2023-2024 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
@PapaGuava

Applicant Personal Statement

Instructions:

This Personal Statement is different than the essay that had been submitted with your AACOMAS application. In no more than three paragraphs that will fit on this single page (if the essay creates a second page, it is too long), please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you received a secondary, does that mean your LOR's, pre-reqs, have all been approved?

If you received a secondary, does that mean your LOR's, pre-reqs, have all been approved?
Not necessarily, from what I found out today lol. I submitted my secondary a couple days ago, but I got an email from them today saying they're placing it on hold. They informed me that I didn't have 2 LOR's from science professors. Apparently I forgot to assign one of mine to them, whoops! I fixed it in AACOMAS and Touro got back to me straight away about the secondary now being complete.

Not necessarily, from what I found out today lol. I submitted my secondary a couple days ago, but I got an email from them today saying they're placing it on hold. They informed me that I didn't have 2 LOR's from science professors. Apparently I forgot to assign one of mine to them, whoops! I fixed it in AACOMAS and Touro got back to me straight away about the secondary now being complete.
How do you assign LOR to Schools on AACOMAS?

Has anyone received a complete email after submitting their secondary?

II received but I don’t remember applying to Montana. I think I indicated preference for both of the other campuses. The email states once I complete the interview at Montana I cannot be considered for the other campuses. It also states I can withdraw from consideration and still be considered at the other two campuses.

Would it be foolish to email and ask if I can interview at Montana and still be considered at the other two campuses?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II received but I don’t remember applying to Montana. I think I indicated preference for both of the other campuses. The email states once I complete the interview at Montana I cannot be considered for the other campuses. It also states I can withdraw from consideration and still be considered at the other two campuses.

Would it be foolish to email and ask if I can interview at Montana and still be considered at the other two campuses?

It wouldn't hurt to try. But I interpret the email as once you accept the interview, you won't be considered for Harlem and Middletown

OOS II today for Montana. LM 61.5. Complete 6/22

It wouldn't hurt to try. But I interpret the email as once you accept the interview, you won't be considered for Harlem and Middletown

I’ll go and see what it’s all about. I am about as rural as they come, only worried about it being a new campus. Hopefully they address any worries about that in the interview.

OOS II today by email! Does anyone on here have any interview tips? Would appreciate it <3

Anyone who has already interviewed, or who is interviewing on Monday, would you be able to help me understand the faculty interview portion? I'm really confused. Is there just one interview with you, and two faculty members? Or are there numerous, separate interviews that take place? I received one email yesterday that my faculty interview is at 12:30, then another that shows 4 different times and 4 different interviewers.

Any help is appreciated!

Anyone who has already interviewed, or who is interviewing on Monday, would you be able to help me understand the faculty interview portion? I'm really confused. Is there just one interview with you, and two faculty members? Or are there numerous, separate interviews that take place? I received one email yesterday that my faculty interview is at 12:30, then another that shows 4 different times and 4 different interviewers.

Any help is appreciated!
I'm under the impression that it's 1 interview, about 20-25 minutes. This is based on the email I got when I confirmed my date for October 16th.

Any help is appreciated!

1 interview time slot, 2 faculty

@EliteKiller2020 @ruralfistula

Thank you both! I'm thinking either I misread one of my emails, or something wasn't written out quite right haha

*Edit
Found out today that there was an error with the email I had received!

Last edited:
Pretty tough interview ngl. Fast pace, jumped around to a lot of different topics and question styles, and rapid fire questions.

Pretty tough interview ngl. Fast pace, jumped around to a lot of different topics and question styles, and rapid fire questions.
Definitely not as conversational as other interviews I've had. This one absolutely required quick thinking!!

I second both statements above! Very rapid fire and you had to think quick on your feet. The questions themselves were not too hard though.

@Feeny @spirited wildflower not sure if you guys can tell us, but I’m assuming they were the “traditional” sorts of questions like why Touro, why do you want to be a physician, etc? Or easier/shorter than that in terms of answers?

@Feeny @spirited wildflower not sure if you guys can tell us, but I’m assuming they were the “traditional” sorts of questions like why Touro, why do you want to be a physician, etc? Or easier/shorter than that in terms of answers?
For me, there was a combination of both traditional and MMI-style questions.

*Edit*
They definitely asked me about activities from my primary app, too!

For me, there was a combination of both traditional and MMI-style questions.

*Edit*
They definitely asked me about activities from my primary app, too!
Yes same here it was open file, so they asked about things on my application.

Bruh why are they taking so long to send decisions after interviews

Reactions: 1 users
@Feeny For the MMI questions, these were ethical questions and personal questions? My interview is tomorrow so I'm nervous but also excited lol