrad I only studied/did homework literally 5-10 hours a week double majoring pre-med and sometimes I wonder how the hell I made a 3.4 at a university with a pretty tough premed/science program. I pretty much just went to class. Not proud of it but look back at it wondering why I didn’t try harder. I know I have to get into good habits quick so I don’t get into an uphill battle and lose confidence early. I actually worry that i won’t have enough time to workout. I’ve worked out consistently (6 times a week) since I was 16 yo with 0 breaks, I know I wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t stay active. So I’m definitely sure I’ll force myself to make time. Atleast hopefully

Hello, I wanted to know if the January class and the regular class for NYCPM are the same thing, just different start dates? Or are there more differences in terms of classes, exams, etc.

Hello, I wanted to know if the January class and the regular class for NYCPM are the same thing, just different start dates? Or are there more differences in terms of classes, exams, etc.

TLDR; of the handbook: Jan class has a significantly lighter course load the first 2-3 terms.

On a side note, why is the January class an option at only NYCPM, and why would anyone choose otherwise if they go there?

TLDR; of the handbook: Jan class has a significantly lighter course load the first 2-3 terms.

On a side note, why is the January class an option at only NYCPM, and why would anyone choose otherwise if they go there?
its seems that the first two years are lighter than the fall class. But does this put the Jan class at a disadvantage compared to the other class? Will this affect them in terms of residency or jobs?

I highly doubt schooling, aside from alumni connections, affect jobs. This isn’t like law school, you are essentially learning a trade that is tightly controlled and regulated by the government.

You will basically become a foot carpenter.

its seems that the first two years are lighter than the fall class. But does this put the Jan class at a disadvantage compared to the other class? Will this affect them in terms of residency or jobs?

Take it from someone who is in the regular Fall start class, DO THE JAN PROGRAM! The decelerated program makes life and the transition into medschool so much easier.
As a Jan student, you will start Jan with two classes, Bact and Anatomy (which you take with the Fall class of the year before you). This essentially sets you up to have ONE CLASS LESS for semesters ONE, TWO, AND THREE. Anatomy itself is a beast in terms of hours and commitments, can you believe what happens when you don't have to take that when your peers are? DO THE JAN PROGRAM

Take it from someone who is in the regular Fall start class, DO THE JAN PROGRAM! The decelerated program makes life and the transition into medschool so much easier.
As a Jan student, you will start Jan with two classes, Bact and Anatomy (which you take with the Fall class of the year before you). This essentially sets you up to have ONE CLASS LESS for semesters ONE, TWO, AND THREE. Anatomy itself is a beast in terms of hours and commitments, can you believe what happens when you don't have to take that when your peers are? DO THE JAN PROGRAM
Thanks for the reply, but are both classes considered equal? Do people look down upon the Jan one?

Thanks for the reply, but are both classes considered equal? Do people look down upon the Jan one?
You’re thinking way too much lol plus a better gpa with less work per semester will look better than normal start date with a lesser gpa.. It may help if anything as residencies have GPA requirements.

The dean of the school Dr. Trepal straight up told us in a town hall meeting that he doesn't believe most residency directors are even aware that NYCPM have a January program. There's apparently no special indication on your transcript. Only way to tell is if the res director took a real close look at the transcript and noticed the decelerated semesters, but when busy running a program and having to sift through so many applications, would they? As a yet another fall start student, if I could go back in time I'd do the Jan program as well, as would prob 95% of the Fall class if you asked them. So DO IT, there is bascally no downside only advantages, even the cost is the same just protracted out over 3 semesters vs 2. I guess maybe an extra semester of housing the one downside but that's worth the lower classwork and higher grades imo.

Just a warning though, there is usually some minor animosity amongst the Fall and Jan students come 2nd and 3rd semester when the fall students are losing their minds studying for an anatomy exam while the Jan students are leisurely getting extra studying in for a physio test the next week or even worse posting snapchats of them at the bar with #JannieLife the night before an anatomy exam. Don't be that person, go to the bar but don't rub it in people's faces or you will quickly turn many classmates/friends into annoyed friends or even enemies.

3.69gpa 3.7sci 492mcat
3letters of rec one from dean, doctor, and advisor
3 years research
2 years student government
1 year FDA work
3 years teaching/ tutoring

This thread from last year was probably the most informative/helpful thread that I read. I thought it would be nice if we had a similar thread for this year to help out everyone applying in next years cycle!

1. cGPA sGPA
2. MCAT
3. ECs
4. Schools applied to
5. Acceptances+ scholarships

1. cGPA: 3.81/ sGPA: 3.88
2. 493 (English is my second language, so I kinda bombed on the CARS section. And I did not have much time to prepare for MCAT due to some personal issues)
3. Lab tech at Allergy/Immunology lab, ~1000 hours scribing in ER, lots of hours shadowing a podiatrist
4. Applied to all except Scholl and Barry. Interview invite to all. Went to interviews at Azpod, DMU, and Temple
5. Accepted to all 3. No scholarship at Azpod, $5000 at both DMU (renewable) and Temple
I thought I'd go to Azpod but my decision changed after interviewing at DMU and Temple. Still don't know where I'm going though... Can anyone give me some advice?

I’d go to DMU. They take classes with the DO students and had a 100% residency placement rate the last 3 years.

I would never want to live in philly.

2. 493 (English is my second language, so I kinda bombed on the CARS section. And I did not have much time to prepare for MCAT due to some personal issues)
3. Lab tech at Allergy/Immunology lab, ~1000 hours scribing in ER, lots of hours shadowing a podiatrist
4. Applied to all except Scholl and Barry. Interview invite to all. Went to interviews at Azpod, DMU, and Temple
5. Accepted to all 3. No scholarship at Azpod, $5000 at both DMU (renewable) and Temple
I thought I'd go to Azpod but my decision changed after interviewing at DMU and Temple. Still don't know where I'm going though... Can anyone give me some advice?

I’d go to DMU. They take classes with the DO students and had a 100% residency placement rate the last 3 years.

I would never want to live in philly.
I’d agree with gypsy I interviewed at DMU but chose Scholl. It’s a great school in all aspects. I interviewed at Temple too and just couldn’t see myself there because of location and compared to Scholl and DMU it wasn’t a comparison to me. But obviously azpod is a great school too

Congrats!! :claps:

DMU

why didn't you apply to Scholl? I think it's great school. Bu since you got accepted to DMU, I would go to DMU.