2022-2023 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How was it? Any advice? any help is appreciated. I interview on the 26th in-person

Super laid back. Just know your application inside and out and you’ll do great. When people said it was a conversation it truly was

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like they've been releasing II's on Tuesdays. Fingers crossed!

I hope we hear from last weeks’ interviews tomorrow!! Seems like last time it was on the Wednesday after interview

Just got the A call!!!!! WOOOO!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Keep hanging in there guys. Gonna be a long road and we can just get our hopes up together each week LOL

Reactions: 1 users
Any current students I can chat with? Interview in 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what % of those matriculating are OOS applicants? Since this is a public school, I expect heavy In-state matriculation. Are there any current students who can comment on this? OF course, anyone who knows about it, please share it. I am an OOS applicant and have an upcoming II here.

Does anyone know what % of those matriculating are OOS applicants? Since this is a public school, I expect heavy In-state matriculation. Are there any current students who can comment on this? OF course, anyone who knows about it, please share it. I am an OOS applicant and have an upcoming II here.
I'm nearly certain, in one of the Fireside Chats, they said they get very few applicants from in-state so they pull lots of OOS. If you've got an II coming up, they already like you. :)

Accepted!!!! Got the call a bit ago!! Interviewed 9/15 :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! Odd question, but is anyone receiving secondaries that state 202324 as the current entry term? Am I crazy? xD

"Your next step is to submit the Supplemental Application for the current entry term of 202324 by selecting the "Check Application Status" page in your MyWVSOM. This is required for us to begin an initial review of your application"

Any insight would be a great help because I'm confused...

Hey everyone! Odd question, but is anyone receiving secondaries that state 202324 as the current entry term? Am I crazy? xD

"Your next step is to submit the Supplemental Application for the current entry term of 202324 by selecting the "Check Application Status" page in your MyWVSOM. This is required for us to begin an initial review of your application"

Any insight would be a great help because I'm confused...
Mine said that as well, if accepted and starting next year, first term would be from 2023-2024, correct?

Mine said that as well, if accepted and starting next year, first term would be from 2023-2024, correct?
I assumed that we would begin in 2023 by applying now, but with the 2023-24 term that gives me the impression of starting in 2024, no? This is why I'm confused lol

I assumed that we would begin in 2023 by applying now, but with the 2023-24 term that gives me the impression of starting in 2024, no? This is why I'm confused lol

I believe it’s Fall ‘23 and Spring ‘24 similar to normal Uni schedule.

Interviewed 9/26, got the call today, accepted! If anyone has any Qs lmk, I'm no rockstar applicant, but I can try to help.

• Love
Does anyone know how I can view my secondary essays after submitting? Having trouble navigating the portal.

Does anyone know how I can view my secondary essays after submitting? Having trouble navigating the portal.
I actually don't believe you can view them after submission, at least from what I saw. I had wrote them down in a Google Doc earlier though.

For anyone who’s been accepted, does the school accept thank you emails to the interviewers? I wanted to send one after my interview today but just didn’t know about the school’s stance on those. They did give me my interviewers’ info ahead of time which is helpful :)

Is anyone still under review here? Like no updates at all just under review

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who’s been accepted, does the school accept thank you emails to the interviewers? I wanted to send one after my interview today but just didn’t know about the school’s stance on those. They did give me my interviewers’ info ahead of time which is helpful :)
I sent one!

Can anyone please share if it's still okay to apply here?idk it they just outright reject late applicants

Can anyone please share if it's still okay to apply here?idk it they just outright reject late applicants

I’ve heard if you’re complete by Thanksgiving you’re generally good for DO schools.

I’ve been complete since 8/8.. has anyone complete AFTER 8/8 heard anything?

Congrats to everyone being accepted! I'm a fourth year, if I can help with anything feel free to let me know