2022-2023 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes i think so... but there are also multiple people at each position... so it might be way more than 50 people who need to drop before #50 becomes #1?
Yeah I hate this... You could be position 2, but there could be 5 people at position 1 and 5 people at position 2, you could really be #10 at the end of the day lol

Members don't see this ad.

Just got mine as well! When people are saying they see their financial aid package, what do you all see exactly? All I see is a need summary that lists estimated cost of attendance, estimated need, and total aid. Just kind of three numbers on an otherwise blank page haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got mine as well! When people are saying they see their financial aid package, what do you all see exactly? All I see is a need summary that lists estimated cost of attendance, estimated need, and total aid. Just kind of three numbers on an otherwise blank page haha.
yea i am not really understanding especially because my total aid and estimated need are very different lol

Reactions: 1 user
Ah - that's very good to know. My numbers are verrrrry discordant haha.

Yeah it ain't great. I got the same offer I think

anyone here on the IS regular MD (not mstp or WARM) waitlist rank #1-20 please DM me if you want to work together to figure out chances

Last edited:
Just declined my spot! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist :)

Reactions: 3 users
For those that are accepted, is there a groupme or some kind of chat for admitted students I can join? I was admitted to the MSTP program at Wisconsin, and I'm likely going to go.

For those that are accepted, is there a groupme or some kind of chat for admitted students I can join? I was admitted to the MSTP program at Wisconsin, and I'm likely going to go.
As far as I know, there is only a Facebook group

Reactions: 1 users
A off the WL! Gotta decision to make

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got in off the waitlist. Interviewed February, OOS. I was 13 in WL ranking

• Love
Accepted off the waitlist this week. Interviewed in February. OOS to regular MD program. I was high in the WL ranking.

Re: Financial Aid Offer: I've been offered $48k in loans and the estimated cost of attendance is ~$89k. For those in the know, what's the best path for covering the remaining cost?

Accepted off the waitlist this week. Interviewed in February. OOS to regular MD program. I was high in the WL ranking.

Re: Financial Aid Offer: I've been offered $48k in loans and the estimated cost of attendance is ~$89k. For those in the know, what's the best path for covering the remaining cost?
probably grad PLUS loans up to the cost of attendance

Is this school OOS friendly with no ties? I'm applying this upcoming cycle and was wondering if it was worth applying here (3.79 510 ORM)

If you don't mind checking, is the Facebook group page full (not counting any faculty members in the group) - how many open spots remain?
On Monday there were 187 (7 were faculty/current students), so ~ 180 students admitted. Yesterday or the day before, it drop to 170 (~163) and as of right now, 172 (~165). 176 matriculated last year and I don’t know whether that number will be the same but if we are going off last year matriculated numbers, 11 spots remain. Again, I’ve noticed mostly OOS students that have been joining recently.

Is this school OOS friendly with no ties? I'm applying this upcoming cycle and was wondering if it was worth applying here (3.79 510 ORM)
I can’t remember where they say this on the website, but they aim for 70% of the class to be IS. Class size ~176. So 50 OOS/year give or take. In my class there are OOS that didn’t have ties, so not exactly sure what they’re looking for with OOS.

Does WL move significantly these last 2-3 weeks of May?
It all depends on the year, some years it does, some years it doesn't. There is not really a way to predict it. Although, it is likely that overall WL movement will slow down as the cycle progresses going into the summer

#8 on the IS wait list. Have not heard anything. I've scoured this thread and all I can see is that the main WL movement has been happening in the OOS pool. Posting in hopes of someone else on here being in the same position.

#8 on the IS wait list. Have not heard anything. I've scoured this thread and all I can see is that the main WL movement has been happening in the OOS pool. Posting in hopes of someone else on here being in the same position.
I’m a few ranks lower than this on the IS wait list as well and haven’t heard anything either :/

I’m a few ranks lower than this on the IS wait list as well and haven’t heard anything either :/
Same. I wonder if the class is full....curious to see how many IS people they took off the waitlist this year

out of state accepted of waitlist (2 weeks ago). was position 27. have accepted offer. anyone have a calendar for the upcoming orientation/academic year. i can't seem to find this in my portal

out of state accepted of waitlist (2 weeks ago). was position 27. have accepted offer. anyone have a calendar for the upcoming orientation/academic year. i can't seem to find this in my portal
Me when OOS has reached #27 but IS probably has not even passed #3 :unsure:

First year class is scheduled to start Aug 21st, 2023, orientation occurs throughout the first week mixed in with general curriculum. More info is generally released by the school in early June. White coat ceremony happens the Friday afternoon of the first week.

OMG, I got the A call today from the waitlist, OOS (TX resident), LM 65! Was in the 40s.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS got off the waitlist earlier today via email. Waitlist position was in the 40s

Does anyone know where I can find my financial aid offer or is it too early? I’m debating between schools and I’m not sure if I should specifically ask admissions about financial aid offers to make a better decision / let them know I’m seeing my options. Any help?

OOS got off the waitlist earlier today via email. Waitlist position was in the 40s

Does anyone know where I can find my financial aid offer or is it too early? I’m debating between schools and I’m not sure if I should specifically ask admissions about financial aid offers to make a better decision / let them know I’m seeing my options. Any help?
Hey, I'm in the same situation! DM me.

Can any current students DM me? Looking for a 3rd/4th year so I can ask about rotations but I also have more general questions like housing, curriculum, culture etc. Thank you!

You could probably ask the school specifically. Though, at this point in time, its more likely that there won't be financial aid packages additional to loans, especially for OOS. It really just comes down to which school is more economical to attend.

There are people in my class who have successfully negotiated to decrease their cost of attendance by sharing the cost of attendance of other schools they were accepted at. You already have the A, I think that it would not hurt to reach out to the office and let them know your situation