Acceptance Stats for Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I need one of you to make it with me, need a minimum of 2 to start a group
you guys can go ahead and make one right now if you'd like. I would personally recommend holding off though because the school makes an official fb page for your class around Jan-Feb. If you guys don't wanna wait you can go ahead and make an unofficial one.
Ahh thanks! Guess it’s easier to wait then. No point in having 2

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1. 3.1 GPA
2. 490 MCAT
3. ECs: 7 years as a military medic, 4000 hours of volunteering, research experience, lots of shadowing, great LORs.
4. Schools applied to: WesternU, Samuel Merritt
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: accepted to both, Western U gave me a scholarship.

Good luck to all!

Reactions: 7 users
1. cGPA ~3.47, sGPA ~ 3.2 (huge upward trend: Junior 4.0 and Senior 3.8)
2. MCAT: 490 (will be retaking)
3. ECs:
  • Thousands of hours volunteering with children, teens and youth. Summer camps, and such.
  • ~200 ER volunteering hours
  • ~500 in memory care as CNA
  • ~200 shadowing podiatry, neurology, family, oncology, radiology, ER
  • ~500 hours Hospital Administration Intern
  • ~200+ tutoring and teaching
  • Thousand of hours in leadership and public speaking
  • Salvation Army volunteering
  • ~2000 patient transportation
4. Schools applied to: Scholl and DMU
5. Acceptances+ scholarships:
  • DMU with renewable scholarship
  • Scholl - still waiting
Will make my decision after I hear from Scholl.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. I don't mean to be rude, but is it a conditional acceptance based on your mcat retake or are you actually in in? I thought pod schools were trying to increase the caliber of their stats, but it seems like everyone is sub-500 this year for mcat. Again, I am NOT knocking you in any way. I'm just genuinely shocked that pod schools average accepted mcat's aren't even average (500) in term of the aamc percentiles.
Please don't hate me. hahah
No, my acceptance is not conditional. I received a letter of my acceptance and scholarship amount. I am planning to retake MCAT for my own purposes. Since most say that MCAT can predict success in medical school and how you will do on boards, I want to find right strategies to study for it and see if I can get higher score.

I thought average MCAT score was 490 or so for DMU if you look on their Class Profile Page.

No, my acceptance is not conditional. I received a letter of my acceptance and scholarship amount. I am planning to retake MCAT for my own purposes. Since most say that MCAT can predict success in medical school and how you will do on boards, I want to find right strategies to study for it and see if I can get higher score.

I thought average MCAT score was 490 or so for DMU if you look on their Class Profile Page.

Sweet. Check out reddit mcat. There's good anki decks in it and the 100 page P/S doc. It got me a 130 in the P/S on mine so I feel it's a good study tool.

Reactions: 1 users

I don't know if I believe a 490 is the average for DMU. That'd be the lowest in the country.. I think they mean it as the minimum

Their average is 493 - 23 old scale for last class they tell you that at the interview. It is not 490.

I don't know if I believe a 490 is the average for DMU. That'd be the lowest in the country.. I think they mean it as the minimum

Their average is 493 - 23 old scale for last class they tell you that at the interview. It is not 490.
This is from their own website:

Academic performance
3.41 average cumulative GPA
3.28 average science GPA
23 average MCAT
490 average MCAT 2015

even if it is 493, my 490 is not that much lower from the average. There are students who get into DO schools with 488

Finally finished with the application process! Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the valuable information about such a great career choice. I truly know what I want to do for the rest of my working life

Stats:
sGPA: 3.1
cGPA: 3.3
MCAT: 501
*Accepted and matriculating without a bachelor's degree* (90+ credits)
Typical ECs involving shadowing a variety of medical specialties including 2 DPMs. Volunteer work, etc.

Applied: DMU, Scholl, Temple, AZpod
Interviewed: only at DMU and Scholl
Accepted: DMU with $4000 (yearly w/3.0) and Scholl with $7500 (first year only)

Just submitted my deposit and will be attending DMU next fall!!!!! Hope to have the privilege of meeting some of y'all next year.
when is the earliest you can start background check at DMU?

Stats:
sGPA: 3.5
cGPA: 3.58
MCAT: 495
ECs: Alpha Lambda Delta, Shadowed MD, DO, and DPM (80 hours total combined), hospital experience (1000 hours~I lost count honestly), multiple clubs, biochemistry research (too many hours to count).

Applied: DMU, Scholl, Temple, AZpod, Kent State, and Samuel Merritt
Interviewed: I received all II but only went to DMU and Kent State
Accepted: DMU with $5000 (renewable if >3.0 GPA) and Kent State ($5000 renewable if GPA >3.2)

I rejected the other interviews and put a seat deposit for DMU ($500); I am honored to be with this institution in Fall 2018

Reactions: 7 users
Stats:
sGPA: 3.5
cGPA: 3.58
MCAT: 495
ECs: Alpha Lambda Delta, Shadowed MD, DO, and DPM (80 hours total combined), hospital experience (1000 hours~I lost count honestly), multiple clubs, biochemistry research (too many hours to count).

Applied: DMU, Scholl, Temple, AZpod, Kent State, and Samuel Merritt
Interviewed: I received all II but only went to DMU and Kent State
Accepted: DMU with $5000 (renewable if >3.0 GPA) and Kent State ($5000 renewable if GPA >3.2)

I rejected the other interviews and put a seat deposit for DMU ($500); I am honored to be with this institution in Fall 2018
joined FB for DMU 2022?

Members don't see this ad :)
493 is not a 23. It’s more like a 21.
Dr. Mahoney during the interview said they equivalate a 23 to a 492-493. Talk to him he’s one of the deans not my words lol

Dr. Mahoney during the interview said they equivalate a 23 to a 492-493. Talk to him he’s one of the deans not my words lol

Geeze, I’m smarter than I thought at that schools then lol

493 is not a 23. It’s more like a 21.

I always thought I was kinda unfair to scale new mcat to the old mcat bc they didn't have that pesky psych section. If I hadn't bombed the psych section my score would have been significantly higher. Who knows if the old mcat had a psych section would people have gotten the same scores. IDK just some food for thought lol.

I always thought I was kinda unfair to scale new mcat to the old mcat bc they didn't have that pesky psych section. If I hadn't bombed the psych section my score would have been significantly higher. Who knows if the old mcat had a psych section would people have gotten the same scores. IDK just some food for thought lol.
I was / feel the exact same way. It was my worst

I think it' about the percentile you performed in.

1. cGPA ~3.47, sGPA ~ 3.2 (huge upward trend: Junior 4.0 and Senior 3.8)
2. MCAT: 490 (will be retaking)
3. ECs:
  • Thousands of hours volunteering with children, teens and youth. Summer camps, and such.
  • ~200 ER volunteering hours
  • ~500 in memory care as CNA
  • ~200 shadowing podiatry, neurology, family, oncology, radiology, ER
  • ~500 hours Hospital Administration Intern
  • ~200+ tutoring and teaching
  • Thousand of hours in leadership and public speaking
  • Salvation Army volunteering
  • ~2000 patient transportation
4. Schools applied to: Scholl and DMU
5. Acceptances+ scholarships:
  • DMU with renewable scholarship
  • Scholl - still waiting
Will make my decision after I hear from Scholl.
Accepted to Scholl as well.
Most likely will be going to DMU.

1. cGPA 3.51, sGPA 3.42
2. 501
3. Enough.
4. Received II's to all 9 of the schools. (I would not recommend doing this) Went to NYCPM, Temple, and then Kent State out of curiosity.
5. All 3. From the area so planned on choosing between only NYCPM/Temple but after the process felt Kent State was just on another level and couldn't justify staying close to home. Was very surprised to say the least. Good luck to everyone else!
Another reason for future applicants to take gossip with a grain of salt and check out the school in person for themselves.

Well done.

Best of luck. You'll do great.

1. 3.38/3.28
2. 494
3. A lot of ECs, working at medical offices, shadowing, etc.
4. Scholl, Kent, Barry
5. Got interview invites to all the schools I applied to. Only went to the Kent interview and loved it, was accepted at Kent. Will most likely be going to Kent.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone on their acceptances and scholarships.

1. cGPA 3.69 sGPA 3.63
2. MCAT 497
3. ECs - 5+ years of bioinformatic virus research, presented at 9 conferences across US, published in Bioinformation, 2+ years as a General & Organic chem lab mentor
4. Schools applied to - Scholl, Kent, NY, Barry, Temple, DMU
5. Acceptances+ scholarships - Interviewed at Barry (waiting to hear back), Scholl (accepted w/ half tuition scholarship), and Temple (accepted w/ $8,000 scholarship). Received invites from other 3, but decided not to attend. Waiting to hear back from Barry before I make a decision.

Thanks to all of those on these forums who provide useful information in a very positive manner, I can't thank you enough.
Did you ever make a decision on what school to go to?

Are you going to DMU?
I was accepted to Scholl. I liked the school and ability to get involved into a research. I also liked the idea of starting clinical exposure within the first year. But, I was not offered a scholarship, tuition is higher, cost of living is significantly higher and Scholl is farther away from my family and friends. Eventually I would like to settle in IA, MN or MO anyways.

So far my tuition will be about 7-8K lower than at Scholl's.

I was accepted to Scholl. I liked the school and ability to get involved into a research. I also liked the idea of starting clinical exposure within the first year. But, I was not offered a scholarship, tuition is higher, cost of living is significantly higher and Scholl is farther away from my family and friends. Eventually I would like to settle in IA, MN or MO anyways.

Those are all valid reasons to go for DMU. And, I am quite surprised that Scholl didn't offer any $$, knowing how early it is in the cycle.
In any case, I have heard of great things about DMU and their program so you will be successful.

I was in the same predicament but the better scholarship came from scholl. Keep in mind if you do well scholl offers up to half tuition for subsequent years. DMU offers nothing close to that. So for me it was much easier

Keep in mind if you do well scholl offers up to half tuition for subsequent years.
How well you should do? How many students actually receive half tuition their second year?
Cost of living is at least double the COL of DMU. Even If I receive half tuition, I don't think it COA will be less than at DMU.

I also like climate and location of DMU.

The only thing I liked about Scholl is the program itself, MD school and research. I didn't like anything else very much (Cost of living, tuition, climate etc.)

Again, I am still deciding. I have 7 more days before making a deposit.

Last edited:
How well you should do? How many students actually receive half tuition their second year?
Cost of living is at least double the COL of DMU. Even If I receive half tuition, I don't think it COA will be less than at DMU.

I also like climate and location of DMU.

The only thing I liked about Scholl is the program itself, MD school and research. I didn't like anything else very much (Cost of living, tuition, climate etc.)

Again, I am still deciding. I have 7 more days before making a deposit.

I couldn’t tell you the number but the poster above got it upon entering so I’d assume a decently high Gpa would get you it or atleast something close. They did have so many scholarships you could apply for when I asked. Anything from leading organizations to class rankings. Either way, do your best and you could net it if you worked hard enough

I couldn’t tell you the number but the poster above got it upon entering so I’d assume a decently high Gpa would get you it or atleast something close. They did have so many scholarships you could apply for when I asked. Anything from leading organizations to class rankings. Either way, do your best and you could net it if you worked hard enough
Is there a set GPA or ranking standards for those scholarships? At DMU, I have to maintain 3.0 GPA for it to be automatically reneawble.

Is there a set GPA or ranking standards for those scholarships? At DMU, I have to maintain 3.0 GPA for it to be automatically reneawble.
I was accepted to Scholl with a half tuition scholarship as well. My career GPA was 3.9 MCAT 493.

Reactions: 2 users

I think so it seems to be how it works at all schools. Mine is but mine was not half tuition.

Got my RFU email....starting to feel real!

1. IDK all around 3.9
2. 493
3. Alot... 3 years of research, Student-athlete, science club president, hospital volunteer, mission trips, etc.
4. All of them but new york
5. Was invited to all of them. Interviewed at Barry Scholl Midwestern DMU. Was accepted to all 4.
Barry: 10,000 per year maintaining 3.25 GPA
DMU: 6,000 per year Maintaining 3.0
Scholl: Half Tuition Scholarship first year and competitive on an annual basis
Midwestern: Doesn't give out scholarships

Reactions: 2 users
1. IDK all around 3.9
2. 493
3. Alot... 3 years of research, Student-athlete, science club president, hospital volunteer, mission trips, etc.
5. Was invited to all of them. Interviewed at Barry Scholl Midwestern DMU. Was accepted to all 4.

Congrats :claps:. So, which program are you attending?

1. IDK all around 3.9
2. 493
Congrats!!!!

And you are going to Scholl? I guess.

I wonder how 3.9 GPA gets 493 MCAT. Did you study at all?

Hey a 493 is good I've seen bio majors get like a 478 lol so to have a 493 as an anthropology major is pretty good lol good luck!

Congrats!!!!
Congrats :claps:. So, which program are you attending?
And you are going to Scholl? I guess.

I wonder how 3.9 GPA gets 493 MCAT. Did you study at all?
I'm about 99% sure i'll be attending Midwestern. I did study, alot. I took about a month and a half the second time I took it and about a monthish the first time. The first time I took it I got a 489. I'm not a very fast reader and have never enjoyed reading. I feel that really took a toll on my scores.

I'm about 99% sure i'll be attending Midwestern. I did study, alot. I took about a month and a half the second time I took it and about a monthish the first time. The first time I took it I got a 489. I'm not a very fast reader and have never enjoyed reading. I feel that really took a toll on my scores.

Is that where you are from? To turn down scholarships especially half tuition imo you’ll be regretful when you’re paying it off and interest in accumulating. Just my opinion.