2021-2022 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone interview today?

Members don't see this ad.

Got an II for mid Feb, accepted the in person interview on Feb 21, scared that it may be for WL only. Do we know the class size so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
A on 1/20. Stats: OOS, sGPA3.9, cGPA 4.0, strong ties to Appalachian region/border state, MCAT 501, D.O. LOR, only one summer of research experience. So excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on 1/28, got call today! Super excited.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II available dates are early March. Does anyone know if they’ve filled up their spots yet? Am I interviewing for a waitlist?

Just got an II available dates are early March. Does anyone know if they’ve filled up their spots yet? Am I interviewing for a waitlist?
congrats! do you mind sharing stats

Is it possible to be invited for an interview after receiving a post-II rejection last cycle? I have made many improvements to my application including course grades to boost sGPA, two new LOR’s, and research experience. I have also been in continued communication with admissions. Last year I interviewed beginning of March so trying to hold onto hope. However, not sure if it is even possible to reinterview at a school you were rejected at so if anyone has insight I would appreciate it

Is it possible to be invited for an interview after receiving a post-II rejection last cycle? I have made many improvements to my application including course grades to boost sGPA, two new LOR’s, and research experience. I have also been in continued communication with admissions. Last year I interviewed beginning of March so trying to hold onto hope. However, not sure if it is even possible to reinterview at a school you were rejected at so if anyone has insight I would appreciate it

I can’t speak for this school specifically, but I did receive an interview from a school I received a post-II R last year

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I can’t speak for this school specifically, but I did receive an interview from a school I received a post-II R last year
Omg I’m so glad to hear that, thank you for sharing. I hope things are going better for you this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn’t think so, I got an II on 12-15, interviewed on 1-28 and was accepted yesterday 2-2. Good luck!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone 01/28 that still hasn't heard back via email or phone call?

Got the call at 12:30ish today! 1st A!
:soexcited:

Hey everyone! Has anyone heard about the bridge program WVSOM has with West Liberty University? I was accepted but wanted to get a perspective from someone in it or that knew someone from it if possible. Thanks in advance!!

Hello everyone,

I interviewed 2/4 and I received the call today at 3pm saying I was accepted

Does anyone know how full the class is so far?

Also interviewed on 2/4/21 and was accepted yesterday.

Also interviewed on 2/4/21 and was accepted yesterday.
Hey, they called me when I was sleeping and all I heard was that I was accepted lol. Do you know when we would get the official email and the letter mailed home?

Manifesting some II’s today 🙏🏽

I was placed on a hold (decision deferred per the email) on 1/14/22. BUT I was accepted to the WVSOM bridge program, so that's the bright side lol
Good luck to the rest of you!

Sad I haven't heard back since my interview on 1/28

Hey! I haven't been on SDN for a few years but decided to come pay a visit. I'm a fourth-year WVSOM student who had a pretty successful during my time. I scored well on my national exams and applied to some competitive specialties for residency. I also purchased a house in Lewisburg which has turned out well when I moved here. If you have any questions about the school or area, let me know and I would love to help!
Hi! Do you happen to know anyone who has done the Bridge program with West Liberty prior to attending WVSOM? Thanks in advance and congrats on being on your last year!!

Is there an accepted students groupme, my friends?

+1 got call for A after 19 days.

Just got interview invite! Can someone tell me what time the interview day starts?

Can someone tell me what this Fireside chat is about? Will it benefit me to attend this? I thought it was an interview invite 🥲

Can someone tell me what this Fireside chat is about? Will it benefit me to attend this? I thought it was an interview invite 🥲
Information session + Q and A. I don't think it you are evaluated for your attendance but if you are interested in learning more about the school check it out.

How long after the acceptance phone call do we get a formal e-mail?

I think it will benefit you even if a little, if they recognize you and you are in communication with admissions, shows you're interested.

Edit: I like to thank that it helped my case.

Last edited:
Can a current student comment on how the classes are?

Are any of them mandatory except labs?
Are any classes P/F?
What is the quiz/test schedule like?
Are tests made in boards question format?
Have you had ample time to study for boards/any dedicated time?

I think it will benefit you even if a little, if they recognize you and you are in communication with admissions, shows you're interested.

Edit: I like to thank that it helped my case.
Really? Did you get an interview after attending one?

So I attended their WVSOM Virtual Open House and 2-3 weeks later got interview invite, then most recently I attended their Fireside Chat and got my acceptance after not hearing back for 2.5 weeks,

So I attended their WVSOM Virtual Open House and 2-3 weeks later got interview invite, then most recently I attended their Fireside Chat and got my acceptance after not hearing back for 2.5 weeks,
Congratulations!! Thats amazing!! Man I regret not attending the first one I got invited to this month. Will definitely attend the next one. WVSOM is close to family and I really want to be close to them during med school.