2022-2023 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school also send email letter of acceptances? Or just a phone call and a package?

Members don't see this ad.

Does this school also send email letter of acceptances? Or just a phone call and a package?
In my phone call this morning, she said that I will be receiving an email later today. She didn't mention a package.

Members don't see this ad :)
In my phone call this morning, she said that I will be receiving an email later today. She didn't mention a package.
Yup! You should be getting a package as well! She told me we’d get an email today and a package in the mail

I withdrew my "A" and application! I hope it goes to one of you in the forum.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got accepted, did you pick "Virtual" or "In-person" interview? Thanks!

For those who got accepted, did you pick "Virtual" or "In-person" interview? Thanks!

I chose in person for a couple of reasons. First because I live relatively close, I was able to drive and wanted to see the campus/vibe of the school. Also, I think talking to someone face to face is advantageous over through a screen.

I chose in person for a couple of reasons. First because I live relatively close, I was able to drive and wanted to see the campus/vibe of the school. Also, I think talking to someone face to face is advantageous over through a screen.

yea true, I agree; but for me, I will have to fly, book hotel, rental car, rearrange my work...hard to decide, ahhh I dunno

I chose the virtual option, I was considering driving out, but my interview was in the middle of the week so it became a bit tough to coordinate everything.

Reactions: 1 user
For the virtual interview, do you need to pick morning or afternoon? or they will just assign you? thx!
Is the whole interview day just half day or whole day? same for virtual and in-person?

In person it was a 2ish hour window for interviews (find out once arrived) and started at 8am. After it was your/lunch with current M2s until 3 or 4. I kind of forgot when.

For the virtual interview, do you need to pick morning or afternoon? or they will just assign you? thx!
Is the whole interview day just half day or whole day? same for virtual and in-person?
I belive they just assigned me. It's only for half of a day, there was a Q & A with students and an info session after the interview.

i’ve interviewed at 4 other schools, MD and DO, and this was by far my favorite interview. Such caring faculty.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Recent grad. Happy to answer any questions.

Are they slow with IIs? Not sure what’s going on. Been complete since early august, silence

Are they slow with IIs? Not sure what’s going on. Been complete since early august, silence
Send them an email and ask about the status of your application. They are pretty good about getting back to you. You can call the admissions office as well. They are nice and it will not hurt your chances. Showing interest may help your chances.

Reactions: 1 users
Recent grad. Happy to answer any questions.

How were your 3rd/4th year rotations like? Does WVSOM kinda push primary care hard or do they also help you if you’re interested in other specialties? Thank you in advance

How were your 3rd/4th year rotations like? Does WVSOM kinda push primary care hard or do they also help you if you’re interested in other specialties? Thank you in advance

Idk if this means anything, but someone matched into CT surgery in 2020.

3rd year rotations are set up at sites around WV. I can only speeak for my site, but it had all the opportunities available. Anyone who wants to explore specialties outside of primary care will have no issues. 4th year, you can stay in WV or go anywhere you want in the country. It's very flexible that way.

Idk if this means anything, but someone matched into CT surgery in 2020.
This is true, and I know this student. He had previous work before med school in Cardio surgery as a nurse. He scored well and knew all the right people. When it comes to competitive specialities, it matters who you know and what your connections are.

Reactions: 2 users
I wanna ortho spot, but Ill do IM or EM
Lol nah dude, you shouldn't already settle for a plan B. You haven't even started med school yet, If you're passionate about ortho, make sure you get involved in research and network with people in the field as soon as possible. Like Mr. Babe said, if you know all the right people, and have good board scores, the sky is the limit!

This is true, and I know this student. He had previous work before med school in Cardio surgery as a nurse. He scored well and knew all the right people. When it comes to competitive specialities, it matters who you know and what your connections are.
I 100% agree. Outside of objective measures like board scores and class rank, it really boils down to who you know! I noticed you mentioned you recently graduated, congrats! I hope you are coping well with residency!

Do they send II’s in waves? I emailed admissions and was told my application has reviewed and I’ll get a status update next month

Hm they just told me I was still under review
When did you submit? I was complete around 8/8. Just weird they told me I’ll hear back in a month, as if they’re already decided what to do (II or R)