2022-2023 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an email from them and got very excited, turned out to be a fire side chat invite

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure why I got the fire side chat invite again.

Reactions: 1 user
+1. I have received two invites for the fire side chat. Since this is a state school, they could prefer certain (neighboring) states over others.

Still in review... lol got the fire side chat invite and nearly died thinking it was an interview. Why they gotta play with my emotions like that?

Does save in progress not work for the secondary? When I click the button and go back to the application, it’s all empty.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is like?

everyday I wake up and see under review

I must have missed the button at the bottom of the screen to submit secondary. When they emailed I didn't "officially" submitted until a month after I received my secondary. Am i screwed? Should I email them that I did not see that buttom at the bottom?

Just a side note, WVSOM likes to see that you're interested in them. A phone call or email to admissions can go a long way. I emailed and got an interview invite later the same week. Talk about your interest in WV medicine, primary care, and rural medicine. Look up health disparities about WV. For example, WV has the highest rate of obesity in the nation.

anyone complete in aug get an ii yet?
i wonder if they go in order of completion date

Just a side note, WVSOM likes to see that you're interested in them. A phone call or email to admissions can go a long way. I emailed and got an interview invite later the same week. Talk about your interest in WV medicine, primary care, and rural medicine. Look up health disparities about WV. For example, WV has the highest rate of obesity in the nation.
Is it best to send this kinda email prior to an II or after?

quick question to any current or former students: exactly how rural is this school?

I keep thinking its gonna be like SpongeBob... this isn't just rural, this is advanced rural. is that a fair assessment? lol

1st year student here.

I'm from a town of 15,000 (I believe Lewisburg is < 5,000) and I'd trend toward advanced rural. I say that because, while Lewisburg does have the essentials (Walmart, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, Lowes)--you are really in the sticks the moment you leave Lewisburg.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you are from the up and up, The Greenbrier is about 15 mins from Lewisburg. It's an uber upper class resort with just about anything you'd like to spend money doing.

Two things to keep in mind.

1) You'll make friends and hang out with them with what little time remains outside academics and campus clubs. Having fewer than normal things to do will be more than cancelled out by your fewer than normal hours with which you have available to do them.

2) There are really good people here. Every student I've talked with has said the exact same thing, regardless of what part of the country they come from. It may sound ridiculous but it matters because you interact with the locals a lot.

I turned down several schools to come here and was really nervous about the good things we were told being a sales pitch, a rug that would be pulled away once school fired up. Everything we were told was 100% true and I'm so glad I chose this school.

I barely convinced myself to send in my secondary here. I was torn between whether or not to attend the interview. The interview itself went poorly for me. But the campus is beautiful. That again seems like a low on the totem poll item. But it does matter when you can study outside all day with an amazing second story view of the campus. No traffic noise, no ambulances. Just the breeze, people walking their dogs, jogging. Everyone needs a break from studying but I know I need fewer here because of how nice campus is. No school measured up after I came to this place.

If you receive an interview here, take it. You'll only regret it if you honestly can't handle being advanced rural for two very short years of your life.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an II invite! Keep an eye out in your emails today.

Reactions: 2 users
What’s the itinerary like for virtual interview? Do we know?

anyone know if this school interview open file or close file? My interview is on Thursday

Good luck to all those interviewing today! You got this

Congratulations to all those receiving interviews! And to those still waiting to hear from the school, keep those positive thoughts front of mind.

As far as turnaround time, I interviewed here on a Friday in September last year. Received the A via phone on the following Wednesday. And don't worry if you miss the call. Just make sure your voicemail box has room and call them back asap!

I just received II for either in-person or virtual. Taking Virtual option for September 29. OOS- No ties. MCAT 51* (Mid-teens), GPA 3.7+. Good EC
Secondary submitted 07/21

Last edited:
OOS-Also received II for in-person or virtual. Opting for virtual on 9/29.