2022-2023 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did y'all have to pay a secondary fee? I submitted both parts but never found a section that prompted payment? Also, is a DO LoR a hard req?

Members don't see this ad.

Did y'all have to pay a secondary fee? I submitted both parts but never found a section that prompted payment? Also, is a DO LoR a hard req?
I got accepted without a DO letter, mine was an MD letter.
You only pay a secondary fee if you are invited to interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 11/3 and still haven't heard back...anyone also interview on that date? I'm crossing my fingers but it seems like their turn around is quick and I should have heard by now

I interviewed on 11/3 and still haven't heard back...anyone also interview on that date? I'm crossing my fingers but it seems like their turn around is quick and I should have heard by now
I believe they said the committee meets on Tuesday or Wednesday of the week so you hopefully should hear by today!

I also interviewed 11/3 and haven’t heard anything. Fingers crossed we hear back today!

I believe they said the committee meets on Tuesday or Wednesday of the week so you hopefully should hear by today!

They meet on Tuesdays then the dean I think usually signs off Wednesdays and that’s when you hear back

I just got the A call today!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I was wondering if anyone in this thread could speak to being a URM at this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed 11/3 and haven’t heard anything. Fingers crossed we hear back today!
Just got the A call a few minutes ago!! So many happy tears!

Reactions: 2 users
Recently accepted student here! Can any current/previous students tell me about the housing options in Lewisburg? Where do students typically live/how much does is usually cost? I’m considering coming to this school but couldn’t find a lot of the housing options online.
I believe that once you put your deposit down you get access to the "housing portal" and can see current student apartments and housing options

Interviewed 11/10, accepted 11/16! First acceptance and it feels amazing! To all of those who are nervous about the interview, mine was truly one of the most friendly & welcoming experiences.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! I just got one too! Are you doing virtual or in-person?
Virtual. I booked a flight last week to visit family (of course it had to be during the interview timeframe) otherwise I would've flown down for the in person.

Virtual. I booked a flight last week to visit family (of course it had to be during the interview timeframe) otherwise I would've flown down for the in person.
I chose virtual too! Do you think both options are treated equally? It was just a lot of scheduling for me regarding flights, hotel booking, and uber. Also, does your portal still say "under review?"

I chose virtual too! Do you think both options are treated equally? It was just a lot of scheduling for me regarding flights, hotel booking, and uber. Also, does your portal still say "under review?"
It seems like they treat both equally. It's more about what you do with the interview I think than the format you interview in. My portal changed after I emailed back confirming the interview date. Good luck to you!

I did virtual. Accepted. Just got the acceptance package with a T-shirt

Are there any current students that I can PM?

II today! I was complete the week of 8/8. OOS, LM 65.5. I’m leaning towards passing on it since I have seats elsewhere, but for anyone wondering they’re currently booking out to 1/12 virtual and 1/30 in-person
so right now only January dates for now ?

Interviewed 11/17 and accepted 11/28! I have to say, this school had one of the best interview processes I've ever had. Everybody was super nice and welcoming, and I have to say the dean seems incredibly accommodating to the students' needs!

• Love
I'm accepted at another school and am also interviewing here 01/05/2023. does wvsom provide ipads? or should I ask for money to get one for christmas

I'm accepted at another school and am also interviewing here 01/05/2023. does wvsom provide ipads? or should I ask for money to get one for christmas
part of your tuition includes a computer and i believe it is a surface studio that has some similar capabilities as an iPad

Interview invite today!! :) So happy!!!! There’s so much I love about WVSOM

I've been complete since end of August and haven't heard anything. Getting worried for sure :((

Mind sharing stats? I completed mine early November and still haven’t heard anything. MCAT 502, sGPA 3.41, total GPA 3.57, upward trend last 2 years.

cGPA 3.6, sGPA 3.4 MCAT 505, oos and orm! We have similar stats so I’m sure yours is on its way :)

I've been complete since end of August and haven't heard anything. Getting worried for sure :((

Their initial deposit was on the 15th, so they have a good amount of seats still to fill from those who declined the spot. It’s only a matter of time when they mass send IIs

Just wanna congratulate all of you who got accepted. Wvsom is an amazing school. I’m a recent graduate, giving me the opportunity to match into my top program in a ROAD specialty. I was able to enjoy my four years there. You guys got this! If you have any questions HMU I’d love to help.

Reactions: 6 users